Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
On a similar note, what's a good BPM to start with on SDVX? I've seen people say like 600-800 but that seems reaaaalllly high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ebacho
Oct 26, 2010

garfield hentai posted:

On a similar note, what's a good BPM to start with on SDVX? I've seen people say like 600-800 but that seems reaaaalllly high.

To start I'd err on the side of a lower number. I think I started around 450 and worked up to 800 by nudging it up by 20-40 every couple sessions. I've since dialed it back to around 720ish but I still fiddle with it depending on the chart, bumping it down to 700 or up to 760.

Only Shallow
Nov 12, 2005

show
Who’s at Big Deal?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Elephunk posted:

Where would the headphone jack be? On the underside of the buttons, facing the floor?

Yeah, it'll be near the top of the underside somewhere. The official jack has a red light on it and a volume dial.

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe

Only Shallow posted:

Who’s at Big Deal?

Getting ready to play in the B tier IIDX tourney.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

garfield hentai posted:

Whatever you're comfortable with when you're playing, though you'll end up raising it naturally as you get better and do more difficult songs due to note density. I play at 750 now though I was at 800 for a while, and I know players that play well over 800. Then there's another player I know of that can play everything at .5 speed lol.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
i always play at :devil: 666 :devil:

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

I tried playing Cannon Ballers for the first time today. The UI is super slick, and I passed 7 dan on my first try! Not bad for being super rusty. Still not sure how to work out the white / green numbers, I try to get my green number around 340 and my white number around 300-ish and it seems okay-ish?

Also do all R1 cabs now have headphone jacks? Because my ears were ringing after playing for around an hour today.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

kimcicle posted:

I tried playing Cannon Ballers for the first time today. The UI is super slick, and I passed 7 dan on my first try! Not bad for being super rusty. Still not sure how to work out the white / green numbers, I try to get my green number around 340 and my white number around 300-ish and it seems okay-ish?

Also do all R1 cabs now have headphone jacks? Because my ears were ringing after playing for around an hour today.

That's what I've read (about headphones jacks.) The two machines in Round 1 Georgia had headphone amps, but I don't know if they were part of the original machine or installed after the fact. I didn't get a good look at them, but they were underneath the key panel, kinda off center. Seemed mod-like to me. And yea, god drat do I wish I had brought proper headphones on that trip. The ambient noise in that particular Round 1 got old real quick.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

kimcicle posted:

Quoting myself for GN/WN chat:

DizzyBum posted:

1.) Switch to standard hi-speed adjustment to get as close as you can to your preferred GN.
2.) Adjust the lane cover to fine-tune GN.
3.) Switch to floating hi-speed to lock in your GN. Now you can adjust the lane cover (white number) to your liking.

GN is the important one. WN is just how much of the lane is being covered. Everybody's a little bit different, so play with it and see how you feel.

As a side note, I didn't mention Lift, mostly because I never figured out how to use it. :v:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

enojy posted:

That's what I've read (about headphones jacks.) The two machines in Round 1 Georgia had headphone amps, but I don't know if they were part of the original machine or installed after the fact. I didn't get a good look at them, but they were underneath the key panel, kinda off center. Seemed mod-like to me. And yea, god drat do I wish I had brought proper headphones on that trip. The ambient noise in that particular Round 1 got old real quick.

Headphones are an absolute necessity if you want to hear SDVX or Groove Coaster.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
https://twitter.com/Round1USA/status/983796615960969216

https://twitter.com/DANCERUSH573/status/983902492516691969

Seems like Konmai's pretty serious about this.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'm curious if they actually localized the game.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Even in the Japanese version, you can choose from English, Korean, and Chinese languages on the mode select screen. The English is also voiced by Sota Fujimori.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

leather fedora posted:

Even in the Japanese version, you can choose from English, Korean, and Chinese languages on the mode select screen. The English is also voiced by Sota Fujimori.

:aaa: I did not expect that!

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

now if only they'd put out an english patch for the Round1 IIDX cabs (also do something about the lack of extra stages)

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

MiniFoo posted:

now if only they'd put out an english patch for the Round1 IIDX cabs (also do something about the lack of extra stages)

Ughhh I would have lost my poo poo if I found out I could go to Round1 and play BUZRA ARTS. All of those songs are so good.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

Ughhh I would have lost my poo poo if I found out I could go to Round1 and play BUZRA ARTS. All of those songs are so good.

If you get a basic e-amuse subscription for a month, the BUZRA ARTS songs are available for purchase with the in-game currency in Cannon Ballers as of last week or so.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Elephunk posted:

If you get a basic e-amuse subscription for a month, the BUZRA ARTS songs are available for purchase with the in-game currency in Cannon Ballers as of last week or so.

Good to know! Sadly, I no longer live close to a Round1; I'm in central NJ now. The closest ones to me are at least an hour and a half away.

Fortunately, I live close to 8 on the Break, which just happens to have a fully-unlocked Sinobuz. :getin: It's just a matter of finding time to actually go there!

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

DizzyBum posted:

Good to know! Sadly, I no longer live close to a Round1; I'm in central NJ now. The closest ones to me are at least an hour and a half away.

Fortunately, I live close to 8 on the Break, which just happens to have a fully-unlocked Sinobuz. :getin: It's just a matter of finding time to actually go there!

Let me know if you ever come down to Exton R1, I'm there most nights of the week playing SDVX and I see NJ heads there fairly often.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

I remember when they got the cab ten years ago.. 8th style hooked up to a time crisis monitor.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

MiniFoo posted:

English will not prevent me from mashing the white key too much and accidentally choosing Step Up when not logged in to e-amuse for the 10000th time

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
is there anywhere i can see stepcharts for popn music?

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

bought a bitcash card and has to ms-paint draw some hiragana to use it, but I managed to pay for sinobuz unlocks on cannon ballers.

beat juggling mix on a real cab is Just the Best

I had 90k LEG saved up and couldn't even buy all the hypers, let alone the anothers too. And I've spent about $100 on IIDX since december...

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

CROSS×BEATS is getting shut down in June. :( Really fun game too, so that's a real shame.

Hopefully Tokyo Attack and others will start scooping up cheap cabinets and bringing them to cons.

ebacho
Oct 26, 2010

DizzyBum posted:

CROSS×BEATS is getting shut down in June. :( Really fun game too, so that's a real shame.

Hopefully Tokyo Attack and others will start scooping up cheap cabinets and bringing them to cons.

They mentioned the AC version is getting offline support so here's hoping, though if it's anything like the way Project Diva AC does offline mode it might be a while to get actual cabs working away from a R1.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Is there any way to change your location setting on eamuse? I spun and pressed a random location and apparently that means I'm in Indonesia for my IIDX profile.

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it
How are people playing this at home now? I have my two old bm ps2 controllers but I was hoping there was a more recent game out for home play.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

teknologik posted:

How are people playing this at home now? I have my two old bm ps2 controllers but I was hoping there was a more recent game out for home play.

Infinitas on PC.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Got my 10d gold wings in SDVX :toot:

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

teknologik posted:

With your PS2 controllers you might have less stress and better luck just getting your PS2 and an old TV running again.

Depending on the PS2 -> USB adapter used, and a USKOC versus a JPKOC, it can be really hard to get the PS2 controllers working right on PC because of "polling rates".

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

kimcicle posted:

Is there any way to change your location setting on eamuse? I spun and pressed a random location and apparently that means I'm in Indonesia for my IIDX profile.

You can make a new eamuse account and attach your card to that one.

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it

Takoluka posted:

Infinitas on PC.

Thanks! Is there a recommended controller?

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Finally booked my room for Storm. I assume at least a few of you are fighting game players in addition to Bemani players and will be going. If so we should say hello to each other, especially enojy who I haven't seen in like 10 years I feel.

I am so loving tired of DDR. I absolutely hate how the game is mostly gimmick bullshit with terrible music. I wish there were more charts like Astrogazer/Come to Life/Nageki no Ki in the 18s folder and a lot fewer charts like New Decade and Pluto Relinquish/First. Especially because I get this dull leg pain in my left leg doing tons of loving jump mashing.-

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

teknologik posted:

Thanks! Is there a recommended controller?

I've only ever heard good things about DAO controllers, but I don't know if there have been new releases from other companies in a long while.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Finally booked my room for Storm. I assume at least a few of you are fighting game players in addition to Bemani players and will be going. If so we should say hello to each other, especially enojy who I haven't seen in like 10 years I feel.

I am so loving tired of DDR. I absolutely hate how the game is mostly gimmick bullshit with terrible music. I wish there were more charts like Astrogazer/Come to Life/Nageki no Ki in the 18s folder and a lot fewer charts like New Decade and Pluto Relinquish/First. Especially because I get this dull leg pain in my left leg doing tons of loving jump mashing.-

I'll be there! Only on (probably) Saturday, though. We met up in Clearwater, yes? I'll keep an eye out for you! Or rather, we will absolutely run into each other taking turns on the pop'n music machine :P (there'll be Jubeat, too, but ehh...)

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
I was really feeling it yesterday and I got to passing 6th Dan. It's been a while since I've been at that level.

I got a PS2 last week and am hoping to start getting my hands on some CS IIDX games one way or another. IIDX Red CS was always my favorite. What are your favorite home versions?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Takoluka posted:

I've only ever heard good things about DAO controllers

My Dao PEE remains amazing. Worth the money I paid for it, for sure. I'm still very blah at IIDX, mind you, but that isn't the controller's fault. :v:

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

enojy posted:

I'll be there! Only on (probably) Saturday, though. We met up in Clearwater, yes? I'll keep an eye out for you! Or rather, we will absolutely run into each other taking turns on the pop'n music machine :P (there'll be Jubeat, too, but ehh...)

I think I've only ever met you at old Nexus and maybe new Nexus? Were you Hudson's roommate at some point in Orlando? I may have seen you one of the few times I went to play PIU when he was there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

I think I've only ever met you at old Nexus and maybe new Nexus? Were you Hudson's roommate at some point in Orlando? I may have seen you one of the few times I went to play PIU when he was there.

Oh yea! I went to the Nexus a bunch, too. I must be getting my IIDX locations mixed up in my old age. And yea, Hudson was my roommate for about a year while we were both at UCF!