Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I feel like we'd get a better tale if we got tails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Tails

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Run for the falls

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Tails.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

What's behind the waterfall?

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Tied, next vote for falls or tails takes it.

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose
Waterfall it is, then.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You race toward the waterfall. Maybe you can lose the giant gargoyle that way. The stone beast chasing you kind of looks like a cat, you think. And cats hate water, right?

Down the path, a small pool of water is surrounded by lush tropical plants and flowers. From fifty feet above, a river cascades down into the pool, sending up a thick mist.

“Jump into the water!” Zoe shouts. She does a perfect cannonball from the mossy bank.

You glance around. The stone beast appears on the path behind you. Its hideous jaws snap wildly at the air. Its thick stone leg muscles are bunched up, ready to pounce.

quote:

You stare into the crazy bulging eyes of the stone creature. It looks a little like a Chinese parade dragon, you think. It’s baring its teeth at you in a hideous grin. You’ve got to make your move.

Since the beast is made of stone, it probably can’t swim. There’s only one catch... Neither can you!

Desperately, you cast your eyes around. On the ground next to you, there’s a big stick.

You’ll definitely need something if you’re going to fight off that gargoyle. Then again, maybe the stick would help you float if you jumped into the water. You pick it up.

The gargoyle swishes its tail angrily and licks its chops with its huge, gravel-coated tongue.

What’s it going to be? Risk drowning or take your chances with the beast?

Better make your move before it pounces!

To fight the stone beast with the stick, turn to PAGE 112.

To jump into the water with the stick, turn to PAGE 78.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Goal Endings: 1/2

Bad Endings
Incinerated by a dragon's lava breath.
Broke our leg and died of starvation in a tiger pit.
Stuck singing to tiger skeletons forever.
Captured by the Muglani and had our head shrunken.
Sucked into a boiling tar pit.

Achievements
Beginner's Luck: Reached a goal ending on our first try.

PZ Smeltzenseltzer
Feb 3, 2008

fortran
~*with style*~
We can’t swim… but can our monster form swim? Jump in the water and find out!

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

If we jump into the water theres a good chance the gargoyle won't grab us.

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
Smellrose
Into the water!

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

Just as the gargoyle pounces at you, you do a clumsy backward dive off the bank into the water.

You plunge down into the deep pool, gripping the heavy stick with both hands. It seems as if you’re underwater for too long, but then...

Your face and arms break the surface and you can breathe again. The stick floats! Thank goodness!

“You made it!” Zoe cheers.

“Yeah!” you cry in triumph, gasping for air. The water is icy cold. It’s like taking a bath in an ice cube tray!

“Look!” Zoe says breathlessly. She points to the shore. The stone beast is prowling back and forth on the bank. It looks angry. “It won’t come near the water,” Zoe declares.

“Excellent!” you say, shivering. “But what do we do now? If we stay in here much longer, I think I’ll freeze to death. I’m already starting to lose feeling in my toes!”

Zoe doesn’t say anything. Her teeth are chattering too hard. You feel your feet beginning to grow numb from the freezing water. Are you destined to become two human ice cubes? Or will you be torn apart by a big walking rock?

quote:

“GRRRRRRRRRR!” The gargoyle growls at you from shore and slashes one of its razor-sharp claws through the air.

Meanwhile, you’re starting to lose feeling above your knees now. You never knew water could be this cold. Things are looking grim.

“Let’s be calm about this,” you say. “There must be something we can do.”

“Yeah, right,” Zoe moans, rolling her eyes. “Why don’t we just swim right up the waterfall!”

“Ha-ha, very funny!” you retort. Sometimes Zoe’s sarcasm isn’t so cool.

But you stare at the waterfall anyway. The water pounds down from the jagged cliffs above. Sunlight turns the falling streams of water many deep shades of blue and green. But that’s not what you’re looking at. There’s something else. You think you can make out the outline of something behind the falls.

Something big. Something dark. Is it another stone beast?

quote:

No. It’s not another stone beast you see behind the waterfall. It’s the mouth of a cave!

“We might not be able to go up the waterfall,” you say to Zoe. “But maybe we can go through it! Come here and look!” Clutching your floating stick, you paddle over toward the pounding falls and mist. Zoe follows you.

“Cool!” Zoe shouts. “There’s a cave behind the falls! Maybe we can crawl through and find a way out of this mess!”

You take a deep breath and dive down – stick and all – under the tremendous spray created by the waterfall. The water pushes you down. For a moment, your eyes and ears fill with the pounding foam.

When you come up again, you are behind the sheet of water in the mouth of the cave. The sunlight shines through the mist, creating tiny rainbows in the air. It’s pretty to look at the pool through the waterfall. The cave behind you isn’t nearly so pretty.

Dark jagged rocks cut out from its black mouth. A warm, moist wind blows against your face.

Then you feel something slimy brush against your leg underwater. What was that? you think. But before you can think again, IT GRABS YOUR FOOT AND PULLS YOU UNDER!

quote:

The icy water fills your eyes, ears, and mouth. You gulp for air only to swallow water, cough, and sputter. You thrash your arms but it feels as if you’re still sinking! In your panic, you let go of your stick!

Your lungs begin to ache. You open your eyes and try to see what it is that has pulled you under.

It’s no good. All you can see is the blurry blue of water. Water... water... everywhere...

With one last burst of strength you shake off the thing that has you by the foot. Gasping for air, you reach the surface. You look back in terror and see...

ZOE! She’s red-faced and giggling.

“Zoe!” you shout. “You know I can’t swim!”

“Sorry.” She laughs, treading water. “You looked so scared staring into the cave like that! I just couldn’t resist giving you a little dunk!”

“I’m not scared!” you protest. “I was just wondering if we’ll be able to find a way out. It’s so dark in there.”

“Just wondering, huh?” Zoe teases. “Want me to go first?”

If you want Zoe to lead, then follow to PAGE 52.

If you want to go first, proceed to PAGE 83.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings

Achievements

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Go first.

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
Smellrose
Zoe can go first after that little stunt.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Let Zoe go first if she is so inclined to pretending to be a water monster.

Also, why is the water freezing in the Amazon? Unless it's a stream straight from the Andes, shouldn't the water be warm?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Zoe goes first.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You know there’s no going back. Not with that gargoyle creature outside. This cave is your only hope. But still, it’s so dark and spooky in there.

“You go first, Zoe,” you say as you pull yourself out onto the rocks. You gesture toward the creepy cave with one hand. “If you’re so brave then you just go right ahead!”

“Okay, scaredy-cat, follow me,” she says as she steps into the mouth of the cave. You stay right behind her.

You are both dripping wet and shivering. But a warm breeze is blowing through the cave. It dries you as you go.

Your eyes adjust to the darkness. Jagged rocks line the walls of the cave.

You move slowly through the dark. Zoe tells you when there’s a boulder or a ditch. You walk for what seems like an eternity. Then you see something totally unexpected... light!

“Look!” you shout to Zoe. “That must be the way out!”

quote:

Zoe speeds over the rocks toward the bright light. You hurry to keep up. You can’t wait to get out of this cave and meet up with the group. Even Mrs. Wheedle is sounding pretty good to you right about now.

But when you glance up, you see you have stumbled into some sort of large underground chamber. The light you saw was not from the sun. It was torchlight! Cast by hundreds of blazing torches that decorate the room you now stand in.

“Cool!” Zoe murmurs. “What is this place?”

The cavern is so tall you can’t even see the ceiling. But the floor is covered in soft carpets! At the end of the room, a small pyramid rises.

“It looks just like the ones we studied in ancient history class!” you whisper, pointing to the pyramid.

“Yeah! But this isn’t history. This is NOW. Check out that throne!” Zoe says in amazement.

At the top of the pyramid is a golden throne draped with what appear to be tiger skins. Zoe walks over to it, gaping at the splendid throne. But you’re starting to feel nervous. Somebody lit all these torches and you’re not so sure you want to be around when they get back.

Too late.

“Uh-oh!” Zoe whispers. “Somebody’s coming!”

quote:

From every corner of the room, from each crevice, dark forms step out of the shadows. They move in, circling around you. Some of them are shorter than you, some taller.

And as they step into the torchlight, you realize with a chill that pierces you to the bone, there’s something very un-human about them!

The first thing you notice is their bizarre heads. They look like hideous puff balls! They’re perfectly round and covered in a slimy white fuzz, like moss. Their eyes are big gelatinous blobs, glossy and white!

You’re almost too grossed out by their heads to notice, but their bodies are covered with heavy, gray rocklike scales instead of skin! As if someone dipped them in glue and rolled them in a gravel pit.

What are they? Some forgotten race of cave people? With big, blobby eyes to help them see in the dark? Maybe that’s what happens to you if you spend too much time underground! you think.

They are moving in on you and Zoe. Your knees are starting to feel shaky as they draw nearer.

quote:

What do these bizarre cave people want from you? you wonder as they come closer and closer.

“Look up there!” Zoe yells. She points to the pyramid.

All the creatures fall to their knees suddenly.

A huge figure appears on the throne at the top of the pyramid. He must be ten feet tall. His face is covered with strange slimy moss, like the others, but it is gold-colored, not white, and huge horns stick out of each side of his big spongy head. He wears a robe of animal skins.

“Greetings,” he booms.

He speaks English!

The cave creatures draw toward you. Maybe they just want to say hello, like their king. Then again, why are they surrounding you if they are friendly? In a flash, you scan the cavern for an escape route. They are all around you...

But off to your left there seems to be a gap!

If you make a break for it now, you just might get away from them.

Or you could stay and hear what the big king has to say. Who knows, he could be nice... possibly.

It’s your choice.

To make a run for it, race to PAGE 131.

To hear the king out, turn to PAGE 107.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings

Achievements

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Hello, thing that is about to eat us.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Talk it out.

Pangurban
Apr 29, 2015

Roll for diplomacy

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You decide to hear what the king has to say.

“Maybe the king will show us a way out,” you whisper to Zoe.

“Humans!” his voice booms through the cavern. “Come forward!”

Two of the rock people grab you, one on each arm. Their hands are covered in stone chips. The stones dig into your skin.

“Ow!” you exclaim.

“Let us go,” Zoe cries.

The rock people drag you both up to the top of the pyramid. They throw you down at the king’s feet. Maybe you should have run when you had the chance!

quote:

The king of the cave people peers down at you. All the features on his face are covered by soft golden fuzz. The thick horns stick out from the sides of his enormous round puff-ball head.

He’s so tall that you’re getting a cramp in your neck from looking up at him!

“We live in this mountain. It is our home. You have trespassed here,” he says as he lowers himself majestically to his throne.

Zoe interrupts him. “Excuse me, Mr. King, sir, I mean your highness, I mean, whatever your name is.” Her face is turning red.

“Yes, what is it, human?” he asks impatiently.

“We’re very sorry to have busted into your home like this. We really shouldn’t be here,” Zoe says, brushing her brown bangs out of her eyes like she always does when she’s nervous. “If you’d kindly show us how to get back out, we’d gladly leave...”

“Ha-ha, very funny!” bellows the king. All the cave creatures start snorting and chuckling.

“Silence!” the king bellows, cutting his subjects off. He leans forward and grabs Zoe by the arm!

quote:

The king gazes into Zoe’s face and bellows, “if you want us to show you the way out – YOU’RE GOING TO HAVE TO EARN IT!” He lets go of her and she tumbles back to the ground next to you.

“I shall set you a task. If you can accomplish it in a certain amount of time, I will let you go free. If you cannot...” The king shakes his horned head sadly.

“Your majesty, what will happen to us if we can’t do it?” you ask bravely.

“I WILL KEEP YOU HERE AS MY SLAVES FOREVER!” he roars.

All the stone people snort and giggle as if their king just told the best joke ever.

The king claps his stony hands three times. “Bring forward the timepiece!” he commands.

quote:

Four servants hurry up the steps of the pyramid with a huge golden cage. Within the cage is an enormous hourglass. They place the timepiece in front of the king.

The king points a stony finger at you and Zoe. “You must bring me three pieces of gold from inside this mountain.” His voice echoes through the cavern. “You have one Palooka to find the gold.”

“One WHAT?” Zoe asks.

“One Palooka!” the king answers. “It’s our unit of time measurement here in the mountain.”

“Pardon me, sir,” you interject. “But do you know what that breaks down to in human time? Hours and minutes maybe?” You tap on your watch to show him what you’re talking about.

“I don’t know,” the king snaps. “Here, take my pocket timepiece.” He hands you a beautiful little hourglass in a silver box. It’s so small it fits right in your hand.

“That was a gift from my mother,” the king says, bowing his head. “If you lose it I will boil you in lava!” He doesn’t look like he’s joking either!

“On the count of three we will flip the timepieces together. ONE... TWO...”

quote:

“THREE!”

The King claps his hands three times and the servants flip the timepiece over. You do the same thing to the miniature timepiece in your hand. The sand pours through the glass. You tuck the baby hourglass into your shirt pocket. It fits perfectly.

“You have one Palooka! NOW BRING ME THREE PIECES OF GOLD!” the king bellows.

You glance around the chamber. There are tunnels everywhere.

“Come on!” you shout at Zoe. “Let’s go!”

The two of you head for the biggest tunnel leading away from the chamber.

You have one Palooka to find the gold.

Just how long is a Palooka anyway? you wonder.

quote:

You and Zoe race down the big tunnel.

“Where are we going to find gold?” you wonder aloud to Zoe.

“I don’t know,” Zoe replies. “It’s not like your average scavenger hunt. Gold is pretty hard to come by!”

The tunnel is wide and well-lit by lanterns that hang from the walls about every five feet. Smaller tunnels branch off to the sides of the main tunnel.

“Quick, let’s take this one.” Zoe chooses. She’s pointing to a tunnel that curves downward. “There might be some gold deeper down toward the center of the earth.”

Above you, you see a tunnel that goes straight up. There’s a ladder cut into the stone.

Want to take the tunnel that goes down? Turn to PAGE 14.

Want to take the ladder above you instead? Climb to PAGE 98.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
:siren:Timepiece:siren:

Bad Endings

Achievements

Rebonack7 fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Mar 14, 2018

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
Smellrose
Head on down, that tunnel system sounds like a good place to get hopelessly lost.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Go down.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

“Let’s take the tunnel that goes down!” you say. You pull the timepiece out of your pocket to check it. “Hurry, we’ve only got about two-thirds of a Palooka left!”

“Even if we do get the gold in time, do you think we’ll make it back to the group before they take off?” Zoe asks, glancing at her clunky watch. “It’s already two-thirty! We only have a half hour left!”

“Let’s worry about the gold first. If we get out of this mess, we’ll meet up with Mrs. Wheedle somehow!” you remark.

You follow Zoe down the narrow tunnel. This one is not as well-lit as the other. There’s only one lantern about every twenty feet. Even though Zoe is right in front of you, sometimes you bump into her because you can’t see her.

“Ouch!” Zoe complains. “Walk further behind me. You don’t have to walk on my heels.”

“Sorry!” you answer. “I’ll hang back a little.”

The tunnel twists and turns. Zoe gets so far ahead of you that you feel as if you’re alone.

Your sneakers crunch on the loose rocks on the floor of the path. The sound echoes down the passageway.

You can hear your heart beating. BUM-bum. BUM-bum.

quote:

You struggle along the darkly lit tunnel, listening to your heartbeat.

How will you find three pieces of gold when it’s so dark you can hardly see your hand in front of your face?

BUM-bum. BUM-bum. BUM-bum. Your heartbeat makes the only sound.

I don’t even hear Zoe’s footsteps anymore, you think to yourself as you tramp through the passageway.

That’s when the tunnel ends. That’s right. You walk smack into a rounded stone wall.

You’re in a small cave. Huge boulders block the path forward. It’s a dead end.

Where did Zoe go? She was right in front of you...

Your heartbeat speeds up! BUM-BUM. BUM-BUM. BUM-BUM.

Where is she?

quote:

Where could Zoe have gone? The tunnel is a dead end. There’s no way out and you were right behind her!

“Zoe?” you call. “Zoe! Where are you?”

Where are you? you? you? you? your voice echoes back.

That’s when you notice the tip of a shoe sticking out from behind a boulder over to your left. It’s a green shoe. The tip of it curves upward... like an elf’s shoe.

“Who’s there?” you demand.

quote:

You can’t see around the boulder to see who it is that’s wearing the weird little shoe, but you’re sure that whoever it is had something to do with the disappearance of your friend.

“Who’s there?” you repeat.

“Just me – your friendly neighborhood troll!” A tiny man steps out from behind the rock. He carries a bright lantern that casts a flood of light in the tiny chamber.

The troll is wearing a cute little mountain climber’s outfit – complete with lederhosen and striped white-and-green stockings. A white beard covers his wrinkled face. He would look like a tiny clown, but he has an evil expression on his face. His mouth is set in a hard line and his eyes, you realize with shock, are RED.

“Where’s my friend?” you ask the troll.

“Well, that’s no way to greet someone!” the fellow snaps. He walks over to you. He comes up to your waist. “My name is Cronby. What’s yours?” He extends his hand up to you. He leans toward you with his hand out, scowling. There’s something wicked in those red eyes...

Do you shake his hand? Go to PAGE 29.

Or do you avoid his handshake? Turn to PAGE 81.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Timepiece

Bad Endings

Achievements

Rebonack7 fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Mar 23, 2018

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
Smellrose
Let's be friends with the creature that definitely isn't going to eat us.

Pangurban
Apr 29, 2015

Roll for diplomacy again!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Too bad we can't offer the troll some magic cereal.

But we're not taking his hand, either

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You don’t want to be rude so you lean down to shake his hand. As you’re shaking his hand, the troll gazes into your eyes and smiles a slow, menacing smile.

Why, those eyes aren’t so bad after all! you think to yourself. I can see my reflection in them! And there’s something else.

You gaze deeper into the troll’s twirling red eyes.

There’s your mom! And your dad! There’s your house! What are they doing in there?

The eyes twist you around. You feel dizzy. The rocks of the cave are spinning. Yet you search deeper into his eyes.

Your mom and dad are crying! They’re crying over someone...

You look deeper. Deeper. Deeper into the red eyes.

THEY’RE CRYING OVER YOU! Because they’ll never see you again.

While you’ve been gazing deeper and deeper into the tiny man’s eyes, he’s been hypnotizing you. He has made you his slave for the rest of your life.

Too bad you couldn’t resist that handshake, ‘cause now you’ll never be able to resist anything the troll tells you to do.

THE END

By the way, it's funny we're meeting Cronby now, because he's actually a lot more like a leprechaun than a cave troll. Seriously, here's a picture of him from the movie tie-in game:

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Timepiece

Bad Endings
:siren:Hypnotized by a leprechaun cave troll.:siren:

Achievements

Our options posted:

• Hide from whoever's approaching.
  • Get tails on the coin flip.
  • Fight the stone beast.
  • Lead the way into the cave.
  • Run from the cave people.
  • Take the ladder up.
  • Don't shake Cronby's hand.

Rebonack7 fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Mar 23, 2018

Pangurban
Apr 29, 2015

gently caress you and your handshake, then, good sir.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

A troll hypnotised us? Without using cereal? I find that hard to believe.

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
Smellrose
Very rude. Okay, then, no handshake for you.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

“Nice to meet you, Cronby,” you say to the troll, burying your hands in your pocket. “Have you seen my friend Zoe?”

The troll wrinkles up his brow, as if he’s thinking very hard. “Is she about this tall?” he says, holding a hand up to exactly Zoe’s height. “With freckles and hair in her face and not very good manners?”

“Yeah.” You nod. “That sounds like her.”

“Yeah,” Cronby says, sticking his hands in his pockets and imitating you. “I saw which way she went.”

“Where is she?” you demand.

The troll sits down on top of a small rock and crosses his legs. “I’ll tell you where she went if you tell me what you’re doing down here! It’s not often we see human kids down here,” he says with curiosity.

“To make a long story short,” you explain, “we were chased inside the waterfall and we’ve got to find three pieces of gold for the king or we’ll be turned into slaves.”

“Ooooh! You must be scared!” he whispers.

“No, I’m not scared at all,” you say with confidence.

“Not scared at all, eh?” Cronby says, his red eyes glimmering. “Well, you’re in luck! Look what I have here.”

quote:

In Cronby’s tiny fist are two little nuggets of shimmering gold! Wow! If you could get them from the troll you’d be more than halfway home.

“I’ll play you for the gold,” Cronby bargains.

“Play what?”

“Well, since you’re not scared of anything, I’ll ask you a question about something really scary. If you get the question right, you get the gold and I’ll show you where your friend is.” So he does know about Zoe!

“What if I get the question wrong?” you ask.

“Well, then I get to keep the gold and your friend.” The troll has an evil glint in his eye. “You see, I like to eat human beings. They’re so chewy! If you lose, you have to help me carry Zoe to my kitchen. She’s too heavy for me to carry by myself.” He giggles in anticipation.

“No way!” you shout. You’d never bet on your best friend’s life.

“But I’m afraid you have no choice!” the troll whispers. “How will you save her? You don’t even know where she is!” Cronby throws his head back and laughs.

The troll is right. You must play.

quote:

“Hmmmmmm,” Cronby says, leaning up against the boulder. “Let me think...”

“Don’t think for too long,” you tell him, pulling the hourglass out of your pocket. “I’ve only got a third of a Palooka left!”

“Okay, if you’re so brave,” the troll says, “then you must read lots of scary books. Have you ever heard of R.L. Stine?”

“Of course!” you shout. Your voice echoes down the hallway. You’re a GOOSEBUMPS expert! You’re going to ace this question!

“In the book, Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes, a vicious animal scares the lawn gnomes away. Is it a bat? Or a dog?”

Easy, you think to yourself.

Either say: "It was a bat!" and flip to PAGE 90.

Or say: "It was a dog!" and flip to PAGE 30.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Timepiece

Bad Endings
Hypnotized by a leprechaun cave troll.

Achievements

Rebonack7 fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 23, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Bats an easy question.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Oh hey, I was wondering when we'd get a trivia question. It's a dog.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Tied, next vote takes it.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Bat.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

“It was a bat,” you say with confidence.

“WRONG!” the troll screams. He’s delighted. “It was a dog. I win! Now I’m going to have kids stew! And roast child! And girl casserole!”

“But I was sure it was a bat!” you insist.

“It was not a bat!” Cronby yells. “Not a bat!”

“It was a big bat!” you insist. “A big bat!”

Cronby makes it into a little song. “Not a bat! Not a bat! Not a bat!” His voice gets louder and louder, rising in pitch until it’s a screech.

As he sings his awful song, another sound fills the tunnel as well. It’s a fluttering sound, a whoosh!

Cronby’s screeches fade away as the flapping gets louder and louder. A giant, hairy bat lands on top of the boulder!

quote:

You can’t believe your eyes! The bat is the most hideous thing you’ve ever seen. Its wings are folded around its hairy round body. It has enormous ears that are so thin you can see the veins running through them. Two beady black eyes are watching you and Cronby carefully.

The bat opens its mouth and talks! “What did you say about me?”

“Oh, no!” Cronby shouts. “I wasn’t talking to you!”

“I heard you,” the bat says. “You said ‘naughty bat!’”

“I wasn’t talking to you, I swear!” Cronby stammers.

“I’ll teach you to call people names!” the bat squeaks.

“I guess I’ll just be going,” you mutter, trying to slip away.

“Oh, no you don’t,” the bat squeaks turning to you. “I heard you call me a ‘bad bat.’”

You try to argue with the bat, telling it that you just said “big bat.”

But bats seem to think they have very good hearing!

So much for that theory! But one thing this bat does have is very good teeth. Too bad for you and Cronby.

THE END

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Timepiece

Bad Endings
:siren:Accidentally pissed off a giant bat with hearing problems.:siren:

Achievements

Our options posted:

• Hide from whoever's approaching.
  • Get tails on the coin flip.
  • Fight the stone beast.
  • Lead the way into the cave.
  • Run from the cave people.
  • Take the ladder up.
  • Answer Cronby's question correctly.

Rebonack7 fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 23, 2018

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Welp, at least Cronby went down with us.

Naturally, the natural enemies of lawn gnomes are canines, so let's say it was a dog!

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
Smellrose

PumpkinBat posted:

Welp, at least Cronby went down with us.

You're doggone right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

“It was a dog. Joe and Mindy’s dog, Buster,” you say with confidence.

You watch as the troll’s face turns scarlet. His skin almost matches the fiery color of his eyes.

“NO! NO! NO!” he screams.

“You mean I got it wrong?” you gasp.

“No! You got it right! I made the question too easy!”

Excellent! You did it!

“NO! NO! NO!” Cronby screeches, throwing his body on the ground and hammering it with his tiny fists. “I haven’t had a meal in twenty years,” the troll moans.

“That’s your problem! I won fair and square!” you declare. “Now show me where Zoe is and give me my gold!”

“Why don’t you give me one last chance? We could bet for another piece of gold...” he wheedles. “That way you would have all three and you could go free.”

You hesitate. “I don’t know.”

“Come on, it will be fun!” he pleads. “I’ll ask you another R.L. Stine question. After all, time is running out.”

It’s a hard call, but you’ve got to make a decision:

Do you bet for the third piece of gold? Turn to PAGE 114.

Or do you grab Zoe and the two pieces of gold and get away from the troll? Turn to PAGE 38.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Timepiece
:siren:2 Gold Pieces:siren:

Bad Endings
Accidentally pissed off a giant bat with hearing problems.

Achievements