Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seb new car is named Gloria. She is beatifull and i hope she wins many races

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=355Fk8drgZE

#forzaferrari

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

BAMTech supplies the streaming software itself, not the network that it runs on. Good streaming software runs better on a lovely network than bad software, but it's still a lovely network. BAMTech itself is a customer of another company to deliver their streams ultimately.

Legitimately shocked that Disney doesn’t own six or seven CDNs

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

ilmucche posted:

I like the idea of having no commentary for a lap or two, it could be cool if it's engine and crowd noise (if there is any). Shame it'll be spoiled with dubstep or something.

"We'll now pause for the iHeartRadio action sequence"

you are a dancing queeeeeeen young and sweet only seventeeeeeeen

BOOOOOW chakachaka WEEEEEEEE whomp whomp BOOOOOOOW wha-wha-wha-wha-WHOOOOOMP

This list of car names created by a true man's man, without question. Is this year Gloria or Loria? His fan page seemed to think the latter.

2018 | Ferrari SF71H | Loria
2017 | Ferrari SF70-H | Gina
2016 | Ferrari SF16- H | Margherita
2015 | Ferrari SF15-T | Eva
2014 | Red Bull RB10 | Suzie
2013 | Red Bull RB9 | Hungry Heidi
2012 | Red Bull RB8 | Abbey
2011 | Red Bull RB7 | Kinky Kylie
2010 | Red Bull RB6 | Luscious Liz, Randy Mandy
2009 | Red Bull RB5 | Kate, Kate’s Dirty Sister
2008 | Toro Rosso STR3 | Julie

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

Seb new car is named Gloria. She is beatifull and i hope she wins many races

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=355Fk8drgZE

#forzaferrari

I hope it's upside down in the gravel at turns 3/4 so I can watch and laugh.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

CratSock posted:

This list of car names created by a true man's man, without question. Is this year Gloria or Loria? His fan page seemed to think the latter.

2018 | Ferrari SF71H | Loria
2017 | Ferrari SF70-H | Gina
2016 | Ferrari SF16- H | Margherita
2015 | Ferrari SF15-T | Eva
2014 | Red Bull RB10 | Suzie
2013 | Red Bull RB9 | Hungry Heidi
2012 | Red Bull RB8 | Abbey
2011 | Red Bull RB7 | Kinky Kylie
2010 | Red Bull RB6 | Luscious Liz, Randy Mandy
2009 | Red Bull RB5 | Kate, Kate’s Dirty Sister
2008 | Toro Rosso STR3 | Julie

Ugh, cringey as poo poo. If I had to guess which F1 driver was a loving redditor...

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Theophany posted:

Ugh, cringey as poo poo. If I had to guess which F1 driver was a loving redditor...

Reddit owns and isnt a dying forum run by a man with no spine

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

learnincurve posted:

:haw:

[vid 1]

Edit. Second video

[vid 2]

Two metaphors, one for the whining in the thread (name your own poster), the other for Kimi attempting to take Wool Championship points off Seb.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Theophany posted:

Ricciardo..?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

Reddit owns and isnt a dying forum run by a man with no spine

I can't comprehend a posting gimmick that would defend reddit. You have broken me.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

ilmucche posted:

Ricciardo..?

I'm pretty sure Ricciardo's first comment on the podium was "I'm tripping balls right now"

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Theophany posted:

I can't wait till he goes full cringemaster and names one "Horny Henrietta" or "Sally the Slut" or "Anal Annie Gagsalot". He really doesn't have far to go. Honestly.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Vorsprung Dick Technic

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Alonso should name is car Breaking Bonnie or Exploding Evelyn

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The name for the kart chassis is "The Soviet tank" everyone just calls it that.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

McLaren have made their sidepod inlets even smaller this weekend, so uh, that’s pretty bold.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Theophany posted:

I can't comprehend a posting gimmick that would defend reddit. You have broken me.

i don't use reddit but it's amazing how bitter goons are about it for some reason

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

track day bro! posted:

i don't use reddit but it's amazing how bitter goons are about it for some reason

I went on the F1 subreddit once and it was really weird. Loads of teenagers all posting gif threads and not actually watching the races - more like a spin off for the video game thing. I would imagine this e-sports thing has made it even worse.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The Kimoa Kid posted:

McLaren have made their sidepod inlets even smaller this weekend, so uh, that’s pretty bold.

Added some cooling inlets (not only outlet slits) to the engine cover also.

I was amazed yesterday when I saw a pic from Melbourne of a pit crew member sitting inside the Ferrari while (I guess) it was rolled into the pits with what seemed like an old school MOMO-steering wheel. Never realized they actually have "simple steering wheels" for the pit crew instead of handing them the 25.000 dollar super-complex wheels the car is actually driven with.

Wonder if he makes "broom broom" noises while sitting in there, too.

tuo fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 22, 2018

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Seb’s cars should always be named Ariel, obviously

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/InsideFOM/status/976774233312423937

https://twitter.com/InsideFOM/status/976543647205347330

These look...cool!?

Also that twitter account is totally Liberty and Sebs new car is Loria. The gloria name is some kind of fake news? i dont know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kITWJPBhiew

HYPE!

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 22, 2018

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

DoctorGonzo posted:

https://twitter.com/InsideFOM/status/976774233312423937

https://twitter.com/InsideFOM/status/976543647205347330

These look...cool!?

Also that twitter account is totally Liberty and Sebs new car is Loria. The gloria name is some kind of fake news? i dont know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kITWJPBhiew

HYPE!

These could actually be useful, and really interesting to see. Now how will Liberty gently caress up the concept?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

God I hope f1 tv let's you select which graphic to show

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Well I think the overheating they had in testing was the battery issue all the Renaults had and a little mistake in the garage that wasn't to do with the engine. The works Renault and Red Bull have pretty small radiator inlets too.

Alonso had said what we all know, that the McLaren won't be great in Melbourne but he's confident he'll be able to get it into good positions as the season develops.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

It's full of terrible people. Not that this place is much better, but hot drat there is some inexcusable trash on there.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NtotheTC posted:

God I hope f1 tv let's you select which graphic to show

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Less than 12 hours before cars hit the track. I'm looking forward to kids in absurdly priced miniature Ferrari gear crying because of the Italian fraud team with two bad drivers

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Looking forward to another epic scud victory.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
What in the hell did Seb do to his hair? Is he trying to imitate Hamilton?!?!?

Super excited for day 1 of the new season

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Looking forward to another epic scud victory.

Same op.

Also what does this article says?
https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-si-estrae-piu-aria-calda-dallo-sfogo-delle-fiancate-1017382/

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I'm going to infer from the "it." subdomain that it says "Ferrari are the best team in the world, all the other teams cheated by turning up and having more talent. Has anyone seen my sunglasses? I need them for an indoor press conference. Bring back Burlesconi!"

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Here you go:

quote:

Melbourne è una pista con una velocità media piuttosto bassa, per cui è necessario allargare gli sfoghi al fondo delle pance per assicurare il necessario raffreddamento al motore. Si nota anche lo scivolo che dà inizio al canale nel fondo.
La Ferrari ha leggermente aperto lo sfogo delle fiancate in coda per facilitare l'estrazione dell'aria calda dai radiatori che quest'anno non soo più impaccati a V come sulla SF70H.

Nel retrotreno è stata scelta una configurazione della carrozzeria che è più adatta ad una pista che non ha un'elevata velocità media per cui è necessario preservare l'affidabilità della power unit che deve durare sette GP, rinunciando a un po' di efficienza aerodinamica.

Vuoi ricevere per email le notizie di motorsport
Iscriviti alla nostra newsletter!
Motorsport insider

Inserisci qui la tua mail
L'immagine inoltre mette bene in evidenza dove inizia lo "scalino" nel fondo ai lati della trasmissione che permette alla SF71H di creare una sorta di canale di espansione. Questa parte innovativa della monoposto non ha dato risultati eclatanti nei test invernali, rendendo la macchina un po' instabile nel bilanciamento.

E' l'effetto dell'allungamento del sensibile allungamento del passo della Rossa che necessita di trovare la giusta messa a punto in pista, visto che al CFD e in galleria i dati sarebbero molto buoni. Ci vorrà solo un po' di pazienza...

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

this is what it was translated to in browser:

Melbourne is a track with a rather low average speed, so it is necessary to expand the outlets to the bottom of the bellies to ensure the necessary cooling to the engine. Note also the slide that starts the channel in the bottom.
The Ferrari has slightly opened the vent of the sides in the tail to facilitate the extraction of hot air from the radiators that this year I'm not more packed to V as on the SF70H.

In the rear axle a body configuration has been chosen that is more suited to a track that does not have a high average speed so it is necessary to preserve the reliability of the power unit that must last seven GPs, giving up a little 'aerodynamic efficiency.

The image also highlights where the "step" in the bottom of the transmission begins, which allows the SF71H to create a sort of expansion channel. This innovative part of the car did not give outstanding results in the winter tests, making the car a little unstable in balancing.

It is the effect of the lengthening of the sensible lengthening of the Red Pass that needs to find the right tuning on the track, given that the data would be very good at the CFD and in the tunnel. It will only take a little patience ...

for the record GOOD TIMES ON METH answer was better

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I thought we'd gotten rid of this useless arse, but no, he's still around:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So
The sf70h has a weaker engine who consume more fuel
The cfd data still need on track validation

Goddammit

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

DoctorGonzo posted:

So

Goddammit

They should hire Ducati to make their engines.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

DoctorGonzo posted:

So

Goddammit

Imagine what happens when they run the SF71H....it'll be a completo on the owning front

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

1500quidporsche posted:

They should hire Ducati to make their engines.

Not sure Audi would be super happy about that.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

enri posted:

I thought we'd gotten rid of this useless arse, but no, he's still around:

He'll always find a way to crash in

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
9h15 until everyone’s hopes and dreams die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
formula 1 is poo poo and i've never liked it #ForzaFerrari