Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

BrightWing posted:

https://www.fflogs.com/character/id/48908

Here's my fflogs page, all parses on there are with my group. It's the best I can do from my phone. We do keep uptime during load ultros and our MT drags the boss to the first melee biblio spot and we stay on Guardian till he lifts off. I run BLM and I'd say I realistically am pulling about 5500 at the end going off my own parser.

Thank you for the help! We're just frustrated being stuck on a fight I feel we should have cleared three weeks ago.

Yeah, we might be able to do more if we could see a typical hit-enrage pull. Looking at your o6s clears, a few percentiles are low, but I don't see any ridiculous smoking guns or indications that your group should be wholly unable to beat enrage on o7s. My best guess is that you're losing too much uptime/potential casts to resolving mechanics in o7s. Try comparing active time/CPM for your players against ~90th percentile parses for the same class?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I would say if he's pulling 5k+ as BLM he's contributing his part for clear purposes. Party dps to beat enrage in o7s is like 29k-30k right? You don't want your dps to be *a lot* below 5k but it's a good target to meet and surpass.

If mechanics are being done correctly and all dps are at 5k+ it may boil down to one of the healers being too cautious?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

We're seeking two tanks (of any differing jobs) or one WAR/DRK tank and one caster DPS/BRD for our static in the Chaos data centre (EU).

We're relatively casual and easy-going as a static, running three days a week, but we're flexible as to which; we just prefer three in a row, whichever they are. ATM we run Tue-Thurs 7-10pm GMT

We're currently more or less consistently up to and through Virus on O7S.

Come join us, we're cool. Whisper Xaph Irongauntlet in-game for deets.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
New pick for most visually impressive boss I've seen yet: Ozma, in the Weeping City raid.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

This one had occured to me too, actually. Obviously Thordan ate him and then you killed Thordan to death. Presumably his aether would have been absorbed by the eye at that point and been floating around in Shinryu, so maybe he could still exist?

Though personally I'm expecting that his gimmick is that he just can't die, the Empire has a bunch of clone bodies of him stuffed away somewhere and his hosed up engineered Echo means that every time he dies his soul gets forcibly ejected into one of them. I'm also expecting him to be very unhappy about this if they want to give him a redemption arc or have him be the Token Evil Scion.

There is literally no way that Zenos is going to get redeemed, considering that they're already lining up a redemption arc for Yotsuyu, Fordola, or both. IIRC they said they explicitly made Zenos to be turbo-evil after people started sympathizing with Gaius.

Cythereal posted:

New pick for most visually impressive boss I've seen yet: Ozma, in the Weeping City raid.

Agreed 100%, especially the sound design.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

vOv posted:

There is literally no way that Zenos is going to get redeemed, considering that they're already lining up a redemption arc for Yotsuyu, Fordola, or both. IIRC they said they explicitly made Zenos to be turbo-evil after people started sympathizing with Gaius.

Agreed 100%, especially the sound design.

PEW PEW FZZZZZZZT PLINK PLINK PLINK

:agreed:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
No, we haven't cleared, and all my enrage parses are on my computer at home, I was linking what I had access to

Thundarr posted:

I would say if he's pulling 5k+ as BLM he's contributing his part for clear purposes. Party dps to beat enrage in o7s is like 29k-30k right? You don't want your dps to be *a lot* below 5k but it's a good target to meet and surpass.

If mechanics are being done correctly and all dps are at 5k+ it may boil down to one of the healers being too cautious?

Off the top of my head the DPS is me on BLM about 5400 ish, my SAM at 5000ish, then my MCH and NIN float about 4600ish. Healers as tanks I don't recall.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
also dumb question: are you guys potting?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Apologies, I'm really not trying to be short and I'm sorry that I am. Just trying to answer the questions thrown my way.

E: whoops didn't mean to post again. Anyway.

I pot for sure. Grade 2 infusions. The others are potting I think. It's hectic. They say they're potting and I trust them. Pot. Drugs.

BrightWing fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Mar 21, 2018

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

img_stormblood_benchmark_EXTREMELY_HIGH.jpg

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I just hit 70, is there a checklist or anything of poo poo I should do?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Bolow posted:

I'm curious as to where you died, because there's literally 2 places that are effectively a no mans land

There's also Shark Alley over on the other side of the map which gets really hectic when typhoon sprites are up. If they so much as think they see you casting they peg you with aero's that do entirely too much damage. Bonus: they have pretty good coverage on the alley.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Lizard Wizard posted:

Warp to Rhalgr's and collect all the new quest icons on your mini map. That's what i did.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

vOv posted:

I have to admit, I'd mark out if Zenos gets the Sarevok treatment and comes back as an erstwhile ally in a later explanation, say once we actually have to go punch out Zodiark. For now he's definitely a primary antagonist and is going to go down again regardless of what his current deal is.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 21, 2018

Kaebora
Jul 12, 2006

Be careful of forgetfulness. Your lucky color is...blue?

BrightWing posted:

Apologies, I'm really not trying to be short and I'm sorry that I am. Just trying to answer the questions thrown my way.

E: whoops didn't mean to post again. Anyway.

I pot for sure. Grade 2 infusions. The others are potting I think. It's hectic. They say they're potting and I trust them. Pot. Drugs.

It's hard to say for sure without seeing the logs (and I'm not the best black mage - I'm solidly mediocre for Guardian), but I find Surecast to be useful for the monk knockback (and it's great in o5s and o8s). Do your melee folks have room for Arm's Length for the knockback?
I also pre-position my leylines for book circles, using Aetherial Manipulation to get to the first one, then using Between the Lines to zip to the 2nd circle, but that may not be actually necessary or desirable, depending on fight timings. Can't help too much with Virus phase if that's an issue for the group - we have 2 casters + a ranged, so I don't know What Goes On In The Corners. I'm assuming that the guardian's pulled to the middle so the ranged folks still have an opportunity to hit the boss?

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

"Tanks are just DPS with aggro skills and higher armor/hp

Healers are DPS that have heals and revives and other buffs

Blame the game's meta since early Heavensward"

From someone saying they hate how all roles need to worry about damage in high end content vs being able to just spam healing/aggro abilities. Wondering what consensus was on here because I find the juggling act healers and tanks have to be very involving.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

HenryEx posted:

Warp to Rhalgr's and collect all the new quest icons on your mini map. That's what i did.

I'm planning on it, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm planning on it, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Kugane will have some stuff too. Just check those to places and you'll get all the 70 stuff.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ChaseSP posted:

"Tanks are just DPS with aggro skills and higher armor/hp

Healers are DPS that have heals and revives and other buffs

Blame the game's meta since early Heavensward"

From someone saying they hate how all roles need to worry about damage in high end content vs being able to just spam healing/aggro abilities. Wondering what consensus was on here because I find the juggling act healers and tanks have to be very involving.

It is very involving! But so is trying to put out actually good DPS as a DPS job vs just pushing buttons in an order that seems correct.

In a nutshell, healers and tanks should try to do as much DPS as they are able to get away with. Their primary roles still come first, so if you as a healer wind up in a party where the tank is undergeared and uses no cooldowns and the DPS love standing in bad, you will probably not wind up with much time to do anything other than spam heals. When everything is going well though, even in high end content, there are usually significant spans of time when no immediate healing is needed. At that point your best option is to fill GCDs by throwing rocks or space lasers at things.

There are a lot of healers (and a significant number of tanks) who seem to resent that there's an expectation that they do more than the absolute minimum implied by their job role. And there's good reason to be understanding of people who are leveling up and still getting used to their job, the fight they are currently running, or both. But, in my opinion at least, a geared out high level healer who refuses to push any button other than ones that makes HP bars go up is doing a disservice to their party.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

If someone tries to take you into Eureka, just say no

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

EponymousMrYar posted:

There's also Shark Alley over on the other side of the map which gets really hectic when typhoon sprites are up. If they so much as think they see you casting they peg you with aero's that do entirely too much damage. Bonus: they have pretty good coverage on the alley.

Shark Alley is less bad because while they're densely packed the hallway isn't overly long so you can usually safely reach them. It helps that the aetheryte is right there so even if you do die miserably someone is less than 15-20 seconds away.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

ChaseSP posted:

Wondering what consensus was on here because I find the juggling act healers and tanks have to be very involving.

I'm terrified to tank, because whenever a swarm of enemies comes out, I never seem to be able to hold aggro on all of them. :smith:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Still waiting for the guy who told me old school MMO were all about camping and grinding you life away for exp to show up again :v:

I'm elvl 4 and farming mobs which gave 10-16 each via chaining before I gave up. I'm conflicted since RDM AF3 is the best but I just ... can't deal with the low exp each time I run Eureka. I mean, it's Maple all over again except there's no way in hell I have that much self-dedication.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I have a solution to your Eureka woes.

Make a combat rotation macro.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Ironically, you can't clear O5N without healers doing DPS because of the ghosts, but the O5S ghosts don't require healers to DPS.

(yeah I guess you could let the healers die in O5N and let a non-BLM caster raise them but ssh)

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm terrified to tank, because whenever a swarm of enemies comes out, I never seem to be able to hold aggro on all of them. :smith:

There's sometimes going to be a couple that get away on huge pulls, just use your ranged pull ability (or Abyssal Drain if you're DRK) and voke/ultimatum. It's only really a problem if someone drops below like 1/4 health.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
My favorite thing about Eureka is: We wont tell you how to do things, its all about being social!

*data miners have all the info figured out hours after the patch is released and has guides up*

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Leal posted:

My favorite thing about Eureka is: We wont tell you how to do things, its all about being social!

*data miners have all the info figured out hours after the patch is released and has guides up*

Except for how many Pazuzu Feather's you need for the weapon and if it's a one-time thing or per weapon.

Haven't seen any of that info yet.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

EponymousMrYar posted:

Except for how many Pazuzu Feather's you need for the weapon and if it's a one-time thing or per weapon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/84lmpj/datamined_confirmation_about_the_final_step_of/

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

EponymousMrYar posted:

People figured out the Pazuzu Feathers day 2 I think? The actual quantity required was kind of unknown until he actually died. But you can basically crank out a relic an hour if weather permits

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Of course it's spoilered so it doesn't show up under any Pazuzu Feather searches :argh: :argh:

Bolow posted:

People figured out the Pazuzu Feathers day 2 I think? The actual quantity required was kind of unknown until he actually died. But you can basically crank out a relic an hour if weather permits

The amount was what I was trying to find out.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

It's 3 per relic, and you get 3 for gold in the Pazuzu FATE

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I haven't really gotten much into the Eureka hellgrind but I do like the idea that getting multiple relics isn't much harder than getting one.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The hardest part about Eureka is hitting numpad 0 5000 loving times

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Bolow posted:

The hardest part about Eureka is hitting numpad 0 5000 loving times

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

vOv posted:

I haven't really gotten much into the Eureka hellgrind but I do like the idea that getting multiple relics isn't much harder than getting one.

just don't as they plan on adjusting lockboxes in 1 week too. I just wanted some nice glams, SE.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Alder posted:

just don't as they plan on adjusting lockboxes in 1 week too. I just wanted some nice glams, SE.

Old lockboxes will be adjusted as well, so any they gather now will get the decreased sparkler rate.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Eopia posted:

Old lockboxes will be adjusted as well, so any they gather now will get the decreased sparkler rate.

Oh loving boy

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

The static I'm in is looking for a BRD/MCH. We're working on Kefka and have been to enrage a few times so we should be starting God Kefka soon. We raid Tues/Wed 8pm-10pm EDT and Fri 9pm-11pm.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

homeless snail posted:

If someone tries to take you into Eureka, just say no

Come take a journey to my forbidden zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Are bards actually in demand? I figured since they got the rework to be mobile that the game would be flush with them.

So I got to level 60 and finished up HW (it owned) as a dragoon, which was a good choice because it fit the story well. But I've never been a melee dps in games and generally enjoy playing healers and ranged dps. This seems like a good time to boost a 60 and continue the story on a class I plan to play at endgame. How are WHM's at leveling and doing solo stuff?