Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Eight man squads feels much laggier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Good soup! posted:

it really doesn't, my dude

Goes great with your avatar.

I wanted to try H1Z1's auto royale mode but it says I need a Windows Service Pack update and I don't, and from what I can tell this just appears to be a problem for some people and the only resolution is maybe reinstalling Windows but also that might not work.

I tried Fortnite, and though it was a vastly smoother experience, I hate the goofy cartoon bodies, I don't care at all for the fort building thing, and I only played three or four games but is there not a first person mode? Like, I was surprised people played this in third person. It feels awful.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Carecat posted:

Eight man squads feels much laggier.

It's still only on the test servers, right? That could be why

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
:lol: my buddy killed CORAL from the walking dead and summit1g yesterday. Couple weeks ago same friend killed deadmau5. He's on a roll!
summit1g: https://clips.twitch.tv/BigSoftRatCeilingCat
carl: https://clips.twitch.tv/RespectfulEntertainingKiwiBabyRage

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Has anyone else played 8-mans yet? What's it like?

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Rex-Goliath posted:

Has anyone else played 8-mans yet? What's it like?

It's interesting. I only played it on the test server with a group of randos, but they were surprisingly coordinated and we pulled out a dinner.

Having 6 vehicles caravaning across the map is pretty entertaining.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Kinda makes me want to patch up the test build.

mrlego
Feb 14, 2007

I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence.
Having eight men meant we could parachute into a smallish town and actually hold it, loot everything and gather a bunch of vehicles and roll out. It feels like people have more reason to coordinate their movements and having double the eyes looking out for danger is very nice.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

mrlego posted:

Having eight men meant we could parachute into a smallish town and actually hold it, loot everything and gather a bunch of vehicles and roll out. It feels like people have more reason to coordinate their movements and having double the eyes looking out for danger is very nice.

To quote someone in discord "8 diff people saying "guy is on me." Maybe you were better organized than some of the squads you encountered, but holy hell that's gonna be bad.

mrlego
Feb 14, 2007

VulgarandStupid posted:

To quote someone in discord "8 diff people saying "guy is on me." Maybe you were better organized than some of the squads you encountered, but holy hell that's gonna be bad.

We had 4 english speaking Chinese, 2 Aussies, 2 americans. Everyone called out their number and direction of contact, enemy strength and so on.

I could see 8 randos being a disaster, but I guess I've been lucky in the few games I've played.

mrlego
Feb 14, 2007

I would also say that if one person squad feels fairly small and not as important as four person squad, having eight people feels more important, like it's a bigger ship to steer and it takes way more effort to coordinate. The stakes feel bigger, almost like four person chess.

The kind of people that want to work together seem to gravitate to 8 man squads, and I think it is all I'll play as long as the mix seems United to really succeed.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
When my gaming group isn't playing PUBG I sometimes drop as a 1-man squad and having my death be a foregone conclusion is so liberating.

Last night I was walking down a San Martin suburb and saw a Bronco parked alongside a multistory building and glimpsed a few people inside. I shotgunned one of the tires and ambled into the shoot house because gently caress them, I don't have to get to the zone, let's do this. The realities of 1 vs many firefights in PUBG means the odds are always against me but damned if I don't feel like some sort dime-store Joker.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Jack B Nimble posted:

When my gaming group isn't playing PUBG I sometimes drop as a 1-man squad and having my death be a foregone conclusion is so liberating.

Last night I was walking down a San Martin suburb and saw a Bronco parked alongside a multistory building and glimpsed a few people inside. I shotgunned one of the tires and ambled into the shoot house because gently caress them, I don't have to get to the zone, let's do this. The realities of 1 vs many firefights in PUBG means the odds are always against me but damned if I don't feel like some sort dime-store Joker.

It's a good way to practice playing with goon squads too.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I got wrecked by chocoTaco last night:

edit: better audio version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9QXUMijw1A

CloFan fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 23, 2018

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

CloFan posted:

I got wrecked by chocoTaco last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhH_XhK6Hmk

MMR

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I've been killed by choco twice, and my teammate killed him once. I've also been killed by vsnz and been in games with shroud. I would love an end game with one of them, but I'm sure I would get wrecked.

highme
May 25, 2001

mrlego posted:

We had 4 english speaking Chinese, 2 Aussies, 2 americans. Everyone called out their number and direction of contact, enemy strength and so on.

I could see 8 randos being a disaster, but I guess I've been lucky in the few games I've played.

I played 2 rounds of Rando 8s last night, both times we coordinated fairly well. The first round had 1 Chinese player with limited English, but one of the English speakers also spoke Mandarin so that wasn't much of a hindrance.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
https://clips.twitch.tv/AmusedAmericanHornetSSSsss

This game owns.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

I got taco to swear on stream :

https://clips.twitch.tv/ExpensivePricklyAlbatrossBrokeBack

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I've been bamboozled!

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Threat level: stairs.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
https://twitter.com/PLAYERUNKNOWN/status/977262763528527872?s=19

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Well that looks promising, basically makes me think of Erangel with terrain somewhere in between that and Miramar.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Is there no way to queu as 8 man squad?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Vahakyla posted:

Is there no way to queu as 8 man squad?

Currently only on the test servers, and only in TPP. It's called "event mode." I would assume it will be moving over to live servers early next week, since this "season" is getting shut down Sunday and the leaderboards will be inactive for a bit.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Holy poo poo if this event is tpp only in live.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I mean I don’t think I can get 8 people to party. Just four before queue.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Jack B Nimble posted:

Holy poo poo if this event is tpp only in live.

Unfortunately, I'm almost certain it will only be TPP in the live servers.

"Please keep in mind that the first iteration will only feature TPP on Erangel to ensure effective matchmaking."

Vahakyla posted:

I mean I don’t think I can get 8 people to party. Just four before queue.

Oh, I didn't even think about that. Interesting... and lol bluehole.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
What are the tpp vs fpp stats? Like usage.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I think its TPP > FPP by an enormous amount. But I have nothing to back this up, just my assumption.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Currently only on the test servers, and only in TPP. It's called "event mode." I would assume it will be moving over to live servers early next week, since this "season" is getting shut down Sunday and the leaderboards will be inactive for a bit.

It's also been possible to have 8 man squads in custom games for a few months now but you'd have to rely on a streamer to create the game.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
8-man squad needs to be a permanent thing, it's fun as gently caress and makes the game feel like Arma.

highme
May 25, 2001

Last night it was good times on Rando 8s with good coordination, tonight it's getting TKd by hackers.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

8 man is kind of fun, but boy oh boy are most of the people who play it bad idiots who will still avoid every fight possible and never leave their buildings.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

8-man squad needs to be a permanent thing, it's fun as gently caress and makes the game feel like Arma.

If they do increased squad sizes though, please add queuing with more then 4. Getting 4 randos literally kills a lot of fun of the mode.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
8s is super fun, yeah. We had a really good firefight with four teams of eight all shooting at each other, and another one where we banzai charged a team with machetes and hacked them all down.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/86rov8/there_is_no_escape/

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
god this game gets worse and worse

why the gently caress do I freeze for a couple seconds when I mute/unmute the in-game voice since the latest patch?

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

Reddit comment posted:

Looks like OP didn't survive..............the pandemic 😎😎😎😎

"Pandemic" is a far better name for the PUBG zombie mode than anything else anyone could ever think of. Especially if all the 'zombies' are armed solely with pans instead of fists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

Doorknob Slobber posted:

god this game gets worse and worse

why the gently caress do I freeze for a couple seconds when I mute/unmute the in-game voice since the latest patch?

is your voice key also a screenshot key or a start and stop recording key?