Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Nigel and Ninja are close enough that we can give the credit to whoever guessed the parrot was also a ninja.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
So, it's a conspiracy and Samantha was never insane in the first place? Very interesting.
Or maybe the Diabolicans just didn't want an insane queen.

Also I like the fact that Nigel can see the Impossible ones just fine, because he's not technically human. Then again, he was a patient.

Calling it now. The endgame of this chapter will involve everyone swapping through animal bodies, until they finally find a pair of human eyes to kill the Impossible Ones.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Mar 9, 2018

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

cant cook creole bream posted:

So, it's a conspiracy and Samantha was never insane in the first place? Very interesting.

Also I like the fact that Nigel can see the Impossible ones just fine, because he's not technically human. Then again, he was a patient.

Calling it now. The endgame of this chapter will involve everyone swapping through animal bodies, until they finally find a pair of human eyes to kill the Impossible Ones.

She's the queen like there's a dozen-odd Napoleons and Jesuses running around the sidewalk right now. Don't think the physical eyes have much of anything to do with it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

cant cook creole bream posted:

Or she was in the asylum for claiming to be the queen.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

The Lone Badger posted:

Or she was in the asylum for claiming to be the queen.

You're clearly a conspirator. :tinfoil:
We have only heard one side of the story, so it's prudent to assume that it's the exact truth. After all, who would you trust more? Some random people who commit high treason to the crown, or the queen herself?

Maybe the twist is that she isn't insane at all, but the weird rules of the Impossible Ones only make them disappear when they think someone sane is seeing them.
Like many of Thorsby's stories, this is a cool and original concept and it's fun to figure out the rules and the logical implications.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 10, 2018

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

last panel made me laugh

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

it's a good punchline

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Audrey's just enjoying the drugs at this point.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
He was so insulted he dripped out a hat.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Plausible Deniability basically runs on Mage's concept of the Consensus, though the spells just don't work instead of incurring Paradox.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Laughing at the way rubbery Lyndon looks. And at the "That happens" segue so Thorsby didn't have to draw it twice.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Aw, Klara, you should have just said "yeah, totally".

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm glad each adventure Lyndon has learned one and only one spell but it turns out to be a perfect spell to escape whatever predicament they end up in. I wonder how he will accidentally kill someone this time so he loses his Plastic Man spell again.

e: also doesn't this mean he could have stretched his way out of the ropes when Samantha had him and Audrey tied up a few comics ago?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I really like Seventyharbor's design. The heads lying on the pile with shocked looks on their faces after their "lives" ended is a nice touch, if a tad gruesome.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
New comic, http://trixie.webcomic.ws/comics/259

I love Thorsby's gift for physical comedy in comic form

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We finally saw her.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

That one's probably a hallucination, since they were primed to see it by the doctor's words.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
SPLAP!

but also "That happened" :allears:

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

epilepsy warning

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

there is absolutely no chance that thorsby doesn't consume huge quantities of psychadelics

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
http://trixie.webcomic.ws/comics/260

Oh no, stretch armstrong is sacrificing himself.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I love how Lyndon's stretching isn't like, at all based on volition, he just makes himself highly flexible and still has to be pulled into shape. It makes the whole thing lowkey way funnier.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The Impossible Ones we had seen before were pretty tame, all things considered.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Cat Mattress posted:

The Impossible Ones we had seen before were pretty tame, all things considered.

I'm personally terrified of sheep-stopsign tornado.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I'm the flying skull car.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

I'm Fractal Circus Strongman

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
I'm Foxhunting Lady with a horse head. Or horse with a Foxhunting Lady head.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

A 2CV, nice.

I'm the bouncing ball bear.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I'm the replica asylum

Lmao Tzu
Sep 11, 2014

Being able to draw monsters without the constraints of having to make evolutionary sense, Thorsby is too powerful.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I like the one that's just a starry void shaped like a person. That's hardly even impossible!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I like that their plan is just genocide. :3:

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/261

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Lmao Tzu posted:

Being able to draw monsters without the constraints of having to make evolutionary sense, Thorsby is too powerful.

Thorsby has evolved into Odinsby.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I like how parrot dude is actively shouting about his presence instead of just stealthily flying away. Good plan, idiot.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

He is both a mental patient and a parrot, to be fair.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Can they possess a parrot that already has a human mind? I thought the deal with the artifact was that it didn't work that way.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I like how parrot dude is actively shouting about his presence instead of just stealthily flying away. Good plan, idiot.

If you're not bursting into every conversation you encounter screaming "I HEARD WHAT YOU SAID! YOU CAN'T CATCH ME!" you're not living man

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I see you've never owned a parrot.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Drunk Theory posted:

I see you've never owned a parrot.
Do the parrot instincts override the gauntleted man-mind?

(The Gauntleted Man-Mind is my Jack Kirby tribute superhero)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

They're absolutely going to get screwed over by an actual hallucination at some point. Maybe one of them will hallucinate the parrot, or even hallucinate switching with the parrot.