Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

She was the first unit introduced AND enhanced, so she got screwed both ways. They were definitely able to salvage her with 7* though and honestly, if dual wielding as an archetype was more viable in japan right now she'd be even better rated. Hopefully gumi does a better job at curbing the power gap of dual wielders vs TDHs than Alim has. Still, things are at least better than the massive gap between phys and magic that the game had during the first year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

MohShuvuu posted:

Lightning gets decent chaining frames when she hits 7* if I remember correctly. Right now, however, she's pretty outdated because she was the first 6* unit introduced.

So aside from lightning all the characters listed if pulled at 5+* are worth stopping at rather than rerolling?

If I want to be a masochist what are the “best” characters to pull? (Obviously sprite/character art is the most important)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Your best bet is probably Veritas of Dark (To a lesser extent orlandu) if you take the future into account. Yeah, they are harder to gear than Onion Knight but they are more future proofed and have the most common chaining pattern in the game.

Kunshira wouldn't be a bad pull per say if you take the future into account either but she isn't strictly a damage unit (Fryvia, released a year ago can still potentially outdamage her even without future enhancements factored in) and she has abysmal chaining compatibility. But when 7* hit there will be a lot of Loren friends to pick for and Kunshira + her have you cover for chaining, elemental resists and full breaks. Though this pretty much locks your first UoC ticket to be used on her immediately since she's pretty useless by then as a 6*

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
60 tickets used so far, 40 left.

Two rainbows, 3rd Ramza and Kunshira.

Still have hope (lol got 2 of him) and will try again this weekend.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Your best bet is probably Veritas of Dark (To a lesser extent orlandu) if you take the future into account. Yeah, they are harder to gear than Onion Knight but they are more future proofed and have the most common chaining pattern in the game.

Kunshira wouldn't be a bad pull per say if you take the future into account either but she isn't strictly a damage unit (Fryvia, released a year ago can still potentially outdamage her even without future enhancements factored in) and she has abysmal chaining compatibility. But when 7* hit there will be a lot of Loren friends to pick for and Kunshira + her have you cover for chaining, elemental resists and full breaks. Though this pretty much locks your first UoC ticket to be used on her immediately since she's pretty useless by then as a 6*

What’s UoC? And was the thing I said prior to asking about what the best possible pull could be true or are there any others on that list I would want to pass on as well?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Oh boy time to get hosed by RNG, let's see how it goes...

114 tickets
9 4* tickets
10+1 pull

27 Erwins
4 Wadows (6 Graces, an off-banner 4*)
0 Kunshira
0 CG Fina

1 rainbow crystal which was TTerra who's at least new for me. :confuoot:

This has been yet another reminder that Gumi are awful shits who do not deserve money.

PaybackJack posted:

Are they loving for real with this trust Moogle for friend point summon, THE loving DAY AFTER WE SPENT ALL OUR FRIEND POINTS.

For almost six months friend points have been worthless, then suddenly we get two back to back events that drain them!

I didn't spend my friend points (because who cares about summoning stuff like cactuars when we just had back to back raids?). :shrug:

Japan constantly has FP trust moogle stuff so I figured I'd just let them pile up until we got one.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
10+1 pulls are absolute garbage.

with the free tickets, whatever, they're free.

but 5000 lapis takes forever to accumulate and then pissing it away for a bunch of 3* trash and 4* dupes is absolutely demoralizing.

and LOL @ you if you actually pay cash money for that lapis.

this game ... we have a very abusive relationship.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Oh god no. I've given FFBE less than $5 since the soft launch.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Used up a couple of 4* tickets. Magic rainbow cat and ninja wolf? I'll take it.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Oh god no. I've given FFBE less than $5 since the soft launch.

you are much more principled than I.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Bob NewSCART posted:

What’s UoC? And was the thing I said prior to asking about what the best possible pull could be true or are there any others on that list I would want to pass on as well?

Its honestly not worth it to just keep rerolling till you have the best possible reroll. You'll kill yourself before that happens. As long as you pull 1 good offense based rainbow that doesn't become absolute trash later on you can just build your team around it.

Dark Veritas, Orlandu, Onion Knight, Fryvia, T.Terra, Aileen are all good choices with T.Terra and Aileen not being absolutely optimum because they NEED their enhancements to be good which for someone starting out could be unobtainable for a while. Dont settle for finishers, those wont carry you as hard as a chainer.

UOC= Unit of Choice, which are tickets we'll eventually get one 7* hit. You need 10 frags to create a ticket and once you use it you get to pick from any of the non limited 5* units.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

62 regular tickets, 14 4*, let's go

Seabreeze Dark Fina #1
Lunera #4 (lol)
Gladiolus #1
Zargabaath #1

Finally Lotus Mage Fina #1 pretty deep in the 4* guaranteed tickets. I've managed to dodge Ayaka up 'til now so that's good.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its honestly not worth it to just keep rerolling till you have the best possible reroll. You'll kill yourself before that happens. As long as you pull 1 good offense based rainbow that doesn't become absolute trash later on you can just build your team around it.

Dark Veritas, Orlandu, Onion Knight, Fryvia, T.Terra, Aileen are all good choices with T.Terra and Aileen not being absolutely optimum because they NEED their enhancements to be good which for someone starting out could be unobtainable for a while. Dont settle for finishers, those wont carry you as hard as a chainer.

UOC= Unit of Choice, which are tickets we'll eventually get one 7* hit. You need 10 frags to create a ticket and once you use it you get to pick from any of the non limited 5* units.

Agreed with the stop rerolling once you get one good offensive chaining unit. I would stop if I get one of the following:

Tidus
Trance Terra
Barbariccia
Fryevia
Dark Veritas
Aileen
Orlandeau
Onion Knight

Some of these like Fry and Barb we don't know about their 7* since they're global exclusive, but chances are good that they'll get decent ones. Fry also needs a lot of TMs to get going too but for a new player she can still do some real good stuff.

I wouldn't worry about the enhancements thing, all the units will still carry you hard without enhancements, and by the time you actually need their enhancements you will probably be able to get them.

The only one lackluster on that list pre enhancement is Trance Terra, but even then she'll still carry your team hard for a good chunk of the game.

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character
Got Lotus Mage Fina on my 4th ticket, but still salty as hell over the 100 trust moogles I didn't get to pull when I foolishly spent them on the cactuar banner thinking I'd have time to build my friend points back up again.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Decided to just see how bad the rates for me would be on this banner.

20k lapis
10 tickets
1 daily

0 rainbows

VVVVVVV
You're taking all of my rainbows!

Ratmtattat fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Mar 23, 2018

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Sweet lotus fina in 14 regular tickets. Thanks game! The gacha gods have been relatively kind to me the past few banners it scares me for the future. Is the other 5 star worth pulling for too? Although I guess maybe it's a good time to shoot for doubling up.

Edit nvm I decided to toss one last ticket on to even out the number and ended up with back to back rainbows and got him whether I wanted to or not. Prob would've preferred to get another lotus but never look a gacha horse in the mouth I think! Of course it will probably 4 months before I see another rainbow again but oh well enjoy it while it lasts I suppose

Edit edit drat I think somethings broken right now because I just pulled 3 rainbows in a row. Sucks that the double was Kunshira and not fina but hell I'll take it

Pokemaster #421 fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 23, 2018

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Tossed a decent number of tickets and some lapis, not a ton of luck to be honest until my last ticket went from gold to rainbow.

Not a bad miss at all!

One of my 10+1s had a rainbow too. It was only Luneth though.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
i haven't gotten a rainbow in the last 8 or so 10+1 pulls i've done, it's making me salty as hell.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

new kind of cat posted:

i haven't gotten a rainbow in the last 8 or so 10+1 pulls i've done, it's making me salty as hell.

Ugh yeah it's one thing for summon tickets to come up dry but dumping a bunch of lapis and getting nothing is extra infuriating, for me anyway. It's also the thing that will make me step off the game for a month or two. It's absolutely absurd to not pull a rainbow if you're dropping like 30k lapis and not getting anything to show for it. No game should have such a lovely drop rate.

Oh also are either fina or the puppy worthy friend units, or would people still prefer onion knight or Explorer Eileen? Since fina can double as a mage and healer it seems like she might help some peeps out. Or is that not worth losing a physical chaining unit?

Pokemaster #421 fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 23, 2018

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I spent 10k lapis and got zag guy... I also got explorer aileen. Maybe I spent my luck for Fina.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
54 tickets, a single 5k pull, and 3 10+1s, but I did it! Finally a 5* base healer with Curaja.

Also picked up Eiko and Queen #2 (hello there 7* Queen), so overall this was a pretty solid run.

Now to stash the remaining ~60 tickets away in case Nier returns.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

new kind of cat posted:

Unless you like being disappointed, don’t do 10+1’s unless it’s a ticket.

I ended up spending like 15 tickets and my 10+1 because I have a spot opening in my TM team and I wanted at least one of those katanas going. I got 3 wados, no other on-banners and 0 rainbows period. This banner doesn’t like me.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Ancillary Character posted:

Got Lotus Mage Fina on my 4th ticket, but still salty as hell over the 100 trust moogles I didn't get to pull when I foolishly spent them on the cactuar banner thinking I'd have time to build my friend points back up again.

I got lucky and nabbed an Explorer Aileen last banner then proceeded to use 100% of regular moogles on her out of excitement. Ugh, I'm an idiot.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

124 tickets
6 gold tickets
1 5,000 Lapis sacrificial pull to appease Gumi

My rainbow haul in order:

Cloud (third)
Kunshira
Reberta (fourth, hello unknown supertm)
Elfreeda (First! Hurray!)
Greg (WHERE THE loving gently caress HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THE PAST YEAR AND A HALF?! :argh:)
Gladiolus (2nd... :rip:)

And Finally Fina :unsmith:

26 Erwin
6 wadow

Most importantly:
2 Bediles

Still have 24 tickets and 25 gold tickets.

CG NICHOL WHEN

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

And another healer eludes me. 102 tickets (14 4*, 88 regular).

2 rainbows total, Ramza #3 and Kunshira

10 Wadows

Fuckton of Erwins

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

124 tickets
6 gold tickets
1 5,000 Lapis sacrificial pull to appease Gumi

My rainbow haul in order:

Cloud (third)
Kunshira
Reberta (fourth, hello unknown supertm)
Elfreeda (First! Hurray!)
Greg (WHERE THE loving gently caress HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THE PAST YEAR AND A HALF?! :argh:)
Gladiolus (2nd... :rip:)

And Finally Fina :unsmith:

26 Erwin
6 wadow

Most importantly:
2 Bediles

Still have 24 tickets and 25 gold tickets.

CG NICHOL WHEN

Hey, gladio as a 7* and with enhancements is still a very good cover tank/ bodyguard. He doesn't have an on demand taunt for the fights where the guy just wants to punch a single dude in the face but there are ways around that.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Sweet lotus fina in 14 regular tickets. Thanks game! The gacha gods have been relatively kind to me the past few banners it scares me for the future. Is the other 5 star worth pulling for too? Although I guess maybe it's a good time to shoot for doubling up.

Edit nvm I decided to toss one last ticket on to even out the number and ended up with back to back rainbows and got him whether I wanted to or not. Prob would've preferred to get another lotus but never look a gacha horse in the mouth I think! Of course it will probably 4 months before I see another rainbow again but oh well enjoy it while it lasts I suppose

Edit edit drat I think somethings broken right now because I just pulled 3 rainbows in a row. Sucks that the double was Kunshira and not fina but hell I'll take it

If you have a Fryevia that Kunshira TM is top-notch so at least there's that?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

This is funny because I was in the exact same situation. I got Greg for the first time earlier in the month.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Bob NewSCART posted:

So aside from lightning all the characters listed if pulled at 5+* are worth stopping at rather than rerolling?

If I want to be a masochist what are the “best” characters to pull? (Obviously sprite/character art is the most important)

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Unit_Rankings

That has Top 5 lists by role, and a numeric value for all units independent of role. Some are limited units.

You want at least one attacker unit at 14.0 or above. There are two values for each, one with enhancements, one without. Enhancements might take a while, as Cao Ni Ma said.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
My son was sick today so I blew through the enhance cryst event and run the last match several times, and have yet to see a power giantcryst. So annoying that it is disproportionate with the amount of power required units vs how many drop.

I mean I “get” why it is that way, so I can get caught in the loop of blowing lapis on the gamble.

Aileen #1 is complete I guess my next list is
Orlandu
Tidus
Aileen #2

gently caress that’s like a minimum of 20 of the most elusive cryst. First it was support, now it’s power.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Unit_Rankings

That has Top 5 lists by role, and a numeric value for all units independent of role. Some are limited units.

You want at least one attacker unit at 14.0 or above. There are two values for each, one with enhancements, one without. Enhancements might take a while, as Cao Ni Ma said.

Loren is a 13.5 but a solid keep as well. She’s got innate DW and the best (physical) DW providing TMR. She’s not amazing in her 6* but she’s solid. She’s absolutely top tier with her 7* form versus anything you can break as she has the best breaks in the game.

Cartoon Man posted:

CG NICHOL WHEN

(I wish I knew)

Ugato fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 23, 2018

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

hagie posted:

My son was sick today so I blew through the enhance cryst event and run the last match several times, and have yet to see a power giantcryst. So annoying that it is disproportionate with the amount of power required units vs how many drop.

I mean I “get” why it is that way, so I can get caught in the loop of blowing lapis on the gamble.

Aileen #1 is complete I guess my next list is
Orlandu
Tidus
Aileen #2

gently caress that’s like a minimum of 20 of the most elusive cryst. First it was support, now it’s power.

Are you talking about the chamber of crystals or the current story event? And are you bringing Xon/Lara with Great Raven's Cape?

They seem to really make a difference.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Olif is on quickfarm and should be done by Monday. Tinkerbow quickfarm is next and shouldn’t take long either. The Patriotic reacall will come off and dual wield go on. She’s fully potted (including ATK, lol) and her LB is almost maxed too because gently caress it, why not.

She’s ready for you boys...

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I can almost reach 1000+ :(

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Dang, seeing those makes me want one. :( Nice setups.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
So what is the ideal way to grind giantcrysts during this event? Load up on Laura’s and go to town? Which stage should I be doing? I made it through extra stage 2 and only missed the no KO quests on the last boss. I’m not sure I’m willing to take the Laura’s to 6* in order to use them in that difficulty.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Kinda tempted to awaken my Tidus a bunch but I already have TG Cid setup and Dark Veritas's awakenings probably aren't too far off either.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Wait, why are Kunshira and Wadow HUMAN? There is literally a Beast race.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Incidentally, at ~914 SPR, Curaja heals for 10-11k.

With Ramza singing, that improves to 12-13k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Laura replaces a Locke and not a Xon, right? That’s the only thing that I will always get confused.

• Locked thread