Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Solemn Sloth posted:

It’s outside the rules (electorate staff should not be performing political tasks in an election), the ombudsman has accepted the MPs version of events that they did not realise what they did was in breach of the rules, and the Labor party has paid the State back prior to these findings being released.

Yes what they did was wrong, up to you whether you believe they didn’t know what they were doing was wrong at the time they were doing it, it pales in comparison to LNP corruption.

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Robodog posted:

Can they use this argument to get the afl to let the girls kick a loving full sized ball like normal?

would be good.

NTRabbit posted:

In 2016 my local club across the road had 0 women's teams. In 2017 they had an open (16+) women's team, and enough U14 girls players to put out a 14 or so player team. This year they have a women's team, a women's U18 team, a girls U16 team, and a girls U14 team

Victoria went from 50 women's teams in 2011 to 1000 in 2017.

bandaid.friend posted:

Last I heard Seven was refusing to broadcast the women's league on the main channel and to advertise games

They got the rights for two years for free. Zero cost to the afl to show games. They were rewarded with massive ratings for the first season, lots of free advertising money, pure profit and no cost to them apart from staff wages.

But from next season the rights will be sold off, so rumours are they are tanking the aflw so the cost will be lower due to poor ratings/interest etc. Here's hoping Channel 10 come in and try to swipe it off from channel 7 like they have done with the WBBL with channel 9.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Mar 23, 2018

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

DancingShade posted:

Was it on advertiser revenue grounds or something else?

I meant Seven aren't promoting their own broadcast of the AFL

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

CrazyTolradi posted:

I suppose rugby is fun if you're into watching fisting.

Nah, even John Hopoate only managed to fit in a couple of fingers at most.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Did someone say Rugby League?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Stop quoting from my thread's op

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

iajanus posted:

Stop quoting from my thread's op

It's not animated in your op.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

the sims is a bit more open ended than i remember

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Chris Kenny slowly unzips his pants.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
I'm a Queenslander with a minimal interest in sport, which means I've watched every State of Origin and 0 games of AFL. AFL looks dumb.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/hannahhollis_/status/970943737562984448

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Don't tease us like that Queensland. :(

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Please don't dox my house

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Why is there a bloke posing like Rosie the Riveter ffs

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The most terrifying escape room

https://twitter.com/Kloeckner_IR/status/941003749308452864

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

QUEENSLAND!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Awesome, they came through with the stubby holder. Ca-ching!

hawaiian_robot
Dec 5, 2006

And I'm happy just to sit here,
At a table with old friends.
And see which one of us can tell the biggest lies
To people who say “Diversity is good because we get to eat lots of different food from different cultures”...
Well aside from the fact that I don’t think ‘exotic food experiences’ make up for rape, terrorism, racially motivated murder, rampant car-jackings, home invasions and possible societal collapse, I will tell you a story of my experience with ‘food from another culture’ that you might find interesting.
I went to an Ethiopian restaurant about a year ago in northern Melbourne.
My girlfriend at that time had previously lived in Africa for a year or two while accompanying her old man who was a manager of sorts for an international oil company. She consistently talked about how delicious ‘Ethiopian’ was. I doubted it from the beginning but my appreciation for her and for food compelled me to book a table for us there one Friday night.
Bless their hearts for trying but it was terrible. Running the place was an older African woman and her early–twenties son. No one else was there. Plastic chairs and plastic placemats on top of bedsheets for tablecloth. No serviettes and no cutlery (none at all) because ‘that’s their culture’.
The menu consisted of various medium meat slops or large meat slops. I suggested we just buy the largest meat slop and go for it together which was instinctive of me because apparently that’s how you order. You don’t order your own meals you just order once and everyone eats off the same oversized plate –with their hands.
But ‘homemade style’ bread which looks like pancakes was necessary to ‘scoop’ the meat slop from the central feeding trough without actually getting it all over yourself and the table.
I had to request more of the bread because we didn’t have nearly enough to eat without actually scooping our hands into the slop itself, but we were told there was no more available.
I insisted that we box it up and eat what remained at home with a fork/spoon and so that’s what we did.
This experience really put into perspective how primitive this culture is when compared with our own. Even though the restaurant was styled as a ‘cultural experience’ I had never realised how much more socially developed and eloquent our food preparations and eating styles were compared to what these people consider normal. In reality I had not experienced any actual culture at all by eating there, I had experienced a small episode of African poverty –And the reality of that poverty in most of Africa is probably far worse than what I had endured at this trendy Melbourne eatery. I could picture 20 black children all fighting each other to devour with their bare and dirty hands probably only a small fraction of what we had purchased at that restaurant.
It was a gloomy affair. But how was the food itself? Well the bones weren’t removed from the meat chunks in the slop which made for uncomfortable eating. Included in the slop were beans, crushed tomatoes and various spices which weren’t fully mixed through the slop, making some portions inedible due to being ridiculously spicy and other areas on the plate less than mild.
It was something I would never do again. But as I already said, this dinner really put things into perspective for me and I think many privileged ‘academic’ Leftists often mistake poverty for culture.
I certainly learned to fully appreciate the food and eating styles of my own culture and people: Clean cuts of seasoned or marinated meat accompanied by hearty vegetables followed by sweets to spike insulin production which helps the body to break down and shuttle nutrients to the muscles, my own plate from which only I eat, knives, forks, spoons, serviettes, etc.
Our culture is a great culture.
:australia:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

hawaiian_robot posted:

To people who say “Diversity is good because we get to eat lots of different food from different cultures”...
Well aside from the fact that I don’t think ‘exotic food experiences’ make up for rape, terrorism, racially motivated murder, rampant car-jackings, home invasions and possible societal collapse, I will tell you a story of my experience with ‘food from another culture’ that you might find interesting.
My girlfriend at that time had previously lived in Africa for a year or two while accompanying her old man who was a manager of sorts for an international oil company. She consistently talked about how delicious ‘Ethiopian’ was. I doubted it from the beginning but my appreciation for her and for food compelled me to book a table for us there one Friday night.
Bless their hearts for trying but it was terrible. Running the place was an older African woman and her early–twenties son. No one else was there. Plastic chairs and plastic placemats on top of bedsheets for tablecloth. No serviettes and no cutlery (none at all) because ‘that’s their culture’.
The menu consisted of various medium meat slops or large meat slops. I suggested we just buy the largest meat slop and go for it together which was instinctive of me because apparently that’s how you order. You don’t order your own meals you just order once and everyone eats off the same oversized plate –with their hands.
But ‘homemade style’ bread which looks like pancakes was necessary to ‘scoop’ the meat slop from the central feeding trough without actually getting it all over yourself and the table.
I had to request more of the bread because we didn’t have nearly enough to eat without actually scooping our hands into the slop itself, but we were told there was no more available.
I insisted that we box it up and eat what remained at home with a fork/spoon and so that’s what we did.
This experience really put into perspective how primitive this culture is when compared with our own. Even though the restaurant was styled as a ‘cultural experience’ I had never realised how much more socially developed and eloquent our food preparations and eating styles were compared to what these people consider normal. In reality I had not experienced any actual culture at all by eating there, I had experienced a small episode of African poverty –And the reality of that poverty in most of Africa is probably far worse than what I had endured at this trendy Melbourne eatery. I could picture 20 black children all fighting each other to devour with their bare and dirty hands probably only a small fraction of what we had purchased at that restaurant.
It was a gloomy affair. But how was the food itself? Well the bones weren’t removed from the meat chunks in the slop which made for uncomfortable eating. Included in the slop were beans, crushed tomatoes and various spices which weren’t fully mixed through the slop, making some portions inedible due to being ridiculously spicy and other areas on the plate less than mild.
It was something I would never do again. But as I already said, this dinner really put things into perspective for me and I think many privileged ‘academic’ Leftists often mistake poverty for culture.
I certainly learned to fully appreciate the food and eating styles of my own culture and people: Clean cuts of seasoned or marinated meat accompanied by hearty vegetables followed by sweets to spike insulin production which helps the body to break down and shuttle nutrients to the muscles, my own plate from which only I eat, knives, forks, spoons, serviettes, etc.

Caleb bond doesn’t have a girlfriend

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I hope that person's girlfriend left them.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

There's an Ethiopian restaurant somewhat near me that I haven't been to yet. I like eating spicy mush with unleavened bread so maybe I'll go.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Sourdough pancakes are the best things ever

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

noice

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I manage to work with students from all over the globe - INCLUDING SUDAN - without making GBS threads my pants which you might think is no real feat but looking at some of these fb posts it's apparently quite the achievement.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

drunkill posted:

would be good.

Victoria went from 50 women's teams in 2011 to 1000 in 2017.

They got the rights for two years for free. Zero cost to the afl to show games. They were rewarded with massive ratings for the first season, lots of free advertising money, pure profit and no cost to them apart from staff wages.

But from next season the rights will be sold off, so rumours are they are tanking the aflw so the cost will be lower due to poor ratings/interest etc. Here's hoping Channel 10 come in and try to swipe it off from channel 7 like they have done with the WBBL with channel 9.

My local club has about 40 excess girls this year, we werent allowed to run a 3rds because the Vafa isn't equipped to deal with the numbers yet, not enough grounds.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

It's not animated in your op.

I was forced to be super nice and family friendly in the op this year

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
That’s the loving whitest thing I’ve ever read.

hawaiian_robot
Dec 5, 2006

And I'm happy just to sit here,
At a table with old friends.
And see which one of us can tell the biggest lies

Krabboss posted:

There's an Ethiopian restaurant somewhat near me that I haven't been to yet. I like eating spicy mush with unleavened bread so maybe I'll go.

It's pretty decent food.

Just had to share blair cottrell getting mad about having to use his hands to eat bread and meat. apparently sharing off the same plate, and not being able to have sweets after the meal are cultural marxism or something now.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

GREENWOOD

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Krabboss posted:

Ethiopian is properly good food.
Went with an actual Ethiopian person once, holy poo poo that food was amazing.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

I agree lets turn this into the footy thread

Essendon have committed some shocking turnovers, but the two new guys from Adelaide look really great, Doedee in particular.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
What kind of idiot can't understand the concept of eating food using bread. if you dont like injera with wat you're a loving dropkick

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

hiddenmovement posted:

I agree lets turn this into the footy thread

Essendon have committed some shocking turnovers, but the two new guys from Adelaide look really great, Doedee in particular.

Oh gently caress wrong thread :laffo:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

ethiopian is great and just jesus christ at that article

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

I am certain that this man has never had a sandwich or hamburger because of how uncivilised and backwards eating bread with meat on it is

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

hawaiian_robot posted:

Borrow the TARDIS from Doctor Who, dump this person in revolutionary France and tell them to go order lunch.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

DancingShade posted:

Borrow the TARDIS from Doctor Who, dump this person in space.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Our food preparation is so eloquent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Gizmo is angry about the Tigers being robbed

Also that I've been drinking and he's not invited

• Locked thread