Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
90s Rememberer
Nov 30, 2017

by R. Guyovich

GalacticAcid posted:

i don't expect him to be the nominee. if he is, he will win handily.

look at this idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

self unaware posted:

look at this idiot

He must really love Biden, saying a thing like that

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

self unaware posted:

look at this idiot

*grinning suck zonishly* actually, your the idiot

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I find the fight song gifs to be far more rage inducing than a whole page of wj, cc, zeggy, and benniefranks all jerking themselves off over how woke they are for doing their part towards maintaining the status quo

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
can someone explain to me why the brain worms crowd thinks Schumer outmaneuvered/beat trump?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Matt Zerella posted:

can someone explain to me why the brain worms crowd thinks Schumer outmaneuvered/beat trump?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

right. ok. but why do they think this?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Matt Zerella posted:

because uhhhhh trump looks like a buffoon now, and has disgraced the honor of the Oval Office

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

honestly im not even sure whats going on. did donny sign the budget bill thing and is now just talking poo poo about not saving daca for kicks and giggles?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
He claimed he was going to sign it, but he also talked about Vetoing it. Either way regardless of what he does, he clowned on the Dems, again.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Matt Zerella posted:

Because he signed a bill and said he didn't want to, even though it's full of grift and has no protections for anything the dems proport to care about. The only reason donny said he was upset was because it didn't fund his stupid wall.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

thank you. lol of course it's about :decorum:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

just wait till this circulates through the main media outlets during the primary

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
biden has thrown decorum out the window and is literally threatening violence against a sitting president

that's how you know he's leftist, and not centrist

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Phi230 posted:

just wait till this circulates through the main media outlets during the primary

The Franken-dorks are going to come out of the woodwork to claim it's all Russians

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

WAPO - So they gave Democrats almost everything they wanted. Here are some of the ways Democrats won out in this bill, despite being in the minority in both houses:

$1.6 billion for border fencing, but with the specification that it only apply to existing designs, meaning no wall.

The Fix NICS Act, which modestly improves the existing gun background-check system, plus a provision instructing the Centers for Disease Control that it is free to conduct research on gun violence. Such research was effectively stopped in 1996.

A slight increase to the IRS budget. While not nearly what the agency needs, especially given the challenge of implementing the new tax law, at least it doesn’t continue the long-standing GOP effort to starve the IRS of funds and make enforcement a joke.

$380 million in assistance to states to improve the security of their election systems, and $300 million to the FBI to combat Russian hacking of those systems.

No repeal of the Johnson Amendment, which prevents churches from endorsing candidates and acting as political organizations. President Trump has advocated that the amendment be repealed.

A bar on employers such as restaurants keeping any portion of workers’ tips. The Trump Labor Department had proposed allowing tip “pooling,” including letting the boss control and potentially take workers’ tips.

Increases for the National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities. Trump had proposed eliminating them entirely.

No cuts to the EPA (Trump had proposed cutting the agency’s budget by a third) and an increase in funding for clean energy research through ARPA-E, which Trump had proposed eliminating entirely.

Increased funding for affordable housing.

Increased education funding, along with what nearly everyone is describing as a complete rejection of Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos’s agenda.

Increased funding for the National Institutes of Health.

A doubling of child-care funding for low-income families.

No defunding of sanctuary cities or Planned Parenthood.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Nonsense posted:

WAPO - So they gave Democrats almost everything they wanted. Here are some of the ways Democrats won out in this bill, despite being in the minority in both houses:

$1.6 billion for border fencing, but with the specification that it only apply to existing designs, meaning no wall.

The Fix NICS Act, which modestly improves the existing gun background-check system, plus a provision instructing the Centers for Disease Control that it is free to conduct research on gun violence. Such research was effectively stopped in 1996.

A slight increase to the IRS budget. While not nearly what the agency needs, especially given the challenge of implementing the new tax law, at least it doesn’t continue the long-standing GOP effort to starve the IRS of funds and make enforcement a joke.

$380 million in assistance to states to improve the security of their election systems, and $300 million to the FBI to combat Russian hacking of those systems.

No repeal of the Johnson Amendment, which prevents churches from endorsing candidates and acting as political organizations. President Trump has advocated that the amendment be repealed.

A bar on employers such as restaurants keeping any portion of workers’ tips. The Trump Labor Department had proposed allowing tip “pooling,” including letting the boss control and potentially take workers’ tips.

Increases for the National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities. Trump had proposed eliminating them entirely.

No cuts to the EPA (Trump had proposed cutting the agency’s budget by a third) and an increase in funding for clean energy research through ARPA-E, which Trump had proposed eliminating entirely.

Increased education funding, along with what nearly everyone is describing as a complete rejection of Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos’s agenda.

gently caress off WAPO.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

punk rebel ecks posted:

gently caress off WAPO.

nah they nailed it.

the democrats didnt want daca :shrug:

it's something else to guilt liberals into voting for ~pragmatic~ candidates

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I really don't see the "pathway to citizenship" people claimed this created, unless it's holding off on the wall funding as a way to get movement from Trump on DACA

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
thats all p good

none of that would have been possible with some bland right winger a la kasich, let alone some glassy-eyed psycho like mike pence in the white house

President Deals baby, getting things done

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

Nonsense posted:

Someone told me this was a win for the Dems because of the above. My head hurts.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Dreamers will be deported but since there is no wall they can sneak right back in. Victory!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Also Schumer & Pelsoi will never be out of the leadership because this is being seen as a triumph. Do not bother supporting primary opponents against them. Save your cash.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

New spending bill did not literally set fire to the Constitution and make Roy Moore America's Pope. VICTORY FOR DEMOCRATS

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

I find the fight song gifs to be far more rage inducing than a whole page of wj, cc, zeggy, and benniefranks all jerking themselves off over how woke they are for doing their part towards maintaining the status quo

the podcast is pretty good but the succ zone is more concerned with clutching their pearls over trump tweets, as always, because the succ has always been coming from inside the thread

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
I miss zegermans

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Phi230 posted:

I've said it before but it'd take all of a hot second after biden announces before the GOP runs nonstop ads based on the thousands of youtube videos showing biden creeping on girls and women.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

It perfectly captures the essence of succ

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Zhulik posted:

I miss zegermans

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Zhulik posted:

I miss zegermans

legit same

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
the 2020 dem nominee will be trump

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hot take: WJ and Zeg are both legit good posters when they're not being purposely antagonistic

I don't know if I've ever enjoyed a CC post though

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Willa Rogers posted:

I've said it before but it'd take all of a hot second after biden announces before the GOP runs nonstop ads based on the thousands of youtube videos showing biden creeping on girls and women.

Hey now

it’s entirely possible they might time it more strategically

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

fox news was running a biden creep montage last thanksgiving

it's very well known

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

loquacius posted:

Hot take: WJ and Zeg are both legit good posters when they're not being purposely antagonistic

I don't know if I've ever enjoyed a CC post though

Yeah; WJ sometimes makes some reasonable points regarding leftists sorta getting overenthusiastic over people who don't warrant it or losing sight of what the important goals are beyond the current stuff talked about among progressives, though I think the antagonistic tone is pointless and counterproductive.

CC will sometimes correct wrong things posters say, but the general goal of his points doesn't seem to be anything useful beyond antagonizing the left.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

yeah biden is out of the eye enough for dems that dems they still think of cheery uncle joe from the good ol obama days but if theres one thing that dem voters arent going to do post-11/9 its make apologies for powerful male sexual assaulters (as much as the bad dem donors and leaders are hoping they would for franken and other dems)

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
the brain wormed resisters have no problems with apologising for franken

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

joepinetree posted:

Honestly, I think that Biden running tremendously helps Bernie. It splits the establishment vote and blunts a lot of the dishonest "Bernie is standing in the way of women" attacks.

A lot of the white working class people who backed Bernie over Hillary will go to Joe, though, because they don't actually understand policy whatsoever. The key is having enough Resistocrats to split the post-Obama voters between Biden and others, because at present he has worrisome cross-demographic appeal (due to circumstances entirely unrelated to his merits, e.g. he was the Obama VP, he's a white man, he "tells it like it is" etc.).

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Shear Modulus posted:

yeah biden is out of the eye enough for dems that dems they still think of cheery uncle joe from the good ol obama days but if theres one thing that dem voters arent going to do post-11/9 its make apologies for powerful male sexual assaulters (as much as the bad dem donors and leaders are hoping they would for franken and other dems)

remember all the obama/biden memes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

self unaware posted:

look at this idiot

He's right, Biden would actually be favored over Trump. As would most candidates. Trump is a REALLY bad candidate, lest we forget. This is another good argument for why we should all be pushing for a solid progressive rather than some lovely compromise candidate; it's a huge opportunity (as was 2016, but the Dems "decided" to pick the weakest candidate in modern history for that one).

• Locked thread