Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Zaodai posted:

All votes are for Doom. Either Doctor Doom, or their own doom (at the hands of the Doctor.)

Look it is just Doom all the way down the ballot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So instead of massive numbers of twins going across the country to vote for him, it's Doombots.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Fantastic Four #17

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
sure vic whatever you want, appoints him secretary of the interior

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Hell, worked for Kissinger.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

Fantastic Four #17

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Keromaru5 posted:

All elections are actually for which Doombot you want to reign whenever the real Doom is away. The Doom Pro Tempore, if you will.

Doom then destroys the losing Doombot for not being a good enough copy of Doom to even win an election.

Doom then destroys the winning Doombot for being TOO good a copy of Doom and winning the election.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Random Stranger posted:

You know, that's the last way I'd describe the politics of Dr. Doom.

"Something oppressing!
Something depressing!
Something for the master race!
Slovenia tonight!"

-- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Fortress

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mr. Maltose posted:

Hell, worked for Kissinger.

I think you mean Doom's Pal, Henry Kissinger:

Only Nixon could go to Latveria.

(I have to point out that those panels are from, appropriately enough, Super-Villain Team-Up.)

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 22, 2018

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

"Kissinger always gave me the creeps, what an evil man" -Victor von Doom

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Retro Futurist posted:

"Kissinger always gave me the creeps, what an evil man" -Victor von Doom

Doom does not like his magical murder bag

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Doom is a very ardent doomocrat. He's always been a great believer in doomocracy.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Ben is definitely not upset but instead wanting the next turn at Spider-Man 2600

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Choco1980 posted:

I'll admit, I laughed out loud. Not in a "that's funny!" way, but in an "oh man, Thanos is hosed way"

I picked up this arc, and so far it isn't paying off that amazing setup at all. It would have made more sense to give the spot to Deadpool.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I feel like Slovenia tonight
Like Slovenia tonight
Like Slovenia tonight

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/panelpulp/status/977530572867239936

He then robs the Got-Ham Mew-seum

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

FMguru posted:

Like the Patrician, Doom is a big believer in "one man, one vote".

One Doom, one vote.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Fantastic Four 57

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
One of my favorite things about older comics is for some reason they didn't want anything to appear nude so you have Silver Surfer, Mangog, Fin Fang Foom, and other things running around with tiny briefs.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

That's more of a pun than a riddle, Eddie.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

bobkatt013 posted:

Fantastic Four 57

Doom doesn't always wear a mask, you know. He sometimes takes it off, along with his cape, and all of his armor, then dresses like a normal Latverian and sneaks out of his castle. He blends in with us, seeing how things are really going, not just taking the word of ministers and councils, seeing with his own eyes and hearing with his own ears, what is really on the people's mind. He goes to market, to beerhalls, sometimes even gets a simple manual job for a day, only to vanish the next, with no one the wiser.

There was one time he went to a movie theater. Bought a ticket, just like you or I, a normal one, not a private box. He sits down with everyone else, and as usual, before the film starts, the screen lights up and there's a reminder to buy snacks, and then a reminder to throw away what's left of snacks only the appropriate places, and finally, also a brief patriotic message: his face - well, you understand, his mask - in front a waving Latverian flag, and a tasteful thanks for his effort to advance the nation, and defend it from its many enemies.

He knows this will happen, of course. He at least dimly remembers the law which requires it, so he isn't surprised by it. But he is surprised what happens next: several people in the theater immediately stand and applaud! In fact, within a few moments, it's everyone in the theater proudly giving a standing ovation, from the youngest to the oldest - it was a family film they were showing, you wouldn't know the name of course, but some entire families were there, including grandparents - and what do you know but even some cheers too! Cries of "Hail!" and "Long may he do it!", and others such as that.

Of course, Doom doesn't cry, never! But still, in that moment, seeing his work and nature recognized, seeing this spontaneous overflowing of gratitude, he suddenly is, let's say, greatly focused on the effort of restraining his reaction...

...Seeing this, the man standing and applauding next to him leans in and whispers "You'd better join in, friend: we all hate the rear end in a top hat, but who knows who's watching us?"

*smile, lean back, carefully note who in the room appears amused or nervous*

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

It's like one of those pictograms from Highlights magazine, except with a sound component.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
this doom sounds like quite the standup guy

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Say, has there ever been a Latveria-Wakanda alliance?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

They can't all be winners.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Alhazred posted:

One Doom, one vote.

:thejoke:

"The Patrician was a believer in the system of 'one man, one vote'. He was the man, and he had the vote."

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

Say, has there ever been a Latveria-Wakanda alliance?

In the Priest run the Panther has got a Latveria-Wakanda-Atlantis alliance going on.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Anybody have the panels where Norman Osbourne and Daken are talking (it was back when they were masquerading as the heroes). Osbourne is telling him to act like a hero and Daken says 'You mean like Spider-Man?'

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

gotta say I'm intrigued

edit: what a letdown

quote:

Of all the uniquely designed Batarangs in Batman’s arsenal, the one that Batman once prominently used and then quickly shelved is the fabled Batarang X. The functionality of this mysterious Batarang was used as the cover tease for its debut issue. Readers couldn’t help but wonder just what the most secret of all Batman’s Batarangs was capable of doing. As it turns out, Batarang X is the name Batman gave to a giant glider in the shape of a Batarang. Why would Batman ever need such a glider when he has a dozen more convenient ways to soar above the ground that don’t involve standing atop an unstable kite?

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 25, 2018

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

One of my favorite things about older comics is for some reason they didn't want anything to appear nude so you have Silver Surfer, Mangog, Fin Fang Foom, and other things running around with tiny briefs.

Not that Fin Fang Foom has anything to hide:

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Mar 25, 2018

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

NoneMoreNegative posted:

gotta say I'm intrigued

edit: what a letdown

The bomb batarang looks like it would just fall down at his feet and explode.

The flashbulb one is a good idea, but about 40 years too early. A flashbang you can throw in a straight line and embed at head level is a neat invention after all.

...police whistle batarang? Does it whistle as you throw it? Or do you throw it to someone so they can whistle themselves?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I like the apparently radioactive magnet batarang.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

LadyPictureShow posted:

Anybody have the panels where Norman Osbourne and Daken are talking (it was back when they were masquerading as the heroes). Osbourne is telling him to act like a hero and Daken says 'You mean like Spider-Man?'

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Daken was such a fantastic rear end in a top hat during that whole thing.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

Daken was such a fantastic rear end in a top hat during that whole thing.

It happens ifyou are related to Logan in anyway. Dude just has charming, curmudgeonly rear end in a top hat in his genes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So uh, wont she end up in Valhalla which is like right next door to Asgard anyway?

Glorified Scrivener
May 4, 2007

His tongue it could not speak, but only flatter.
So I'm re-reading Uncanny X-Men from the beginning. Some if it is great, some of it bugs the poo poo out of me - Beast comes off as really annoying with how often they write him as calling someone a "Female", even though I think the intent is just to have him sound brainy. I just strap on my, "I acknowledge that some of the things I like are problematic." goggles and push through it.

This panel made me laugh out loud though.

That Marvel Method is working out great for y'all, ain't it. Good dialog/art match there.

Also, early Banshee looks a bit... rough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

bobkatt013 posted:

I fear for the kids who vote reed Richards as a joke
The Lizard comes in second as a court rules that votes for "Lizard People" count as votes for him.