Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Neon Belly posted:

At this point, I'm not sure why they don't just make the courier free and there by default.

Whose courier would it be? If I'm gonna spend $300+ on a Drodo I want to be able to display that every match!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i thought the courier swapped forms based on who was controlling it

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i thought the courier swapped forms based on who was controlling it

Does it? I haven't actually played in like a year. In that case yeah just make it immediately available to everyone.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

it did for like 2 days before they reverted it (this was at least 2 years ago...)

inspire
Nov 24, 2004
Eyyy!
HEY WANGSBIG STREAM MORE YOU STUPID BITCH

THANKS

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Kild posted:

it did for like 2 days before they reverted it (this was at least 2 years ago...)

well then they should redo it and make the courier free

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Didn't it lag a tiny bit everytime the courier transformed?

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

They reverted it because a big part of their business model is selling fancy couriers for people to show off.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

inspire posted:

HEY WANGSBIG STREAM MORE YOU STUPID BITCH

THANKS

we played our bimonthly game of dota last night and the wanghog saw his shadow. 6 more weeks of no dota.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Radical posted:

we played our bimonthly game of dota last night and the wanghog saw his shadow. 6 more weeks of no dota.

think the ban says 6 months

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

always steal the creeps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_38LwPnjRA

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I love that you can click on anything in anyone's inventory and it announces it in chat now. You can click on someone's sacred relic and then the clock and its like you flamed them without typing anything.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Spam ping also falls into the typeless flaming category but that's been around since the beginning

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Well played!
Well played!
Well played!
Well played!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
speaking of well played, there is a subscription service for dota 2 which is the battle pass replacement

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
How better to swindle money out of people than get them to subscribe and then they'll be paying even if they don't play until they remember to unsubscribe

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Four Dollars A Month Of Pure Content

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Dota Plus really does know the best way to play the game....

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
First game of Dota Plus (tm) and my 2-stack (both 4.2k) got matched against a chinese 5-stack with a 90% win rate and a 5k invoker. We got a 3k lich on our team to balance things out. Calling my credit card company now to do a charge-back on this poo poo. I was told this was pay to win? More like Dota Minus!

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Craig K posted:

No Hurricane tho, I hope it gets improved.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Craig K posted:

All the support build lists seem to be complete poo poo right now. Carry build lists are mostly ok with some bad suggestions here and there.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I wonder if there's no sanity checking for how many games someone built those items on Lich. Battlefury has a 70% winrate on Lich, in the 82 games where someone did it.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Also wonder if there are people intentionally running poo poo builds and relying on mechanical skill to gently caress with the system. Thats one of the big problems with publicly advertising machine learning, people love to break stuff.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

From party play it seems stuff like the lane it picks is based on your stats. In a stack of 5 we all got different lanes but the same heroes recommended.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
DOTAIDS

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

wb

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I played a 2 hour game of Dota tonight with Techies on our side and lich/void/tinker on the other side. It was every bit as bad as it sounds. The game gets super loving slow past a certain point because no one will even attempt anything without having buybacks on the whole team. Only one rapier was bought which disappeared like an hour before the game ended.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
Yeah, nobody wins a game like that.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

TOOT BOOT posted:

I played a 2 hour game of Dota tonight with Techies on our side and lich/void/tinker on the other side. It was every bit as bad as it sounds. The game gets super loving slow past a certain point because no one will even attempt anything without having buybacks on the whole team. Only one rapier was bought which disappeared like an hour before the game ended.

i'm a 30something year old man and i will literally abandon a game during picks if someone gets techies

aint nobody got time for that, my minutes are precious

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
u say that and then u play dota

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

u say that and then u play dota

He just prefers a specific kind of dota. It's about cultivating a preference and then ruining games when the taste is off.

I got to play a game with slacks when he soloed into party queue. I said "If you were real slacks you'd slam pick techies and be done with it." So he did and it was wonderful.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 22, 2018

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I really am trying to learn how to techies better so the darkness consumes me but I am poo poo techies and it makes me sad.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

thats an extremely degenerate goal

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I don't like what they did to Techies

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I don't like that they put them in the game, either.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

strong bird posted:

thats an extremely degenerate goal

Exactly

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

dr.acula posted:

I don't like what they did to Techies

I've warmed up to the changes, even if agh gyro laughs at mines. It's nice having suicide not be on a 5 minute cooldown/be easier to gib enemies with.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
I played with a pro techies spammer last night. He predicted on his 5 win streak and now it's on 6! Game wasn't even that long. Lotta blast-off plays.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I don't like the new Techies, they should have completely reworked the hero or just left it alone. It seems like the hero only exists for madmen that play it constantly now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
Techies is my most played character and I have a >50% win rate on him, but this is from old techies when you could still stack mines.

I think new techies is less fun, I badly miss the old version where you could instagib people with red mine stacks.

They should make the red mines like they used to be.