Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
It's SEXUAL ANARCHY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Generally one of the unspoken rules is "Dont' give me Chlamydia".

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
So this is a good honeypot for IOSM

https://imgur.com/gallery/PdkEI

OH BOY. One of the comments was "Maybe that guy was just an rear end in a top hat" instantly replied by "Why is it when it's a man everyone assumes he's an rear end in a top hat T_T"

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

By loving someone on the side without the knowledge and consent of your partner.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

By loving someone on the side without the knowledge and consent of your partner.

Touché. Point taken.

Ularg posted:

OH BOY. One of the comments was "Maybe that guy was just an rear end in a top hat" instantly replied by "Why is it when it's a man everyone assumes he's an rear end in a top hat T_T"

Because with great experience with the male gender, I have concluded we're all assholes.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Katt posted:

It's going to take a few more Democratic congressmen before we can just hand in full grown kids to planned parenthood for termination. Until then parents will have to find ways to keep them busy.
I never said we should terminate fully grown kids, I'm in favor of a hard cut-off date for abortion after the twelfth trimester.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

I never said we should terminate fully grown kids, I'm in favor of a hard cut-off date for abortion after the twelfth trimester.

Of undergrad.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Basically anybody who is more than 10 years younger or older than me shouldn't exist

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Kill everyone, let the universe try again imo.

(Start with the men.)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

il_cornuto posted:

Basically anybody who is more than 10 years younger or older than me shouldn't exist

I'm just saying, if you can't form a full sentence how is your life more worthy than the cow I just ate. Basically I view Jonathan Swift as an aspirational writer instead of a satirist.

You
Oct 6, 2009

il_cornuto posted:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

T-man posted:

Kill everyone, let the universe try again imo.

(Start with the men.)

Kill all humans, let the apes and dolphins try again

Tip Shades
Oct 28, 2016
Logan's Run except the indicator in your palm goes off as soon as you hit puberty.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tip Shades posted:

Logan's Run except the indicator in your palm goes off as soon as you hit puberty.

I already had something going off in my palm during puberty

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Trig Discipline posted:

:popeye:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Trig Discipline posted:

But enough about their mother

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Kill all humans, let the apes and dolphins try again

THE FUTURE IS HERE AND EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE DESTROYED.

DON'T FALL BEHIND THE TIMES.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
There's already a dystopian YA series about this, because of course there is.

quote:

Unwind is a 2007 science fiction novel by young adult literature author Neal Shusterman. It takes place in the United States, after a civil war somewhere in the near future. After a civil war, known as the Second Civil War or the Heartland War, was fought over abortion, a compromise was reached, allowing parents to sign an order for their children between the ages of 13 and 18 to be unwound—taken to "harvest camps" and having their body parts harvested for later use. The reasoning was that since 99.44% of the body had to be used (the other 0.56% are vestigial organs), unwinds did not technically die because their individual body parts lived on. In addition to unwinding, parents who are unable to raise their children to age 13 for retroactive abortion have the option to "stork" their child by leaving it on another family's porch. If they don't get caught, the "storked" baby then becomes the other family's responsibility.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Gosh you can just tell how the author came up with that idea while stoned/drunk/masturbating and instantly thought it was the greatest ever, then went on to write a book whose entire premise, plot and characterisation relies on it to the exclusion of all else

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I actually read this book. The three main characters are a troubled teen whose parents hate him so they decide gently caress it, an orphan girl in the system who is talented in music I think but gets like an A on her recital instead of an A+ so there's no room for her in the orphanage program anymore, and (my favourite) a kid with religious parents who is a "tithe" and was specifically conceived as the 10th child in his family to be an offering up to God using the 10% tithe rule.

It does involve a scene where a boy forcibly gets "unwound" and he is conscious as his body is taken apart piece by piece by smiling doctors and nurses. It's a lot like that scene from Looper where the dude gradually gets more disfigured and it actually really hosed me up.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Asiina posted:

What the flying gently caress

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Fuuuuuuuck I hated that book. It's the most smug, "truth is in the middle" answer to the abortion debate possible that totally ignores the people who have to loving carry and birth the child as usual. Both sides are just soooo extreme. They need to find a way to make peace or well end up with some terrible future... And the author is not pro-choice or pro -life! He just wrote a whole book where society literally kills children for parts that ends with validation of the concept of the soul.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Len posted:

There would be giggling and horseplay in an attempt to make the other lose their money too.
That's the real issue with it. Hours of peace? More like 30 seconds at most.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I dunno, I’ve managed to wring 20 minutes out of “first one to talk loses” with a pair of kids, plus a rematch.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I feel like that summary sorta glosses over how the abortion compromise is that nobody gets abortions, and instead you get to scrap your kids for parts only if they're in their teens. Maybe it was written in a time where people thought Trumpcare was going to be a thing, but I have a feeling it's just the dumbest possible take.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

This is art.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Wow, what a plot twist!

Wait, how do you cheat in an open relationship?

It wasn't an open relationship.

Skwirl posted:

That's sort of unfair. You don't really have any indication of what the kid will turn out like until the late teens.

We should extend abortion options until at least the 81st trimester.

Katt has a new favorite as of 07:43 on Mar 22, 2018

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Can I abort myself? :smith:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

T-man posted:

Can I abort myself? :smith:

It's the only activity where you can be arrested for the attempt but not the success (well, that and roof building).

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Oh man, I just laughed so loud at this that I think I startled my neighbors.

Len posted:

But enough about their mother

Is it ever really enough though?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
There was also a Canadian tv show 2030CE where no one lived past the age of 30.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2030_CE

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Trig Discipline posted:

Is it ever really enough though?

Not for your mother.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
...at least not from you.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ilmucche posted:

There was also a Canadian tv show 2030CE where no one lived past the age of 30.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2030_CE

Reminds me of a New Zealand TV show I saw a few episodes of called The Tribe. It was all about this dystopian society of teenagers that resulted from all the adults dying.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

and also turns out JK rowling is a terf

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Ambitious Spider posted:

and also turns out JK rowling is a terf

A year from now she's going to tweet that Hermione was trans but it was not relevant to the story and so was never fleshed out.

Does anyone have that tweet where he talks about being an alpha and someone links that picture of him in a fedora with cat ears?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
What the hell is a 'terf '? Is that British slang I am not aware of?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Saw a tweet that summed up Rowling really well...she wants all the praise for her works promoting inclusivity without having to actually expend the effort of doing so. She keeps giving these post-facto updates on the Harry Potter lore ("I always saw Dumbledore as gay", "at least one Hogwarts student was Jewish", etc) but not actually writing it into the body of her work.

For the longest time I wasn't sure if she just didn't know how to go about writing a diverse cast or what...but it really seems like she hears a complaint about "not enough representation for X group in media" and then just decides that a background extra Ravenclaw totally checks that box.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

enigmahfc posted:

What the hell is a 'terf '? Is that British slang I am not aware of?

TERF: trans-exclusionary radical feminist

SWERF: Sex worker exclusionary radical feminist

You see this a lot from people who lean a bit more politically conservative but still want the benefits of social progress movements. They'll champion women's rights all the live long day, but still want to virulently discriminate against trans women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Katt posted:

A year from now she's going to tweet that Hermione was trans but it was not relevant to the story and so was never fleshed out.

Someone is furiously masturbating to this idea right now.