Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

WaltherFeng posted:

Any action games with really awesome boss battles? I'm talking Metal Gear Rising type of stuff

Asura's Wrath

You do have to fight the same tiresome bullet-sponge turtle & elephant like five times, but the other bosses are some of the most spectacular fights a game has ever had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Okami, God Hand, Asura's Wrath, Binary Domain, Batman Arkham series, Assassin's Creed Origins, Portal 2?, Dead Space(s), RE4+5, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Wonderful 101 if you can snag a Nintendo, Hollow Knight.

Shadow Warrior 2, Dragon's Dogma, Titan Souls, Spelunky?, The Evil Within 2, Terraria?, XCOM, Persona 5. Ori and the Blind Forest and Rayman Origins + Legends if you count rad levels as bosses.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Mar 16, 2018

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
So, I'm craving a Diablo 2-like ARPG with multiplayer and I've kinda narrowed it down to to. Titanquest with expansions or Grim Dawn? I've looked around a bit and the fans seem to be split on it, and I honestly don't know which I'd prefer to grab!

(As a note, I'm currently playing Path of Exile right now and starting to burn out on its endgame - again.)

Important things:

- Well supported multiplayer
- Good story and world
- Extreme amounts of character customization
- Less speed clearing and charging through everything at breakneck speed. I'm fine with it if it eventually turns into that.
- Stuff to do at the end of the game

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Galick posted:

So, I'm craving a Diablo 2-like ARPG with multiplayer and I've kinda narrowed it down to to. Titanquest with expansions or Grim Dawn? I've looked around a bit and the fans seem to be split on it, and I honestly don't know which I'd prefer to grab!

(As a note, I'm currently playing Path of Exile right now and starting to burn out on its endgame - again.)

Important things:

- Well supported multiplayer
- Good story and world
- Extreme amounts of character customization
- Less speed clearing and charging through everything at breakneck speed. I'm fine with it if it eventually turns into that.
- Stuff to do at the end of the game

Grim Dawn is loving awesome.

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost
Woops

User fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Mar 17, 2018

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Path of Exile is the best. Grim Dawn is also good.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Titan Quest and Grim Dawn are both fine, but no PoE.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Titan Quest and Grim Dawn are both fine, but no PoE.

I mean if it's a choice between the two, just play Diablo 2, honestly.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Okami, God Hand, Asura's Wrath, Binary Domain, Batman Arkham series, Assassin's Creed Origins, Portal 2?, Dead Space(s), RE4+5, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Wonderful 101 if you can snag a Nintendo, Hollow Knight.

Shadow Warrior 2, Dragon's Dogma, Titan Souls, Spelunky?, The Evil Within 2, Terraria?, XCOM, Persona 5. Ori and the Blind Forest and Rayman Origins + Legends if you count rad levels as bosses.

Thanks for the list. I'll be looking at some of these more closely

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

I haven't gamed on the PC in forever and am looking to get back into it now that I have a new machine.

I'm looking for some kind of strategy game where you build a base and go to war with an opponent. (turn based or RTS, as long as it's not super fast and frantic). I used to love games like Total Annihilation, Command & Conquer, or the Civ games. I don't really care about multi-player, and am preferably looking for something < $25 and with at least somewhat modern graphics.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Did you ever get to play Supreme Commander, Starcraft II, Dawn of War, or any of the Homeworld games?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Metal Fatigue :v:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

The Grey posted:

I haven't gamed on the PC in forever and am looking to get back into it now that I have a new machine.

I'm looking for some kind of strategy game where you build a base and go to war with an opponent. (turn based or RTS, as long as it's not super fast and frantic). I used to love games like Total Annihilation, Command & Conquer, or the Civ games. I don't really care about multi-player, and am preferably looking for something < $25 and with at least somewhat modern graphics.

They Are Billions, maybe?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
You can pick up Civ 4 or 5 (depending on your tastes) super cheap nowadays.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

The Grey posted:

If you liked Total Annihilation you definitely need to check out Supreme Commander, which is a spiritual sequel.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Are there any good pc fps TDM games out?

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

XboxPants posted:

Any 2D explore/build games like Terraria/Starbound come out recently? I'd like to check out a new one of those, even if it was fairly simple. Or even if there any any coming up.

Oxygen Not Included, Klei Entertainment (Don’t Starve), Early Access but in fully playable shape.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Oxygen Not Included is far more of a puzzle game than an explorer/resource collection/build cool bases game than Terraria and Starbound. If you're looking for something like the latter two, ONI is not a good recommendation.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Memento posted:

Oxygen Not Included is far more of a puzzle game than an explorer/resource collection/build cool bases game than Terraria and Starbound. If you're looking for something like the latter two, ONI is not a good recommendation.

Well it's not any more puzzly than any other crafting game, at least in my experience. At the end of the day, nearly any single player game can be described as puzzly, including Terraria and Starbound.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

du -hast posted:

I'm looking for something to play fairly casually at work.

The Problem: it must run on SteamOS/Linux

Played already:
Deus Ex: Manchild Divided
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Metro 2033
Metro 2034
- a ton of Halflife / Halflife2 / CS:GO

I guess I'm looking for something sorta like Deus Ex which combines combat and roleplaying, though I have no complaints about just shooting everything like in the new Doom. Would Tomb Raider (2013) be a good choice? I'm not too interested in spending 20 minutes trying to solve a puzzle and then have to google it, so I'm not sure if it's too puzzle heavy for that.

Is there any decent FPS with a good story? Does not need roleplaying elements. Prey for example required too much combing room after room for keycards. Also I have for the most part been living in a cave for several years so anything between 2012 and today is fantastic, it's a pretty new laptop with great specs so it will run essentially anything. Would love any suggestions!

Black Mesa is a Halflife 1 remake.

You could also take a look at Dishonored. It's by the same people as Prey, but you can play it more as a super-powered murderthon than keycard hunt. The story is pretty good.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've been in a minion master mood. Any games where the combat mechanics mostly focus on gearing up an army and throwing them at bandits or whatever while I sit back and maybe cast a heal at them? Being an RPG with a decent story is a big plus but I'll settle for just good gameplay.

Already played Overlord and the minion mechanics are a bit too simple for what I'm looking for.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sacrifice is a truly weird and unique game where you play as a sorceror and build up an army of minions to destroy your opponent's altar. It's from 2000 so I don't know how tolerant you'd have to be of early 3D graphics to enjoy it nowadays, but it fits your description perfectly.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Sacrifice has this neat mechanic where the new spells and/or units you get depend on what missions you take, so you can stick with one faction the whole way or keep switching around and end with a mishmash of differently-themed units and spells.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sacrifice it is, then. Thanks

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Geneforge, if you like crpgs and don't mind a little jank.

Also, just to cover all bases, have you also tried Pikmin?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
Is there anything fairly modern like Black and White?

Olavi
Aug 8, 2013
Looking for a fast paced arcade sports game for PC. I used to like the NHL franchise for PS3 back in the day and now I'm mostly playing Rocket League, which I like a LOT. Still, would like to find something different and maybe something that would scratch that old NHL-itch that hasn't been been scratched in years.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I've finally decided to buy a playstation, so I can get into those sweet sweet exclusives. Besides Horizon Zero Dawn, what other PS4 exclusives are there that I should check out?

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Nuclear War posted:

Is there anything fairly modern like Black and White?

I think "From Dust" is the closest and it's kind of dull and also has uPlay cancer :smith:. "Reus" is a god game but it's kinda not similar to Black and White at all...

Lechtansi posted:

I've finally decided to buy a playstation, so I can get into those sweet sweet exclusives. Besides Horizon Zero Dawn, what other PS4 exclusives are there that I should check out?

Bloodborne

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Lechtansi posted:

Yakuza Kiwami (Remake of 1), Yakuza 0 (Prequel) and if you're in the US get Playstation Now to play Yakuza 4 and 5. Sure, you're missing 2 (Not for long, Kiwami 2 is coming out) and 3 since they're PS3 only but you should be fine to move on to 6 after that. They're all excellent games.

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?
Looking for a creepy and atmospheric mystery game along the lines of Firewatch and Kona.

Not looking for a walking simulator like What Remains of Edith Finch (though I'd like the story to be similar to that) or a survival game like The Long Dark. There can be horror elements (like in Firewatch and Kona), but it can't be the main element.

Flopstick
Jul 10, 2011

Top Cop

Lechtansi posted:

Until Dawn

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

vandelay industries posted:

Looking for a creepy and atmospheric mystery game along the lines of Firewatch and Kona.

Not looking for a walking simulator like What Remains of Edith Finch (though I'd like the story to be similar to that) or a survival game like The Long Dark. There can be horror elements (like in Firewatch and Kona), but it can't be the main element.

Scratches

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

vandelay industries posted:

Wild card pick: Deadly Premonition. It's twin peaks by way of Hideo Kojima. It's janky as hell, but there's also nothing quite like it.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

here's a bit of a weird one but are there any games about climbing things on PC? (or I guess 3ds at a stretch)

I like climbing things in video games. climbing poo poo in asscree or the saboteur was cool. trying to jump climb up crap in dumb f2p mmos back in the day was also pretty sweet. I played some of that zelda game on my bros switch recently and I liked climbing things in that too. oh yeah using lams in deus ex to climb everything was loving lol and good. I think maybe a mountain climbing game would be extremely my poo poo but I don't think such a thing exists.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Headups on this though you're going to have either buy an old hard copy or :filez: it, they took it off of Steam and GOG years ago.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

cool new Metroid game posted:

here's a bit of a weird one but are there any games about climbing things on PC? (or I guess 3ds at a stretch)

I like climbing things in video games. climbing poo poo in asscree or the saboteur was cool. trying to jump climb up crap in dumb f2p mmos back in the day was also pretty sweet. I played some of that zelda game on my bros switch recently and I liked climbing things in that too. oh yeah using lams in deus ex to climb everything was loving lol and good. I think maybe a mountain climbing game would be extremely my poo poo but I don't think such a thing exists.

The new Tomb Raiders are fairly climbey.

Dying Light is all about climbing up buildings to escape from zombies.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Getting Over It with Bennet Foddy

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Get PS Now and play through the Sly trilogy. First one's a pretty straight platformer and I don't really remember 2 very well, but 3 has pretty good climbing. They're also great games.

In terms of climbing games, VR has a fair few great entries: Climbey and The Climb are both great fun. There's also for normal computers Getting Over It, Mount Your Friends and Vertigo, which is a fantastic and overlooked little thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Olavi posted:

Looking for a fast paced arcade sports game for PC. I used to like the NHL franchise for PS3 back in the day and now I'm mostly playing Rocket League, which I like a LOT. Still, would like to find something different and maybe something that would scratch that old NHL-itch that hasn't been been scratched in years.

Have you seen Laser League? It's Tron lightcycles meets Rocket League, in a way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PslluQs5Kw4