Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

rediscover posted:

are all the chapters in FFXV as short as the first 4? because instead of being chapters of a story it feels more like each chapter is designated to one plot beat and are only an ~hour long

i think the next few are long then the last couple are short. the story isnt very long anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I just had one that was like two fights and a cutscene so god knows

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I probably spent most of my time in chapter 3 i think because i did like every sidequest I could and was disgustingly overlevled for the rest of the game

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

rediscover posted:

are all the chapters in FFXV as short as the first 4? because instead of being chapters of a story it feels more like each chapter is designated to one plot beat and are only an ~hour long

Basically, yes. The only long one is 13, which is the infamous solo noctis chapter. 14 is longer too but only if you have ROYAL EDITION which adds some bosses and stuff to it, otherwise it's a corridor you walk down and the final boss is at the end of it

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

In Training posted:

I probably spent most of my time in chapter 3 i think because i did like every sidequest I could and was disgustingly overlevled for the rest of the game

:same:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Tifa..

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

same. i wish more games did the xc2 thing they patched in where you can turn exp into bonus exp and level yourself down whenever

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Seeing all these cool places through a train window and not visiting them reminds me of the bit in no more heroes 2 where Henry shows you photos of all the bosses he killed offscreen

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

nodding rapidly and with determination

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

That feel when...

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm liking FF7 a lot more than I did as a kid. It's fun and clever and paced well so far.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Do you think they made characters interchangeable with materia because they planned to permanently take away a party member?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

permanently take away a party member?

wait what

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

FactsAreUseless posted:

Do you think they made characters interchangeable with materia because they planned to permanently take away a party member?

they originally planned for the characters to have classes, including cait sith being a "Toysaurus"

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

They don't. He's thinking of 6.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I remember reading that the thing you refer to was a last-minute decision, and the materia system was just sort of where their heads were at designwise at the time. The characters' malleability in 5 and 6 evolved into the systems of 7 and 8 where anybody can be anything at any time.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

they originally planned for the characters to have classes, including cait sith being a "Toysaurus"
They all have classes in the Japanese version of 6, right?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

They all have classes in the Japanese version of 6, right?

Yeah

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Whaaat I didn't know that. Is there like a fan translation or something? I want to play that version.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

rediscover posted:

Whaaat I didn't know that. Is there like a fan translation or something? I want to play that version.

here it is. https://www.meatspin.fr / finalfantasy6withajobsystemlikeff5

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

mysterious loyall X posted:

Yeah, nice try. I almost even clicked on it before I saw the post count

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

Lol

rediscover posted:

The Advance port includes the class names

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Pictomancer was my nickname in college

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
"Toss me a cold one while you're over there by the 'fridge, ole Pictomancer!" they'd say

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I think you're pulling my leg.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
well my college was the University of Phoenix if that matters (I dropped out when Verizon banned me for illegally tethering)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

Yeah, this is what I did. It feels kind of weird to go back to the few you have to finish off after the ending, though

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/982349776149557253

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

yes!!! episode aranea!

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Episode Aranea will own but I'm super excited for episode Noctis

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!
I'm glad they figured out how to do character-based spin-off sequel games: just give us a small game with every interesting character.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm confused by episode Noctis because isn't that just FFXV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I'm confused by episode Noctis because isn't that just FFXV.

thats Episode #crew