Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Watsonian explanation - the unstable nature of the Singularity has caused multiple eras of American history to blend together, causing such anachronisms to pop up across the continent; even the land itself is becoming unstable, with entire regions suddenly undergoing inexplicable changes in climate and topography.

Doylist explanation - Japan loves cowboys and Westerns, so you get arid deserts full of cacti, Conestoga wagons and frontier towns all across the country in 1783.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

What, you guys didn't learn about the Celt invasion of 1783 in school?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Badingading posted:

What, you guys didn't learn about the Celt invasion of 1783 in school?

What would you even teach about president lionhead if you don't mention the invasion?
Edit: Real talk. Has there been any official noise on what basis they hand out strengthening quests? If it was just rebalancing than they wouldn't have buffed Waver.

genericnick fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 21, 2018

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

genericnick posted:

Edit: Real talk. Has there been any official noise on what basis they hand out strengthening quests? If it was just rebalancing than they wouldn't have buffed Waver.

Waver hasn't received any additional buffs since he got NP charge on his skills and became broken, has he?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

Waver hasn't received any additional buffs since he got NP charge on his skills and became broken, has he?

I'm talking about the NP buff.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

genericnick posted:

I'm talking about the NP buff.

Pretty sure that was before his skills were buffed. Back then he wasn't an amazing servant; not bad, but far from the best 5*. There wouldn't have been anything strange about buffing him.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
How long until Mata Hari starts beating people down with alluring dance moves and poo poo rather than stock caster animations?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'm pretty sure he was considered easily the worst of the 5* Servants at launch.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Pureauthor posted:

I'm pretty sure he was considered easily the worst of the 5* Servants at launch.

You mean you weren't wowed by his massive and convincing 5% level 1 defense boost with no NP charge or damage cut (maxed at either 10 or 15, I forget which)???

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

RanKizama posted:

How long until Mata Hari starts beating people down with alluring dance moves and poo poo rather than stock caster animations?

Around the same time Jing Ke gets a third hit on her Quick cards and stops using generic melee animations.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

Pretty sure that was before his skills were buffed. Back then he wasn't an amazing servant; not bad, but far from the best 5*. There wouldn't have been anything strange about buffing him.

Ah, that makes sense. I wasn't around back then and appmedia doesn't list the unbuffed skills.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I don't think his buffs were through strengthening quests so they wouldn't show up on the same way that the sites track, which is when a skill goes through an interlude buff.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Transient People posted:

You mean you weren't wowed by his massive and convincing 5% level 1 defense boost with no NP charge or damage cut (maxed at either 10 or 15, I forget which)???

No the damage cut was always there, it's just that nobody could level skills past 4 (so his 2 and 3 were really weak) and Quicks dropped so few stars there was no practical way of using crit skills, making his 1 complete dead weight.

He is the only case of a servant having their skills straight up modified post-release, hence why there's no record of the change. Not coincidentally he long predated any skill strengthenings. The NP charge additions were basically patch jobs to make his skills at least somewhat useful even if their primary purpose was still pointless.

And then Quicks got rebalanced.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Mar 21, 2018

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

His animations were also really stupid looking. Some of the default/uniform animations we have now are boring but pretty much all the launch golds we got updated off the bat looked laughable.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I finished another set of summaries

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here they are

https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=150553

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
God I really do hate the Bride outfit.

In the space of DPS vs support I think I prefer her as a support, since all of her skills are pretty universally useful whereas I've yet to make her damage really workable on a consistent basis. Like pair her with Lancelot and all of a sudden his NP shits out 50 stars, and that's pretty swell. I think she'd honestly be better as a 4* to give her a lower cost and lower resources required.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Just finished America.

I think one of my favorite things, and maybe I just never noticed before but, it felt like they did a better job highlighting the cultural differences between the different heroes, and I thought that was neat.

Mash!? What the gently caress, Mash, what's wrong!? :ohdear:

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I have about 1 Million FP saved up for Angra Mainyu at this point. I hope that will be enough to get him (probably not!), he seems neat.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

W.T. Fits posted:

Watsonian explanation - the unstable nature of the Singularity has caused multiple eras of American history to blend together, causing such anachronisms to pop up across the continent; even the land itself is becoming unstable, with entire regions suddenly undergoing inexplicable changes in climate and topography.

Doylist explanation - Japan loves cowboys and Westerns, so you get arid deserts full of cacti, Conestoga wagons and frontier towns all across the country in 1783.

what I'm wondering is how camelot got temporally misplaced by about half a millennium. the banner says AD 1273. when did Artoria become Edward Longshanks? huh, type-moon? :spergin:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Baal's poo poo posted:

I would only really recommend him [Iskander] if he's your husbando or something

:whatup:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

TheFluff posted:

what I'm wondering is how camelot got temporally misplaced by about half a millennium. the banner says AD 1273. when did Artoria become Edward Longshanks? huh, type-moon? :spergin:

You'll see why.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I dont have any complaints with bride nero. Other than I prefer when people use first stage look on it.

Though instead people prefer to use Adult Waver, Helmeted Mordred and Lalter and other strange appearance choices. Same people who use 2nd/3rd form Jack, too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also I need to make a revision to one of Endorph’s reviews, Okita should actually be an 11/10

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

drat straight

also i'm glad bily is good, since i instantly sunk all my saved exp into him. lizardman love cowboy.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
When is Liz's animation update, that video linked for nightengale has a way better looking Liz NP.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Liz (and Robin's) animation updates were for CCC, which won't be until next year latish April on NA

hopefully they add them (and all the others) early, but since those two's are tied to a fairly plot-relevant event, it's hard to say what they'll do for NA

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 21, 2018

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

They're probably up for acceleration unless they're meant to have a big impact in the story like a certain someone's. Though they've still only done it once so far.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Only one servant has their animation update actually dropped in a story event, so yeah every other servant should just get theirs sooner rather than later.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

My four regrets in FGO are:
  • Not reset scamming for a good start.
  • Blowing all the quarz on christmas and getting np4 Medusa lancer who I never used.
  • Getting drunk and buying quarz to pull for summer Raikou. And not getting her.
  • Pulling on the guaranteed gatcha and pulling Iskander

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Who even regrets Iskandar

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Captain Baal posted:

Only one servant has their animation update actually dropped in a story event, so yeah every other servant should just get theirs sooner rather than later.

Was that Mash? I was trying to figure out the "Mash's combat style has changed due to her deepened determination" message during America. It didn't seem like anything had actually changed.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kojiro in Shimosa

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

I don't know if I'll ever outright like Nero Bride's outfit, but at worst I think it looks strange, not bad.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I think it's awesome/hilarious that the only thing that can limit Nero's infinite power is a chastity belt.

If only the Romans knew that...

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I think it's fine and the first ascension's popped/unzipped stockings are silly enough for me to like.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Vengarr posted:

Was that Mash? I was trying to figure out the "Mash's combat style has changed due to her deepened determination" message during America. It didn't seem like anything had actually changed.

I notice her buster card has her jumping higher and using her shield Captain America style covering behind it and using its center as the collision point.

Seems to spin more too. That's in addition to the vocal lines all being swapped out (Is this the new VA or did we start with the replacement Mash?)

I'm sure we'll see more updates once Camelot hits and we get third ascension.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
well i threw my 69 quartz at medb in an attempt at her cause why not, saving is hard, and managed to pick up my fourth kaleido, 2nd another ending and

my third loving fionn, this guy...

Fish Cake
Jun 13, 2008

woof

how could this not work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Fish Cake posted:

how could this not work