Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Too hot for skeleton TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

SteelMentor posted:

Odds are good Sisters will be getting some new toys alongside their new sculpts right?

What kinda holes need filling in their roster? Some kinda armoured CC squad?

A second troops choice.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Are there any plastic Sisters models right now? Celestine counts, right? I know they have at least one Forge World vehicle.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

LifeLynx posted:

Are there any plastic Sisters models right now? Celestine counts, right? I know they have at least one Forge World vehicle.

Sadly Forge World no longer sells the Repressor. Too bad too cause it's a drat cool looking tank.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

I assume Veridyan, who's based off the infamous skull-chest art.

All I see here is Lady Gaga.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

NovemberMike posted:

All I see here is Lady Gaga Debbie Harry.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Last Necron Preview, with Neprekh, C'Tan, and Doom Scythes:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/03/23/preview-the-nephrekh-dynasty-ctan-shards-and-doom-scythesgw-homepage-post-2/

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Was skimming through all the Chaos stuff in battlescribe (mostly to find cool models :v:) and it made me curious: official tourneys still require official models, right? How does that work for stuff that has rules but no model, ala Hellwright?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Neurolimal posted:

Was skimming through all the Chaos stuff in battlescribe (mostly to find cool models :v:) and it made me curious: official tourneys still require official models, right? How does that work for stuff that has rules but no model, ala Hellwright?

GW events require GW models. A conversion using all GW parts would be fine, or stuff you made yourself (i.e. your own sculpts), but not 3rd party.

Non-GW events don't care.

Of all things to get a copy of Linebreaker I didn't expect it to be Doom Scythes.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Is WYSIWYG even a thing in the rules anymore?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Is WYSIWYG even a thing in the rules anymore?

No

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Archmagos-Draykavac-Archmagos <-Hellwright on Dark Abeyant

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Huh. Googling just gave me a bunch of pictures labeled 'my kitbashed hellwright' and similar. vOv

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Corrode posted:

There's a bunch of poo poo in here that I want but not enough to pay for the whole stack. If you'll split (and ship to the UK) PM me and we can work something out.
I'd really rather get rid of it all in one go, and shipping a bunch of books internationally would probably be stupidly expensive, sorry!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

And I'm thrilled it's not. If I'm putting 20-30 hormagaunts on the field trying out toxin sacks from one week to the next or something I'm not changing all the models for it.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Captain Invictus posted:

I'd really rather get rid of it all in one go, and shipping a bunch of books internationally would probably be stupidly expensive, sorry!

No worries, good luck.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

TTerrible posted:

You can't just point out that the people exploding about how 8th was going to be different because it was written by ~new GW~ were completely full of poo poo and 40k is a broken, powerlisted powercreeped mess inside a year. It's extremely rude.

Traditional Games › Warhammer 30k: 7E Dead-Enders Appreciation Hugbox

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Hey Boon, looks like Spikey likes you - https://spikeybits.com/2018/03/best-40k-armies-from-adepticon-2018-day-1.html

Looks sweet!

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Does 40k with alternating actions/turns work or would any balance there is fall apart

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Cainer posted:

Sadly Forge World no longer sells the Repressor. Too bad too cause it's a drat cool looking tank.

The repressor is a great candidate for a new model in a plastic redo of the line. No toes to step on since the fw one is out of production, and the aesthetic is already solid.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

bird food bathtub posted:

And I'm thrilled it's not. If I'm putting 20-30 hormagaunts on the field trying out toxin sacks from one week to the next or something I'm not changing all the models for it.

YMMV based on how pissy your opponent is about that stuff but yeah it's not a codified part of the rules.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

mango sentinel posted:

YMMV based on how pissy your opponent is about that stuff but yeah it's not a codified part of the rules.

No one can identify Nid stuff by sight anyway so whatever

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!

Corrode posted:

No one can identify Nid stuff by sight anyway so whatever

If your opponent can they are clearly a filthy xenos genestealer in disguise and you should flee.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
Never had anyone make a big deal about little upgrades like adrenal glands. I'd avoid proxying significant guns(non pintle mounts) in any formal setting, but other than that nobody looks close enough to notice.

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.
Well looking at the top 16 adepticon lists gives me slightly more hope that my Craftworlds list will survive the FAQs relatively unscathed, and the Tyranid menace will get a much needed nerf.

That does assume they’re intending to make one final editing pass after adepticon, which might be over optimistic.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

One_Wing posted:

Well looking at the top 16 adepticon lists gives me slightly more hope that my Craftworlds list will survive the FAQs relatively unscathed, and the Tyranid menace will get a much needed nerf.

That does assume they’re intending to make one final editing pass after adepticon, which might be over optimistic.

Got a link on those?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Artum posted:

Got a link on those?

They're on the BCP app. Good mix of stuff at the top. Spam prevalent though - a list of 8 DA flyers, multiple Flyrant lists, one of tons of Hive Guard. Nanavati top with mixed Chaos based on 150ish Cultists.

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Artum posted:

Got a link on those?

https://spikeybits.com/2018/03/40k-adepticon-championship-top-16-lists-revealed.html

It looks a lot more like the EU metagame than the ITC one, which strongly supports my theory that yes dark reapers are slightly undercosted and Ynnari/Alaitoc was a mistake, but the Eldar dominance has been massively exacerbated by the ITC format favouring them. I’m basically just a bit worried about the Eldar getting overnerfed, because outside the ITC format there are plenty of ways to game against Eldar, but ITC dominates the conversation, and a bunch of the FLG people are playtesters. I strongly believe that the Tyranid codex is much more “across the board” overpowered than the Eldar one, and the existence of one OP Eldar strategy that crushes the ITC format masks this.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

One_Wing posted:

https://spikeybits.com/2018/03/40k-adepticon-championship-top-16-lists-revealed.html

It looks a lot more like the EU metagame than the ITC one, which strongly supports my theory that yes dark reapers are slightly undercosted and Ynnari/Alaitoc was a mistake, but the Eldar dominance has been massively exacerbated by the ITC format favouring them. I’m basically just a bit worried about the Eldar getting overnerfed, because outside the ITC format there are plenty of ways to game against Eldar, but ITC dominates the conversation, and a bunch of the FLG people are playtesters. I strongly believe that the Tyranid codex is much more “across the board” overpowered than the Eldar one, and the existence of one OP Eldar strategy that crushes the ITC format masks this.

Cheers, yeah after last time its weird how few people are playing eldar.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
I'm not too surprised at the strong ravenwing presence. The dark talon is an incredibly efficient model with sweet guns.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Felime posted:

The repressor is a great candidate for a new model in a plastic redo of the line. No toes to step on since the fw one is out of production, and the aesthetic is already solid.

It would be nice to have a repressor that's a little more ornate to match the ministorum. Bit weird to have a bunch of blinged out priests and angels huddle in a box with a fleur hastily bolted on.

Something like this, with firing ports instead of windows:

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Neurolimal posted:

It would be nice to have a repressor that's a little more ornate to match the ministorum. Bit weird to have a bunch of blinged out priests and angels huddle in a box with a fleur hastily bolted on.

Something like this, with firing ports instead of windows:

Ahem. :colbert:

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I'll be sad if they nerf Hive Tyrants. My list is much more fair than these spammy lists, but I still run four of them. They're just hard to kill, and flight makes them hard to pin down. What's the likely GW-style nerf for these kinds of problems? Just points increase on the Tyrants?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

LifeLynx posted:

I'll be sad if they nerf Hive Tyrants. My list is much more fair than these spammy lists, but I still run four of them.
:laffo:

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Artum posted:

Cheers, yeah after last time its weird how few people are playing eldar.

At least according to the podcasts I’ve listened to, the consensus is that the adepticon format and terrain style means that lists need to have a convincing plan to table most opponents and prevent the same happening to them, without being able to rely on having access to significant LOS blocking terrain. This broadly lines up with the ETC style format, which is mixed maelstrom and eternal war, and often awards extra points for tabling.

The same people believe that the ITC objective format favours lists that can execute rapid manoeuvres and precision murder in turns 1-3, and the prevalence of perfect LOS blockers (ITC terrain rules include buildings that you can go into but block LOS in and out) means stopping yourself getting tabled after scoring all your points early on is much more doable.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, handsome, sophisticated (but also very fragile) space elves excel rather more in one of these than the other. The craft worlds book is still great, and I tabled three opponents at the ETC style event I went to earlier in the month, but even in that one event I can see how ITC would have favoured me - one of my losses I was massively ahead on points, from grabbing objectives early on but the game went to turn 6 and that let my opponent wipe my last unit out. In ITC style I could, as in understand it, have borderline “locked in” the win, because my opponent had no non-vehicle models left, so even one unit hiding in a no-LOS building would have been an insurmountable obstacle once I was majorly ahead on points.

Hive Tyrants need some combination of a point hike, dropping to one cast and their invuln to 5++, they can currently project significant threat in all three “action” phases, while being mobile and absurdly hard to kill, which is absolutely outrageous on a ~200 point model.

Or the Tau commander nerf, which is honestly most likely, as I’ve got to assume they want people’s printed books to remain as accurate as possible, and an “external” rule achieves that.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

LifeLynx posted:

I'll be sad if they nerf Hive Tyrants. My list is much more fair than these spammy lists, but I still run four of them. They're just hard to kill, and flight makes them hard to pin down. What's the likely GW-style nerf for these kinds of problems? Just points increase on the Tyrants?

*looks to tau codex*

Well, I can think of one band-aid fix GW has been willing to roll out for this precise situating...

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Maybe you're right! But I'm looking at some of these lists and they're way more broken. I feel like my Hive Tyrants aren't as strong as Daemon Princes which are prevalent in my meta.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

One_Wing posted:

At least according to the podcasts I’ve listened to, the consensus is that the adepticon format and terrain style means that lists need to have a convincing plan to table most opponents and prevent the same happening to them, without being able to rely on having access to significant LOS blocking terrain. This broadly lines up with the ETC style format, which is mixed maelstrom and eternal war, and often awards extra points for tabling.

The same people believe that the ITC objective format favours lists that can execute rapid manoeuvres and precision murder in turns 1-3, and the prevalence of perfect LOS blockers (ITC terrain rules include buildings that you can go into but block LOS in and out) means stopping yourself getting tabled after scoring all your points early on is much more doable.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, handsome, sophisticated (but also very fragile) space elves excel rather more in one of these than the other. The craft worlds book is still great, and I tabled three opponents at the ETC style event I went to earlier in the month, but even in that one event I can see how ITC would have favoured me - one of my losses I was massively ahead on points, from grabbing objectives early on but the game went to turn 6 and that let my opponent wipe my last unit out. In ITC style I could, as in understand it, have borderline “locked in” the win, because my opponent had no non-vehicle models left, so even one unit hiding in a no-LOS building would have been an insurmountable obstacle once I was majorly ahead on points.

Hive Tyrants need some combination of a point hike, dropping to one cast and their invuln to 5++, they can currently project significant threat in all three “action” phases, while being mobile and absurdly hard to kill, which is absolutely outrageous on a ~200 point model.

Or the Tau commander nerf, which is honestly most likely, as I’ve got to assume they want people’s printed books to remain as accurate as possible, and an “external” rule achieves that.

I'd be happy with like a tau commander nerf (I only run one tyrant) or a points hike on wings or overall smite spam nerf or some combination of those but walkrants aren't good and loving with the number of casts and their invuln would make them even more bad.

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

General Olloth posted:

I'd be happy with like a tau commander nerf (I only run one tyrant) or a points hike on wings or overall smite spam nerf or some combination of those but walkrants aren't good and loving with the number of casts and their invuln would make them even more bad.

I expect the commander nerf, but I think you’re underestimating how good walkrants are - flyrants are obviously the problem, but by my count a walkrant with twin devours and a pair of MRCs is 163 points. That’s exceptionally competitive against a plenty of other things you can spend 163 points on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

One_Wing posted:

I expect the commander nerf, but I think you’re underestimating how good walkrants are - flyrants are obviously the problem, but by my count a walkrant with twin devours and a pair of MRCs is 163 points. That’s exceptionally competitive against a plenty of other things you can spend 163 points on.

Ah, yes, so, there is a second problem here, where I don't use the claws because I think they look doofy on walkrants, so I forgot about them.

They shouldn't be free, they are point costed for broodlords and way too cheap on tyrants, totally agree.