Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

That's okay that first "yes" has me feelin better abt my preorder - for some reason I really really like having a dog friend in open world games, makes them feel less lonely without having to hinge on someone writing non-bad dialogue for a talking companion

Unless the dog talks in which case he can say whatever the gently caress he wants

Far Cry 5 - No knife, yes dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

You get a pet cat too.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

black.lion posted:

I mean okay I will I GUESS

But to ask my question more directly:

I get videogame dog? Yes?

I've deliberately been avoiding info about this game - do I get a dog or not? Do I get a bear?! Can I ride the bear?? CAN MY DOG RIDE THE BEAR?!?!

Not just a bear, but a diabetic bear. It's so American I bet his turds are Red, White, and Blue.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bears are just big dogs.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Can I let the dog fly my plane?

Even better:

BEAR FORCE ONE

Orv
May 4, 2011
I just want the inevitable drug mission to introduce me to another cool band.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Orv posted:

I just want the inevitable drug mission to introduce me to another cool band.

there seems to be several of those.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It would figure.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Timothy Treadwell posted:

Bears are just big dogs.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A) That was horrifying
b) ur a dick.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Won't work for preordering, but:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/865j3w/20_off_one_transaction_made_at_playstation_store/

Non-reddit, direct link: https://live.playstation.com/

Log in with PSN account, scroll to bottom quest, click video, and it'll pop up a thing to claim reward at the very end. Apparently the 10 digit code it gives you works at the end of the shopping cart.

Basically watch a stupid 3 minute video and get a 20% off one PS Store transaction good through the end of the month.

I'm hoping it'll work on the Season Pass.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Ubisoft games never get mods, right? I'm already interested in something that would remove the limits on the number of followers, so I can travel with an entire zoo.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
If they're bringing back some of the stealth and realism, this would be a good time to bring back disease management.

It's an isolated cult , so right off the bat you're talking untreated diabetes , high blood pressure and heart / kidney disease. Then you have the anti-vaccination crowd, and all the horrific dental problems caused by eating a modern, high sugar diet while believing that fluoride and tooth paste are from Satan.

That isn't even getting into the complications suffered by the quiver-full idiots trying to have 12+ children without benefit of modern medical care, and the most hardcore of them try to raise all those malnourished kids without any real assistance , because they refuse to register birth certificates and think social security numbers are a satanic conspiracy.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Far Cry 5 doesn't have knives because being blunt with anti-vaxxers is the only way to get through to them

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Turtlicious posted:

A) That was horrifying
b) ur a dick.

I'm sorry my man. He was a bit of a deluded idiot though. Watch Grizzly Man, it's fantastic.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
I'm kinda bummed that they'd outright remove the minimap. I guess I'll see how it plays without one but it seems to me they could have just had that as an toggle option rather than taking it away from everyone.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Didn't know about the map, they could've done it like in FC2 where the character takes out an actual map stuck to a board.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

another reason 2 is still the best

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Xander77 posted:

Ubisoft games never get mods, right? I'm already interested in something that would remove the limits on the number of followers, so I can travel with an entire zoo.

Far Cry games can be modded to a certain extent, something like what you suggest could probably get done.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yeah there was a really good mod for FC4 that turned it into a prehistoric Beast Master kind of thing

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

mobby_6kl posted:

Didn't know about the map, they could've done it like in FC2 where the character takes out an actual map stuck to a board.

Angling my character’s head so I could glance down with my eyes IRL to see the map while driving was awesome. And sometimes you had to just look down entirely and hope a zebra didn’t run across the road.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I would love them to bring back the FC2 map for FC5. Maybe replace the GPS unit with an iPhone or something.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Earwicker posted:

yeah there was a really good mod for FC4 that turned it into a prehistoric Beast Master kind of thing

link?

edit: i just got it, fml

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I saw a promo for a TV special about the Waco siege and it made me think: between Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Rainbow Six: Patriots (cancelled), Rainbow Six: Siege (all the terrorist hunt enemies are obviously American), The Division, Far Cry 5, and probably The Division 2, does anyone else find it really sketchy how Ubisoft keeps developing and releasing games where you play as a United States federal agent who kills United States citizens en masse?

I'm not entirely sure if it actually amounts to anything but... it's kind of an ominous trend.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I saw a promo for a TV special about the Waco siege and it made me think: between Rainbow Six: Patriots (cancelled), Rainbow Six: Siege (all the terrorist hunt enemies are obviously American), The Division, Far Cry 5, and probably The Division 2, does anyone else find it really sketchy how Ubisoft keeps developing and releasing games where you play as a United States federal agent who kills United States citizens en masse?

I'm not entirely sure if it actually amounts to anything but... it's kind of an ominous trend.

You uh, get the news, yeah?

Pithy answers mostly aside, no, not really.

Orv fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Mar 23, 2018

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Angling my character’s head so I could glance down with my eyes IRL to see the map while driving was awesome. And sometimes you had to just look down entirely and hope a zebra didn’t run across the road.

It was a neat touch that you could block the morning sun with the map and light rays would shine through gaps. And also that there's a injury animation for not paying attention to the road and plowing your jeep into something. :v:

Orv posted:

You uh, get the news, yeah?

Pithy answers mostly aside, no, not really.

They concern troll, swerve hard.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh, didn't even see who it was. Nevermind.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I saw a promo for a TV special about the Waco siege and it made me think: between Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Rainbow Six: Patriots (cancelled), Rainbow Six: Siege (all the terrorist hunt enemies are obviously American), The Division, Far Cry 5, and probably The Division 2, does anyone else find it really sketchy how Ubisoft keeps developing and releasing games where you play as a United States federal agent who kills United States citizens en masse?

video games that involve killing US citizens en masse are cool and good. something all developers should strive for imo

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Lumpy the Cook posted:

More like most of those are Tom Clancy games.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Ubisoft keeps developing and releasing games where you play as a United States federal agent who kills United States citizens en masse?

They can't set it anywhere else because there wouldn't be enough gun violence

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

even though Ubisoft's Assassins Creed: Origins takes place in ancient Egypt I like to pretend that I am slitting the throats of the Founding Fathers and crushing the skulls of Individual Liberty and Freedom

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

ehh. they got poo poo on by people for setting it in other countries so who cares. shooting branch davidian ISIS is cool in my book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWS3yBWzgy8

here is the first 20 min. looks cool.

Earwicker posted:

even though Ubisoft's Assassins Creed: Origins takes place in ancient Egypt I like to pretend that I am slitting the throats of the Founding Fathers and crushing the skulls of Individual Liberty and Freedom

amen to that.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

As a French company Ubisoft is trying to make amends for France's complicitly in the creation of the United States. :cryingeurocoin:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I understand what you're getting at, but I love my government. I love my police, our law enforcement.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The Division is pretty up front with the concept of the titular Division being maaaaybe not the best idea and it’s a good thing that directive 51 is (probably) not something to set that up IRL.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The Division is pretty up front with the concept of the titular Division being maaaaybe not the best idea and it’s a good thing that directive 51 is (probably) not something to set that up IRL.

its really boring in reality, basically its about emergency org charts in "of gently caress everyone is dying or on fire" situations. like if DC got obliterated and most of the leadership was dead, who would take over and how would a contingency be run. and yeah the game makes it clear that most of the damage in the game is being done by rogue division types who realizes "holy poo poo, this broken system gives me tons of power, gently caress everyone" type poo poo.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

ehh. they got poo poo on by people for setting it in other countries so who cares. shooting branch davidian ISIS is cool in my book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWS3yBWzgy8
Ahaha, it's a multi-ethnic extreme right-wing Christian terrorist organization. With women as fighters. JFC.

Seriously, are you expecting some compound dwelling prepper scum to go "well, I guess they don't mean us then"?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
^^^^ Of course, they need to put on the illusion of saying something so they can get away with not actually saying anything :v:

I got the game from my local street date breaking store because I am not currently over tired of the Ubisoft formula. Played up to the point where you get off the lake island in the start. Other than a rail shooting segment in the intro that is kinda frustrating and makes me wish I was playing with a mouse, it is pretty fun.

If nothing else, they nailed the mission where you get the Dog.

It is literally:

- Release the Dog
- Pet the dog

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Xander77 posted:

Ahaha, it's a multi-ethnic extreme right-wing Christian terrorist organization. With women as fighters. JFC.

Seriously, are you expecting some compound dwelling prepper scum to go "well, I guess they don't mean us then"?

they were always going for more of branch davidian type thing(who were also right wing and multi ethnic).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Any idea what time of day the preload on Steam will go active?

Looking forward to setting my dog on multi-ethnic christian separatists!