Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My Spider-Man got shipped earlier than I hoped and through a bunch of bullshit I missed him by a day(I just back into town yesterday)

So I gotta wait until Sideshow can reship him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hot Toys hinted at a new Obi Wan figure this morning. Could possibly be PT Obi Wan which will pair up very nice with Anakin coming soon.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The_Doctor posted:

Those posts on Reddit where people seem to have a Hot Toys room with about 20 detolfs just run their own country.

Like so. This owner states "Not rich, It's just my career allows a bit of financial freedom, that is all." Also, this isn't the whole collection. :psyduck:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The_Doctor posted:

Like so. This owner states "Not rich, It's just my career allows a bit of financial freedom, that is all." Also, this isn't the whole collection. :psyduck:

Lol nobody thinks they're rich

E: this guy is rich

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No Batman armory, 4/10.

Edit: Nevermind, of course he has it. Forgot it fits a Detolf shelf.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Mar 23, 2018

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The_Doctor posted:

Hot Toys are neat as something I would never buy, but man do they look creepy like this. Looks like some sci-fi villain colllector.

gregday
May 23, 2003

This discussion reminds me, my accurate Scarecrow Straightjacket should be ready by tomorrow.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
To be fair, there a few in there that aren't hot toys, so they are less expensive.

Still, one bigass collection.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The_Doctor posted:

Must be nice to be a bachelor with no responsibilities and an intense amount of disposable income.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Excellent collection but it's kinda boring and static. Doesn't appear to be any lighting and it's too much in one place and a lot of boring poses.

That's a fuckload of money though - the 3 1/4 scale ones are like $500+ each. Then you have the Batwing which was even more.

Lighting can fix everything though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Speaking of overpriced comics stuff, TRU in Canada has dropped the price of the crazy Justice League RC Batmobile by 50%.

(It's still $130.)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

The_Doctor posted:

Such boring poses.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jor-El (I think?) staring at his hand is a great pose what are you talking about

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I bet that guy has the $1,000 Thanos glove preordered to replace that pathetic $100 Hasbro placeholder.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vintersorg posted:

Excellent collection but it's kinda boring and static. Doesn't appear to be any lighting and it's too much in one place and a lot of boring poses.

That's a fuckload of money though - the 3 1/4 scale ones are like $500+ each. Then you have the Batwing which was even more.

Lighting can fix everything though.

How do you just have Akiba Yellow?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

Jor-El (I think?) staring at his hand is a great pose what are you talking about

I think that might be that codex skull thing.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's not me. :3:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Louisgod posted:

Must be nice to be a bachelor with no responsibilities and an intense amount of disposable income.

Why does he have to be a bachelor? lol

Fuzz posted:

Such boring poses.

If you're going to spend THAT much money at least have them interacting with each other or doing something better than just standing there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can always tell if the collector is single or not by how low Black Widow's zipper is.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

I can only assume they've never seen a good sentai and just bought Yellow because she was discounted heavily (like every Akiba). Which that reminds me, I should really complete my akiba figuarts, I just need the bad guys and the car.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

s.i.r.e. posted:

Why does he have to be a bachelor? lol

I mean I could be wrong but I enjoy poking at people with obscenely big Hot Toys collections.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

If you like to check out hot toys displays, check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1IQIO9rdiY by Cincynerd on youtube. Hot Toys aren't my thing since I like comic based depictions (yay Mezco), but he's got a really nice setup / collection.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Louisgod posted:

I mean I could be wrong but I enjoy poking at people with obscenely big Hot Toys collections.

Vs your huge Nintendo toys collection? :cheeky:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Vintersorg posted:

Vs your huge Nintendo toys collection? :cheeky:

That cost $9 each. :v:

e: minus a few exceptions.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pose your goddang hot toys. That’s like the reason why you get them. Incredible sculpts and almost endless poses.

Deadpool’s the only one I don’t mess with too much, I don’t want to mess up his suit long term, so I change it up every once in a while

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I don’t have a lot of Hot Toys but I’ve got my “Sneaky” Iron Man posed as if he’s hovering and making a repulsor blast, I think he looks pretty neat. :shobon:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I had Star Lord doing some Michael Jackson moves but I needed the space so now he just points guns.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

one halloween i set up my entire marvel legends shelf doing the Thriller dance.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
If you want Hot Toys, buy used on the sixth scale facebook groups. I paid $115 shipped for my stealth suit captain america. It's not like there's going to be wear and tear on them from sitting in a Detolf, and someone else will already have done the quality control for you.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Hot Toys have kinda poo poo articulation, honestly. Mezcos have the same issue, cloth goods just hinder the movement more often than not, especially when it's tight fitting. They use that stretchier stuff for things like Spidey, but they're still limited and you don't even want to pose them a lot because, as you said, cloth wear is totally a thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but visible joints are gross. You gotta make a sacrifice somewhere.

One costs way less of course.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but visible joints are gross. You gotta make a sacrifice somewhere.

One costs way less of course.

This.

The super articulated expensive figures here don’t do it for me as they’re just covered in joints and ruin the look.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
In general, I go for the hot toys and sixth scale stuff cause the head sculpts are amazing (most of the time).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

This.

The super articulated expensive figures here don’t do it for me as they’re just covered in joints and ruin the look.

The only one I have is Gwen because gross twisted joints and bulgey muscles where they shouldn't be is Spider- aesthetic.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Spider-Man is the exception. I have that toybiz McFarlane Spider-Man that was super articulated but the waist crunch joint completely fused together and won’t move any more. It’s okay though, I mean that fucker is oooolld. His paint is just gone in half the spots.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

If you like to check out hot toys displays, check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1IQIO9rdiY by Cincynerd on youtube. Hot Toys aren't my thing since I like comic based depictions (yay Mezco), but he's got a really nice setup / collection.

This is cool, can anyone estimate how much a collection like this costs? Even at the cheapest if he got all the figures on sale.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Most if not all hot toys go for double if not triple on the secondary market. Even failed releases pick up hard later on.

The doctor strange I got is already hitting the 3-400 range. I was shocked when I saw it at retail. Spider-Man is gonna go big soon too. I’d snag him while you can.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m thinking of selling my jack sparrow dx6 because my love for that series has sailed but the problem is due to both bad circumstances and at one point bad directions to fix something, he’s not in perfect condition. Also I think half of his accessories are gone. No idea how much that would go for.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

s.i.r.e. posted:

This is cool, can anyone estimate how much a collection like this costs? Even at the cheapest if he got all the figures on sale.

Prices have gone up over the years for just retail and as CP said the resale market is insane for figures. I always wanted Hot Toys Dutch but missed it and now it's like $650 to $800 if not more!

Think $200-225 per figure on average thought at retail. For instance, my 89 Joker was $249 probably cause of Nicholson's likeness.

Granted... it's one of the best figures ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also Iron Men are more like $275 because they have diecast parts.