Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
utterly Lynchian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
listen to the sounds

it is in

our house now

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
on the plus side one of the american girls uses 'Stardust Wars' as her fairy tale and her glowing sword makes the lightsaber sounds

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

DisDisDis posted:

I'm glad Utena reuses footage as much as it does

its my favorite thing about utena unironically

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://my.mixtape.moe/exjzjz.webm

lol. look at this fool though

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lmfao at this entire thing

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

cursed video

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

At the same time I feel terrible for the people working on it because it must be utterly miserable to be a professional forced to put out content like that because of whatever the hell is going on

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
imo it's gone from extremely forgettable to unforgettable and i'm glad

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm now looking forward to getting home and watching an anime episode more than I ever have in my life.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They should do an entire show in that style

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Can’t see webms on my phone. What heinousness am I missing?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Space Flower posted:

nice n64-texture audience here, also

Holy poo poo

Oh no

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

GorfZaplen posted:

At the same time I feel terrible for the people working on it because it must be utterly miserable to be a professional forced to put out content like that because of whatever the hell is going on

yeah, i said this when it aired what, three weeks ago? but there was only one animation director credited for the last episode, and on their twitter they were like "yeah i didnt handle many cuts this episode, where is everyone else? did they all quit? i guess this is my solo directorial debut..."

and that episode had like, a few genuinely good cuts and the action flowed well. you could tell some people were still trying their best despite everything falling apart around them. this one does not have that.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Can’t see webms on my phone. What heinousness am I missing?

I think this 30-second webm was animated by maybe 2 people over the course of maybe a workday or two.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqbwp4hv7k3wnq2/dasfinale.mp4
teh most important happening in anime has gotten uploaded,

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

If I could be arsed to make gifs/webms, there's the cut of the train passing in front of Mt. Fuji that's probably 12fps or less and the stretching sequence that's obviously deliberately slowed down because you can see pan stuttering (it's not even animated).

Also crossposting more screens

Xelkelvos posted:

Meanwhile, on a poorly animated series...

These are just some of the QUALITY bits. If I were to post them all, it'd just be the whole episode.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I can't believe they are all the same character

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Space Flower posted:

yeah, i said this when it aired what, three weeks ago? but there was only one animation director credited for the last episode, and on their twitter they were like "yeah i didnt handle many cuts this episode, where is everyone else? did they all quit? i guess this is my solo directorial debut..."

and that episode had like, a few genuinely good cuts and the action flowed well. you could tell some people were still trying their best despite everything falling apart around them. this one does not have that.

:smith:

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

relatable

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

is this love live sunshine?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
yeah thanks and all but i'm not exactly thrilled by the HAHA WHAT A TRAINWRECK tour. a lot of people tried their hardest to bring these characters to life and move viewers, to the point of unhealthy exhaustion. the situation sucks rear end and i wish i could do something tangible for these people because shows like this are my livelihood.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

and the stretching sequence that's obviously deliberately slowed down because you can see pan stuttering (it's not even animated).
https://my.mixtape.moe/mklmlj.webm

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Who is to blame here? Producer? Director? PA? Production desk?

Fangz fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Mar 22, 2018

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Fangz posted:

Who is to blame here? Producer? Director? PA? Production desk?

With a meltdown this thorough I suspect multiple levels of leadership failures.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Space Flower posted:

shows like this are my livelihood.

quick we gotta inject this man with uhhhh, Huggto Precure or he's gonna die

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Oh, it was animated. My mistake.

Edit: Have another error

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Mar 22, 2018

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sindai posted:

Wow it's been three weeks since the episode. Has there ever been a show that literally disappeared in the middle of its run for that long before?

Long Riders from... Fall 2016? took a break so long near the end that the final episodes aired in 2017. I know God Eater also had huge delays for later episodes.

also yeah the pointing and laughing at this stuff is uh, vile

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Oh, go off. No one here is celebrating terrible productions or suffering staff. Enjoying the flawed products they put out for being flawed isn't a crime, and it doesn't mean we want these studios to continue to suffer.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I already went off :twisted:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

to me it's just baffling that this whole discussion kicks off with kvin's tweet obviously framing it as a lovely situation where people are exhausted and disowning their own work and yet people still tried to get in on the trainwreck. like this isn't outright malice but y'all can't say you're ignorant of the circumstances and consequences of this poo poo either

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

If people are disowning this stuff, pointing and laughing at it is the correct response imo. It's obviously tragic but that doesn't mean it isn't in its own way comic.

Maybe if there's enough ridicule that the people with the money take real reputational damage, they might consider changing up their process.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 22, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Good comedy doesn't punch down.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

what series is the off model stuff from?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Fangz posted:

Maybe if there's enough ridicule that the people with the money take real reputational damage, they might consider changing up their process.

yeah this is what will fix the anime industry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

iospace posted:

what series is the off model stuff from?

Marchen Madchen.

• Locked thread