Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Notably, they don't mention Sebas' race here, so I looked it up and.... he's a dragon or something? And he has an alternate dragonoid form he can take? Well that's pretty cool! How far would the anime have to go before that kind of poo poo would get animated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

XboxPants posted:

Notably, they don't mention Sebas' race here, so I looked it up and.... he's a dragon or something? And he has an alternate dragonoid form he can take? Well that's pretty cool! How far would the anime have to go before that kind of poo poo would get animated?

I don't think it has even been shown in the LN

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

XboxPants posted:

No clue. I don't think he has actually taken it in story yet. Only real details that he is the most powerful warrior in Nazarick in his true form. According to the author and the specials normally he and the other two top Nazarick warriors Cocytus and Albedo have a rock paper scissors relationship. "Cocytus has the advantage against Albedo, but not against Sebas. Sebas is strong against Cocytus, but not against Albedo. Albedo can probably win against Sebas, but not against Cocytus." the exception to this is Sebas's true form which causes him to simply become superior to Albedo and Cocytus.

linall
Feb 1, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

No clue. I don't think he has actually taken it in story yet. Only real details that he is the most powerful warrior in Nazarick in his true form. According to the author and the specials normally he and the other two top Nazarick warriors Cocytus and Albedo have a rock paper scissors relationship. "Cocytus has the advantage against Albedo, but not against Sebas. Sebas is strong against Cocytus, but not against Albedo. Albedo can probably win against Sebas, but not against Cocytus." the exception to this is Sebas's true form which causes him to simply become superior to Albedo and Cocytus.

He hasn't. Which isn't really surprising as he hasn't really shown up since this arc really at all.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
I love that the introduction of the four 6 arms members took longer than the actual 'fight'. I did like Entoma's fight though, it was really bug-creepy to watch. Too bad there's only two episodes left.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The revelation of Entoma's true face wasn't as hosed up as I expected from the shorts

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Plutonis posted:

The revelation of Entoma's true face wasn't as hosed up as I expected from the shorts

To be fair. Imagine seeing a giant spider face in real life in front of you.

Also Ainz is sqeemish when his emotions are not dampened.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

On one hand, the Six Arms going down like chumps so quickly is a pretty good way of showing how out of their league everyone is against Nazarick. On the other hand, it does lose a little something from how the LN built them up, both in terms of their inner thoughts as well as a brief overview of how and why their talents made them impressive muscle for the Eight Fingers.

But it's a visual medium and all so shrug.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I liked how they did the old shounen villain introduction before the big throwdown until the last one calls himself the undead king which pisses off Sebas so he just punches their faces like a hammer hitting a tomato. Hilarious.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I do wonder if any of the other maids would have stomped the group.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Fat_Cow posted:

Probably. The big reason they won is that Evileye literally had a spell that happened to exactly counter Entoma. CZ Delta is the only one that might have trouble, since she's lower level than Entoma, but she's also a gunner so she might be able to just stay out of range of the melee people. The other maids are all higher level than Entoma and won't have a critical weakness.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Piell posted:

Probably. The big reason they won is that Evileye literally had a spell that happened to exactly counter Entoma. CZ Delta is the only one that might have trouble, since she's lower level than Entoma, but she's also a gunner so she might be able to just stay out of range of the melee people. The other maids are all higher level than Entoma and won't have a critical weakness.

Unless evileye has something like "break construct" or "Slay werewolf" or "Smite Undead" Etc.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Just send in Omega.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
At least Entoma looks more or less like she ought to, they really messed up Shalltear.

Less is more and all that.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Fat_Cow posted:

If Evileye didn't have her anti-bug spell, Entoma herself probably could have won. That spell basically shuts off almost all of Entoma's abilities as well as damaging her, which Evileye's normal spells aren't really able to do(see Entoma walking through the Crystal Lance without giving a poo poo). Even though Evileye is technically higher level than Entoma, Nazarick has insane top tier equipment that makes all of them punch above even their already overpowered weight.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Mar 22, 2018

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Evileye is one of my favorite non-Nazarick characters and I can't wait to see more of her.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I have a feeling Yuri, Solution and CZ would have lost. And agree with the earlier comment that Narbeal and Lupusregina would have won.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
pleiades are half godawful nerd jokes and half minmaxed npc guards designed to break player raids. no one ever got that far into nazarick in the game though, so they were never actually used for anything.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

MonsterEnvy posted:

I have a feeling Yuri, Solution and CZ would have lost. And agree with the earlier comment that Narbeal and Lupusregina would have won.

Yuri would probably win, she's the same level as Entoma but wouldn't have to face a spell literally designed to kill her.

Solution is heavily resistant to piercing and slashing attacks which was mostly what Evileye uses, so it depends on how well she can stand up to Gagarans hammer. She is more of an assassin/poison build.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Piell posted:

Yuri would probably win, she's the same level as Entoma but wouldn't have to face a spell literally designed to kill her.

Solution is heavily resistant to piercing and slashing attacks which was mostly what Evileye uses, so it depends on how well she can stand up to Gagarans hammer. She is more of an assassin/poison build.

Yeah but Yuri is undead. Something that is even more likely to be countered. And i assume that Evileye has more then piercing and slashing a really high level wizard. As a Earth focused mage I would assume she has lots of tools for crushing.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

pleiades are half godawful nerd jokes and half minmaxed npc guards designed to break player raids. no one ever got that far into nazarick in the game though, so they were never actually used for anything.

It's explicitly stated that nobody in the guild actually expected the Pleiades to be able to stand up against any players who were strong enough to beat the first 8 death gauntlet floors of Nazarick, so they were just intended to buy some time for the actual guild members to form a final defense in the throne room. But, as you said, that never came to pass because no one in Yggdrasil was ever remotely strong enough to conquer Nazarick, even when most of the guild members stopped playing.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

MonsterEnvy posted:

CZ might also win, but it depends on what style of gunning that her Gunner class is. If it's sniper? Well, a wizard can't cast spells at what they can't see!

Like a sniper shooting their face off from across the kingdom :shepface:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
If there is gun, there’s rocket launcher.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kanos posted:

It's explicitly stated that nobody in the guild actually expected the Pleiades to be able to stand up against any players who were strong enough to beat the first 8 death gauntlet floors of Nazarick, so they were just intended to buy some time for the actual guild members to form a final defense in the throne room. But, as you said, that never came to pass because no one in Yggdrasil was ever remotely strong enough to conquer Nazarick, even when most of the guild members stopped playing.

Well strength had nothing to do really with conquering Nazarick. It was more they filled the place out with so many bullshit traps that people got frustrated enough to stop trying. Level loss was a thing in Yggdrasil so dying or getting killed was really punishing. Ainz himself nearly quit the game in his early days because people kept PKing him so he could never make any progress.

For example of the bullshit, there is a level 90 Hell Slime called Guren in Level 7 considered to be far far more dangerous then Demiurge. The Slime guards the Lava River and because of it's fire immunity and body type it blends into the river. Guren would from ambush send it's tentacles out and drag enemies into the lava river which had the properties of quicksand so characters would quickly find them selves immobilized taking heavy damage from the lava while the basically invisible Guren would constantly attack them while they had pretty much no way to fight back.

I think officially Nazarick has enough battle potential to rival at least thirty level 100 players.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

EponymousMrYar posted:

CZ might also win, but it depends on what style of gunning that her Gunner class is. If it's sniper? Well, a wizard can't cast spells at what they can't see!

CZ has 3 levels each in sniper, asssasin, and stalker, so this is a thing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EponymousMrYar posted:

CZ has three levels each in Sniper, Assassin and Stalker. So she can attack undetected from a far range. But that advantage disappears if fought in close quarters like Entoma was. Were she has to rely on her basic gunner levels. (She also has crap physical defence so a close range fight is never were she wants to be.)

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well strength had nothing to do really with conquering Nazarick. It was more they filled the place out with so many bullshit traps that people got frustrated enough to stop trying. Level loss was a thing in Yggdrasil so dying or getting killed was really punishing. Ainz himself nearly quit the game in his early days because people kept PKing him so he could never make any progress.

For example of the bullshit, there is a level 90 Hell Slime called Guren in Level 7 considered to be far far more dangerous then Demiurge. The Slime guards the Lava River and because of it's fire immunity and body type it blends into the river. Guren would from ambush send it's tentacles out and drag enemies into the lava river which had the properties of quicksand so characters would quickly find them selves immobilized taking heavy damage from the lava while the basically invisible Guren would constantly attack them while they had pretty much no way to fight back.

I think officially Nazarick has enough battle potential to rival at least thirty level 100 players.

You do need to be unbelievably strong to have a remote chance in Nazarick even if you can figure out the traps. Gargantua is an honest to god raid boss rather than a player-created NPC, and they have stuff like the Overlord squad hanging out in the library(yeah, that's an entire group of NPCs with the same class as Ainz).

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

The maids always struck me as just the leadup to the finale where the Guild members go full ham playing evil final bosses. That's basically the perfect place for a quirky miniboss to lead into.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Argas posted:

The maids always struck me as just the leadup to the finale where the Guild members go full ham playing evil final bosses. That's basically the perfect place for a quirky miniboss to lead into.

It's pretty great to imagine. You fight through eight floors of increasingly horrible monsters and evil deadly traps and reach the final floor, which is basically just a palace, and your opponents before the final room are a super-powered butler and his quirky collection of maid subordinates.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Then when you reach the treasure room, an awfully annoying mimic copies your face to troll you in its mannerism.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Nyaa posted:

Then when you reach the treasure room, an awfully annoying mimic copies your face to troll you in its mannerism.

I thought Pandora's actor's thing was he can copy any of the members of Ainz Ooal Gown at like 85% effectiveness.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
In Yggdrasil the final attempt any other players and guilds made at unseating Ainz Oowl Gown from Nazarick before finally just giving up and letting their weirdo PVPRP non-human guild just have the place forever was multiple guilds of max level players storming the place with hundreds of high-level NPC mercenaries paid for with stupendous amounts of gold. I can't recall which floor they got stopped on but I don't even think it was the floor Victim's super-trap is on.

Ainz Oowl Gown was like the #3 or #4 guild on the server overall however- there were other guilds who had more field-deployable battle power (a lot of Ainz Oowl Gown's power is in their ridiculous loving Raid Dungeon turned Guild Base) and more of the single-shot world-class items that were complete game changers. Ainz Oowl Gown had the best PVPer on their entire realm (Touch Me) and a handful of their guildmembers were renown PKers.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Yeah, the guild's various raid-breaking traps were never used for reals, much to their disappointment (and relief).

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Poor Victim and Omega never got used. I mostly wanna see Victim used in the LN.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Fabricated posted:

In Yggdrasil the final attempt any other players and guilds made at unseating Ainz Oowl Gown from Nazarick before finally just giving up and letting their weirdo PVPRP non-human guild just have the place forever was multiple guilds of max level players storming the place with hundreds of high-level NPC mercenaries paid for with stupendous amounts of gold. I can't recall which floor they got stopped on but I don't even think it was the floor Victim's super-trap is on.

Ainz Oowl Gown was like the #3 or #4 guild on the server overall however- there were other guilds who had more field-deployable battle power (a lot of Ainz Oowl Gown's power is in their ridiculous loving Raid Dungeon turned Guild Base) and more of the single-shot world-class items that were complete game changers. Ainz Oowl Gown had the best PVPer on their entire realm (Touch Me) and a handful of their guildmembers were renown PKers.

Yeah, their biggest problem was that they were super tiny and exclusive. There were only 41 of them, after all.

Ainz himself was a fairly accomplished PKer, mostly because he's a huge meticulous nerd and takes every single possible precaution to study his opponent and ensure he can mindgame them into oblivion. He alludes to this stuff when he's showing Nabe how to use scrolls in season 1 and he displays this methodology when he fights Shalltear, which is a fight that he really should not have been able to possibly win but he played his opponent and not the game.

Him being a meticulous no-life nerd is also why he was the guildmaster, not because he was their actual leader. Nobody else really felt like dealing with all the day to day upkeep stuff.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 23, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

No Victim was used. Level 8 with Victim was the one that stopped the Five Guild Alliance from getting in. (The Ainz Oowl Gown guild acknowledged that if they had gotten past that they were pretty much screwed and had little chance of victory.) Prior them falling there the farthest any group had made it was level 6. Until the Five Guild Alliance took a shot no one had been able to get through Aura and Mare.

For some info on them Mare is considered the second strongest of the floor guardians in terms of pure stats and build, only being slightly inferior to Shalltear, but has useful support and terrain affecting magic that pretty much makes up for not being quite as good at single combat. Aura is considered the second weakest of the floor guardians in single combat. (Only Victim is worse.) But she is not built to be that type of character. Instead she is meant to fight alongside the beasts she commands while buffing them. And Nazarick got a bunch of powerful beasts to command, resulting in Aura being considered by far the best guardian in terms of group combat.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kanos posted:

Yeah, their biggest problem was that they were super tiny and exclusive. There were only 41 of them, after all.

Ainz himself was a fairly accomplished PKer, mostly because he's a huge meticulous nerd and takes every single possible precaution to study his opponent and ensure he can mindgame them into oblivion. He alludes to this stuff when he's showing Nabe how to use scrolls in season 1 and he displays this methodology when he fights Shalltear, which is a fight that he really should not have been able to possibly win but he played his opponent and not the game.

Him being a meticulous no-life nerd is also why he was the guildmaster, not because he was their actual leader. Nobody else really felt like dealing with all the day to day upkeep stuff.

There is also the fact that with Shalltear he had all the time in the world to prepare for that fight, while his opponent pretty much played by their default settings that Ainz knew really well. (In terms of Game Knowledge Ainz remembered Shalltear's settings and build the second best of all Nazarick NPC's with the only one beating her being Pandora's actor who Ainz made himself.) But yeah Shalltear was built so well by a power gamer that Shalltear was considered the equivalent a lower portion Top Tier Player. If she was granted and equipped fully with divine class items she would be in the middle Top Tier (which is were Ainz is). If she could change her gear to match her opponents she would be able to fight evenly with the Upper Top Tier.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
shalltear isn't all that bright to begin with and she eventually goes berserk whenever she isn't fighting a bloodless skeleton. she was very good at being an npc guard but is kind of terrible at this whole sentience thing.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

MonsterEnvy posted:

No Victim was used. Level 8 with Victim was the one that stopped the Five Guild Alliance from getting in. (The Ainz Oowl Gown guild acknowledged that if they had gotten past that they were pretty much screwed and had little chance of victory.) Prior them falling there the farthest any group had made it was level 6. Until the Five Guild Alliance took a shot no one had been able to get through Aura and Mare.

For some info on them Mare is considered the second strongest of the floor guardians in terms of pure stats and build, only being slightly inferior to Shalltear, but has useful support and terrain affecting magic that pretty much makes up for not being quite as good at single combat. Aura is considered the second weakest of the floor guardians in single combat. (Only Victim is worse.) But she is not built to be that type of character. Instead she is meant to fight alongside the beasts she commands while buffing them. And Nazarick got a bunch of powerful beasts to command, resulting in Aura being considered by far the best guardian in terms of group combat.
I couldn't remember if Victim ever got used since he was added in the LN and never existed in the web novel version I don't think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

I couldn't remember if Victim ever got used since he was added in the LN and never existed in the web novel version I don't think.

I don't know ether. But his floor was the one they lost at.