Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Well gently caress, there goes my impetus to ever get working on my Guard army, looks like it'll be Knights all the way when that Castellean comes out.

May just have to houserule with opponents that they actually have the Renegade Knights faction so I can still ally in my Heretorks (or commit myself to never using Matched Play rules).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Neurolimal posted:

I think he just wanted to see a model along with the announcement. I understand the gnashing since it's been a criminally long time since new sisters, but These Things Take Time and GW being lead by someone not-obsessed with increasingly larger broken models is still a new occurence.

Speaking of, I wonder if the four-gun knight will have a conversion kit for existing knights, not that gluing cannons to their hull would be very hard.

The new Knight is significantly taller than the current ones. It's not just another sprue for that kit.

Zark the Damned posted:

Well gently caress, there goes my impetus to ever get working on my Guard army, looks like it'll be Knights all the way when that Castellean comes out.

May just have to houserule with opponents that they actually have the Renegade Knights faction so I can still ally in my Heretorks (or commit myself to never using Matched Play rules).

My hope is that Renegade Knights get rules of some kind, but having two basically identical books for the same models is not a good route - Marines are bad enough.

Would be a good opportunity for Dark Mechanicum though...

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Anyone have any suggestions for sources of Chaos Cultists with a bit more variation? I want to run them for Necromunda (once White Dwarf prints the rules), but the only thing I'm finding is the five static poses with specific weapons kits.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Corrode posted:

My hope is that Renegade Knights get rules of some kind, but having two basically identical books for the same models is not a good route - Marines are bad enough.

Would be a good opportunity for Dark Mechanicum though...

They don't need another book, just a rule somewhere in there that says 'to run these as Renegade Knights, change the Imperial Keyword to Chaos and the Knight keyword to Renegade Knight'. (or whatever the actual keywords are, Traitor Questoris or something like that?)

Liquid Communism posted:

Anyone have any suggestions for sources of Chaos Cultists with a bit more variation? I want to run them for Necromunda (once White Dwarf prints the rules), but the only thing I'm finding is the five static poses with specific weapons kits.

Warhammer Flagellants with spare guns and things if you want a dishevelled look. Maybe the Tzeentch Kairic Acolytes if you like the look of those better.

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Mar 22, 2018

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That new Knight is a sexy boy.

Neurolimal posted:

Considering it's their actual body and not armor I could totally see lords emulating their pre-tricked into becoming robot skeletons body. Just more personalization to their frames, like spider legs and mono-eyes.

If I was into necron I'd totally make a pimped out necron lord; four arms, spider legs, chest, doctor octopus tentacles, the whole kit-and-kaboodle.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Mar 22, 2018

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Zark the Damned posted:

They don't need another book, just a rule somewhere in there that says 'to run these as Renegade Knights, change the Imperial Keyword to Chaos and the Knight keyword to Renegade Knight'. (or whatever the actual keywords are, Traitor Questoris or something like that?)

Yeah that would make most sense, do it like GSC with Brood Brothers. I'm dubious whether GW will do that in CODEX: IMPERIAL KNIGHTS but fingers crossed.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I just want to see rules for Knights that follow the true leader of Mankind and not the pitiful followers of the dragon what He conquered 12000 years ago.

Because: gently caress the Cog boys, I want Imperial Knights.

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer

Soviet Commubot posted:

Fixed.

If it's plastic Sisters I will sell my 200+ Cadians and 15+ vehicles to buy them, I don't care.

:toxx:

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Liquid Communism posted:

Theres always genestealer cults with headswaps and the votive poo poo swapped out.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Schadenboner posted:

I just want to see rules for Knights that follow the true leader of Mankind and not the pitiful followers of the dragon what He conquered 12000 years ago.

Because: gently caress the Cog boys, I want Imperial Knights.

I, too, want to see a Martian schism that further fractures the Imperium. Additionally, please break that dragon out of its non-Euclidean prison so it can run wild and I can paint its awesome model.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Liquid Communism posted:

Northstar have plastic cultist looking duders. Only five types of body but plenty of customisation for them, between the heads and weapons. They also sell a pack of bits for them with guns.

Here and here respectively.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

PierreTheMime posted:

I, too, want to see a Martian schism that further fractures the Imperium. Additionally, please break that dragon out of its non-Euclidean prison so it can run wild and I can paint its awesome model.

The 30k thread is over there. Watch out though, they're toxic.

Imperial Knight households are a thing and always (?) have been, I just want to see <QUESTOR IMPERIALIS> as fieldable as <QUESTOR MECHANICUS>.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Schadenboner posted:

The 30k thread is over there. Watch out though, they're toxic.

Imperial Knight households are a thing and always (?) have been, I just want to see <QUESTOR IMPERIALIS> as fieldable as <QUESTOR MECHANICUS>.

You know they already got the good stratagem from Mechanicum right? If anything Imperial Knights makes the Mechanicum ones the poor relations, since there'll be a full codex apparently with traits and stratagems etc. whereas the Knights are an afterthought in the Ad Mech book.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Liquid Communism posted:

Forgeworld has Renegade Militia conversion packs for Horus Heresy. They're just torsos meant to go with the Cadian plastic kits, but I'd imagine with enough work any humanoid arms and legs will fit with 'em. There's also weapon and accessory packs for em as well.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
quote is not edit

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Liquid Communism posted:

victoria miniatures has very nice looking guard alikes including beastmen, male and female versions of various types of guard, and even mind flayer looking heads, as well as bits for them.

victoriaminiatures.com

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Corrode posted:

You know they already got the good stratagem from Mechanicum right? If anything Imperial Knights makes the Mechanicum ones the poor relations, since there'll be a full codex apparently with traits and stratagems etc. whereas the Knights are an afterthought in the Ad Mech book.

Almost as if treating them as the Cog Boy's big bitches was a bad thing? :monocle:

#DownWithToasterWorshipers

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Neurolimal posted:

Considering it's their actual body and not armor I could totally see lords emulating their pre-tricked into becoming robot skeletons body. Just more personalization to their frames, like spider legs and mono-eyes.

If I was into necron I'd totally make a pimped out necron lord; four arms, spider legs, chest, doctor octopus tentacles, the whole kit-and-kaboodle.

These are not that.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Games Workshop is amazing. I got super hyped watching that Sisters of Battle video and basically went, "Yeah, finally! ...Wait, I've only been playing this game for four months, why am I so invested?" Definitely a different company than pre-8th edition.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Frobbe posted:

These are not that.

No cyber-nips on the robo-tiddies? Hard pass.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I've been investing in shares using the money I have saved on not buying new sisters of battle for the last twenty years.

GW, it's time to fuckin collect.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Pendent posted:

I'd guess Fulgrim but that's just coming from a general sense that we're going to start seeing a bunch of Slaanesh stuff really soon.

Neurolimal posted:

If it helps you feel better, EC are all but confirmed to be the next Chaos Marines codex, likely to coincide with the heavily foreshadowed return of Slaanesh in Age of Sigmar (since WHFB and 40K usually share daemons).

Why do people think there's Slaanesh stuff coming out? I'd have thought the Morathai releases was more of an indication Slaanesh is stuffed, at least in AoS. Considering they're doing a lot more to have daemon releases across both ranges, this puts Slaanesh to the back of the queue.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Schadenboner posted:

No cyber-nips on the robo-tiddies? Hard pass.

Why do you hate me so?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

I've been investing in shares using the money I have saved on not buying new sisters of battle for the last twenty years.

GW, it's time to fuckin collect.

Share market crashing, plastic sisters value sky high!

Lupercalcalcal
Jan 28, 2016

Suck a dick, dumb shits
So, we've been running a narrative campaign here in Nottingham, and our first month of games has wrapped up. The setup is that the Ad Mech along with a couple of space marine chapters and some assorted folks have seceded from the Imperium, and are being chased down by an angry Purity Crusade. To celebrate our first month wrapped up, I wrote some copies of Regimental Standard for the two factions. I lifted a little content for one of them, but otherwise it's all my own work. Thought some of your might get a kick out of it.

True Imperium Regimental Standard Month 1

Purity Crusade Regimental Standard Month 1

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Lupercalcalcal posted:

So, we've been running a narrative campaign here in Nottingham, and our first month of games has wrapped up. The setup is that the Ad Mech along with a couple of space marine chapters and some assorted folks have seceded from the Imperium, and are being chased down by an angry Purity Crusade. To celebrate our first month wrapped up, I wrote some copies of Regimental Standard for the two factions. I lifted a little content for one of them, but otherwise it's all my own work. Thought some of your might get a kick out of it.

True Imperium Regimental Standard Month 1

Purity Crusade Regimental Standard Month 1

These are great. Please post more.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Somebody a couple pages back said GW teased they’re working on CSMs. Can somebody link this? I can’t find it

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Hixson posted:

Somebody a couple pages back said GW teased they’re working on CSMs. Can somebody link this? I can’t find it

It was apparently just a throwaway comment after the main presentation, so there's not much to go on.

Lupercalcalcal
Jan 28, 2016

Suck a dick, dumb shits

Chiwie posted:

These are great. Please post more.

I'll do another lot when the next lot of games is done. We've got six months of campaign sketched out so there'll be (in theory) five more sets.

Glad you liked them. To put some of it in context the cartographic error was after a catastrophic defeat of the Custodes at the hands of the Dark Eldar, and the Imperial Fists are a tiny supplementary force for the Grey Knights. Who obviously don't exist.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Hixson posted:

Corrode posted:

It was apparently just a throwaway comment after the main presentation, so there's not much to go on.

Before Adepticon there were some recent rumours recently about new Abaddon and Chosen models later this year. Plus there's been lots of whispers about EC, including this artwork from a known GW artist:

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

Corrode posted:

The new Knight is significantly taller than the current ones. It's not just another sprue for that kit.

Is it though? It looks to be a very similar framework with a slightly altered back for the exhausts. It just has different armor plating to support the new weapons. My guess is that it will be the same height as a typical Knight, just bulked out.

This, opposed to the Cerastus models which are definitely taller.

Liquid Communism posted:

If you are down for conversions, Kairic Acolytes from AOS make for some really nice and varied cultists. I'm currently just throwing pistols on mine from the Genestealer cult hands, but I've seen some conversions holding rifles and other weapons.

jadebullet fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Mar 22, 2018

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

jadebullet posted:

If you are down for conversions, Kairic Acolytes from AOS make for some really nice and varied cultists. I'm currently just throwing pistols on mine from the Genestealer cult hands, but I've seen some conversions holding rifles and other weapons.

Conversions are like, all I do.

I'm thinking Victoria's prison legion guys are the thing though, run the cult as a few ragged outlanders and a bunch of their buddies they broke from jail. :v:

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

glitchkrieg posted:

Why do people think there's Slaanesh stuff coming out? I'd have thought the Morathai releases was more of an indication Slaanesh is stuffed, at least in AoS. Considering they're doing a lot more to have daemon releases across both ranges, this puts Slaanesh to the back of the queue.

There have been more references to Slaanesh in the past two months than in the entire rest of the history of AoS combined. Plus we know Slaanesh is merely trapped in some sort of inbetween limbo rather than dead, AND current story rumors suggest Nagash's great plan in Malign Portents will result in Nagash unknowingly destroying Slaanesh's prison.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Corrode posted:

xtothez posted:

Before Adepticon there were some recent rumours recently about new Abaddon and Chosen models later this year. Plus there's been lots of whispers about EC, including this artwork from a known GW artist:

Word, thanks for the info.

I saw that artwork. That dude is incredible. He has a lot of good stuff on his Ig

https://www.instagram.com/mikhailsavier

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

jadebullet posted:

Is it though? It looks to be a very similar framework with a slightly altered back for the exhausts. It just has different armor plating to support the new weapons. My guess is that it will be the same height as a typical Knight, just bulked out.

This, opposed to the Cerastus models which are definitely taller

I thought the video showed the Castellan with a Knight to other side, but it's actually two Armigers which means that yeah it's the same size as the others. My bad.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Given the different positioning of the smoke stacks and the very different carapace armor I'd be surprised if we say more than the bits for the legs from the old knight kit re-used.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I suspect the Castellan is wider, but not taller. OTOH guess I will be waiting for the new Codex before figuring out my Knights. What size magnets should I use for the arms?

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Lupercalcalcal posted:

This is absolute nonsense, and ignores the lead time for productions of this kind. If they're next year that means that the sculpts are done and probably the first test molds are being made. The studio will have painted at least a few test models, and photography will be in session. Lead time on a release like this is immense - it starts minimum 2 years in advance.

Hey, it's not like they haven't revised the basic Sisters sculpts since 1997...

Look, I'm not in a hurry here. I'd rather that GW take their time and do the job right. I've got more than enough metal Sisters to last me a lifetime, and I don't want to have the first new Sister-with-a-Bolter in 20 years (oh god has it been that long) come out half-assed or rushed.

But it's still hard to accept even sensible calls for patience due to lead time when there have been calls for plastic Sisters for well over a decade...

Lupercalcalcal
Jan 28, 2016

Suck a dick, dumb shits

Cessna posted:

Hey, it's not like they haven't revised the basic Sisters sculpts since 1997...

Look, I'm not in a hurry here. I'd rather that GW take their time and do the job right. I've got more than enough metal Sisters to last me a lifetime, and I don't want to have the first new Sister-with-a-Bolter in 20 years (oh god has it been that long) come out half-assed or rushed.

But it's still hard to accept even sensible calls for patience due to lead time when there have been calls for plastic Sisters for well over a decade...

Yeah, I get that, but all I'm saying is that since they've been announced they're definitely coming, because they've already spent a decent chunk of money on them right now.

But equally yeah, I get that. Dammit I want sisters of battle. I'm gonna drop so much cash when they release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
About to start, posting an army pic

E: Someone in D&D is real mad :lol:

Boon fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Mar 22, 2018