Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I spent some time careposting at Grumpy about how world is a cesspool and people quit over how bad it is and how we’ve complained multiple times and been ignored (which he’s confused about and doesn’t remember).

SO

If you have screenshots or chat logs or whatever about “we complained about a pubbie being a gross shithead and nothing happened”, please post them here or a link to them so I can send it to him and be like “yeah so this poo poo’s what we’re talking about”.

Also he doesn’t think world chat is homophobic, which is loving comical, so screenshots of that would be cool too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?
Maybe we should just send him this thread? Plenty of screenshot examples in it..

Can't believe he's still being such a jerk towards the goon guild :-\

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
I think its more that goons are always on, pretty keyed into social awareness, and itching for a fight on the internet. So we're going to be bringing poo poo up and are going to be annoyed, at the very least, about it.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
There's been times I've wanted to put some money into the game but what always held me back is how cancerous World and by extension the admins are.

And at this point if I'm going to support any terrible sites with my :10bux: it's just going to be the Lowtax Please Don't Die fund on this one.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Y’all know that Hermès = Grumpy right?

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
This one was quick to find because I formatted it before I sent it to Grumpy.

Edit: The MMO HMO > Ever wanted to play a game where you produce faggotism?

RabbitWizard fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 9, 2018

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

such a cool game

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Nerf combat

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

CoffeeQaddaffi posted:

I think its more that goons are always on, pretty keyed into social awareness, and itching for a fight on the internet. So we're going to be bringing poo poo up and are going to be annoyed, at the very least, about it.

That and the only thing better than acting like a jerk in a game and getting banned is to trick pubs into getting themselves banned.

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
From the forum:

"New Rule - The newest addition to the Manual > Rules page -

Slurs: Use of slurs is expressly forbidden. Use of slurs, either directly or indirectly will automatically result in a hefty mute. Repeated use will result in a ban. Slurs include but are not limited to race and sexual orientation." :commissar:

Looks like we won?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Moose_Knuck posted:

Looks like we won?

Not so fast there son. The next step will be the fight over what constitutes a slur. As we saw yesterday, what we might be unhappy about doesn't even register on mod radar.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Ratzap posted:

Not so fast there son. The next step will be the fight over what constitutes a slur. As we saw yesterday, what we might be unhappy about doesn't even register on mod radar.

I’ve been careposting at Grumpy about poo poo and at least with the dude who got muted for (jokingly, but still) calling someone a pillow biter, Grumpy told me that this time when someone in egoose called for mod intervention, he googled the term to see what’s up (he thought Pancake was trolling before, because he’s dumb idk).

Also, I think he got his feelings hurt a little but still understood my point when he asked for examples and I dropped a bunch of screenshots on him from the beginning of the thread, pointed out that his community is full of unrepentant bigots, and then used Kamaki (we love you and miss you, Kamaki) as an example of “here is a good player who left because the mods suck and the player base is worse” and said that it was basically a result of his bad moderation.

So he’s trying a little harder on that front now. Try to be patient with him and try to explain things in small words, with examples, if something he does (or doesn’t do) seems unfair. Expect moderation to be stricter in the future.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Can I get an invite, please? In game name is Krion.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Partial Octopus posted:

Can I get an invite, please? In game name is Krion.

invite sent, :f5:

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Grumpy seems like a pretty decent guy honestly, he just seems to be mostly focused on the coding side of things and likely was not prepared for the internet and the way the internet will always prove it doesn't deserve nice things. This is a good step in the right direction though.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Colin Mockery posted:

I’ve been careposting at Grumpy about poo poo and at least with the dude who got muted for (jokingly, but still) calling someone a pillow biter, Grumpy told me that this time when someone in egoose called for mod intervention, he googled the term to see what’s up (he thought Pancake was trolling before, because he’s dumb idk).

Also, I think he got his feelings hurt a little but still understood my point when he asked for examples and I dropped a bunch of screenshots on him from the beginning of the thread, pointed out that his community is full of unrepentant bigots, and then used Kamaki (we love you and miss you, Kamaki) as an example of “here is a good player who left because the mods suck and the player base is worse” and said that it was basically a result of his bad moderation.

So he’s trying a little harder on that front now. Try to be patient with him and try to explain things in small words, with examples, if something he does (or doesn’t do) seems unfair. Expect moderation to be stricter in the future.

Fighting the good fight, good work. Tbh part of the reason I left was because the appeal of a MUD is (to me) mostly in the community. I love Goons but there's only so many of us and the game's boring as poo poo when guild chat is dead and all that's scrolling by in my chat window is stupid trash in World chat that makes me want to leave.

Well, that, and my work started blocking Amaranthine :mad: But I'd have more interest in playing at home while I'm on my computer (or when I'm working from home) if World weren't a dumpster fire.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Magres posted:

Fighting the good fight, good work. Tbh part of the reason I left was because the appeal of a MUD is (to me) mostly in the community. I love Goons but there's only so many of us and the game's boring as poo poo when guild chat is dead and all that's scrolling by in my chat window is stupid trash in World chat that makes me want to leave.

Well, that, and my work started blocking Amaranthine :mad: But I'd have more interest in playing at home while I'm on my computer (or when I'm working from home) if World weren't a dumpster fire.

There's a group a pubbies that recently joined from some other game and they're pretty fun in world chat. I think they have a few goons in there too.

eGoose, we're iMoose. At least right now. I'm, sure they'll change names like we do because it's funny and messes with pubs.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Colin Mockery posted:

I miss being in there too, but until grumpy realises that there's a solution to the problem (good mods, I dunno, maybe make someone from here a mod....) then it's just a crappy environment with a semi-idle mud on top.

I did log in to check whether I had anything useful and all my messages are gone...no archive, nothing. Empty inbox :( so I can't even supply any of the conversations with grumpy, unfortunately.

I did try offering myself up as a mod but I suspect he thinks I'd mute people for things he personally doesn't give a poo poo about (from my interactions with him, he seems to really not care what people say, unless it's the goonswarm saying it...

Really wish I'd taken screenshots of the mails that went between us.

Good that he's even vaguely trying to amend what's mutable etc though...maybe eventually it'll be a relatively healthy online community...

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Nice to hear from you :)

You would have been the best mod ever!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Grumpy has repetitively said he doesn't accept mods from the player base. He only makes people mod that he knows IRL. He doesn't trust people he meets online.

It's like he's stuck in 1997.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Are you telling me the dev knows that guy Thor? lol

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Thor is Sal, we suspect.

Saiphae
Feb 11, 2018
If I could get an invite please. Character Name is Saiphae.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Saiphae posted:

If I could get an invite please. Character Name is Saiphae.

Invite sent.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Can a brother get an invite? Character name is Bartok

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

bartok posted:

Can a brother get an invite? Character name is Bartok

Invite sent.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

char name Lutha

invite plz :q:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

char name Lutha

invite plz :q:
Invite sent #wow #whoa

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Easter event is up!

Consumables are always awful in these things, get 960 eggs to get 20 bunnies and upgrade them all to 5 of the modified superiors. IMO best investment is grow time, there's easy ways to get spell duration (although more is always better, so buy one if you want to), capacity is almost certainly not worth it.

If you get over 960 eggs please consider redistributing them to other goons who can't play all weekend. Event ends at reset on Monday (8pm EDT), shop stays open for another week and change. If you haven't played in a while at least check in after Monday to see if there's extra eggs we can trade in, since the limits are per-account.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Roflex posted:

Easter event is up!

Consumables are always awful in these things, get 960 eggs to get 20 bunnies and upgrade them all to 5 of the modified superiors. IMO best investment is grow time, there's easy ways to get spell duration (although more is always better, so buy one if you want to), capacity is almost certainly not worth it.

If you get over 960 eggs please consider redistributing them to other goons who can't play all weekend. Event ends at reset on Monday (8pm EDT), shop stays open for another week and change. If you haven't played in a while at least check in after Monday to see if there's extra eggs we can trade in, since the limits are per-account.

where do you get 960? 36*20=720

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

gently caress this Grumpy in the ear.

He doesn't give a poo poo about anything, papacowboy was roleplaying a sexual relationship with someone he was calling "little girl" and having her call him "daddy".

Grumpy muted me for calling him a pedophile and refused to listen to reason that it was pedophilia.

This community is unredeemable as long as Grumpy runs this game.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Lmao that's vile

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

pixaal posted:

He doesn't give a poo poo about anything, papacowboy was roleplaying a sexual relationship with someone he was calling "little girl" and having her call him "daddy".

Grumpy muted me for calling him a pedophile and refused to listen to reason that it was pedophilia.

ddlg's becoming a thing and people are going 'but it's not sexual' all over the place right now...doesn't surprise me that papacpwboy would be gross enough to bring that into chat :/

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Option 1 - stop reading world

Option 2 - start roleplaying little boy + daddy and wait for the hypocracy

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Ratzap posted:

Option 1 - stop reading world

Option 2 - start roleplaying little boy + daddy and wait for the hypocracy

I can change my name to Abuse Abuse.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I'll rp a daddies little boy. When I'm around.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Crescent Wrench posted:

I can change my name to Abuse Abuse.

Caboose Abuse?

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

lol remember when I made a little stink because Grumpy banned people over the smilie addon and everyone said I was the one being unreasonable?

Btw I was doing a lot worse than replacing text with images which is another reason the guy is a moron.

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014
In as Thisisfbi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

pixaal posted:

I remember when I posted galtse on his forums and they died.

Good times.