Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

General Olloth posted:

I'd be happy with like a tau commander nerf (I only run one tyrant) or a points hike on wings or overall smite spam nerf or some combination of those but walkrants aren't good and loving with the number of casts and their invuln would make them even more bad.

I also wouldn't mind the Commander nerf, I could run three easily in my three detachments. I'd have to sell the fourth one though and I just bought it. :( But I'm used to that with Magic anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
I use Flyrants all the time and I’d accept a 10-20 point bump. MRCs could get costed and Broodlords reduced by the same amount. I’d be lying if I said I’d like it, but I’d understand.

While we’re on be topic Neurothropes should get a bump and Primes reduced greatly, but we’ll see if anything happens.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

PierreTheMime posted:

I use Flyrants all the time and I’d accept a 10-20 point bump. MRCs could get costed and Broodlords reduced by the same amount. I’d be lying if I said I’d like it, but I’d understand.

While we’re on be topic Neurothropes should get a bump and Primes reduced greatly, but we’ll see if anything happens.

I wish primes would also affect themselves. So stupid.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
I think we can all agree though: Death To The Supreme Command Detachment.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Artum posted:

:yeah:

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

General Olloth posted:

I wish primes would also affect themselves. So stupid.

Did they FAQ that they didn't? I've been going RAI with my groups because that's the spirit of the game.

Artum posted:

Game balance Ackbar!

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Did they FAQ that they didn't? I've been going RAI with my groups because that's the spirit of the game.

There’s nothing to FAQ, the rule specifically states it affects <HIVE FLEET> Tyranid Warrior units, which doesn’t include the Prime. It’s a direct translation of bumping Warriors to WS2+/BS3+ that the model did in previous editions and it itself already has that stat, so I’m not sure how it’s confusing.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Artum posted:

At the very least, have it give -1 CP

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009
Came to thread hoping for toxic ham screeching from Dakka in light of the recent SoB announcement. You guys never disappoint.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
When do we start a betting pool on hams screeching about toned down repentia sculpts?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
It's no fun when it's more guaranteed than the heat death of the universe.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Artum posted:

When do we start a betting pool on hams screeching about toned down repentia sculpts?

It's already spawned a multi-page freakout on Dakka before a single model has been shown, so you're too late.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Artum posted:

:same:

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Corrode posted:

It's already spawned a multi-page freakout on Dakka before a single model has been shown, so you're too late.

About repentia specifically or just all the boob plate?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Womz, in the Warhams.

The horror, the horror.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Schadenboner posted:

Traditional Games › Warhammer 30k: 7E Dead-Enders Appreciation Hugbox

The truth is painful and blinding. I'm sorry you had to post this in here and not the 30k thread.

EDIT: Seriously the 30k thread posted some harsh truths about how 8th 40k has ended up exactly as bad as 7th and you couldn't reply so you had to crosspost it here this is some seriously good poo poo. Thankyou.

TTerrible fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Mar 23, 2018

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost
I need some more hellblasters, snap fit ones from DI would be just fine. But I would prefer to trade for them. Anyone interested?

I have the Death Guard half of DI new on sprue that I would love to do a straight 1:1 trade for the Primaris half. Also I have the DI Primaris Inceptors new on sprue that I would love to get rid of. In the NE USA.

For actual content I am making my own Inceptors because I think the stock ones look doofy.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

PierreTheMime posted:

There’s nothing to FAQ, the rule specifically states it affects <HIVE FLEET> Tyranid Warrior units, which doesn’t include the Prime. It’s a direct translation of bumping Warriors to WS2+/BS3+ that the model did in previous editions and it itself already has that stat, so I’m not sure how it’s confusing.

It's confusing because they kept it an old way I had no idea about because I didn't play Tyranids until 8th launch, and made it a strange exception to the way auras are done in 8th every where else.

(Death to supreme command detachment)

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I am now a regular poster in this thread again and the blame lies entirely with Schadenboner.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

TTerrible posted:

Seriously the 30k thread posted some harsh truths about how 8th 40k has ended up exactly as bad as 7th and you couldn't reply so you had to crosspost it here this is some seriously good poo poo. Thankyou.

Boy I sure do love all of the bullshit battalion special rules stacking on top of each other, taudar and games that take 3 days to complete.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

AnEdgelord posted:

Boy I sure do love all of the bullshit battalion special rules stacking on top of each other, taudar and games that take 3 days to complete.

I know, it's terrible. People had such high hopes. Seems like the idea that because the Indexes were sort of balanced the codexes would be too was dumb after all.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
8E is better, both as a rules-set and as a game, than 7E ever was. I’m glad you people are happy with your “7.5” rules-set and your army lists that are basically custom-tailored to make 7 appear playable but let’s not pretend you guys are any better than Pathfinder players.

:shrug:

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 23, 2018

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
RIP 40k again. Time to go play Star Wars Legion

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'm super excited for plastic Sisters and I hope they tone down the Repentia.

As they are I'd feel awkward buying and painting basically naked ladies with swords.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

TTerrible posted:

I know, it's terrible. People had such high hopes. Seems like the idea that because the Indexes were sort of balanced the codexes would be too was dumb after all.

I was actually describing the semi-nonfunctional trash that was 7th Edition. For all its faults 8th is at least playable by an actual human being instead of sentient neckbeards.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

8E is better, both as a rules-set and as a game, than 7E. I’m glad you people are happy with your “7.5” rules-set but let’s not pretend you guys are any better than Pathfinder players.

Excuse me

What do you mean "you people"

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I can't wait for 8th ed Horus Heresy.

If only 'coz those Liquitex Inks make painting Alphas so much easier and I need a reason to build an army of them again.

Also the tears will be pretty good.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

General Olloth posted:

Excuse me

What do you mean "you people"

Sorry, I meant to say: You “people”

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Brain damage is fascinating.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Not sure we're even close to the point of "this army gets 1000 points worth of free transports and upgrades for taking things they'd have taken anyway"

also "your army book is split in two for reasons and the only way to play them as a coherent faction is to run this very specific list and also a knight"

Der Waffle Mous fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 23, 2018

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Schadenboner posted:

8E is better, both as a rules-set and as a game, than 7E. I’m glad you people are happy with your “7.5” rules-set (because, among other reasons, you little bitches aren’t around anymore) but let’s not pretend you people are any better than Pathfinder players.

Oh my god you seem to be legit mad about this? First people criticise 8th in another thread and you're so angry about it you have to retreat here and crosspost it for backup or something, now we're all little bitches

AnEdgelord posted:

I was actually describing the semi-nonfunctional trash that was 7th Edition. For all its faults 8th is at least playable by an actual human being instead of sentient neckbeards.

:thejoke:

Have you seen the winning list from Adepticon? Have you been paying attention at all? 8th is basically formation hell that 7th was and its got there in record time. Armies aren't in any way interesting any more its just optimised spreadsheets. Don't make me post the shield captains again. People not being able to see or admit this and instead getting mad as hell is very good.

90% of the issues with 7th were formations and the codexes. 30k strips all that out because its rooted in 5th/6th :ssh:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

Traditional Games › Warhammer 30k: 7E Dead-Enders Appreciation Hugbox

Were you just upset by a post so bad that you needed to crosspost it for some validation?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

TTerrible posted:

Oh my god you seem to be legit mad about this? First people criticise 8th in another thread and you're so angry about it you have to retreat here and crosspost it for backup or something, now we're all little bitches

:thejoke:

Have you seen the winning list from Adepticon? Have you been paying attention at all? 8th is basically formation hell that 7th was and its got there in record time. Armies aren't in any way interesting any more its just optimised spreadsheets. Don't make me post the shield captains again. People not being able to see or admit this and instead getting mad as hell is very good.

90% of the issues with 7th were formations and the codexes. 30k strips all that out because its rooted in 5th/6th :ssh:

This unit must Sweeping Advance

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Hencoe posted:

This unit must Sweeping Advance

They can't be expected to actually play the game, what do you want.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I'm the 30k posters rushing in to defend the honour of their chosen plastic doll game.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

SteelMentor posted:

I'm the 30k posters rushing in to defend the honour of their chosen plastic doll game.

Hey, it started because a 40k poster was so incredibly hurt by criticisms they had to run back to this thread for backup (how many CP was that?!) We were happy in our containment zone.Looks like the conversation has to come here now :shrug:

Supreme command, mixing and matching subfactions and having no benefits to staying monofaction does not at all mirror the bullshit formation lists that we saw at the end of 7th. Not. at. all.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Lot of toxicity in the thread all of a sudden.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

SteelMentor posted:

On a more amusing/sad side, there was a point in my 40K life when I was most depressed and resigned myself to playing an army of "Team Jakob" instead of space vikings. Only back in 8th edition I've determined to myself to being a proud Scandinavian/Slavic/Rus wannabe in space. Even then, I'm slowly being persuaded by my meta to start using characters on Thunderwolves again, if only as counter assault units

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
Gentlemen you can’t fight in here, this is the Warhammer room!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Mango Polo posted:

On a more amusing/sad side, there was a point in my 40K life when I was most depressed and resigned myself to playing an army of "Team Jakob" instead of space vikings. Only back in 8th edition I've determined to myself to being a proud Scandinavian/Slavic/Rus wannabe in space. Even then, I'm slowly being persuaded by my meta to start using characters on Thunderwolves again, if only as counter assault units

Brother, I feel you on this. I've not felt the pull of the rout for many an edition. Perhaps I'll come back some day. Keep a place at the table for me.