Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

The Kimberley Plan wasn't proposed by the Australian Government, rather John Curtin told them, "Yeah, nah."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
SW Tasmania was also proposed (with some official backing) but one of the main proponents died before it could really get anywhere.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Weatherill has been replaced as SA Labor leader by right faction rising star Peter Malinauskas, looking forward to 4 years of the opposition supporting the gassing of the poor to prove they can be just as tough on crime as the Liberals.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Remember when FruityGordo was doxxed by Andrew Bolt? That was funny.

the funniest part of that saga was her bitterness over (maybe?) losing her job because of violent posts she made with her real name attached

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
That was a thing? Jesus.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Lol do people in this thread actually think open borders would work? Wouldn’t house prices get even more turbofucked?

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
my front door is my border and it is open to the world

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Jonah Galtberg posted:

the funniest part of that saga was her bitterness over (maybe?) losing her job because of violent posts she made with her real name attached

What/when in the actual gently caress was this?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Guys (and girls) I don't think we're going to have a problem with Peter Dutton, given that his only trick seems to be rote repetition of US Republican talking points, at a point in time where the majority of people (other than a handful of repulsive internet shitmen) are overtly rejecting them.

YOU KNOW WHAT WE NEED GUNS (no Peter that's really not a good angle) YES LETS MAGA UP WITH MORE SHOOTBANGS (how about we stick with the boats narrative that always works) NO I STOPPED THE BOATS... WITH GUNS!

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Dude McAwesome posted:

What/when in the actual gently caress was this?

Fruity Gordo got into a flamewar on facebook with some conservatives and made hyperbolic posts about how she would murder them irl if she could get away with it. This was screenshotted and posted on Andrew Bolt's blog with a "So much for the tolerant left" caption and led to her firing.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Yowzers. That’s rough.

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

Uh Israel was a country invented during a post-war treaty process which involved removing the people currently living there and replacing them with people from somewhere else. Did you mean to say mass immigration was bad for palestine? Coz the problem with Israel right now isn't immigration but rather apartheid

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
It would suck working for someone who reads Andrew Bolt

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

SW Tasmania was also proposed (with some official backing) but one of the main proponents died before it could really get anywhere.

Proposing sending holocaust survivors to south-west Tassie is a really subtle way to keep the flame of antisemitism alive.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

asio posted:

Uh Israel was a country invented during a post-war treaty process which involved removing the people currently living there and replacing them with people from somewhere else. Did you mean to say mass immigration was bad for palestine? Coz the problem with Israel right now isn't immigration but rather apartheid

Israel wasn't just created solely by diplomats. It is far more accurately described as a mass migration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliyah

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Amethyst posted:

Fruity Gordo got into a flamewar on facebook with some conservatives and made hyperbolic posts about how she would murder them irl if she could get away with it. This was screenshotted and posted on Andrew Bolt's blog with a "So much for the tolerant left" caption and led to her firing.

I don't remember the part about being fired but the rest is pretty much accurate.

Fruity Gordo Did Nothing Wrong.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
I come for the AusPol chat but I stay for the geopolitical consequences of WW2 chat.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I wish Tasmania was Israel.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

In 7 years the traffic will be as bad as it currently is and all it will have cost is billions of dollars and a massive amount of prime inner city space.

E: Clearly it's a great project that is backed up by evidence based decision making.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
Oh look JBP once again showing off his right wing views, wanting part of Australia to become an ethno state.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Seven years of not getting crushed to death by trucks driving through new suburbia oh no how horrible.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

JBP posted:

Seven years of not getting crushed to death by trucks driving through new suburbia oh no how horrible.

The western distributor would have achieved the same thing for only $700m and much less space.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Periphery posted:

The western distributor would have achieved the same thing for only $700m and much less space.

It'd be cheaper but that's about it.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

This immigration "debate" is the stupidest thing I've read in a while.

Totally open borders are bad because without infrastructure you end up with America's 19th century Irish/Italian slums where immigrants walk straight off the boat into poverty and thus into exploitation.

That said, a large intake quota that gives first priority to refugees fleeing persecution or poverty is something to be proud of.

Locking people up in camps is bad and all that.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

JBP posted:

Tasmania is the promised land, a Zion of plentiful cider and with a comparatively low rate of convict cannibalism and incest!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Melbourne's traffic this week, and for the next month, is hosed. Anywhere near the NW of Melbourne is a crawl because the Hurstbridge line is closed to trains.

And once the traffic is back to normal, we can expect the NE link of city link to start for a decade. Should have put it through Eltham.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I decided to ride in my GFs car down Footscray Rd this morning to avoid the $5 train fare and it took an hour. John Faine was good though so whatever.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Endman posted:

Tasmania is the promised land, a Zion of plentiful cider and with a comparatively low rate of convict cannibalism and incest!

I want to retire to Tas and live in the Huon in one of those bullshit ecohouses that ape a midcentury but don't become a fridge when the sun doesn't shine.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
lol the world will burn down before you get the chance to retire

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

driving an elantra is a poor replacement for a z4

rose of sharon
Mar 21, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
fruity gordo rules and should have diplomatic immunity to threaten whomever she chooses imo

Endman
May 18, 2010

JBP posted:

I want to retire to Tas and live in the Huon in one of those bullshit ecohouses that ape a midcentury but don't become a fridge when the sun doesn't shine.

I can't decide if I like the Coal River Valley or the Huon better, but it's immaterial as house prices have flat-lined everywhere except here where they've grown 14% in the last year. :suicide:

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/mar/22/cardinal-george-pell-court-told-archbishop-robes-could-not-be-easily-removed

quote:

A pastoral associate who worked at St Patrick’s Cathedral in Melbourne when Cardinal George Pell was archbishop has told a court that the archbishop’s robes were heavy and could not be easily lifted or moved while being worn to expose oneself.
Rodney Dearing was cross-examined by Pell’s defence team on Thursday as part of the committal hearing into historical sexual offence charges against Pell. Dearing told the court that he was responsible for hanging up Pell’s robes and he was therefore familiar with the weight and manoeuvrability of them.
Pell’s barrister Ruth Shann put it to Dearing that the robes were “not able to be parted in the middle to reveal ones genitals or indeed parted to the side to reveal ones genitals”.
“No,” Dearing responded.
He cannot possibly have lifted the clothes he was, uh, wearing at the time

quote:

The court heard that two of the choir boys had said they had “snuck back inside” the cathedral building as the procession exited the building. But Shann told Dearing that there was a general awareness at the time Pell was archbishop of Melbourne, from 1996, “of allegations coming out generally about clergy and kids”, which would have “motivated you personally and fellow adult chorists to keep a particularly close eye on the kids”. Dearing agreed.
No kids would have been allowed near the archbishop on account of how rapey we, the church, was known to be

quote:

The defence has been cross-examining former choir boys and staff at the cathedral at the time Pell was archbishop, and suggesting to them that two missing boys would have been noticed due to the strict expectation that choirboys were to follow the rules, the close eye staff kept on the choir and the layout of the building and grounds.
On Thursday morning Peter Finnigan, who used to manage the choir, told the defence team that while he did not recall two boys going missing at any stage, “it would certainly be possible”.
“But they would certainly be very naughty boys if they did,” he said.
Get hosed, is this a joke to you?

rose of sharon
Mar 21, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

JBP posted:

if there was an israel in the tarkine i would move there immediately, no questions asked

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

you don't have to part the robe the naughty child climbs under

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Punishment: Public Crucifixion.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Unpaid interns.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

hooman posted:

Unpaid interns.

No they paid a pretty penny to have the chance to sniff at writing these lovely headlines.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://boontavista.com/merchandise/

get on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

He didn't just die, he froze to death while exploring possible places in the South West.

• Locked thread