Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
AnimeJapan had them revealing a new Caster that is either a Scotchtape variant or we've also entered the era of Shishou-faces if the hearsay I picked up that it's not Scotchtape is true. (In which case it's most probably Aife)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

If I'm looking to run a Waver/Vlad/Tamamo team, I'm not wrong that I should grail Vlad over Waver, right? (before grailing good girl Medea, that is)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Grailing a 5 star is nothing but who is your favorite character.

Grailing 4 and below is actual improvement, especially 2 stars like Hans who need the HP boost.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Pureauthor posted:

AnimeJapan had them revealing a new Caster that is either a Scotchtape variant or we've also entered the era of Shishou-faces if the hearsay I picked up that it's not Scotchtape is true. (In which case it's most probably Aife)

Having not seen this trailer, there is also the chance it could be Uathach, her daughter, if it looks similar, but not quite, like Shishou.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Robviously posted:

If I'm looking to run a Waver/Vlad/Tamamo team, I'm not wrong that I should grail Vlad over Waver, right? (before grailing good girl Medea, that is)

Grailing Waver does nothing but give you more FP.

Tae posted:

Grailing 4 and below is actual improvement, especially 2 stars like Hans who need the HP boost.

My lvl100 Okita is on her way to 16000 ATK, if thats wrong I don't wanna be right.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

What the hell is that new archer carrying

e:

Tae posted:

Well, they're still getting 10 levels of linear gains on top of likely good bases, but there's the huge step up after 90 to consider.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Would a character with a reverse-S growth rate get some severe growth increase at the last few levels? Like Okita should get quite deadly.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Would a character with a reverse-S growth rate get some severe growth increase at the last few levels? Like Okita should get quite deadly.

Grailed levels are always linear

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The main variable is that I think linear growth is still based on their bases, so a 1* is still getting less per level than a 5* (though this is outweighed by lower rarity servants benefiting way more from extra stats and getting more levels per grail).

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Motto posted:

What the hell is that new archer carrying

saw someone theorize that it might be henry shrapnel

his uniform does look p. similar

so a big loving cannon in that case

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
caster Shishou, do we finally get a quick support?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

LibrarianCroaker posted:

caster Shishou, do we finally get a quick support?

She wouldn't be Merlin level, nothing will ever be another Merlin.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Isn't it fine if it's at least at Tamamo level, or is it a case where that wouldn't be enough for quick cards?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Quick needs a Merlin, but they'll never allow a Merlin.

Like, straight up, if they put Prototype Merlin in the game and had her be the exact same but buff quick instead of buster and give an evade instead of invuln, that's about what quick needs.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
If they ever plan to introduce powerful Quick support, on the level of Tamamo or Waver at least, if not Merlin, Caster Scathach is probably the most fitting Servant for it.

Watch her being another lovely offensive Caster, this time with AoE Quick NP!

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
After having been lethargic about it for like a week I finally beat America. None of CuZilla's fights lasted past a turn.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I had to upgrade my phone because it was dying, and since it was better than my tablet I transferred over and wow does a newer android device w/ 4GB RAM make a difference :stare: 2x mode feels like I'm playing in yakety sax with how quickly it goes.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Alard posted:

Isn't it fine if it's at least at Tamamo level, or is it a case where that wouldn't be enough for quick cards?

I'd be fine with a Tamamo type---a good steroid with s unique function. A literally merlin-level servant would just be doubling down on powercreep and the issues with quick are too fundamental for a single servant to fix (that they trade damage output for a function that you don't actually need Quick at all for). All you can really do beyond a mechanics rework is make sure that if you make a Quick servant, you just make them really loving good in spite of their cardtype and make do with general attack and crit boosts. :shrug:

Motto fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 25, 2018

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Make a servant that has you gain NP equal to the number of stars loaded. Finally gives a reason to gimmick up Jack with Be Elegant.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Tae posted:

Make a servant that has you gain NP equal to the number of stars loaded. Finally gives a reason to gimmick up Jack with Be Elegant.

Remove all stars (minimum 10). Grant target ally NP charge equal to the number of stars removed.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tae posted:

Be Elegant on Jack is never going to be worth using. In the absolute best case, MLB and a QQQE brave chain turn it only gives 6 extra crit stars on average; even non-MLB Gandr gets you more stars than that. Compared to something like 2030 it's a joke.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It is fitting and appropriate that the Tokiomi CE be completely useless.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
In fairness it might be an okay CE on Gilgamesh if 2030 didn't exist.

A lot of the game would be very different if 2030 didn't exist.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Pureauthor posted:

Same artist, VA, color scheme and overall design, uses runes, mentions the Land of Shadows IIRC. If it's not Scach herself then it's definitely someone closely related to her.

Here, the videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iicXm9WVVd4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DkzlXK8vDc

The thing the archer dude is carrying kinda reminds me of the Lances from Valkyria Chronicles. Considering the handle for the left hand it definitely looks like something meant to be aimed.
Also the back looks like a jet engine.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Mar 25, 2018

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

That thing better be silly huge in his sprite.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Hans should disappear behind it like he disappears behind Babbage's mace.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Kyte posted:

Same artist, VA, color scheme and overall design, uses runes, mentions the Land of Shadows IIRC. If it's not Scach herself then it's definitely someone closely related to her.

Here, the videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iicXm9WVVd4

Best bet on Shishou-face Caster is that it's either Uathach, her daughter, or Aife, her rival who was also her sister in some versions of the Ulster cycle.

I'm personally leaning towards it being Uathach, if only because of this section of Aife's article on wikipedia:

Wikipedia posted:

In Tochmarc Emire the Ulaid hero Cú Chulainn has come to train in arms under Scáthach when a battle breaks against Aífe. Scáthach, fearful of Cú Chulainn's safety, gives him a sleeping potion to keep him from the battle, but a potion that would put most people to sleep for twenty-four hours only knocks him out for an hour, and he joins the fray. Aífe challenges Scáthach to single combat, and Cú Chulainn fights as Scáthach's champion, but before the fight he asks Scáthach what it is that Aífe loves most, which Scáthach reveals is her chariot and horses. They begin to fight, and Aífe shatters Cú Chulainn's sword, at which he cries out that Aífe's chariot and horses have fallen over a cliff. When Aífe turns to look, he overpowers her, throws her over his shoulder, and carries her back to his side. He held his sword at her throat as she begged for her life. He chooses not to kill her, on two conditions: that she cease hostilities with Scáthach and she bear him a son.

Given that it mentions her "chariot and horses" are what she loved the most, I'm thinking that if she were Aife, she'd be a Rider and not a Caster.

On a side note, I'm not sure if her falling for the old, "Hey, look behind you!" trick is more pathetic or less pathetic than Medb being killed by cheese.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Yeah pretty much everyone's guessing one of those two.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Martha animation update when?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NVu0RIuHO4

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
This seems worth watching. Skip to about the 2min mark to skip the usual character previews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu1lzupapGE

More character designs as well as dates for singularities including a singularity in the future?

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

I've decided to try this game out. Any need to reroll starters in this game? I got Elizabeth and Stheno in my free rolls. Game takes for ever to redownload, so if rather not if it's unnecessary.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
Liz is cool and good but Stheno is fairly garbage in all respects.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

gninjagnome posted:

I've decided to try this game out. Any need to reroll starters in this game? I got Elizabeth and Stheno in my free rolls. Game takes for ever to redownload, so if rather not if it's unnecessary.
Unless you are either a fan of the franchise and committed to a 4* character, or you want to start the game with a 5* character, I wouldn't bother.

Edit: Okay a bit more: There are absolutely some gold characters it's "better" to start with than others, but as a new player the game will throw quartz at you (one per story mission, and almost all cleared story missions than have another quest on top of their node that will award another quartz), and it really isn't a difficult game.

Lower-rarity servants in this game aren't just useless chaff, so level those up and use them along with a good buffed friend support and a 'sub-optimal' starting roll won't hold you back at all.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Mar 25, 2018

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

gninjagnome posted:

I wouldn't bother, myself, there are some really great and easy to get free servants in almost every role to carry you while you rake in the singularity quartz for rolls. And sometimes you WANT to use the lower rarity guys because even if you only have a few golds, it's easy to run out of cost when you're trying to use a full set of event CEs, or because they give event bonuses.

This isn't the sort of game where you NEED the highest ranked meta servants to actually have fun and be competitive, or where older servants quickly become useless.

Bronze Hans Christian Andersen is one of the best supports in the game full stop, silver lancer Cu has so many soloing boss videos it isn't funny, all the cheap archers are pretty great and have different uses from party wide dodge buffs to nuking the hell out of everything, bronze St George and Mash are good tanks, etc.

And you can always ask to friend a whale and borrow their inevitable 10/10/10 100 grailed lb broken kscope meta servant.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If Stheno was your only gold I might consider it, but Liz is a decent starting point. Really the only time it was worth rerolling in large amounts was when they were giving out enough free quartz to allow you to do a free extra 10 roll.

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

Awesome. I'll keep what I got and see how it goes.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

gninjagnome posted:

Awesome. I'll keep what I got and see how it goes.

You should also dump your friend ID so you can get friends to help carry you through.

Also: the first singularities are fairly rough, but the story in the latest singularity (assuming you're NA) is really fun. Don't put too high an expectation on the earliest stuff and it won't take long to finish.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
All of a sudden Japan just got an explosion of speculation material. Like dude, you could have trickled it in, but nope, just break the dam.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Anastasia TV CM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwBWCYzs4i0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

coolusername posted:

You should also dump your friend ID so you can get friends to help carry you through.

My ID is 858,371,475 if anyone wants to ad me.