Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I think Liberty will do some dumb but ultimately harmless stuff which is preferable to Bernie ruining everything in order to line his pockets. Ferrari are fraudulent garbage cheats, but they're a less odious heel than Red Bull. Insanely expensive ugly watches will help make rounding up the right people much easier when the glorious revolution arrives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If the commentators are gonna be forced to say poo poo like “Hamilton is on his Heineken Hot Lap,” I can’t consider that harmless.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Kimoa Kid posted:

If the commentators are gonna be forced to say poo poo like “Hamilton is on his Heineken Hot Lap,” I can’t consider that harmless.

Stop giving them ideas.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I consider it badass

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

The Kimoa Kid posted:

ahahaha yes they will. They'll refer to all the segments with the sponsored names and segments they're still coming up with.

Holy loving lol at that tweet about the ACTION LAP with MUSIC playing

This is literally what I've been preaching for months. These are ESPN/Fox Executives.... this is their entire playbook.

Thank gently caress MotoGP is owned and run by Dorna that is cool and good and understand what a motorsport broadcast actually is and should be like.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I'm not sure what the current state of affairs is in UK broadcasting legislation and product placement in sporting events, but I think there's a lot more hoops than sky are willing to jump through, otherwise they'd already do it in all the other sports they broadcast.

US sports coverage is already littered with it so nobody will notice

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Stop giving them ideas.

Dovi is negotiating with Honda and Suzuki because Ducati are still paying him 10m less than Lorenzo.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

The Kimoa Kid posted:

If I were a senator horse I would poop on this idea to veto it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Dovi is negotiating with Honda and Suzuki because Ducati are still paying him 10m less than Lorenzo.

He'll stay with Ducati. He's just trying to bump the number up.

Lorenzo will go to Suzuki, I can't see him staying at Ducati.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

He'll stay with Ducati. He's just trying to bump the number up.

Lorenzo will go to Suzuki, I can't see him staying at Ducati.

Aprilia is more Lorenzo’s level.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

The Kimoa Kid posted:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Aprilia is more Lorenzo’s level.

I genuinely think Lorenzo will do really well at Suzuki. He'd have the whole team around him and a bike to support his smooth style.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
He will stay forever because Dorna ensures that any fraud can stay in a top teams as long as they want as long as they are Spanish.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lorenzo is Vettel on two wheels

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Lorenzo is extremely talented but he does not possess the je me sais quoi quality that Dovizioso and Stoner have to inexplicably get wins out of Ducati.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Two wheels bad, four wheels good.

Everyone else is discussing this in the active MotoGP thread, it’s kind of sad that you are missing out tbh.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/InsideFOM/status/976409474666819584

Sure, they broadcast Fan_handle's vapid tweet, but what about my 30-tweet thread proving the Wolff-Lauda conspiracy?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
formula one is dead

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

DoctorGonzo posted:

formula one is dead
good if true

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Two wheels bad, four wheels good.

Everyone else is discussing this in the active MotoGP thread, it’s kind of sad that you are missing out tbh.

I hope you get eaten by the giant bird that soars above F1 races.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DoctorGonzo posted:

formula one is dead

:peanut:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I hope you get eaten by the giant bird that soars above F1 races.

that was a fake bird right?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

poty posted:

Sure, they broadcast Fan_handle's vapid tweet, but what about my 30-tweet thread proving the Wolff-Lauda conspiracy?

Ahahahahaha loving broadcast tweets lmao gently caress America

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grand Prix series with Ferrari, Mercedes, Bernie and none of this crap will be great

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

DoctorGonzo posted:

Grand Prix series with Ferrari, Mercedes, Bernie and none of this crap will be great

Even if this happened I guarantee you would still spend all your time shitposting in the F1 thread

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

poty posted:

You forgot the #F1 hashtag, friend.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I hope we can see tweets during the action laps with music.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Just to put into context how bad everything Liberty is now that they're going full blown reveal.... even wicka admitted he was wrong.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Time for everyone to tweet the thread's freshest memes for international consumption

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
#eatacompleto #bringbackbernie #forzaferrari

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm going to tweet and get on TV and everyone will see my great content.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

DoctorGonzo posted:

#eatacompleto #bringbackbernie #forzaferrari

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Everyone tweet about completi and bin tires and wicka meltdowns and iospace will give a prize to the first one to get a thread meme on tv.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Looking forward to Weedlord Bonerhitler bringing some respectable commentary and decent banter back to F1

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Diet Crack posted:

Pirelli Pole Position ofcourse

There's V8's and Porsches on Thursday

There's a Pirelli race this weekend at COTA, imma go. Porsche, Audi, Ferrari, Lambos, should be fun times.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I still think its a mixed message having Johnnie Walker written right on the loving steering wheel

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Gigi Galli posted:

Everyone tweet about completi and bin tires and wicka meltdowns and iospace will give a prize to the first one to get a thread meme on tv.

It'll probably be a ban :evilbuddy:

But seriously if you do somehow get your tweet on TV I might reward you.

Might, no promises.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

I still think its a mixed message having Johnnie Walker written right on the loving steering wheel

Not that I don't think a sizeable chunk of the population isn't retarded but if a logo for some liquor near a car is all it takes to get you to drink and drive then you probably shouldn't be drinking or driving to begin with.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I’m not telling any of you losers my Twitter account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE