Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Shadowlyger posted:

Important: Were you playing with other people, or with AI?

Because AI teammates are loving worthless to Abathur.

They are even worthless if you are playing someone like Kael'Thas. That is... until you get infinite living bombs at level 20, because then you ace them with a single bomb.

Next time I'm playing AI vs AI to decide on a skin + mount combo I'll just quit it, there is no punishment for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Mierenneuker posted:

They are even worthless if you are playing someone like Kael'Thas. That is... until you get infinite living bombs at level 20, because then you ace them with a single bomb.

Next time I'm playing AI vs AI to decide on a skin + mount combo I'll just quit it, there is no punishment for that.

Can't you just use Try mode for that?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Last time I checked Try Mode had no way to try a skin AND a mount, even if you already own them both.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Shibawanko posted:

Oh come on

I'm not playing loving Morales again, game. I think I'll try UR or just grind out a bunch of games with other heroes so whatever algorithm they use gets the message.

stukov...

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

So this is a thing: https://www.speedrun.com/Heroes_of_the_Storm

There is a leaderboard for each class, where you try to 1v0 (you + minions vs only minions) 3 maps in a row...

There's also 5 player vs 5 AI, with a leaderboard for each map:

Via reddit

I have no interest but perhaps some of y'all "play the game vs. AI to relax" guys can get competitive too :v:

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Gul'Dan would be the best hero for that 1v0 challenge IMHO.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Moths are flying out of my gold wallet, I need to complete a few more quests to be able to afford him. Better use Morales to complete these quests quickly.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Dietrich posted:

Prove it :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dietrich posted:

The current leader is actually Zul'jin. 17m23s.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Kyrosiris posted:

The current leader is actually Zul'jin. 17m23s.

Have there only been 3 runs submitted or does this only show the top 3 runs?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Reminder that, for some weird reason, they time it from first game through end of 3rd game including downtime between games so 17m23s doesn't really work out to 5 1/2 min per game, it's a bit less.

Hopefully if you want to compete you already own an SSD :v:

e:

Dietrich posted:

Have there only been 3 runs submitted or does this only show the top 3 runs?

Looks like only 3 submitted for Assassin in the current era. There's a filter to show "obsoleted runs" from before SPEEDRUN META-DEFINING reworks

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

BrianBoitano posted:

Looks like only 3 submitted for Assassin in the current era. There's a filter to show "obsoleted runs" from before SPEEDRUN META-DEFINING reworks

Lol 4 runs submitted total.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
As s/he writes in the reddit post, "While we currently have a community of 5-6 players". They seem to hope that it will catch on now though.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

BrianBoitano posted:

Reminder that, for some weird reason, they time it from first game through end of 3rd game including downtime between games so 17m23s doesn't really work out to 5 1/2 min per game, it's a bit less.

Hopefully if you want to compete you already own an SSD :v:

I mean that's normal for RTA timing. :v:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Shibawanko posted:

Oh come on

I'm not playing loving Morales again, game. I think I'll try UR or just grind out a bunch of games with other heroes so whatever algorithm they use gets the message.

So be tassadar

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Here's my daily-chat contribution : the zero-overlap trifecta!

I thought they abandoned the system where you keep getting dailies based on what you've been playing recently. Or did they and this is just random?

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Kalko posted:

Here's my daily-chat contribution : the zero-overlap trifecta!

I thought they abandoned the system where you keep getting dailies based on what you've been playing recently. Or did they and this is just random?

Looks like you're in for two games of unranked draft.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

New Brawl!

Looks like it's weird-orientation ARAM with lots of conveyor belts:

(snipped from random twitch stream just so I could see the map)

Most important part is :siren: it's only 2 games to get the loot chest :siren:

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Dietrich posted:

Looks like you're in for two games of unranked draft.

I wish. I would play it over QM all the time but it simply doesn't pop in Australia. Ever.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

HL then?

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Kalko posted:

I wish. I would play it over QM all the time but it simply doesn't pop in Australia. Ever.

There was a pro player from Australia that queued for 24 hours, and only got a game after he made a reddit thread about it, causing a bunch of other Australians to also queue.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I am kind of curious where it would place me but being reminded exactly who my peers are in this game always makes me sad.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Honest question: Why do people seemingly play only to finish the quests and want to play the absolute minimum number of games to do so? Do you not like the game but feel compelled to keep doing the quests? Do you only play Murky but still want to stockpile gold for some reason?

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Because people with real lives and jobs and stuff can't spend hours and hours grinding on a dead gay moba so they just do their dailies.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I still enjoy the game but I've been playing pretty sporadically for the last six months or so as the friends I used to play with lost interest and other games came along to distract me (Civilization 6 expansion, R6 Siege, Gwent, Slay the Spire, etc). I really enjoy leveling heroes (RIP master skins) but doing that solo even with a stimpack feels like a huge grind.

HotS is the background game I play when I don't feel like opening something else. The core gameplay is incredibly solid and I still love grabbing each new hero. I was disappointed that they're slowing down the hero releases now because lately the only times I've binged have been new releases, but eh, what are you going to do.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I get it. I used to only have time to play on the weekend, which means I'd "lose" quest opportunities since Mon + Tue + Wed quests would prevent Thurs from popping a new one. Those times, I'd try to find 15 min to do two AI games.

I can also see novelty junkies bored of HotS in general but doing the chore quests in AI to keep awash with gold so they can buy the newest hero, jam them for a week, then quit playing "real games" HotS until the next hero is released.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Kalko posted:

I still enjoy the game but I've been playing pretty sporadically for the last six months or so as the friends I used to play with lost interest and other games came along to distract me (Civilization 6 expansion, R6 Siege, Gwent, Slay the Spire, etc). I really enjoy leveling heroes (RIP master skins) but doing that solo even with a stimpack feels like a huge grind.

HotS is the background game I play when I don't feel like opening something else. The core gameplay is incredibly solid and I still love grabbing each new hero. I was disappointed that they're slowing down the hero releases now because lately the only times I've binged have been new releases, but eh, what are you going to do.

Yeah, the game is okay, but now that most of my friends have moved on I only do half a dozen games or so a week. If that.

It also feels more stompy. A lot of my games in gold league end with one side never losing a fort. And I can't think of a single comeback in forever. The winner feels determined early, but its still gold league so the teams won't end when they can so the games go on forever. I played a game last night where the enemy team was at 18 to 15, wiped us while defending a keep and they didn't lose anybody. So they should demolish the keep and hit the core right? No, instead they sprint all the way back to get the siege camps on their side of the map.

Games take forever.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Mar 23, 2018

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

BrianBoitano posted:

New Brawl!

(snipped from random twitch stream just so I could see the map)

Most important part is :siren: it's only 2 games to get the loot chest :siren:

nothing makes me want to watch twitch streams more than the streamer staring directly at me the whole time

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
The much slower hero release schedule coupled with the news that a bunch of developers have been shifted off this game to work on overwatch killed most of my desire to play. Most of my friends haven't logged in in weeks. poo poo I haven't played in weeks, not sure why I still follow this thread.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Olaf The Stout posted:

... a bunch of developers have been shifted off this game to work on overwatch

"This seems like typical reddit sky-is-falling-ism. Let me check on the health of the game mysel--

:ohdear:

e: we won't really know until we get 2017 financials. I could listen to the recording of the Q4 2017 investor's call but :effort:

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 23, 2018

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Gettin to this thread late but it’s a crime that Loudmouth Larry isn’t an announcer

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

No Wave posted:

I've never played AI vs AI. I think the scariest AIs now are Garrosh, Alarak, and Probius, and their best map is tomb of the spider queen (ai is still hopeless on less standard maps like BHB and Braxis). They're quite decent at Cursed Hollow as well. You still need a very terrible team to lose ofc (one of my teammates for the Kel'Thuzad loss had hundreds of ai games played and a 92% win rate).

The AI has gotten a lot more aggressive in general over the last chunk of patches. They'll happily dump on a single lane if they're unopposed and they stay on top of camps to a fault - on Sky Temple they'll take their warrior camp then beeline over to take your warrior camp. After a certain point they'll take boss if they have the opening.

They're actually better than they used to be on BHB. They're more aware of the objective and since they're more proactive about camps they can actually build up some gold to turn in. It's still pretty lopsided though.

I don't think there's any maps they're particularly bad at, actually, but I also regularly get teams that can't handle objectives, never take camps, and certainly aren't aware enough to check boss, so. :v:

BrianBoitano posted:

The map was previously used in a Protector brawl. It sucks a whole lot, because the conveyors are a death trap and not fun at all and instead of a proper push camp you get turrets.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
The AI is also now perternaturally good at dodging skillshots. Even ones that they shouldn't be able to see because you're invisible/they don't leave a marker.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Doesn't Overwatch itself outsource a bunch of art of skins and such?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Kurieg posted:

The AI is also now perternaturally good at dodging skillshots. Even ones that they shouldn't be able to see because you're invisible/they don't leave a marker.
Playing as Kerrigan vs maiev in lane was unbelievably aggravating. Not one you need to be preternaturally good to dodge ofc, but her cooldown being lower than mine was absurd and she dodged the combo with it 100% of the time.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The AI is also insanely hyper-aware of its capabilities now. I've seen Varian bot escape stuff with his E and Alarak is smart enough to self-W when needed.

I really hate their allergy to specific skillshots because it makes certain heroes arbitrarily garbage to play. They'll bathe in lurking arm all day until they drop to 20% HP, meanwhile they'll do everything in their power to avoid being hit by a single tick of blizzard.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Olaf The Stout posted:

The much slower hero release schedule coupled with the news that a bunch of developers have been shifted off this game to work on overwatch killed most of my desire to play.

What's the source for this?

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

I think the slower release schedule makes sense. They have a huge roster now and while not as big as day league of legend they can divert some resources into a different game for a little while.

Aside from Superman(lol) blackthorne and a rock and roll racer as fan picks I think they’re in a good spot for blizzard ips

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

this morning I duo queued into TL with a friend of mine. The three stack we got paired with said they wanted to go cho’gall auriel, sure. My buddy first picked chromie to try to bait them into a counter build. I went blaze, then we got auriel.

They loving banned Cho in the second ban phase. Absolutely savage snipe.

we still beat them 20-0 in like 11 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Number of heroes isn't really the problem with this game, it's a bunch of other stuff. They need to divert resources into fixing maps and existing heroes as well as the ranked modes. So far it seems they are doing a couple hero reworks, hopefully we don't go forever without a peep after Fenix.