Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

You Am I posted:

Well we may say can be good, but the recent episodes Seer is really starting to irritate me

The Peccadillo posted:

Gimme a rundown? Or should I just listen to some

The problem is that Gaukroger was an effective foil to disrupt Sear's stumbling tangents, and there hasn't been an effective replacement. He's having trouble finding guests beyond a relatively small circle, and, although it's not entirely his fault given our political class, he's locked into a repetitive oscillation between the ongoing death camp bulletins and the right-wing ratchet. Unless you listen for some details you don't always hear about the current issues, it's getting to be a bit of a slog particularly with the length of episodes going for a hour or more.

By contrast, BVCC and the Buzzfeed podcasts are far less angry (or perhaps just more cynical) and easier to listen to. It's not fair perhaps but that's how it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Anidav posted:

If Labor swings to the left at the national conference I might consider rejoining

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

ewe2 posted:

The problem is that Gaukroger was an effective foil to disrupt Sear's stumbling tangents, and there hasn't been an effective replacement. He's having trouble finding guests beyond a relatively small circle, and, although it's not entirely his fault given our political class, he's locked into a repetitive oscillation between the ongoing death camp bulletins and the right-wing ratchet. Unless you listen for some details you don't always hear about the current issues, it's getting to be a bit of a slog particularly with the length of episodes going for a hour or more.

By contrast, BVCC and the Buzzfeed podcasts are far less angry (or perhaps just more cynical) and easier to listen to. It's not fair perhaps but that's how it is.

I hate it very much from this description

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anidav posted:

If Labor swings to the left at the national conference I might consider rejoining

:irony:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Krabboss posted:

It's a legitimate word to describe a legitimate psychological response to negative stimulus. It's been purposefully ripped to poo poo by the right wing by latching on to a few tumblr teens who used the word incorrectly.

Anyway, Chris Kenny is almost certainly the dumbest person in the media, right?

IT's a legit word for people with severe anxiety, stress disorders, or otherwise ways of bringing back flashbacks or panic attacks. It is not for "this upset me".

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

ewe2 posted:

Yeah, his solo one before the SA and Batman election was particularly annoying, especially since he had to record an bit at the end of it because of Greens view on the tax changes that Labor wants to bring in

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

Lid posted:

IT's a legit word for people with severe anxiety, stress disorders, or otherwise ways of bringing back flashbacks or panic attacks. It is not for "this upset me".

Thanks for repeating back to me what I just said, but the person I was responding to was disparaging its use in any context, fuckface.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Labor left is pushing to shut down off shore detention, bring refugees here and increase the intake to the same level as the Greens refugee proposal.

If they get conference majority there will be an extremely different policy platform from what most would expect from Bill Shorten. What I've been reading up on is that essentially Bill Shorten might be trapped with what is essentially an Anthony Albanese platform minus Albanese himself.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Krabboss posted:

It's a legitimate word to describe a legitimate psychological response to negative stimulus. It's been purposefully ripped to poo poo by the right wing by latching on to a few tumblr teens who used the word incorrectly.

Language evolves over time. Now it means something else.

When people hear something they don't personally like then point and scream "triggered" with a finger pointing like they're the Donald Sutherland screaming at Veronica Cartwright then it's never going to be legitimate.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

DancingShade posted:

When people hear something they don't personally like then point and scream "triggered" with a finger pointing like they're the Donald Sutherland screaming at Veronica Cartwright then it's never going to be legitimate.

The only reason it could be considered illegitimate is because dickheads like you decide it isn't.

It's a legitimate word that is used incorrectly sometimes. Guess what, so's the rest of the English loving language.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Krabboss posted:

Thanks for repeating back to me what I just said, but the person I was responding to was disparaging its use in any context, fuckface.

I... was agreeing... with you... just elaborating...

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

so how's changing the alp from within going

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
seems like that guy was easily triggered

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I think the most important change Labor could make right now is putting the u back in. Would it not be a catchy trendy hipster millennial move like "putting u back in Labour" and then there are pictures of smiling happy secure middle class twentysomethings?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The Peccadillo posted:

The Boonta Patreon has funded Lucy exclusive content

https://m.twitch.tv/lucyskywalker/profile

I too am thirsty for more Lucy content

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

bell jar posted:

so how's changing the alp from within going

The last person who walked into that undulating spongelike mass never walked out.

We're sending a secondary exploratory team in tomorrow, this time in full class 8 protective units.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

DancingShade posted:

Hate it when sjws point and scream triggered at me like Sutherland in the bodysnatchers

Frankly, i'm sick of it

bigis
Jun 21, 2006

eXXon posted:

I think the most important change Labor could make right now is putting the u back in. Would it not be a catchy trendy hipster millennial move like "putting u back in Labour" and then there are pictures of smiling happy secure middle class twentysomethings?

This is genius, get Bill on the phone.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

bigis posted:

This is genius, get Bill on the phone.

He's too busy shopping at the grey suit store.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

The Peccadillo posted:

Hate it when sjws point and scream triggered at me like Sutherland in the bodysnatchers

Frankly, i'm sick of it

It's all the time! It's so real and upsetting to me, goddammit

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I hope you all feel a lot safer

quote:

Victoria’s riot police are to be armed with crowd control guns and rubber pellet grenades to confront violent demonstrations, running street battles and prison uprisings in a move Chief Commissioner Graham Ashton says ‘‘will be confronting to watch’’.

Initially 100 members of the Operational Response Unit will be trained to use the weapons that includes a pepper ball gun that fires a variety of rounds, including one that releases capsicum dust on impact. Eventually more than 300 police will be qualified to use the equipment.

The weapons, seen by The Age, include:

A 175 shot pepper ball semi-automatic rifle that fires capsicum rounds, blunt force pellets the size of marbles or dye markers to brand offenders so they can be identified and arrested later.
A 40-millimetre launcher that fires a hard squash ball like projectile that can hit an offender to a range of 50 metres and lands with the impact of a ‘‘very hard punch’’.
Stinger grenades that can be rolled into a crowd, explode with light and smoke while releasing nine 32-calibre rubber pellets to waist height with a range of five metres.
Flash/noise distraction devices designed to shock and disperse violent crowds.
Capsicum canister - a crowd control weapon of last resort that detonates to release a cloud of capsicum in events such as a prison riot.

I have full confidence these will kill people, Mistakes Will Be Made and Lessons Learnt. No Police will be found guilty of using them but the end result will kill people.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
One hit dodgeball, also known as a coward canon

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Comstar posted:

I hope you all feel a lot safer

I have full confidence these will kill people, Mistakes Will Be Made and Lessons Learnt. No Police will be found guilty of using them but the end result will kill people.

I hope people remember to bring safety goggles to the protest/riot of their choice otherwise they'll probably lose an eye.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

gently caress. Me.

Who sold them the kit?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

haha okay dandrews this is too far

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i’m absolutely certain that nothing can go wrong with a 40mm grenade launcher firing squash balls into crowds

is this meant to be a tough on crime thing? because my understanding was that the right were making poo poo up about small gangs of unruly teens not riots in the streets

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
How long until someone gets a serious injury or is killed by those "blunt force pellets"? If they are the same size as a standard caliber paintball round (as I am pretty sure the 'semi automatic pepper ball gun' is just a standard issue mechanical paintball marker), thats .68, and copping one of those in the face when not wearing a mask will gently caress you up

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

DancingShade posted:

I hope people remember to bring safety goggles to the protest/riot of their choice otherwise they'll probably lose an eye.

I hope you remember to wear a big cup everyday because if anyone kicks your poo poo as hard up into your throat as it deserves you won't be able to talk due to your dick's impotence

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

At this point we should be developing a relatively portable home made air gun, so that protesters can recover the squash balls fired at them, and fire them right back at the stromtroopers

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

The Peccadillo posted:

I hope you remember to wear a big cup everyday because if anyone kicks your poo poo as hard up into your throat as it deserves you won't be able to talk due to your dick's impotence

holy moly

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Imagine how much the Operational Response Unit is asking the Border Farce to conduct another grossly illegal stop brown people and search them for papers sweep joint public wellness operation with VicPol so that they can fire all of that stuff into the hippy snowflakes

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Peccadillo posted:

Sage advice.

Zardoz taught us the penis is evil but the gun is good.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Comstar posted:

rifle that fires blunt force pellets the size of marbles
bullets?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Krabboss posted:

looks like you’ve been cucked

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

BBJoey posted:

i’m absolutely certain that nothing can go wrong with a 40mm grenade launcher firing squash balls into crowds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-k4i0JBs8E

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

loving hell this was the best show

Fauxbot
Jan 20, 2009

I need more wine.

Anidav posted:

Labor left is pushing to shut down off shore detention, bring refugees here and increase the intake to the same level as the Greens refugee proposal.

If they get conference majority there will be an extremely different policy platform from what most would expect from Bill Shorten. What I've been reading up on is that essentially Bill Shorten might be trapped with what is essentially an Anthony Albanese platform minus Albanese himself.

Where are you sourcing this poo poo from tho, why would anyone believe this

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Fauxbot posted:

Where are you sourcing this poo poo from tho, why would anyone believe this

Eg.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/labor-push-to-adopt-greens-policy-of-lifting-refugee-intake-to-50-000-20180322-p4z5ol.html

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

That'll be an amazing runaway success because of Australia's well known love of immigration and acceptance.

It's like Labor just wants to stay the paid opposition party or something. Maybe that really is literally what they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

There does seem to be a shift to the left despite Bill Shorten while The Greens are moving to the right despite there being no need. :tinfoil:

• Locked thread