Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

berzerkmonkey posted:

Phish is already a thing.

Fysheaelves.

Is Phy'ysh a realm in AoS yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SteelMentor posted:

Seems legit.

P.S. Send more fish flakes.

SteelMentor posted:

Phishaelves

P.S. Send more kind bud.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
"My friend, my friend, he's got a bloodrage murder-knife."

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

20 Wrathmongers, 15 Skullreapers, and 5 -former Blood Warrior legs- ready to be built in to the final five Skullreapers.

If you play Khorne Bloodbound you should totally turn a Wrathmongers box, 5 Blood Warriors legs (ebay) and 5 40mm bases into 5 Skullreapers. You will also need 5 back armor pieces, which you can sculpt or buy off ebay.

Edit: Come at me, bro! (One of my $2.50 Skullreapers)

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 20, 2018

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Deified Data posted:

Is Phy'ysh a realm in AoS yet?

No, but Hysh and Shyish are, so it would fit right in. Not to mention Aqshy, which I always want to read as a misspelling of "squishy."

dexefiend posted:

Edit: Come at me, bro! (One of my $2.50 Skullreapers)

This dude is cool looking.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
New Malign Portents - Khorne takes things into his own hands (claws?)

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
I'll be honest there are so many now I just want a book

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So much new stuff!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/03/22/breaking-news-major-revealsgw-homepage-post-1/

Deepkin! New black coach! Plastic Sisters!

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Yo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7AcOAbaO4o

The turtle and that hero with the wave cape, drat.

edit: drat, beat

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also it looks like there is going to be something for older armies. Also it looks like there may be some sort of magic supplement coming.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Anyone got any recommendations for water effects gear? I feel the sudden urge to stock up.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sea Elves are complete loving bullshit. There was one model that I wanted and they failed me. The octopus is ok.

The new hotness is Big Purple Ball.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMMMEWlQdF0

Warboot
Dec 13, 2012

Snuff films...Ya know, for kids!

Hustlin Floh posted:

Sea Elves are complete loving bullshit. There was one model that I wanted and they failed me. The octopus is ok.

The new hotness is Big Purple Ball.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMMMEWlQdF0

His name is Stewart the pissed off lightbulb

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

So, uh, has Nagash gone all Majora's Mask there?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Naggy really needed a stressball with all these loving flesh-havers stealing his souls.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No, the BPB will be its own faction. It's the only unit available.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

The dream is dead

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Warhammer Legends seems like a good idea and a good way to bring Brettonia and Tomb Kings back. Dark Elves being the first MTO race is just icing.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

fish elf hoplites should be extremely my poo poo but im not feeling it, might be the paint schemes but they seem kinda like a load of random guys from diff factions (maybe they are? I havent kept up with warhammer since The Bad Times)
Octopus mage and the black armoured sea-serpent riders are cool though, don't really see anything there I would particularly enjoy painting though, the pale dudes really remind me of some warmachine guys I painted up like white walkers a couple years back.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

nopantsjack posted:

fish elf hoplites should be extremely my poo poo but im not feeling it, might be the paint schemes but they seem kinda like a load of random guys from diff factions (maybe they are? I havent kept up with warhammer since The Bad Times)
Octopus mage and the black armoured sea-serpent riders are cool though, don't really see anything there I would particularly enjoy painting though, the pale dudes really remind me of some warmachine guys I painted up like white walkers a couple years back.

Default schemes are always the blandest. Something a bit darker without the bright silver metal on clean white would look choice.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Also they are almost definately teasing a new Death army there. Looks like a fully fleshed out Nighthaunts judging by the models shown since it looked like Spirit Hosts and Hexwraiths.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I mean, the Hexwraith models aren't old. That's not to say they couldn't be coming out with new stuff of course, but it would be nice if there were non-Nagash aligned undead.

Like the Tomb Kings...

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I find it hilarious that I sat through the rather lackluster studio event to find all of this online 30 minutes later in a more coherent format that I can actually hear.

There one saving bonus of the event was the guy who asked if the new Kill Team book was going to be comparable to SWA in terms of page count. Not rules or content, just page count.

I don't know how I feel about the Deepkin. They've for some cool models, and I do like that GW is actually creating new things, rather than slight variations of the traditional fantasy races. It's really interesting that the Deepkin have no eyes though - I'm kind of shocked that they would go that route.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Warhammer Legends seems like a good idea and a good way to bring Brettonia and Tomb Kings back. Dark Elves being the first MTO race is just icing.

Agreed interested in seeing what it's deal is.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

berzerkmonkey posted:

I don't know how I feel about the Deepkin. They've for some cool models, and I do like that GW is actually creating new things, rather than slight variations of the traditional fantasy races. It's really interesting that the Deepkin have no eyes though - I'm kind of shocked that they would go that route.

Looks like it's just the two units (almost certainly a dual-kit) that don't have eyes. They also are much more pale than the rest, so I'm sure they're supposed to be like the blind cave fish of the elf world.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I just realized I think the orb is the Purple Sun of Xereus

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Hustlin Floh posted:

Looks like it's just the two units (almost certainly a dual-kit) that don't have eyes. They also are much more pale than the rest, so I'm sure they're supposed to be like the blind cave fish of the elf world.

You sure? I'm seeing it on a phone, but it really looks like the rank and file just have skinned over sockets. All of the wyrm mounts eyes are covered as well.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

MonsterEnvy posted:

I just realized I think the orb is the Purple Sun of Xereus

I'm pretty sure it's Games Workshop's first entry into the booming Madballs market.

It's kind of a headscratcher for me since I don't really know why anyone would want it.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Maybe it's a thing they're doing for all the classic Warham vortex spells. Would be sweet to see a Burning Skull, Pit of Shades, Golden Hounds etc.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

SteelMentor posted:

Maybe it's a thing they're doing for all the classic Warham vortex spells. Would be sweet to see a Burning Skull, Pit of Shades, Golden Hounds etc.

Burning Skull would be pretty easy, just paint that thing orange.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

berzerkmonkey posted:

You sure? I'm seeing it on a phone, but it really looks like the rank and file just have skinned over sockets. All of the wyrm mounts eyes are covered as well.

I'm thinking it might be a caste system thing. The more mutated elves sit at the bottom and make up the battle line units while those born looking like traditional elves make up the leaders and heroes. The mutant elf riding a hippocampus has eyes so he'll probably be a character. Since, you know, in the kingdom of the blind the one eyed aelf is king.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Does anyone know if the Shapeways lady heads scale okay with Stormcast? I'm thinking of throwing one or two among my special characters for variety but I don't wanna do it if they'd look weird and pin-headed.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
what shapeways lady heads?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Statuesque, sorry. These ones.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Deleter posted:

Statuesque, sorry. These ones.

i know those work pretty well on the bodies of 40k Custodes

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

The Deleter posted:

Does anyone know if the Shapeways lady heads scale okay with Stormcast? I'm thinking of throwing one or two among my special characters for variety but I don't wanna do it if they'd look weird and pin-headed.

Heroic scale's the way to go, they just need a bita greenstuff in the neckhole so they'll fit, same as marines. Might be worth mildly sculpting it as chainmail or cloth or w/e.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Awesome, I'm gonna go for it then!

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

SteelMentor posted:

I need to see a model for ~The Great Maw~.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Purple dude is clearly the manifestation of the Purple Sun, so I suspect we will get an elemental beast for each lore of magic.

Burning Head for Lore of Fire, Throne of Vines for Lore of Life, Comet for Lore of Heavens, etc...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Bombogenesis posted:

I need to see a model for ~The Great Maw~.

And the most important spell that requires a model: The Foot of Gork.

• Locked thread