Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It's a batshit crazy mess. But it's also Gossip Girl.

e: and apparently ahs: asylum now, as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I like almost all the CW shows, Riverdale included.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rhyno posted:

Archie is not actually in the alt right.

Well fine I guess I'm not watching Riverdale

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Literally everything, true AND false, about Riverdale sounds terrible!!!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It's trashy as hell and I don't blame people for not liking it or not being interested, tbh. It's just 100% purestrain the kind of trash I love.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Regy Rusty posted:

Literally everything, true AND false, about Riverdale sounds terrible!!!

Yeah, but is it "that's loving unique" terrible or "my soap opera family/friends would love this garbage" terrible? I just don't know!!

Its like there's a section of the fanbase intent on selling it as the former and a section of the fanbase intent to say its just the latter.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, but is it "that's loving unique" terrible or "my soap opera family/friends would love this garbage" terrible? I just don't know!!

Its like there's a section of the fanbase intent on selling it as the former and a section of the fanbase intent to say its just the latter.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Peak Archie for me is his homoerotic football thug gang video. I haven't been watching season 2 after that for other reasons and I'll definitely binge it come summer.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

The kind that i will never watch, friend

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Not sure why people keep having to chime in that they'll never watch something.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Is there anything close in tone to The OC or Gilmore Girls these days? CW seems to be too obsessed with superheroes and stuff like that, nothing a bit more based.

Not that OC was particularly based, but you know.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Riverdale....is good.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Gilmore Girls? Try Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Mu Zeta posted:

gently caress yeah. It's also so much better than the netflix Gilmore Girls revival.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

EL BROMANCE posted:

Is there anything close in tone to The OC or Gilmore Girls these days? CW seems to be too obsessed with superheroes and stuff like that, nothing a bit more based.

Not that OC was particularly based, but you know.

Watch Bunheads then cry when you realize there's only one season.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

hope and vaseline posted:

gently caress yeah. It's also so much better than the netflix Gilmore Girls revival.

I think I just straight up hate Rory after seeing the revival. I can't watch the original show ever again. In retrospect it's like Breaking Bad - the protagonist turns into an egotistical rear end in a top hat by the end.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

GreenNight posted:

I like almost all the CW shows, Riverdale included.

You like The Flash???

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

esperterra posted:

Watch Bunheads then cry when you realize there's only one season.

Mu Zeta posted:

Already on top of the other ASP stuff, altho I need to watch the rest of Maisel. Watched all of Bunheads as it aired, and was insanely frustrated it ended so soon. It was super good.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

MiddleOne posted:

You like The Flash???

Ehhhhhhhhhh

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

GreenNight posted:

Ehhhhhhhhhh

That's the right answer

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

STAC Goat posted:

Every time you guys correct the insane takes on Riverdale you just make it sound less interesting.

Yeah if you're gonna get into it, I'd rather you get into it for the right reasons. If you're watching Riverdale, it's not because of its radical yet "interesting" reinventions of teen pop-culture stalwarts. It's most likely because those teens are engaged in amped-up soap opera hijinks despite having more emotional intelligence than some 40-year-olds. This is a show that, with a dead-straight face, killed off a villainous character at the end of the first season, and then, almost one year later, reintroduced the actor as his long-lost, never-before-mentioned twin brother. You are either here for that ridiculous bullshit or you're not.

If you are, a couple of things might surprise you. For one thing, this show has a ton of heart. For another, it's shot incredibly well—like, the cinematography on this show gives some prestige dramas a run for its money. And it's also really good (for a teen soap) at writing to extremely relevant themes of class and generational conflict. All of that might end up sweeping you off your feet...but first, you have to accept that this is a show where much is made out of who's boinking who, where everyone is more verbose than they should be, and where Hiram Lodge is a member of a criminal enterprise alongside a guy who calls himself "Papa Poutine," played by MC Gainey doing a James Caan impression. If none of that floats your boat, walk away. Nobody would blame you.

All that said, if absolute unrefuted insanity is what you crave, there's also 16-year-old Betty Cooper (played by an actress in her early 20s) singing the Gary Jules version of "Mad World" at a biker bar.

Oh, sorry, my bad, :nms: :nws: she does much more than sing :nws: :nms:.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 22, 2018

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Well the alternative is apparently cruising the woods where serial killers lurk.

Based on that article I assume next season the serial killer and the gay teen will meet on Craig's List.

Oh no, they've already met, and it was while camming.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Rhyno posted:

I read that in the last episode, there's a split second where you can see his computer screen, and it's on 4chan.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kind of the deal with Archie is that he's a dipshit so it wouldn't be surprising if he joined the world's foremost dipshit club

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

DivisionPost posted:

All that said, if absolute unrefuted insanity is what you crave, there's also 16-year-old Betty Cooper (played by an actress in her early 20s) singing the Gary Jules version of "Mad World" at a biker bar.

Oh, sorry, my bad, :nms: :nws: she does much more than sing :nws: :nms:.

man it's really fortunate that the dive bar had a vocal track of her singing that ready to go

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I watch Riverdale and it’s just as dumb as it sounds and that article is pretty correct except that it’s probably not as intentional as Thurm makes it out to be

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fox is planning on airing a "documentary" about Meghan Markle. I put the quotes around documentary because one of the people they're talking to is her half sister who has been running her mouth and writing a tell all book.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm watching Nailed It on Netflix and this is amazingly dumb, I love it.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

muscles like this! posted:

Fox is planning on airing a "documentary" about Meghan Markle. I put the quotes around documentary because one of the people they're talking to is her half sister who has been running her mouth and writing a tell all book.

Like a loved one who relapses into meth after years of being sober, Fox has shown a bunch of super-tacky "EVENT" documentary-hours so far this year. First that super loving awful OJ Simpson If I Did It thing and now this. I'm sure we're not far off from a full on When Animals Attack or Married By America reboot at this point

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The funny thing about it airing on Fox is definitely the fact that she got cast on Fringe for like 2 episodes and then was unceremoniously cut.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

STAC Goat posted:

Every time you guys correct the insane takes on Riverdale you just make it sound less interesting. Its actually funny because its always the critics of Riverdale that make me interested to watch and the fans who convince me not to.

Its either a generic soap opera or a batshit crazy mess. That's the dance I referred to.

I watched the first season hoping for the latter based on all the hype but it really felt more like the former imo
I used to watch and enjoy Passions so it's not even like I'm opposed to off the wall soap opera poo poo, it's just that Riverdale bored the hell out of me and didn't have a worthwhile payoff.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Not even Gilmore Girls is like Gilmore Girls anymore, going by that awful Netflix miniseries from last year.

Mu Zeta posted:

I think I just straight up hate Rory after seeing the revival. I can't watch the original show ever again. In retrospect it's like Breaking Bad - the protagonist turns into an egotistical rear end in a top hat by the end.

Rory was always kind of an insufferable poo poo, but yeah they really turn it up to 11 in the revival.

raditts fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Mar 23, 2018

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

muscles like this! posted:

The funny thing about it airing on Fox is definitely the fact that she got cast on Fringe for like 2 episodes and then was unceremoniously cut.

Is that really what happened? Or were they trying to trick us into thinking Olivia was gonna die and she was going to be the new female lead?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Remember when Aatrek probated people for saying Walking Dead is trash

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer
There are probably lots of people around here who know this, so help me out. Why is it so hard to get the most recent additions on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

On Netflix my only hope is that the home page suggestion is that "xx TV shows and movies were added in the last x days", because when I click that, I get an empty list - and when I force-refresh that, I get the actual recent additions.

On AP, the "newest" tab has been simply removed a month ago or so and has never returned.

Is this some stupid 'they want me to watch what the algorithm wants" thing? I hate it. Or am I in the minority for wanting to see if something new was added?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Wait... is he joining a biker gang?

Are biker gangs the Alt right?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Alt righters don't ride bikes, they walk holding tiki torches.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lycus posted:

Alt righters don't ride bikes, they walk holding tiki torches.

Giggle.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Drew Barrymore's comedic timing is amazing.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Mu Zeta posted:

I thought everyone hated her for at least the last two seasons of the pre-revival anyway? Or was that just me? She was the weakest link acting and story-wise by then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

+1 for Counterpart being by far the best show this year. It’s got some slow parts but holy hell these last few episodes ramped things up in an incredibly severe way. This show deserves way more recognition than it’s getting