Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
everdave
Nov 14, 2005

spog posted:

Christ, you paint a depressing little vignette there.

They were be cause I a washing everything that is not tied down but it sounds very sad to me too

everdave fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Mar 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

everdave posted:

They were be cause I a mow asking everything that is not tied down but it sounds very sad to me too

I think you are supposed to keep the room well ventilated when using insecticide.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

the spyder posted:

I feel like I just threw away a week of my life. drat things can be soul sucking some days. Even worse when they are consecutive.

I hear you. I'm about to head in for an overnight shift supervising one dude who might do an hour worth of work all night because we're on a safety lockdown. Bullshit waste of a Friday night.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Liquid Communism posted:

I hear you. I'm about to head in for an overnight shift supervising one dude who might do an hour worth of work all night because we're on a safety lockdown. Bullshit waste of a Friday night.

I'm at home, wife is already in be so I'm playing with Transformers until it's workout time.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Rhyno posted:

I'm at home, wife is already in be so I'm playing with Transformers until it's workout time.

I'm a terrible nerd, so I'm grumpy that I"m not spending the night building 40k cultists.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Liquid Communism posted:

I'm a terrible nerd, so I'm grumpy that I"m not spending the night building 40k cultists.

I was gonna play some Lego video games but I keep finding amusing poo poo on youtube to watch.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Rhyno posted:

You're a newlywed, workout time is right now, in bed with her, stupid.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LloydDobler posted:

You're a newlywed, workout time is right now, in bed with her, stupid.

We did that twice today besides, she's already snoring.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

My wife and I went to a concert tonight and before hand we pregamed at a super dive bar just off the OSU campus.

The bathroom was a thing of majesty.

This is part of it. Taint. And hi... Brady.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Hi Brady

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Where were you for your boy, Brady

You let your boy down, man

He believed in you once

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The issue is the eggs they lay. There will be more than enough to re-infest later all the time - Flea bombing really is the only way to break the life cycle if they have gotten themselves established.

Bed bugs are even worse. They are unbelievably hard to get rid of without professional equipment to heat and hold a house at 150°F. I used a horribly not recommended method with using forced air propane heaters that worked on my infestation last year, but it looks like its reoccurred. At least I have the equipment to do it again if necessary. :sigh:

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
If i am literally gone for a week with kids will like these few fleas just die or? Sorry to sound so naive. I am hesitant to bomb because of kids sensitivity but I have found some fleas. I feel disgusting.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Elmnt80 posted:

Bed bugs are even worse. They are unbelievably hard to get rid of without professional equipment to heat and hold a house at 150°F. I used a horribly not recommended method with using forced air propane heaters that worked on my infestation last year, but it looks like its reoccurred. At least I have the equipment to do it again if necessary. :sigh:

Bed bugs can live for 18 months without eating and then come back.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

How do you even go on if you get bed bugs oh my just so gross.

Also I may Be the only person on earth seriously
Drooling over the new 19 Corolla hatch

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Yeah. One of the advantages of using heat is that its supposed to sterilize the ones that escape. Except I didn't get the other bedroom hot enough, so some seemed to survive and can still reproduce.

everdave posted:

How do you even go on if you get bed bugs oh my just so gross.

Also I may Be the only person on earth seriously
Drooling over the new 19 Corolla hatch

Because I have no other options? Also, you got fleas bitch, you don't get to judge. :v:

And no, you're not. I kinda want a corolla hatch.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 24, 2018

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

It took 9 years, but finally someone got annoyed enough to buy me an avatar. :sun:

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Elmnt80 posted:

Yeah. One of the advantages of using heat is that its supposed to sterilize the ones that escape. Except I didn't get the other bedroom hot enough, so some seemed to survive and can still reproduce.

Because I have no other options? You got fleas bitch, you don't get to judge. :v:

I am not judging it’s just something I’m terrified of because I vacation a lot. And did you see the new hatch in blue man I’m happy with my new Hyundai but I got some feels going on

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Eh, sorry. Just touchy since I still have scars down my arms and legs from the first infestation. Fwiw, alot of the same treatments for bedbugs work on fleas since they are similar enough. If your dryer has a sanitize setting, regularly drying your bedding on it for 45 minutes can help limit their spread there. Also helpful is harris's bedbug spray. Its not as harsh as using raid or something like that and effective at spot treating. But bombing will be the most effective. Good luck buddy :shobon:

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Please know I would feel ashamed if you thought I was just judging you. I stay in hotels often and like I s aid I worry about bed bugs. I can’t imagine.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Treat your animals and get some floor spray from the vet. I can't think of what it's called, but we used it when we were infested. You lock the animals away and spray the floors and maybe other surfaces like couches (read the label first), and stay off them for two hours. It kills fleas and eggs and lasts for about 120 days. Keep your animals treated and you're good.

What you've got now is not a big deal at all, just treat it and you're good. We tried the seresto collars on our animals. The dog didn't care and it worked great on him (he is a very fluffy Chow pom mix). The cat scratch himself until he bled with it, so we removed it and went to a topical from the vet. Been good ever since.

E: I can get the name of the spray when I get home.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

RE: Fleas

A Capstar will kill every adult on the animal, like immediately, which is nice if the cat is covered in them. Unfortunately the fleas you are seeing only represent about 10% at most of the total population. You need to get on long term flea prevention as was said, and it takes 3 months to completely break the cycle.

My wife likes Bravecto because it comes in a topical that works for 3 months with one dose. If the cat is staying indoor/outdoor, you should treat the house inside with something - a Fipronil spray is effective and very safe. Sevin dust or whatever you want to use outdoors around the house.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Elmnt80 posted:

Trust me when I say millions of people want a corolla hatch.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
My cat IS a super floof and she won’t be back in this spring//summer. Can you look up what that floor treatment is? I have some old flea/tick spray I have shot on couch and chair. Also cat will be flea
Dipped and hair cut when the vet gets me in and it’s not going to be cold anymore

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Hey TT

We also got a 4th dinner in the 8 man Squad 'Event' and are now 1-for-1 100% on that mode which is now on the live servers. Pretty fun, definitely check it out if you haven't tried it - our game with 4 randos was like the bank heist scene from "Heat" the entire round and then we pulled off a sweet platoon-style pincer maneuver to finish the last 9 guys.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Oh, a fun and somewhat disgusting fact about certain flea treatments. Some of the major flea medications for animals act by literally making the blood poisonous to fleas. This also affects bedbugs in the same manner should they bite an animal being treated for fleas with this medication. Its possible to dose a human being to become poisonous to bedbugs with said medication for about $40. However it fucks with white blood cell production in human beings, so you suffer from a depressed immune system while it works its way out of your system. That said, its depressingly common for people who cannot afford the $1000+ it costs for professional treatments.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
We’ll i can’t do that to my little girls, but I hope this is manageable especially because we will be out of the house for a week. Thoughts or this doesn’t matter? Should I bomb? What about betas in fish tanks

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Like people said, flea dip the cat and get it taken care of, spray your floors, treat the cats main hangout areas, dry your bedding on high heat and you should be fine. If necessary you can bomb the house, but that takes half a day, not a week. And the betas should probably be covered or taken out of the house if you do.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

hey man can we cut out all this flea chat?

it really bugs me

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Elmnt80 posted:

Like people said, flea dip the cat and get it taken care of, spray your floors, treat the cats main hangout areas, dry your bedding on high heat and you should be fine. If necessary you can bomb the house, but that takes half a day, not a week. And the betas should probably be covered or taken out of the house if you do.

Thanks man

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Floor spray.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
THANKS

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

everdave posted:

Thanks man

Oh, I almost forgot. Spread crushed up mothballs in the yard to kill the fleas out there. It works, trust me. We had to fight fleas before the bedbugs! :v:

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
I hates skeeters
and cluster flies
and grasshoppers.

I've never had to deal with fleas, my critters stay pretty tidy I guess.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Enourmo posted:

hey man can we cut out all this flea chat?

it really bugs me

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

New ignition switch showed up.

Advertised new in OEM packaging. It was wrapped in generic bubble wrap and looks like it was installed once. :argh: Doesn't look old though (no dust or anything), snaps into each position cleanly, it's OEM, and carries the revised part number.. I'll have to take a multimeter to it before I tear into the car. Not sure if a multimeter will work too well for testing, since it has a funky circuit in it that drops one line from 12V to 5V to 5V w/resistor. I may just unplug the old one, plug this one in, and try a re-learn. If that works. I'll go ahead and tear the rest apart.

Something's really getting under your skin there.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
3-mg equivalent ivermectin every third day for two weeks, or 15mg ivermectin twice a month. Also works on scabies and a multitude of other parasites/worms. For parasitic infections, one 3mg dose is usually enough. Do the math on the horse paste, same dosage if using "enteric" acid-resistant gelcaps, or +25% dosage if using regular gelcaps with a normal diet. The liquid medications you find do not work with capsules, and most likely taste terrible. This treatment will not work to eliminate bed bugs, but would probably reduce the amount of bites per night. Bed bugs emerge once a week-ish to feed, so multiple successive weeks of treatment would be necessary.

1cc/5kg IM of 1% agro-mectin for animals (not humans!) for the critters. Do not give collies or white-padded dogs this, as it precludes a genetic liver deformity that could kill them.

I am not a doctor/vet and have never lived in a situation where all three of the above were rampant, so do not take my advice, you or your animals could die, and/or suffer permanent liver damage. This entire post was in jest, and you are a terrible person for even considering any part of this post as anything other than a falsehood.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

New ignition switch showed up.

I yearn for a simpler time...

flip toggle switch, engage starter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I never knew fleas were such a big deal. We always do the coat treatment for our dogs, and even when one got fleas, we gave her a couple flea baths to clear it up
Bugs are the worst

All I want right now is Taco Bell and beer. A couple Abita Turbodogs, a crunchwrap supreme, a quesarito, and a beefy nacho griller, all with diablo sauce
Sauteed vegetables and sake for me instead

• Locked thread