Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You put an ignite gem in your ngamahu.

If we are talking about Ngamahu cyclone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

euphronius posted:

Why? Ele Focus is more damage. I mean if you really need the End charges I guess.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

For endu charges. If you take that ascendency node.

42% increased fire damage at 7 end. Which is less than a more damage I know.

euphronius fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 23, 2018

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I went that route for mine. Eye of Innoceonce and Mokou's give me all the ignite chance I need.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

euphronius posted:

After a bunch of testing Herald of Ash seemed to be enough for me to keep up end charges.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
I see... since i only got 5 sockets in my ngamu (dont have the orbs to try for 6 yet) ill stay with charges for now (no elem. focus).

Whats the verdict on Bronns?
On paper it sounds nice, though no life on chest hurts a lot and were talking all off colors except 1 green...

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The attack speed on brons is 25% which is huge.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I see... since i only got 5 sockets in my ngamu (dont have the orbs to try for 6 yet) ill stay with charges for now (no elem. focus).

Whats the verdict on Bronns?
On paper it sounds nice, though no life on chest hurts a lot and were talking all off colors except 1 green...

More DPS, more AoE, less health. take your pick of tradeoffs.

See what your damage looks like with some suboptimal cyclone links, but honestly the meatballs do most of the boss dps, and more spinning means more meatballs.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
saving up chromes then...

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

Insurrectionist posted:

Someone tell me where I made a booboo with Hypothermia already https://pastebin.com/Y5FyCFCZ

E: https://imgur.com/a/bnMh2
E2: an actual POB bug???

Quote from a few pages back but I just want to state just how fantastic of a job Openarl does with POB. He's the guy that's been maintaining it. I was online when Insurrectionist was having this problem with Hypothermia, and he, myself, and a couple other goons were able to deduce that the latest update was causing the problem. Right after figuring this out, I let him know about the bug and he said he would take a look.

36 hours later...

I wanted to make sure I highlighted the Patreon button (usually located at the bottom left), because if you're blessed enough to have some disposable income, this guy seriously deserves it! He does an awesome job and POB easily is the best offline video game tool I've ever had the pleasure of using.

Just in case someone was wondering, I am NOT Openarl

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Oh hey I was around for that too. He also replied to insurrectionist on reddit like right away, dude is better than the PoE community deserves.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008
Keeping up with tradition, a Wander every league, this time it's going to be something a little different, a CI Trickster. As good as Pathfinders are, I've been dying for something different. I've also wanted to get back to the old Wandin' glory days, where it was either CI or lowlife.

Anyway, here's the tree: http://poeurl.com/bQIv

Not totally finalized, but the changes I'd make are really small. For example, Fury Bolts and Art of the Gladiator instead of Forces of Nature. Or just heading straight down from Ghost Reaver for the power charge and socket. Anyway, should be fun.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

I was gonna try CI as you can now get 50+ es on hit with discipline watcher's eye (30) and one of the spider items (20), and I think ES recovery affects es on hit, not sure tho, don't know if anyone has tried it really, but you can maybe get up to like 100+ ES on hit and skip leech all together which is a poo poo ton of nodes you get to free up.

Was gonna try it but people had the most insane delusions about watcher's eye prices at the league start so I never got around to it.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Can I get a guild invite? IGN ToroRojo in Bestiary

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Jean Eric Burn posted:

I was gonna try CI as you can now get 50+ es on hit with discipline watcher's eye (30) and one of the spider items (20), and I think ES recovery affects es on hit, not sure tho, don't know if anyone has tried it really, but you can maybe get up to like 100+ ES on hit and skip leech all together which is a poo poo ton of nodes you get to free up.

Was gonna try it but people had the most insane delusions about watcher's eye prices at the league start so I never got around to it.

ES recovery does effect es on hit, and if you go nuts you can stack up to 210% for 155 es on hit. That is a double ES watchers eye though, so that wont be cheap.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if any of you buy the new portal can you post a pic of it on the hideout map device please

e: found it. https://imgur.com/JGP1gNE

maybe dont buy if map device usability is important to you

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Mar 23, 2018

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I went with Ramako and Hinekora for my chieftain ngamahu, I dunno why you'd bother taking tukohama at all. Herald of ash gives you plenty of ignites to get charges without needing to do any crazy poo poo with ignite gems or special uniques.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Awesome! posted:

if any of you buy the new portal can you post a pic of it on the hideout map device please

e: found it. https://imgur.com/JGP1gNE

maybe dont buy if map device usability is important to you

that looks so bad lmao

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
With 3-of-one-color now costing 120 chromes, is it still better to go with 2-of-the-same and hope for random 3rd?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Yolomon Wayne posted:

With 3-of-one-color now costing 120 chromes, is it still better to go with 2-of-the-same and hope for random 3rd?

3 color crafts are for forcing off colors on your 6 link. 3 and 4 links are almost always better off just chrome spamming.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Yolomon Wayne posted:

For difficult coloring jobs it's usually better to use jewellers via the vorici trick. Do these recipes at vorici's bench:

Two sockets.
Two colors that you want.
Three sockets. If the third socket is the color you want, great. If not, do the two socket recipe again, and then do the three socket recipe again to reroll the third socket as many times as it takes. The trick here is that using vorici's bench for the socket recipes won't reroll the sockets that already exist.

If you need to offcolor more sockets, you can keep going with this. 4 socket, 3 socket, 4 socket bench recipe until you get a 4th socket, and so on.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don't understand this.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s used in popular Jugg builds. Juggs are like 15% if all builds at the moment.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I don't understand this.

I just bought the King's Path last night for 135c for this thing.

My build will have 9-10 endurance charges, this is 4% life per second regen from a single ring.
It's also going to include a Nebuloch so it's literally all about endurance charges, being on fire and regenning to not die from being on fire.

Crabjugg has been a lot of fun so far even before the crabs.

I need a second Kaom's Way, but I am going nuts trying to fit in stats and resists in just neck/belt/gloves, so I may have to go with a resist ring instead.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Kalas posted:

I just bought the King's Path last night for 135c for this thing.

My build will have 9-10 endurance charges, this is 4% life per second regen from a single ring.
It's also going to include a Nebuloch so it's literally all about endurance charges, being on fire and regenning to not die from being on fire.

Crabjugg has been a lot of fun so far even before the crabs.

I need a second Kaom's Way, but I am going nuts trying to fit in stats and resists in just neck/belt/gloves, so I may have to go with a resist ring instead.

dont endurance charges give resists anymore?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

J posted:

For difficult coloring jobs it's usually better to use jewellers via the vorici trick. Do these recipes at vorici's bench:

Two sockets.
Two colors that you want.
Three sockets. If the third socket is the color you want, great. If not, do the two socket recipe again, and then do the three socket recipe again to reroll the third socket as many times as it takes. The trick here is that using vorici's bench for the socket recipes won't reroll the sockets that already exist.

If you need to offcolor more sockets, you can keep going with this. 4 socket, 3 socket, 4 socket bench recipe until you get a 4th socket, and so on.

Yeah, problem is im not that richj at the moment.
First toon in league, 3 days old.
Trying to 3red a Bronns, sunk another 110 chromes into spamming.
Ill collect another 120 and find someone with vorici 6 to do this.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Okay so if you remember me asking about what to get next in heavy strike juggs

I found a belly of the beast and another exalt and have kept selling poo poo, and I'm now up to 4ex 100c

This is definitely enough to buy a starforge, but not enough to buy a 6L starforge, and I'd have to sell ex at 72c each which is probably worth doing but :timingthemarket:

Should I just bite the bullet, sell three ex, buy a starforge, and maybe a jeweler's touch to 5L it? I'm consistently running yellow maps and wrecking them, and can beat uber lab reasonably well but not for full keys. Need more life and more damage, weirdly enough.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

silvergoose posted:

I found a belly of the beast and another exalt and have kept selling poo poo, and I'm now up to 4ex 100c

This is definitely enough to buy a starforge, but not enough to buy a 6L starforge, and I'd have to sell ex at 72c each which is probably worth doing but :timingthemarket:

Should I just bite the bullet, sell three ex, buy a starforge, and maybe a jeweler's touch to 5L it? I'm consistently running yellow maps and wrecking them, and can beat uber lab reasonably well but not for full keys. Need more life and more damage, weirdly enough.

if someone's asking for a price in flat ex you can offer 4 ex and the rest in chaos and see if they take it

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

KoldPT posted:

if someone's asking for a price in flat ex you can offer 4 ex and the rest in chaos and see if they take it

No one is offering in ex, at least not where I can see. It's all 315c or the like. Or did you mean "in flat chaos". I might consider doing that yeah.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Yeah, problem is im not that richj at the moment.
First toon in league, 3 days old.
Trying to 3red a Bronns, sunk another 110 chromes into spamming.
Ill collect another 120 and find someone with vorici 6 to do this.

Google vorici calculator to find a handy tool to tell you the most efficient way to spend Chrome's to get a tiven result.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

silvergoose posted:

Buy the starforge, 6S it, and then start throwing fuses at it until you get it to 5L.

Then start saving up your fuses, and when you get a big chunk, start spamming them. Once you get to around 100 fuses or so, stop fusing once you 5L it back.

repeat forever until you get your 6L.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Generally as a rule I offer up to / will take 75% in the preferred listed currency. Most people don't have a problem with it, and I'm not going to make someone play gently caress-gently caress games with poe.trade just to give me exactly what I asked for, so long as the vast majority is in the correct currency.

I just hope we never go to Legacy levels of chaos inflation when it's 120:1ex and the hard cap is basically 600c because that's all you can put in the trade window, and nobody is taking exalts.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

silvergoose posted:

No one is offering in ex, at least not where I can see. It's all 315c or the like. Or did you mean "in flat chaos". I might consider doing that yeah.
For transactions like that most people will take ex using the current rate, which is about 1 ex to 72 chaos. So 315c would be 4ex 27c. I guess you might find the occasional person who won't, but the majority are fine with it. Honestly, most people just want to move their items.

I also suggest not gambling with fuses. I've found it only leads to sadness. If your bankroll is vast then go for it, but if throwing 10ex of fuses down the drain and not getting a 6L would ruin you, then don't do it.

Honestly, I turn most of my jewelers and fuses into chaos or exalts. Probably do another straight jeweler to ex trade today.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Mar 23, 2018

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

pokchu posted:

:smithicide:

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Despair posted:

Google vorici calculator to find a handy tool to tell you the most efficient way to spend Chrome's to get a tiven result.

I did, and the thing said it basically wouldnt matter and all outcomes would be about equal in cost.
Bollocks they are.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
I finished Act 8 last night and got my first map drop, The Beach (Tier 1). At what point can you start doing maps?

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

LongDarkNight posted:

I finished Act 8 last night and got my first map drop, The Beach (Tier 1). At what point can you start doing maps?
You need to finish act 10. The epilogue will introduce Zana, who gives you a map-related quest.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

pokchu posted:

Buy the starforge, 6S it, and then start throwing fuses at it until you get it to 5L.

Then start saving up your fuses, and when you get a big chunk, start spamming them. Once you get to around 100 fuses or so, stop fusing once you 5L it back.

Yeah thanks for the advice but holy poo poo no I'm not doing that. :v:

Filthy Monkey posted:

For transactions like that most people will take ex using the current rate, which is about 1 ex to 72 chaos. So 315c would be 4ex 27c. I guess you might find the occasional person who won't, but the majority are fine with it. Honestly, most people just want to move their items.

I also suggest not gambling with fuses. I've found it only leads to sadness. If your bankroll is vast then go for it, but if throwing 10ex of fuses down the drain and not getting a 6L would ruin you, then don't do it.

Honestly, I turn most of my jewelers and fuses into chaos or exalts. Probably do another straight jeweler to ex trade today.

So probably buy the starforge, 5L it, and save up such that selling it would result in "I can afford a 6L starforge", more or less? Or the league ends, or my 2nd child is born, whatever happens first.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I did, and the thing said it basically wouldnt matter and all outcomes would be about equal in cost.
Bollocks they are.

In what world is spending 723 chromes about equal to spending 402 chromes (on average).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
FYI you can often get 74c/ex in the morning EST.
This seems to decrease over the day to around 71c/ex by late evening.