Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Fallom posted:

All the reviews say that your experience is basically all there is to the game

It's surprisingly fun to do. People are getting really mad about not having friends to play with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

It's surprisingly fun to do. People are getting really mad about not having friends to play with.

And as was said in discord, we got schooled in a 3 person galleon by a dude in a sloop. He wrecked us all. So we laughed about it and moved on about our day. Even when we got wrecked by another galleon and we couldn't manage to chase them down, we just wandered off and did something else. I think this game will be one of those that only groups of people play, and when it's all squads and duos riding boats into ridiculous battle on the high seas, it will be more amazing.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
It's fun but if anyone was legitimately anticipating the game or actually paid money I couldn't blame them for being pissed and/or disappointed . If they don't have new poo poo lined up QUICK the game will be lucky to last as long as the 14day trial thing

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Yeah it’s a lot of fun to play with some friends but if I’d paid $60 (holy poo poo) for this game I’d be loving furious. The UI is awful, although maybe nonexistent would be a better word. The game itself is good looking but other than wrecking pubbies there isn’t much to do either.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Terrible Robot posted:

Yeah it’s a lot of fun to play with some friends but if I’d paid $60 (holy poo poo) for this game I’d be loving furious. The UI is awful, although maybe nonexistent would be a better word. The game itself is good looking but other than wrecking pubbies there isn’t much to do either.

Oh yeah I wouldn't lay down $60 for this game. It would need legitimate stuff to do/obtain aside from cosmetics, maybe AI pirates to fight when the other players aren't around or are too cowardly to throw down, etc. And gently caress the xbox app, seriously.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Gameplay is solid, but light on content. Everything else is garbage. But drat it's fun to crew a boat and wreck pubbies

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The ideas behind the pvp part of the game are super solid. You run into other players while trying to complete your own missions forcing you to fight, run, or mutually ignore each other. Think of it like dark souls where you're getting invaded while trying to advance the storyline. The problem is the actual missions in the game aren't enthralling enough in their own right. Its like they hired the guy that made the repeatable quests from fallout.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

The ideas behind the pvp part of the game are super solid. You run into other players while trying to complete your own missions forcing you to fight, run, or mutually ignore each other. Think of it like dark souls where you're getting invaded while trying to advance the storyline. The problem is the actual missions in the game aren't enthralling enough in their own right. Its like they hired the guy that made the repeatable quests from fallout.

That's exactly what I was thinking about the quests. That I felt like I must have been getting them from Preston Garvey.

And yeah we got into a 3 way galleon battle last night that was hilarious.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

that being said everything else is amazing. The galleon can have a four man crew and you have to man the rudder, the 3x sails, 4x cannons on each side all while repelling boarders, patching the hull, and bailing water.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

That's exactly what I was thinking about the quests. That I felt like I must have been getting them from Preston Garvey.

And yeah we got into a 3 way galleon battle last night that was hilarious.

loving tunnel vision is real, we snuck up on a galleon that was getting pounded by a skull fort, and then a sloop rolls up out of nowhere and starts lighting them up, and then a galleon sneaks up behind us and starts shooting us and it's a 4 way ship battle with the skull fort just firing on everyone and we're all taking hits and it was insane. I don't know who was the eventual winner though because we got knocked out by dudes boarding and then blasting holes in our ship.

Also after the GiP group folded for the night, I rolled onto the Reddit discord server, and the dudes were actually pretty cool and all about sneaking up on people doing missions and wrecking their poo poo, and I learned a nasty trick you can do to a chasing ship with a barrel of gunpowder, by jumping overboard off the aft end of the ship into the path of the chasing ship with gunpowder, when you touch the ship it will glitch into their hull thanks to the fun collision mechanics and blow up in their lower hold sinking them. There's also a couple things you can do with gunpowder if you're solo slooping and you get boarded, like put the gunpowder belowdecks and if you get boarded you can scuttle the ship and sink it too fast for others to loot it and potentially kill your boarder by diving off the bridge into the map room and having the gunpowder under the stairs so that when they come down to kill you, you shoot the gunpowder with a blunderbuss blowing them away, sure you lose your poo poo but they don't get it either because they're dead.

You can also use gunpowder in your boarding parties by having 2-3 people board the enemy ship and clear the decks, and then while they're respawning you send the 4th man over with gunpowder, run to the brig and blow it, and sink their poo poo before they respawn.

Also for super-fast gold accumulation, do the skeleton pirate missions because even the poo poo skeleton missions are worth 400 gold for the lowest quality skull. I made ~6000 gold in an hour doing a medium quality mission for the skull lady because we got lucky and got 3 high quality skulls out of 12 in the 4 maps we got from the voyage.

Also we need to start loving with skullforts, or loving with dudes coming off of skullforts, because holy lol the loot is nuts.

That's like 5 grand worth of poo poo for 1 fort.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 22, 2018

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Far Cry 5 now available for pre-load

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

:flashfap:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkHVTBruicA

holy heck

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Mother of God

Come on Tuesday

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
lmao I'm so ready for this

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
I really hope this mission was added during the month delay

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

God CIA man always gives the best missions.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I got my pre-order at GameStop cause the loving color changing mug lmao

Can’t wait

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Why the gently caress does Amazon not have a physical copy for PC? No preorder discount on digital copies. :mad:

Edit: If I'm gonna spend $60 I might as well get the mug.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
sea of theif seems bad heres a real game with high seas adventure instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiQuilmzr8I

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
ps i did some cool bike tricks tonight in ol pubg

i should upload the vids but im lazy, maybe later

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
pps i also dropped 1 vs squad and murdered this racist shitbrick while his friend failed to stop me, it felt good

i killed his friend too and scolded him about the company he keeps over local chat

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

O7

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

pps i also dropped 1 vs squad and murdered this racist shitbrick while his friend failed to stop me, it felt good

i killed his friend too and scolded him about the company he keeps over local chat

i want to be your friend irl and buy you beers.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

ElMaligno posted:

i want to be your friend irl and buy you beers.

He'll just drop them and cry about it

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

F

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

He'll just drop them and cry about it

youre just a jealous hater who wishes he killed dudes with a sweet motorcycle jump

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Anyone want a PSN 20% off total order code?

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

So I just took a dudes head off with a heavy javelin in Chivalry: Medieval Combat.
Archers rule, not sure why I avoided them for so long. Knights suck forever though.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Anyone want a PSN 20% off total order code?

Yeah me. I gotta get FC5!!!!!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Evil Within 2 is super cool. Can be played as a straight third person shooter or stealthy action horror game.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

holocaust bloopers posted:

Evil Within 2 is super cool. Can be played as a straight third person shooter or stealthy action horror game.

does it run on the id engine like the first one?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

does it run on the id engine like the first one?

Not sure. Looks and plays great, though.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Finally got around to checking out 2017 Prey.

Its good

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

holocaust bloopers posted:

Not sure. Looks and plays great, though.

i loved the first one basically because I geeked out over the engine the entire time

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

On what platform?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Handsome Ralph posted:

On what platform?

Steam. I don't know when the peasants get it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Preloading on Xbox one xoxo

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
A reminder why twitch exists.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PlacidOnerousCodMau5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Steam. I don't know when the peasants get it.

I have it on Uplay cause of that SSD promotion, but I can't preload it through their app. Boourns.