Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Ugato posted:

Laura replaces a Locke and not a Xon, right? That’s the only thing that I will always get confused.

No, Lara boosts rare drops which is Xon & Chow. Explorer Aileen increases common drops which is Locke, Pirate Jake, and Pod 153.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Ugato posted:

Laura replaces a Locke and not a Xon, right? That’s the only thing that I will always get confused.

She has Xon's passive (rare). ExAileen, disappointingly, has the Locke version (common).

e:f;b

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Oh. Well I should have finished leveling both then. Whoops.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Lara replaces Xon.

Lara, Xon, and Chow are rare drop increases.

Locke, Pirate Jake, and Pod 153 are common drop increases.

E: shoulda seen the new page!

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Don't forget, Zidane's 6* awakening has another Locke/Pirate Jake/Pod 153 equivalent ability and is vastly more powerful than Locke.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Ah right. Forgot that guy. I should try to take one up just for fun.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

dangerous.hotdog posted:

She has Xon's passive (rare). ExAileen, disappointingly, has the Locke version (common).

e:f;b

So wait....do these not stack?

Should I bring Xon/Lara/Lara/ExAileen/Pod153 for maximum droprate?

I don't have locke or pirate jake.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So wait....do these not stack?

Should I bring Xon/Lara/Lara/ExAileen/Pod153 for maximum droprate?

I don't have locke or pirate jake.

If you can complete the level, absolutely.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
My turn.

Blew 20 tickets, Five 4* tickets, a 10+1 ticket and a 5k pull.

Aileen #2
Zargabaath #1
Gladiolus #1
Queen #4 :shepicide:

Curiously every 4* ticket was a Wadow, and he didn't show up in any of my other pulls. I seriously hope Queen's 7* is worth a drat at this point.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Man, another lovely Story Event for farming Power/Guard/Tech/Support crysts. The place to farm looks like the very last 90 NRG route, hope I can somehow get my Laras to deal enough damage to one-shot the minibosses/boss in that :smithicide:

Edit:

hamburgers in pockets posted:

I seriously hope Queen's 7* is worth a drat at this point.

She has the best straight ATK accessory as her STMR, and it comes with a 1-time Fatal Attack protection attached which is itself also really loving useful.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Mar 24, 2018

Bubba Fuzz
May 3, 2009

Three rainbows on today's free ticket: Ramza #1, Ace #4, and a 10% moogle. Do these things have bumped up drop rates or did I somehow burn six months of luck on one ticket?

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

Bubba Fuzz posted:

Three rainbows on today's free ticket: Ramza #1, Ace #4, and a 10% moogle. Do these things have bumped up drop rates or did I somehow burn six months of luck on one ticket?

It's just that kind of day. I pulled 3 straight rainbows on summon tickets today. I've never even been close to that before so yeah I'm sure it's gonna be a looooong time before I see one of those things again.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I gave all of my luck to you all apparently. I pulled over 200 times on this banner and got 4 rainbows. None of them on banner.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
4* Chloe from today's pull, she any good?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Kumog posted:

She's a substitute for Minfilia. So not very, honestly.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Kumog posted:

Situationally, yes.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

arisu posted:

Are you talking about the chamber of crystals or the current story event? And are you bringing Xon/Lara with Great Raven's Cape?

They seem to really make a difference.

Story event.

Yea, I have a Xon with cape. May swap to Lara for reasons.

I am more getting screwed by the RNG of which giancryst drops

hagie fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Mar 24, 2018

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Those of you who've been here long enough know of my legendarily bad luck with pulls.

I found something to be lucky at. :)

O N E M O R E

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

Those of you who've been here long enough know of my legendarily bad luck with pulls.

I found something to be lucky at. :)

O N E M O R E

Jesus.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
The only thing I need to make my team go from "pretty good" to "really good" is a 5* base healer.

I struck out on Ayaka so I saved up tickets since mid-December for Fina.

I went in with 34k lapis, 4 10+1 tickets, 115 3* tickets and 17 4* tickets.

I spent everything aside from 10 3* and 10 4*. I also did one 5k lapis pull (that got me nothing).

I got:

Seabreeze Dark Fina
Luneth
Prompto

and..

Lotus Fina!!!

I can't believe it.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Well, finally got an on banner 5*. And it's Kunshira. :geno:

She doesn't seem too bad from looking over her skills, at least. She gets a huge range of imperils and a suite of elemental resists, even though I probably won't depend on her for those over just bringing in Marie. Her LB sounds like it could potentially be devastating though. 18x Hybrid damage at max versus 13.2 base, so I'm gonna have to level that. Course I'm completely and utterly tapped out on LB pots because I keep pulling characters that are actually worth leveling.

Is there any consensus on whether or not Kunshira will synergize well with Fryevia? I'm half tempted to try and make a hybrid team of Fryevia, Kunshira, Noctis and support/healers.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Well, finally got an on banner 5*. And it's Kunshira. :geno:

She doesn't seem too bad from looking over her skills, at least. She gets a huge range of imperils and a suite of elemental resists, even though I probably won't depend on her for those over just bringing in Marie. Her LB sounds like it could potentially be devastating though. 18x Hybrid damage at max versus 13.2 base, so I'm gonna have to level that. Course I'm completely and utterly tapped out on LB pots because I keep pulling characters that are actually worth leveling.

Is there any consensus on whether or not Kunshira will synergize well with Fryevia? I'm half tempted to try and make a hybrid team of Fryevia, Kunshira, Noctis and support/healers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/86tcbe/unit_review_kunshira_final_fantasy_brave_exvius/

All you want to know and more should be in there.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
as if this sudden friends point banner dropping out of nowhere wasn’t bad enough, i’m now getting an error message anytime I try to change my received friends gift. tells me i’m using a prohibited word, and this happens even if i’m erasing the entire text box of my player info.

anyone else experience this, ever? every suggestion from customer support has so far failed, even reinstalling entirely. goddamn your programming, Gumi!

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

If you guys don't mind for the next couple of weeks, if you're not using Lara or Xon for your friend unit, please equip whatever friend unit you have with the Great Raven's Cape. The potency of that item is like having two Xons or Laras.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

new kind of cat posted:

as if this sudden friends point banner dropping out of nowhere wasn’t bad enough, i’m now getting an error message anytime I try to change my received friends gift. tells me i’m using a prohibited word, and this happens even if i’m erasing the entire text box of my player info.

anyone else experience this, ever? every suggestion from customer support has so far failed, even reinstalling entirely. goddamn your programming, Gumi!

your Party Names may be flagging somehow, have you ever changed those?

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Dana Crysalis posted:

your Party Names may be flagging somehow, have you ever changed those?

I had changed them before to some benign labels like “tmr party” and “tmr next” and the first suggestion from the help desk was to change the labels back to the default, which I did to no success.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

70 tickets (12 4*), 4 10+1, 1 5k Lapis on the CG Fina banner.

Got Veritas of the fLame, 3rdLandeau (hey, one more and STMR, right? ... well), and then this Kunshira unit. Dragon cat thing? Very strong hybrid attacker - I guess on paper not as strong as Fryevia if the enemy is vulnerable to Ice, but otherwise very strong. I'm seeing surprising numbers from her using gear and materia that's a bit 2nd string - nothing that's taking away from my main DPS, and yet she's got 1K mag and over 700 Atk (and that's just with the 100ish Atk / 30ish mag sword from the bundle - need to TMR a Sorcery). No Letters and Arms and only Rod Mastery above 30% for materia. I lacked a good hybrid damage unit prior to her since I just had Noctis (limited there) Jiraiya who stinks.

I am sad that I still don't have a shiny new healer. Pretty impressed with this unit though. Looking forward to seeing if I can get used to her timing to fit her finishers in with Aileen chains.

Edit: It is holding a sword in its tail. And hits harder than most of my units (maybe all of them, with killer proccing - hybrid damage seems to be mechanically strong if you can overcome the atk/mag split). Good cat/dragon/thing, no reraise but I really like this unit.

For example before chain bonus is accounted for she can reliably outdamage my Aileen even though Aileen, with Piledriver +2, has displayed 1160+ Atk with DW, and Kunshira's currently geared for 699 atk / 988 mag (to use Fenrir, for that sweet Ice and Dark AOE to add to her already great elemental coverage - no failing missions, drat it!). Obviously that disappears quick when the bonus is accounted for, but fit her in the chain to finish and it's all good.

On an enemy w/ killers I was able to average almost as much per turn as an Ang with FD, but maybe I got some bad rolls with him as I only had him for one mission.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Mar 25, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The Lumière sword is not terrible. Not the best in the game by any means, but 129 stat points to ATK and MAG isn't terrible at all. It'll do until one can grind out a Sorcery or Fryevia's Needle.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

15k lapis and all I get is Kunshira instead of a healer

I got Rem, which apparently is the third best healer behind Ayaka and CG Fina, which is OK, but still disappointing I suppose.

I suppose I can't complain too much because I got two rainbows in one pull but...

Questions on what's worth TMRing:

Divine Soleil: I have two of her TMRs but 3 more of her
Wadow: I have 3 of these
Goken: I have 3 of these
Glauca: I have 2 of these
Veritas of the Waters: I have two of these
Aria: I have two of these
Werei: I have two of these
Abel: I have two of these
Soleil: I have two of these
Elle: I have two of these
Gaffgarion: I have two of these
Garnet: I have two of these
Olif: I have two of these

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Depends on who your dps are.

GS users will absolutely want werei’s TMs - Orlandu and DVeritas especially since they basically need a great sword glued to them at all times.

Water veritas is a nice versatile caster/healer Tm since it gives you mag and spr on the same materia.

Goken is a solid chest piece if you don’t have a need to use heavy armor, but because of how things work out currently, most of the BIS builds use heavy armor. You’ll have to figure out if that is the case for your gear.

Aria and Olif are top or near top healer gear.

Elle is basically the best tank accessory TMR outside of limited units.

Gaff is no longer tops for physical damage but it’s nice to have one or two of them for fights where you need more hp.

Glauca’s sword is good, but in general dark damage isn’t often useful.

Soliel’s tm is trash because it’s only 5% dodge.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Burned two tickets this morning and got back to back Lockes.

And Jesus this story event is so dull. Then again, I don’t care about any of the characters made for this game, so I keep skipping the story portion because I don’t give a plop about the adventures of a butler and a sword cat. Silvia’s alright at defensive support, because she’s the only character I have that’s at a decent level and has a high enough green magic level to use the bar-era skills.

Also, anyone else find some of the job listings for characters silly? One of my friend list guys usually mains Prompto and his ‘job’ says ‘Prince’s friend’

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oh god, I just 1/2 pulled Fina number two.

:psyboom:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

LadyPictureShow posted:

Burned two tickets this morning and got back to back Lockes.

And Jesus this story event is so dull. Then again, I don’t care about any of the characters made for this game, so I keep skipping the story portion because I don’t give a plop about the adventures of a butler and a sword cat. Silvia’s alright at defensive support, because she’s the only character I have that’s at a decent level and has a high enough green magic level to use the bar-era skills.

Also, anyone else find some of the job listings for characters silly? One of my friend list guys usually mains Prompto and his ‘job’ says ‘Prince’s friend’

This story is pretty bad. It's so bad that the last two dungeons are called "Extra 1" and "Extra 2," because they couldn't stretch out the furry original character do not steal backstory any further than they did.

Did you play during the fan-created characters raid? There's a Flowery Lady, a Costume Girl and Mog Friend in there. Iris is a "Prince's Friend" as well. Primm's job is "Young Girl."

Most aren't too weird. Final Fantasy has always been a little weird with the Job stuff, it's never quite been the same as a D&D Class.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ok the 30m tickets have to have higher rates or something. I got 3 rainbows back to back on today's, I had already gotten a rainbow previously on one and all but two of the pulls were blue. Statistically it doesn't make any sense.

Mind you it's my third loving Marie and second Gilgamesh but it's better than loving bedile

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Mar 25, 2018

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Spend around 40 tickets and 25k lapis for the following

Eiko
Luneth #5
TGC #3
Balthier
Lots of sword dogs (10, iirc)

And finally Fina.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Eiko is an awesome unit, got her on-banner when she came and I bring her instead of Tillith any time I can fit Ramza into the party for MP sustain. With some TMRs her life can get to 6K+ with 800+ spr, maybe 900+ if I can get some more gear together. It's a shame she lacks a few key ingredients but she's kitted out to fit very well in some team setups and genuinely work as the healer role in the game, with good support elements and the ability to bring out that nasty Evo Mag esper summon when appropriate too.

Just, you know, nowhere near as comprehensively as CG Fina :qqsay:

Edit: I've got a lot of Not poo poo from the 30 mil tickets, it's just RNG being RNG.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Mar 25, 2018

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Ok the 30m tickets have to have higher rates or something. I got 3 rainbows back to back on today's, I had already gotten a rainbow previously on one and all but two of the pulls were blue. Statistically it doesn't make any sense.

Mind you it's my third loving Marie and second Gilgamesh but it's better than loving bedile

I mean, I've still gotten nothing but blues and 5% moogles, so YMMV.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

It's something else that this game gives Star Ocean 4 a run for it's money in the "worst cast of characters" category.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Cartoon Man posted:

Oh god, I just 1/2 pulled Fina number two.

:psyboom:

Welcome to 7* healer land??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

I just racked up the lapis for a 10+1 and was wondering if I should bother pulling now in the hopes of Fina if I already have Tilith. Still don't have any stone immunity but otherwise I've got pretty solid healing.

• Locked thread