Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Beachcomber posted:

I couldn't help but notice he didn't cut or chop anything

And ruin the resale value?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

DontMockMySmock posted:

Fuckin' lol @ anyone who uses the acronym "EDC".

It's an abbreviation so yeah definitely lol

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm gonna make an entire folding kitchen knife set, but instead of displaying them in a block they're just going to hang from different sized jeans pockets.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm gonna make an entire folding kitchen knife set, but instead of displaying them in a block they're just going to hang from different sized jeans pockets.

“Sharp behind!”

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Counterpoint: I went to some hipster restaurant in Portland and the steak knife they gave me to use was an Opinel folding pocket knife.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Android Apocalypse posted:

Counterpoint: I went to some hipster restaurant in Portland and the steak knife they gave me to use was an Opinel folding pocket knife.

Wonder how many of them walk out?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The trick is to take it off of someone else's table. :ninja:

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder how much steak juice gets under the collet/ locking mechanism. On a good day those things don't turn very easily. With steak and mashed potatoes in the mix I bet those harbor a lot of bacteria, too

Also those should be used for cutting up apples not steak.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Pingiivi posted:

This manages to be the most bad rear end thing and the dumbest thing at the same time. I want one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2coyDi7kMNY

There's probably easier ways to cope with a small dick

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sponge Baathist posted:

I wonder how much steak juice gets under the collet/ locking mechanism. On a good day those things don't turn very easily. With steak and mashed potatoes in the mix I bet those harbor a lot of bacteria, too

Also those should be used for cutting up apples not steak.

Maybe they boil them in a big pot. You know, like how they used to sterilize operating tools back in the 1800's. Get all that lodged meat out of there.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Knife stew in 4 easy steps!
Cheap, delicious and nutritious.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Solice Kirsk posted:

Maybe they boil them in a big pot. You know, like how they used to sterilize operating tools back in the 1800's. Get all that lodged meat out of there.

While boiling would sterilize the metal, it would wreck the wood.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Android Apocalypse posted:

While boiling would sterilize the metal, it would wreck the wood.

They could get around that by simply ordering thousands of replacement handles. :shrug:

Running a restaurant is easy and fun!

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Finding employees with knife repair experience would be a nightmare though

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

EX250 Type R posted:

It's an abbreviation so yeah definitely lol

What do you think an acronym and an abbreviation are?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

It’s not an acronym, it’s an initialism. Both are abbreviations. Let’s move on.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

It’s not an acronym, it’s an initialism. Both are abbreviations. Let’s move on.

Or LMO, for short.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
You know what's worse than wannabe commandos who say "EDC"? People who quibble about the definition of "acronym".

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
Hope my own cat Biscuit is okay here!

https://imgur.com/a/9vNrg

She really hates plants, her face says "mission accomplished boys biscuit out"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeet posted:

Hope my own cat Biscuit is okay here!

https://imgur.com/a/9vNrg

She really hates plants, her face says "mission accomplished boys biscuit out"

"I'm the Biscuit that dunks."

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

DontMockMySmock posted:

You know what's worse than wannabe commandos who say "EDC"? People who quibble about the definition of "acronym".

It's mostly an American/European thing. The distinction between acronyms and initialisms was rarely a thing in the US until it somehow leaked into our culture, kind of like calling redheads "gingers."

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiQaIaI9xmk

Give'em hell, kids.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Truly there is hope. My generation already failed against boomers. Hopefully when they all die off the kids can defeat poo poo generation that is olds.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Avoid ALL comments on news sites while this is happening.

You're welcome.

You
Oct 6, 2009

When I was her age didn't have enough conviction to have a favourite Ninja Turtle. The youth of today is certainly something to admire.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mister Kingdom posted:

Free internet comments were the mistake of our generation :(

(Seriouspost BTW.)

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jerry Cotton posted:

Free internet comments were the mistake of our generation :(

(Seriouspost BTW.)

Yeah they decided that Web 2.0 would be all crowd-sourced and discussion-in-the-comment-section for content, and it basically fostered the idea that one person's opinion has the same worth as another person's expertise.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Memento posted:

Yeah they decided that Web 2.0 would be all crowd-sourced and discussion-in-the-comment-section for content, and it basically fostered the idea that one person's opinion has the same worth as another person's expertise.

"Let's have hell of nazis and other crazies post here on this newspaper web site. It is added value. My nephew is internert."

e: But yeah what you said.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

What's badass is he ran about 3 miles before he had to stop

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Mister Kingdom posted:

You're welcome.

I got your warning too late :(

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Okay, what would happen if you had 100-meter sprinters start from a running treadmill instead of starting blocks? When they get up to full speed and you stop the treadmill, would they instantly accelerate and take off, fall flat on their face, or fly backwards?

I'd watch either way, I just want to know how best to set up the camera.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You posted:

When I was her age didn't have enough conviction to have a favourite Ninja Turtle. The youth of today is certainly something to admire.

No they're not. Kids have no impact on anything. They'll grow up, file into the same lines we're in now, and vote the same way their parents did/didn't based on their own experience. Nothing will change because it's been made to not change.

I grew up thinking we could change the world, as I'm assuming you did. Guess what happened.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

No they're not. Kids have no impact on anything. They'll grow up, file into the same lines we're in now, and vote the same way their parents did/didn't based on their own experience. Nothing will change because it's been made to not change.

I grew up thinking we could change the world, as I'm assuming you did. Guess what happened.
Well, circumstances were a bit different. If you're close to my age we grew up around the apex of the American Empire, then watched it start to decline with no idea of how to stop it, further muddied by the rapid changes in technology literally every few months. It doesn't excuse people our age, but it was different.

These kids grew up with a much more stable internet/communications infrastructure from birth alongside an America that has always been suffering for the sins of the last Century. They're in a prime position to both give a gently caress and give a gently caress in a meaningful way. Things likely won't change because of them, like you said our system has gotten really good at limiting the effectiveness of the lower classes thanks to the 60s, but the kids do ultimately have a better shot.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Okay, what would happen if you had 100-meter sprinters start from a running treadmill instead of starting blocks? When they get up to full speed and you stop the treadmill, would they instantly accelerate and take off, fall flat on their face, or fly backwards?

I'd watch either way, I just want to know how best to set up the camera.

They wouldn't be in position to give their upper body any momentum, so it'd probably look pretty similar to a failed attempt at a backflip.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm gonna guess the world changed, and never asked your permission as to what that change would be.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Hopeless nihilism is a defense mechanism: if you always expect the worst and are right, you get to be smug. If you're wrong you get a pleasant surprise. Either way you're absolved of responsibility to try to do anything about it, and if it shuts down discussion then more the better. It's a great way to escape the seething envy toward people able to feel positive emotion.

In any case, the world changes all the time. Sometimes it's for the better; sometimes it's not. Large blocks of motivated voters can in fact affect policy. Guess which generation is the biggest in American history.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 12:49 on Mar 25, 2018

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Guess which generation is the biggest in American history.

If things continue this way, there won't be enough kids that make it to voting age to make a difference.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Boomers recognize the voting power Millennials & Gen Z have and realized the best counter is a scorched earth policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSlHYlbVh1c