Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Isn't less than 30 pounds about right for the ATST? It's like 60 Canadian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

fadam posted:

Isn't less than 30 pounds about right for the ATST? It's like 60 Canadian.

You may have noticed our currency has taken a bit of a plunge lately...

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Previous cheapest I had seen was £37. As I have recived the shipping notice I will see what I get Monday.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

seriously?

edit: lol

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Yup. But they do make the Imp rear end stuff look pretty lovely.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Thundercloud posted:

Previous cheapest I had seen was £37. As I have recived the shipping notice I will see what I get Monday.

Yeah I wasn't expecting to see any going for much under £40 any time soon, so £30 is a bargain. I think FFG have probably put a big effort into building up stock levels for Legion but I still expect some stuff to go out of stock at some point soonish as the 'wait and see' crowd start jumping in.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

seriously?

edit: lol

Yeah the rude part is that it's only slightly off. It's not enormously different.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Rebel Commandos
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/23/rebel-strike-team/

Han Solo commander.
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/23/shooting-first/

LMAO at that Han Solo model

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just wanna pinch Han's chubby cheeks

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Imperial stuff teased yet?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Primaris Stormtrooper!

canyoneer posted:

Yeah the rude part is that it's only slightly off. It's not enormously different.

Primaris Skywalker.

These are awesome. Loving that Mon Cal Commando. Kind of makes me hope Leia is released wearing Commando garb at some point.

Just paint his hair grey and make it Old Solo. because, lol. Hoping that's just the bad paint job though.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
Lol at the fact that they're clearly trying not to show the Han model's face. The Luke model's face actually looks pretty good -- how did they gently caress up Han so badly?

For everyone who's gotten their hands on Legion stuff so far: what's the general consensus on the quality of the figures when compared to other plastic mini manufacturers? Some of the pictures I've seen of the figures (not the vehicles, which generally seem to look good) make the average model quality look decent, but then other times they just look janky. Is it consistent at least?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

MeinPanzer posted:

Lol at the fact that they're clearly trying not to show the Han model's face. The Luke model's face actually looks pretty good -- how did they gently caress up Han so badly?

For everyone who's gotten their hands on Legion stuff so far: what's the general consensus on the quality of the figures when compared to other plastic mini manufacturers? Some of the pictures I've seen of the figures (not the vehicles, which generally seem to look good) make the average model quality look decent, but then other times they just look janky. Is it consistent at least?

I had some gaps and there are some minor mold lines, but it's not any worse than the average PP plastic set imo.

I really like the looks of that alien commando unit. I wish more of the Rebel guys were aliens, I want to run a whole squad of the blue guy.

fadam fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 23, 2018

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I like the look of the rebel commandos, except their neon paint job!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

canyoneer posted:

LMAO at that Han Solo model

The coat makes him look like a Dr. Who cosplayer.

The Malthusian
Oct 30, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

He looks like Mal Reynolds, so it’s good to know that particular bit of pop-culture is eating its own tail.

Cobaltshift
Jul 15, 2013

So with there being limited unit types at launch, are people finding game play/list builds a bit straight forward, or is there plenty of variation to be found in the first wave alone?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Cobaltshift posted:

So with there being limited unit types at launch, are people finding game play/list builds a bit straight forward, or is there plenty of variation to be found in the first wave alone?

Lists kind of build themselves right now because the mandatory guys (Vader and Luke) are so expensive and there are only like 3 other options.

I think Leia and the new Imperial general guy are going to do a lot for opening up list building. An AT-ST is a lot more palatable when you have an extra trooper squad.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oh wow, more reveals already! I probably should have been expecting them I guess, but wasn't. Loving that they are mixing more aliens into the rebel troops, even if I still wish there were slightly more than there are. Those commandos look pretty solid.

I guess Han takes the wooden spoon for the range so far. Good news is, there is absolutely no way we won't see an alternative version of him at some point so they get to try harder next time. Not sure why they didn't give him the same pose as on the box. Or put his gun over his face.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I actually like the coat. I love the whole Endor commando aesthetic.

Where's Endor Commando Captain Rex, FFG?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah, there's not much variation now. It's basically Vader plus 3 squads of stormtroopers plus ATST plus 2 bikes or Vader plus 4/5 squads of stormtroopers plus 2 squads of bikes depending on upgrades.

2 more units and 2 more leaders gives a lot more variation.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

IMO the biggest things this game needs are:

1. Units that don't just shoot stuff. IDK enough about Star Wars lore to come up with anything, but every single infantry unit that's been spoiled is just a variant on a squad of fragile one wound dudes with guns. Some melee focused guys or some really tough big guys (think along the lines medium based infantry in WMH) would be rad.

2. More abilities like Force Push that manipulate the board.

This one is a lot harder to do, but I think the game could also really use more factions with their own distinct identities. All the other miniatures games I've played you can point to each army and be like "ok this is the _____ army they like shooting, or this is the ______ army and they like melee." I know this isnt' a very fair complaint because the game has only been out for a day, but right now the two factions feel really samey.

fadam fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 23, 2018

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
SW Legions is Husky-28/40kish scale right?

Some of the scenery for Legions is p. deece and I wouldn't mind having my Guard roll through Mos Eisley. Like Patton only it wouldn't loving suck.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah, more variation than 3 different units of 1 wound guys who shoot things slightly differently is required.

What about Wookies and K2 droids for things that can take a few hits and shoot back but also murder things in assault?

Hover tanks from Rogue One. Rebel Grav tanks from the Battlefront game, etc etc.

Yeah, hopefully the wave after the commandos is another vehicle or a different type of infantry, or it'll get stale pretty quick.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I have settled on a mustafarr/sullust for my first terrain set it's gonna own hard. :black101:

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Schadenboner posted:

SW Legions is Husky-28/40kish scale right?

Some of the scenery for Legions is p. deece and I wouldn't mind having my Guard roll through Mos Eisley. Like Patton only it wouldn't loving suck.

You're a dead man.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Hustlin Floh posted:

You're a dead man.

poo poo movie about a poo poo general with poo poo battle scenes using period-inappropriate tanks. Sorry for your lots.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Han looks bad, but his Biggs-like order card seems powerful.

Cool that the Rebel Commandos box has two units in it.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

hoiyes posted:

Han looks bad, but his Biggs-like order card seems powerful.

Cool that the Rebel Commandos box has two units in it.

Bit confused by the blurb here! So you get 7 models in the box, the standard unit is 4 models with an upgrade card that adds a fifth (heavy weapon) model. Then you can also field the last two models as a skirmisher strike team which would be a blaster rifle plus heavy weapon pair?

Or I guess you could field two of the two-man teams, but not more as each needs a heavy weapon?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Depends if you get the models needed for 2 two man sniper teams. But yes, you can run a 4/5 man team and a sniper team at the same time. I'm interested in seeing what the empire are going to get.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

A somewhat symmetrical scout trooper dismount box would be cool.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Anybody tried the game yet? Is it fun? Deep? Luck-heavy?

My current feat is that the game lacks depth, as there is only a handful of actions to take.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Where is the second handle for the AT-RT in the starter kit? The one that isn't being held by the guy riding it.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I really like how they designed the attack d8s. Since the surge is either a success or not depending on the card, they can cover basically the whole span of possible success rates across 3 dice.

White
2-3 success faces

Black
4-5 success faces

Red
6-7 success faces

For me it's a little more fun to have little hit icons than just rolling 4+ 5+ 6+ etc

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Playing the team tournament at Adepticon and we’re getting wrecked. Rebels absolutely need cover to shoot out of, and none of the boards have any. We end up having to camp on objectives with no line of sight and we’re just getting steamrolled.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

My starter arrived today, so I will unbox it tomorrow with mini and scale comparisons.

Cobaltshift
Jul 15, 2013

Just finished putting my core together. Very excited to try it out.

What are all of you doing for storage? This might be the day when I finally get one of those pluck foam tray and case set ups.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Funzo posted:

Playing the team tournament at Adepticon and we’re getting wrecked. Rebels absolutely need cover to shoot out of, and none of the boards have any. We end up having to camp on objectives with no line of sight and we’re just getting steamrolled.

Sounds like you guys needed to learn how to FIGHT LIKE GODDAMN REBELS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyHvfbrRld4

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

fadam posted:

Where is the second handle for the AT-RT in the starter kit? The one that isn't being held by the guy riding it.

It's supposed to be in the bag with the Skywalkers, but a lot of people are reporting it missing, so if you can't find it there or on the floor under your workbench: https://parts.asmodeena.com/partsrequests/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

StuG Jeebus posted:

It's supposed to be in the bag with the Skywalkers, but a lot of people are reporting it missing, so if you can't find it there or on the floor under your workbench: https://parts.asmodeena.com/partsrequests/

Yea that page won't even load for me so I assume they're getting hammered for requests.