Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Well, Bolton is going to talk Trump into starting WW3 within 3 months tops, but at least we'll get one final harvest of freeper tears. Drink up, Goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metrofreak
Mar 17, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Plinkey posted:

At the very least, President Trump should say that he isn’t signing it until he has time to read it and discuss it with his Cabinet and advisors. FWIW, it’s everything President Trump promised not to do.

Ahahaha, send help I'm dying.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Does Freep even ever mention the fact that Mexico was supposed to pay for the wall anymore?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cythereal posted:

Dunno if Freep cares about superhero movies, but there might be some gold to be mined about Deadpool 2 now - Brianna Hildebrand's character has been revealed to be a lesbian with a girlfriend in the movie, which I think makes her the first openly gay superhero in a modern superhero movie.

That depends on if you consider the Power Rangers superheroes or not. The yellow Power Ranger in the new movie was openly a lesbian.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Mar 23, 2018

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

They're basically starting to get the disappointment we did about a year into Obama's term, when the healthcare debate turned and we collectively realized we weren't even going to get the public option.

Except the ACA was still something. They're not going to get anything. If the House flips then all they'll be able to show for electing Trump is their boss' boss getting a tax cut.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mantis42 posted:

They're basically starting to get the disappointment we did about a year into Obama's term, when the healthcare debate turned and we collectively realized we weren't even going to get the public option.

Except the ACA was still something. They're not going to get anything. If the House flips then all they'll be able to show for electing Trump is their boss' boss getting a tax cut.

What about the suffwring and mosery of minorities that was their sole justification for their votes?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Xiahou Dun posted:

I must be parsing you wrong : was there an openly gay superhero in a non-modern movie I'm forgetting?

Silhouette from Watchmen was gay, but she was also murdered in the opening credits so I'm not sure if it counts.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Watchmen came out after Iron Man, I'd call that modern.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Silhouette from Watchmen was gay, but she was also murdered in the opening credits so I'm not sure if it counts.

Hooded Justice and Captain Metropolis were also gay Watchmen characters, but I'd argue that Watchmen isn't a 'real' superhero property.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Mantis42 posted:

We had also gotten a couple of other landmark pieces of legislation, such as Lily Ledbetter and the stimulus package.

Not to mention dozens of other, smaller things like environmental and financial regulations that got passed with less fanfare.

This Congress is so inept that they have managed a single major piece of legislation in a year and a half--and it's a tax cut that no one wanted and that barely passed because even Blue Dog Democrats wouldn't touch it.

That's how you know your marketing has truly failed: when you cannot get the Joe Manchins and Joe Donnellys of the world signed on because your tax cut is such an obvious giveaway to the rich that you cannot hide it.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

The ground rules for the interview should be that 1)it’s live and 2)televised, and 3)Joseph diGenova is sitting by Trumps side.

5 posted on 3/22/2018, 1:19:45 PM by CaptainK ("no collusion, no obstruction, he's a leaker")

And they'd still scream "false flag" as soon as Trump started tugging on his own collar

All this and they still can't figure out that Trump basically pandered to them to get a vote but doesn't give a poo poo about anyone or thing but himself

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Mar 23, 2018

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Khizan posted:

Hooded Justice and Captain Metropolis were also gay Watchmen characters, but I'd argue that Watchmen isn't a 'real' superhero property.

They also, like Silhouette, weren't characters in the movie and were only in the opening credits.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Cythereal posted:

They also, like Silhouette, weren't characters in the movie and were only in the opening credits.

But if the opening credits were better than the movie that followed them doesn’t that make them the “real” characters?

triwolf
May 9, 2008
The Trump news conference live thread is a rich harvest.

They start out so hopeful.

quote:

President Trump certainly knows how to create drama! And I love it.

23 posted on 3/23/2018, 12:44:47 PM by miss marmelstein

quote:

He will veto it and then will articulate why. Wants to get the people behind him to get on Congress.

76 posted on 3/23/2018, 1:02:29 PM by DarthVader("The biggeest misconception on Free Republic is that the Deep State is invulnerable")

Sarah Barracuda, always here to elevate the dialogue.

quote:

Id wipe my rear end with the bill, throw it on the floor and walk out of the room

85 posted on 3/23/2018, 1:05:26 PM by Sarah Barracuda

There's a lot of speculating about whether it's a veto folder or a signing folder and if chair vs lecturn makes a difference, when...

quote:

To: Jane Long

WAIT! Is that the Undertaker’s music?!

141 posted on 3/23/2018, 1:20:40 PM by JenB987

Lawl. Anyway, FR handles the news that he's signing it with their usual sobriety.

quote:

Not good. Hillary must be laughing.

217 posted on 3/23/2018, 1:30:11 PM by EdnaMode

quote:

Oh, yeah... we’re about to start on that wall any day now.

Another loving lie.

What’s next? “We’re working very hard on behalf of the American People”?

273 posted on 3/23/2018, 1:35:15 PM by Pravious

This guy updated his signature fast!

quote:

Trump, I volunteered for you, gave you money, took harassment from family and friends for you...for what? Trump has shown himself as lying SOB now. I could care less about his fate now, let the uniparty have it all - it was a good ride America while it lasted.

280 posted on 3/23/2018, 1:36:28 PM by sasafras(Trump became the swamp on 3/23/2018. I could give a crap about him now.)

What will Q's take be anyway?

quote:

in before Q tards say “trust the plan”

356 posted on 3/23/2018, 1:45:45 PM by proust("The rule is, jam tomorrow and jam yesterday, but never jam today.")

Uh, raiderboy, do you need to lie down?

quote:

CNN is laughing and yelling!!! We have been sucker punched and humiliated . It is not just the wall == it is that the bill was never read— it is the baby killing — obamacare and sanctuary cities is FUNDED. I dont give a crap about the military full of queers and women in combat and mentally ill sex changes. I don’t want Bolton and I don’t want war unless we attack Saudi Arabia for their SUNNI al qaeda— Their SUMNNI ISIS!! Their SUNNI attack on the 911. To hell with Syria— they have done NOTHING AGAINST THIS COUNTRY. We got hammered — now the political consequences fall on Trump and he will not be liking it but we will not have this crammed down our throat. HE BETRAYED US!!I was his biggest fan from day 1— Now I will not be silent about the lies he told

369 posted on 3/23/2018, 1:47:11 PM by raiderboy(The lie "...if we have to close down our government, weÂ’re building that wall" DJT)

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Can my brain OD on its own dopamine

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Oh God I could drink their angry, bitter tears all day.

Their God-Emperor was humiliated and their precious wall has been killed and buried.

I realize that most of them will still crawl over broken glass to vote R in November but seeing them so depressed and demoralized warms my cold, black heart.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Trump signs $1.3 trillion spending bill despite veto threat on Twitter

For those of you keeping track Trump initially supported the bill, threatened to veto it in a tweet after it passed Congress, and then went ahead and signed it anyways. :lol:

quote:

Trump had no choice. 

1 posted on 3/23/2018, 11:10:15 AM by Innovative
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: Innovative

No, he put the military plan ahead of the Omnibus goodies added. He said this won’t happen again. I believe him.

4 posted on 3/23/2018, 11:11:27 AM by romanesq (For George Soros so loved the world, he gave us Obama.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

Trump just joined the swamp

7 posted on 3/23/2018, 11:12:27 AM by FatherofFive (Islam is EVIL and needs to be eradicated)

:iiam:

quote:

Why vote for Republicans..?

I don’t get it.

8 posted on 3/23/2018, 11:12:57 AM by gaijin

quote:

To: Catmom

The Dow just went up 150 pts.

Crony Corporatism Forever! Anything the mercantilists can do to kill the free market. And let's not forget this pork laden gift to NGOs. 

10 posted on 3/23/2018, 11:14:33 AM by Sirius Lee (In God We Trust, In Trump We MAGA)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

And so it begins again....
Ryan and Turtle have just lost the House, Senate and Presidency.

13 posted on 3/23/2018, 11:15:00 AM by Zathras

*Votes straight ticket Republican in November*

quote:

Note to Trump:

The frog-marching of some of the corrupt people from the Obama/Clinton camps has to take place before November, or I will stay home.

Give me a reason to support the GOP. Right now I have none.

19 posted on 3/23/2018, 11:16:20 AM by ClearCase_guy (I'm still somewhat onboard but very disappointed. Not so much "Winning" lately.)

:laugh:

quote:

To: JenB987

If Trump was going to sign it he should not have Tweeted about the veto. Makes him look stupid.

22 posted on 3/23/2018, 11:17:16 AM by Buckeye McFrog
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

:rip: Trump

quote:

To: SecondAmendment

Trump is compromised. A beaten man.

25 posted on 3/23/2018, 11:17:29 AM by Broker (All bills come for collection)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

quote:

To: romanesq

He said this won’t happen again. I believe him.

Really? LOL.

I'm his biggest fan, but he's full of sh!t on that one. He'll sign a pile of dog sh!t if that's what Congress puts in front of him. 

26 posted on 3/23/2018, 11:17:41 AM by Alberta's Child ("I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

124th Dimensional Chess!

quote:

I’ll assume this is for two tactical goals:
1. Get the Left mad at Democrats for abandoning DACA
1b. Establish grounds for deporting upwards of a million illegal aliens
2. Signal an intent toward war with North Korea (between “sacrifice other goals to increase military funding” and “appointed national security advisor who advocates pre-emptive war with NK”).

I still have to assume Trump knows how this will play out, that he anticipated backlash from his own base.

We chose him, knowing he wasn’t “hard right” and that he’ll do strange things to reliably achieve big goals. Continue to stand with Trump (though do let him know you’re rather pissed about this).

31 posted on 3/23/2018, 11:20:07 AM by ctdonath2 (The Red Queen wasn't kidding.)

quote:

To: Alberta's Child

Disagree, and clearly he’s not happy but he needed to get this done so he can get the military refurbished and steadied with regular funding.

The temporary funding resolutions were adding to the damage suffered by eight years of Obama. It was intolerable.

You can’t get everything when you have The Swamp against you. It will be different next year and he’ll have more political strength to push back against the Rats and feckless GOPe.

34 posted on 3/23/2018, 11:20:41 AM by romanesq (For George Soros so loved the world, he gave us Obama.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

quote:

Just another RINO!!!!!!!!!!!
No more MAGA, it is now FAGA, F@@@K America, Gag Americans

39 posted on 3/23/2018, 11:22:31 AM by ProudFossil

quote:

The wonderful country in which I was born and raised is lost for my kids and grand kids.

52 posted on 3/23/2018, 11:27:04 AM by doug from upland (Why the hell isn't Hillary Rodham Clinton in prison yet?)

quote:

Trump caved, he’s drowning in the swamp he vowed to drain. Planned parenthood, support for sanctuary cities, no wall, no border control, national endowment for the arts, 1.3 trillion, etc. Twenty two pages of increases will guarantee the loss of the House and increase the chance that Trump will end up getting impeached. Schumer and Pelosi claiming how they do better in the minority than they do in the majority. Sad day for us.

55 posted on 3/23/2018, 11:27:32 AM by kenmcg (tHE WHOLE)

quote:

To: romanesq

“He said this won’t happen again”

Didn’t he say that last year this time?

By my count, he’s signed three of these monstrosities. Every time there’s a shutdown deadline, he signs what the United-party hands him

59 posted on 3/23/2018, 11:28:30 AM by WilliamIII
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Just a reminder, there was a period where the thread's title was "I knew it, I should have voted for Clinton."

Because one of these dipshits said it about three months into Donnie's first year. He's the best worst thing that's ever happened to them. :allears:

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
Trump tweeting about a potential veto was a real twist of the knife to his base. Way to go dude.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

You know, when Trump was elected I predicted that he would probably get his wall. It was a stupid ego project but I figured the GOP was afraid enough of its voters to let them just have it. After the first 100 days passed without it and the ACA Repeal failed it was pretty obvious the writing was on the ground (because there is no wall to put it on it, you see).

Seems it took Freepers a year to catch on. Can't wait for the House to flip and they realize just how little they'll actually get out of this presidency.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Mantis42 posted:

You know, when Trump was elected I predicted that he would probably get his wall. It was a stupid ego project but I figured the GOP was afraid enough of its voters to let them just have it. After the first 100 days passed without it and the ACA Repeal failed it was pretty obvious the writing was on the ground (because there is no wall to put it on it, you see).

Seems it took Freepers a year to catch on. Can't wait for the House to flip and they realize just how little they'll actually get out of this presidency.
Watching them flail around trying to explain why a Republican president with a Republican House, Republican Senate, and Republican-controlled Supreme Court can't seem to deliver on any of his Republican campaign promises has been a reliable form of entertainment these past 14 months

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

FMguru posted:

Watching them flail around trying to explain why a Republican president with a Republican House, Republican Senate, and Republican-controlled Supreme Court can't seem to deliver on any of his Republican campaign promises has been a reliable form of entertainment these past 14 months

Yeah, in the months between the election and Trump's swearing-in, I needed to avoid this thread, because I had nightmares of Freep getting exactly what they wanted - a hyper-competent Republican machine, headed by a regressive, bullheaded monster, that would just power in all of his campaign promises within the first few months. While I don't want to downplay the damage Trump has been doing to our country and democratic processes, I was eventually able to come back after realizing, man, he's not really doing much for them, is he?

Nowadays, Freep slowly realizing that Trump isn't their mental-constructed All-Powerful Conservative Father Figure is one of the things that keeps me going.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Trump keeps today's stupidity going, pissing off his entire base.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/977286489410240514

quote:

President Trump is enacting more gun control in his first year and a half than Obama did in eight.
1 posted on 3/23/2018, 5:39:34 PM by Simon Green

quote:

To: Simon Green
Who said Trump’s not accomplishing anything?

2 posted on 3/23/2018, 5:40:48 PM by moovova

quote:

To: dware
Uh...this isn’t the GOP who issued the bump stock ban and confiscation/dismantling.

6 posted on 3/23/2018, 5:43:17 PM by irish guard

quote:

Bad idea? An idea is an act, not a piece of machinery.

How about targetting the illegal school walkouts?

Why does it come down to reducing crime to tools when it is a bunch of illegal activiities.

7 posted on 3/23/2018, 5:44:47 PM by JudgemAll (Democrats Fed. job-security Whorocracy & hate:hypocrites must be gay like us or be tested/crucifiedc)

Freep: OK, I have had enough winning now thank you very much.

quote:

OK, I have had enough winning now thank you very much.

14 posted on 3/23/2018, 5:48:21 PM by RC one (Lying, cheating, deceiving & manipulating are as natural to Democrats as swimming is to fish.)

quote:

To: shelterguy
There are so many dimensions to Trump’s chess game that he just checkmated himself :O

20 posted on 3/23/2018, 5:51:26 PM by chris37 (3/23/2018 The day it became clear that MAGA is a lie.)

quote:

IMPEACH this bitch now!!! At least progressives are up front with their goal to enslave us all.

27 posted on 3/23/2018, 6:00:58 PM by rhc2000 (How to Shiv Your Base in Less Than a Minute, by Donald J Trump, 3/23/18)

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 23, 2018

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
"March 23rd, 2018. A day that will live... In infamy."

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Trump orders DOJ to issue rule banning bump stocks

Trump is on FIRE! :supaburn:

quote:

President Trump is enacting more gun control in his first year and a half than Obama did in eight. 

1 posted on 3/23/2018, 2:39:34 PM by Simon Green
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

Who said Trump’s not accomplishing anything?

2 posted on 3/23/2018, 2:40:48 PM by moovova

quote:

To: moovova

I think this is “ Piss off your base” Day

3 posted on 3/23/2018, 2:41:39 PM by shelterguy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Simon Green

Insult to injury, huh?

Screw the GOP. 

5 posted on 3/23/2018, 2:42:04 PM by dware (Americans prefer peaceful slavery over dangerous freedom)

quote:

Bad idea? An idea is an act, not a piece of machinery.

How about targetting the illegal school walkouts?

Why does it come down to reducing crime to tools when it is a bunch of illegal activiities.

7 posted on 3/23/2018, 2:44:47 PM by JudgemAll(Democrats Fed. job-security Whorocracy & hate:hypocrites must be gay like us or be tested/crucifiedc)

Oh man, they're turning on Trump! :munch:

quote:

Banner day for this 1-termer. Single payer tomorrow?

8 posted on 3/23/2018, 2:45:35 PM by MountainWalker

quote:

Don’t even need a bump stock to bump fire.

You gonna ban semi autos next, Mr. Democrat president, sir?

11 posted on 3/23/2018, 2:46:05 PM by chris37(3/23/2018 The day it became clear that MAGA is a lie.)

(That tagline :allears:)

I'm up to the 128th dimension.

quote:

We will BAN all devices that turn legal weapons into illegal machine guns," Trump tweeted.

What dimension of chess is this? I've lost count. 

12 posted on 3/23/2018, 2:47:11 PM by Poison Pill

FREEPERS:

quote:

OK, I have had enough winning now thank you very much.

14 posted on 3/23/2018, 2:48:21 PM by RC one (Lying, cheating, deceiving & manipulating are as natural to Democrats as swimming is to fish.)

E: sniped.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Plinkey posted:

Freep: OK, I have had enough winning now thank you very much.

mods please

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Hungary Warns of 'Global Government' That Will 'Strip People' of Identities

If it "strips away identities" then why does everyone keep calling it "identity politics"?

quote:

In his address at a conference Monday, the founding member of Prime Minister Viktor Orbán’s conservative Fidesz party stated that “the new technique and ideology of government is aimed at creating (societies) without an identity”.

Referring to proponents of global governance as “potential colonists”, Mr. Kövér said: “They want to strip people of their religious, national, family, and even sexual identities so that they are no longer able to recognise, express or enforce their own interests.”

When you're holding up Hungary as your example, that's a good time to be asking "are we the baddies?"

quote:

It sounds like Hungary is the only European nation that knows what is going on.

3 posted on 3/23/2018, 6:06:52 PM by BipolarBob (Keep the guns, ban the liberals.)

You know who's really got their poo poo wired tight? Belarus. :colbert:

Countdown until Freepers start Slav-squatting in solidarity.

quote:

Amazing how Eastern Europe is leading the call to resist.

4 posted on 3/23/2018, 6:07:28 PM by RoosterRedux (Churchill: Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.)

... wouldn't take much.

quote:

More Trump than Trump..?

6 posted on 3/23/2018, 6:11:59 PM by gaijin

quote:

I don’t know who is calling the shots but there is no doubt in my mind that there are individuals or groups who are.

I expressed the same thoughts to a friend in grad school who was a Communist. He surprisingly agreed and called it an “unorganized conspiracy”. That sounds like a self contradiction but I knew exactly what he meant.

The fact that very, very powerful forces are pushing for a one world government is obvious. A one world political system, one race, and one viewpoint.

7 posted on 3/23/2018, 6:12:53 PM by yarddog

Is somebody going to report this commie?

quote:

Hungary totally gets it.

We tried to help African and Middle Eastern nations and they're still s--tholes. If they don't want to modernize and accept a decent standard of living, eff them. Let them stew in their own juices then.

The only exception would be blacks who came here to the U.S. against their will.
9 posted on 3/23/2018, 6:17:45 PM by C210N (Republicans sign check fronts; 'Rats sign check backs.)

So the factions that want to recognize everyone's individual identity are... anti-individualist? Makes you think...

quote:

This non-individualistic glowbull governance, should it prevail, would merely hand the world to islam, effectively. There would be war, but on “our” side, there would be little heart into it, opposed to islamist crazies.

8 posted on 3/23/2018, 6:16:09 PM by Extremely Extreme Extremist (If the illegal immigration issue were Social Security, it'd be privatized by now.)

Welp, my toast got burned, looks like it's the End Times(tm).

quote:

End Times ping, please

11 posted on 3/23/2018, 6:20:27 PM by Huskrrrr

Nor with fascism, oddly enough.

quote:

Not their first rodeo with communism.

15 posted on 3/23/2018, 6:28:56 PM by RushIsMyTeddyBear (Screw The NFL!!!!!! My family fought for the flag!)

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I like this one

quote:

As I slip my tinfoil on and then off, I now feel no difference. I am obliged to think until otherwise proven without a shadow of doubt that many events are complete conspiracy and or cover up by government. Maybe I am cracking but I do not trust anything about this government or the fools who run it. It is not going to get any better and it will ultimately hit a tipping point unimaginable.

71 posted on 3/24/2018, 12:47:07 AM by shanover (...To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.-S.Adams)

Just the image of some scared old man looking in the mirror putting on and taking off a tinfoil hat, slowly discovering that he is, in fact, insane.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jagged Jim posted:

For those of you keeping track Trump initially supported the bill, threatened to veto it in a tweet after it passed Congress, and then went ahead and signed it anyways. :lol:

Goddamn the denial and rage is hysterical.

Every billboard near a freeper home should read "told you so, loser"

Plinkey posted:

Trump keeps today's stupidity going, pissing off his entire base.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/977286489410240514

Well poo poo, everyone gets their fingers lopped off

quote:

IMPEACH this bitch now!!! At least progressives are up front with their goal to enslave us all.

27 posted on 3/23/2018, 6:00:58 PM by rhc2000 (How to Shiv Your Base in Less Than a Minute, by Donald J Trump, 3/23/18)

PFFFT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Holy poo poo stop, I'm dyin'!

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Mar 24, 2018

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Jagged Jim posted:

[/quote]

CNN's linking random stuff game is on point today, https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/23/politics/spending-bill-trump-announcement/index.html

It starts with a Battlestar Galactica reference and then just keeps going.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Freep trying to get their dopamine up after getting kicked the the curb today (this will never hold up by the way).

White House announces ban on most transgender service members

quote:

At least there's some little bit of good news today.

1 posted on 3/23/2018, 9:34:56 PM by markomalley

quote:

To: markomalley
Signing the Omnibus spending bill was a smokescreen for the real Trumpalution!

MAGA!

4 posted on 3/23/2018, 9:39:49 PM by lightman (ANTIFA is full of Bolshevik.)

freepers starting to :thunk:

quote:

I thought the courts put a stop to this. How is he doing this with the court orders?

5 posted on 3/23/2018, 9:40:00 PM by Reno89519 (Impeach Trump? Sure, let's discuss. VP Pence is standing by.)

quote:

To: Reno89519
“How is he doing this with the court orders?”

Hopefully with a stiff neck and attitude.

6 posted on 3/23/2018, 9:41:38 PM by Rebelbase ( Hillary, DNC, DOJ and FBI colluded with a British National to influence the 2016 Pres. election)

Nice being double wrong and bad on both sides of your sentance, I'm not even sure how to unpack this. If Reagan hadn't undone our mental health system, all these trans people would be in institutions, but he did so now they are going to the only place they can get a paycheck, and leave toxic shithole towns? hoo-rahh?

quote:

This transgender fad — and in the context of popular culture, that’s exactly what it is — makes me long for the days when they warehoused crazies in big institutions like Creedmoor.

8 posted on 3/23/2018, 9:43:09 PM by Nothingburger

I'm loving all the new sig changes.

quote:

To: lightman
So, does this little tidbit actually, seriously, make up for that epic disaster earlier today? I would hope people on FR were not so gullible, desperate, or so easily swayed by the latest shiny object.

12 posted on 3/23/2018, 9:44:43 PM by Reno89519 (Impeach Trump? Sure, let's discuss. VP Pence is standing by.)

quote:

Runaway courts will just shoot it down.

18 posted on 3/23/2018, 9:50:30 PM by virgil (The evil that men do lives after them)

quote:

Serious, if diabetics can’t serve...

19 posted on 3/23/2018, 9:51:34 PM by Yaelle

quote:

A ban on the mentally ill serving in the military? What in the hell is the world coming to? /s Next up a ban on queers and muslims

22 posted on 3/23/2018, 9:58:50 PM by Electric Graffiti (Obama voters killed America...Treat them accordingly.)

...another new sig

quote:

WHEEEE Who cares

24 posted on 3/23/2018, 10:01:47 PM by raiderboy (The lie "...if we have to close down our government, weÂ’re building that wall" DJT)

quote:

Frankly, this is a small sop to quiet conservatives down after the MONUMENTAL SELL OUT today.

34 posted on 3/23/2018, 10:18:41 PM by ProtectOurFreedom

quote:

To: demkicker
Today causes the loss of the House in 2018 and loss of the White House in 2020. “Betrayed” is exactly right. He is a bigger spender than the all-time champion Hussein.

36 posted on 3/23/2018, 10:22:46 PM by ProtectOurFreedom

Freep is so downtrodden today that it's delicous.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I wonder when Freep will turn so hard that they start openly demanding impeachment for collusion with Russia.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

If FReep: FAGA, F@@@K America, Gag Americans isn’t our new thread title I just don’t know anymore

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Fuckin' called it:

Man arrested for threatening to murder Virginia congressman

The initial news articles just said it was "over a dispute about marijuana policy" which is just some piss-poor reporting since I found other sources that clearly state that the nutbag is upset that the government *isn't* cracking down on weed. Freep however did zero digging and happily jumped to conclusions:

Goddamit Freep, the rear end in a top hat with the shogtun is one of *your* guys.

quote:

First off, when they don't mention the perp's political affiliation you can bet they are democrats. Second, I think this liberal pot head has picked a fight with the wrong Republican. Taylor is a former sniper with the Navy SEAL's. Maybe one day someone will find Godwin with a hole in his head, laying face down in a pool of his blood.

1 posted on 3/23/2018, 8:22:20 PM by Beave Meister

Let's cram Islam into this somehow:

quote:

HOP: the herb of peace.

Another performance by a 68er on his way out.

3 posted on 3/23/2018, 8:33:52 PM by familyop ("Welcome to Costco. I love you." --Costco greeter in the movie, "Idiocracy")

I would not be in the least surprise if buddy has a Freep account. Has Freep yet rushed to purge all the posts by the Austin bomber or was that just a guess?

quote:

This does not seem like very mellow behavior at all from a 1960’s pothead.

4 posted on 3/23/2018, 8:47:32 PM by The Antiyuppie ("When small men cast long shadows, then it is very late in the day")

You're getting warmer...

quote:

Why would a pothead sue the Fed gov for not enforcing marijuana laws?

6 posted on 3/23/2018, 9:14:43 PM by TigersEye (13 Russian Facebook trolls ... and a Siberian partridge in a Russian Olive tree.)

And a Freeper finally gets it right; time to close the thread as unproductive.

quote:

Some actual info on him here: https://www.thecannabist.co/2018/03/23/virginia-marijuana-policy-scott-taylor-threats/102309/

Still-deranged 80s drug war brainwash victims are an ugly sight.

7 posted on 3/23/2018, 10:37:36 PM by thoughtomator (Number of arrested coup conspirators to date: 0)

If Freep lasts another five years, it's entirely possible that being pro-weed will become the majority position. And if JimRob decides it eases the pain of his 'beetus stumps, whoa nelly watch for a shift.

EDIT: thread is still moving, and just getting better and better:

quote:

He says he’s a “natural born Conservative” and he wants to know why Federal laws against marijuana aren’t being enforced.

8 posted on 3/23/2018, 10:54:43 PM by Amberdawn (If Leftists Didn't Live By Double Standards, They'd Have No Standards At All.)

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 24, 2018

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Has Freep yet rushed to purge all the posts by the Austin bomber or was that just a guess?

Come on, the dude was under 50, there's no way he had a Freep account.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jagged Jim posted:

Come on, the dude was under 50, there's no way he had a Freep account.

He linked Freep in his 'blog posting class' at 17.

I also doubt that John knows or cares enough to purge after the fact.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Trump outsmarted them again!

quote:

POTUS Trump just signed an Omnibus bill, NOT a federal budget! The appropriations in the bill are "suggestions" of how Trump SHOULD spend the money. Since this is not a budget, Trump is not bound by The Constitution to spend the money as appropriated. The Demonrats screwed themselves again by not passing a federal budget. I'm here to tell you that Trump's Wall shall indeed be funded with money from this Omnibus bill! President Donald J. Trump outsmarted these fools, once again!! Haahaa!!

TOPICS: Government; Politics
KEYWORDS: outsmarted; trump

1 posted on 3/23/2018, 11:17:54 PM by ResisTyr
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: ResisTyr
Obama spent money intended for things he didn’t like on things he did like, and he did it all the time. The MSM Democrats went on and on about how brilliant he was, stickin’ it to the white man.

13 posted on 3/24/2018, 12:15:42 AM by Steely Tom ([Seth Rich] == [the Democrat's John Dean])
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

Plinkey posted:

quote:

Serious, if diabetics can’t serve...

19 posted on 3/23/2018, 9:51:34 PM by Yaelle
I don't ... what does ... how ...
AUUUUGH MY BRAIN! IT HURTS!

This person* probably needs a minder to make sure they don't try and eviscerate themselves looking for that tasty thing they just ate

*not entirely sure this assumption is valid, seems too stupid to have gotten to the point of understanding how to write

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
have they latched onto the "actually the omnibus is good because it has secret funding to take down the deep state" narrative that the Q nutters are pushing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Plinkey posted:

He linked Freep in his 'blog posting class' at 17.

I also doubt that John knows or cares enough to purge after the fact.

They did with the Holocaust Museum shooter