Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Go, go, go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Somebody photoshop Fire Bomber into that.
Or since this is movie timeline F Lovely Bomber.

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

AradoBalanga posted:

UX is definitely a case where one can see how the animation team progressed as they became accustomed to the 3DS platform. Some units do look better than others (we'll be seeing some better animated units later on), but some of the earlier units you definitely scream "my animators only just started working with 3DS hardware five minutes ago" out loud. On the other hand, YouTube's video processing kneecaps a lot of the animations in UX overall, so things look rougher and uglier than they do compared to looking at your own 3DS screen.

Related to the animations, I was surprised at how well the 3D effects work in UX. On most animations anyway. A few of the early or lazy ones look even more rough and ugly in 3D.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
: Have you anything to say, former-Representative…?
: …

*DOOR OPENS!*

: Stop!
: ?! You’re…!
: Alex Dino!

*Hubbub, hubbub…*

: He’s… Athha’s bodyguard?
: Madam Secretary General, Director Hazard has committed a breach of trust towards the Earth Federation, solely to advance his personal interests!
: And I am here with evidence that proves it!
: Wh-Whaat?! I’ve never heard anything more ridiculous in all my life…! Guards! Remove this miscreant from these halls!
: … I apologize to the members of the parliament for my sudden trespass.
: My name is Alex Dino. But my real name is…

*Shades off!*

:siren: SRW UX - Rebellion Against Fate

: Athrun Zala, formerly of FAITH, the PLANTs’ National Defense Committee’s Special Forces!
: Wha—?!
: Whaaaaaaat?!
: Athrun Zala… as in, the son of Patrick Zala?!
: He’s a hero from the previous Great Wars… but what’s someone like him doing here?!
: I ask that you all listen to this!

*Beep.*

Message posted:

: The Federation Parliament’s pretty much squarely under my control… It’s only a matter of time before the world belongs to us.
: And when the time comes for Earth to be part of The Boom Empire…
: Yes, yes, I know. We’ll leave you in charge of this backwater planet.
: Hmhmhm, much obliged…
: Still, I can’t help but be in awe at what a greedy man you are. Not many would sell off their home-planet in a bid for power.
: Whatever do you mean? It’s in Earth’s best interest to capitulate to The Boom Army – there’s no point in unnecessary bloodshed when we all know how that would end.
: My actions are all born out of love for my land. Gahahahahaha!

*Bloop. And hubbub, hubbub…*

: Director Hazard…
: I-I-I-I…
: This conversation was being broadcast through space. We intercepted them with help from the PLANTs.
: The PLANTs?! Those autonomous colonies were spying on me…?!
: (Chairwoman Lacus and Kira came through…!)
: As you all heard quite clearly, Director Hazard has been dealing with the aliens from The Boom Army and misleading the Earth all along!
: M-Madness! This is a plot to drag my good name through the mud!
: You all saw the video evidence I presented, yes?! Those vile terrorists attacking the Federation Army—

*Door opens!*

: Oh? Are you talking about this video, perhaps?
: Wh-What…?!
: I see you made it in time, Agent Hughes…
: Indeed. And I apologize for taking so long, Madam President.
: Now, if you would direct your eyes to the screen, ladies and gentlemen. I have a video I obtained in Japan that you should see.

*Boop.*

: ?! That’s…!
: The machines from the Martian Development Bureau are attacking a Japanese village…?!
: No, they’re referring to themselves as The Boom Army! What is the meaning of this?!
: I pulled a few strings and managed to uncover this: the unedited footage of said “video evidence”…
: Better put, it is the original before it was tampered with.
: Rrrgh…! Where did you get something like that…?!
: Members of the parliament, I beg that you remember our past! It was after the harsh lessons that came from several wars that we, those who call both Earth and Space our homes, chose to take each other’s hands and banded as one – all for the sake of our peoples!
: However, the Earth Federation is now being manipulated by a man led by nothing but his self-interests! And it is on its way to becoming an oppressive, segregationist organization once again!
: You proclaim that those who speak against you are evil! That they disrupt the order of this world! You try to subdue any who do not submit to you!
: What is that, if not the way to repeat those dreadful mistakes we saw years ago?!
: Pah, the son of the infamous Patrick Zala dares lecture us on how society should be lead?! Did you forget how many lost their lives because of your father’s crusade?!
: You’re right. My father’s actions did result in the deaths of so many men and women.
: And I’m aware that I’m also at fault for failing to stop him before he went that far…
: Th-Then…!
: And that is why I stand here today, as a man bearing the full weight of the Zala name and of all the wrongs he’s committed!
: So that I can try and stop a tragedy like that from happening again!

*Hubbub, hubbub…*

: (The mood across parliament floor has done a complete 180…)
: Athrun Zala…!
: (Thank you, Athrun. And you, Chairwoman Lacus… and Kira!)
: D-Do not listen to the absurd ramblings of this boy!
: This is an offense against the Federation Parliament! It is an attack against liberty and democracy! Seize him immediately!
: Hazard Pasha, by my authority as President of the Earth Federation Government, I hereby order you arrested!
: Whaa?! M-Madam President, why?! You don’t actually believe their lies, do you…?!
: I have known of your misdeeds against the Earth Federation for a while now. But I never had tangible evidence to prove it, so I could do nothing to stop you…
: But you have finally been caught red-handed. You will not be talking your way out of this!
: This… This can’t be happening!
: Former-Director Hazard, come with me.
: U-Unhand me! I am the Director of the Martian Development Bureau!
: This is a huge misunderstanding! I was only looking out for the Earth Sphere…! Let me go! Let me goooooo!

*Off to the slammer.*

: Madam President, we must rescind the order to attack the UX right away!
: Yes, they have done nothing but work themselves to the bone trying to save this world!
: Contact JUDA via the encrypted channels.
: Order UX-E9… commissioned by me, the President of the Earth Federation Government!

: U-Uwaaaah!
: Mwahahaha! What happened to all that huffing and puffing you were doing before?!
: Is… Is everyone alright?!
: Y-Yeah… We’re not going down just like that!
: All of the peoples of this world lie at our backs! We cannot fall!
: We’re going through some crap for a bunch of folks who hate our guts, just saying…
: But, still… everyone on Earth is… Hrgh!
: Eida…?!
: This is bad… not only are our units heavily damaged, the pilots are all nearing exhaustion.
: They’re not going to last like this… What should we do?!
: And now to finish you off!

: …?!

: Grrgh…!
: Eida!
: I-I won’t be beaten…! They never bent their knees to the enemy, no matter what happened…!
: So I won’t give in either…! I’ll fight for as long as I draw breath…! I can already picture them laughing at me if I didn’t!

*Beep.*

: What, who’d ever laugh at someone who fought ‘til she was falling apart like that?
: Huh…?!

: Transcendent Beast Combination!

:siren: SRW UX - A Bird’s Song

: Th-That’s…!
: Kept you waiting, didn’t we, Eida?

: Oorgh! Wh-What robot is that?!
: It’s… the Dancouga!
: “Dancouga”?! You mean the one who intervened in battles across the world…?!
: Wh-What are you all doing here…?!
: That should be pretty obvious, I think.
: The Dancouga’s always a friend of the losing side…
: And the Dancouga’s also 100% unbeatable!
: Aoi, Sakuya… Kurara!
: Eida… you asked me to support you like I always did, yes? Here’s my answer.
: I’m here for you, now and forever.
: Johnny…!
: But I’m afraid the happy reunion will have to wait until later.
: First order of business is them… They harassed the woman I love, and I cannot let that stand!
: Aye, aye! Let’s go wild!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIAkeTrXH6U
Captions are available.

: Rrngaaaah! W-We’re getting pushed back…!
: Eida, you can leave the rest to us! We’ll make sure your hard-work isn’t wasted!
: O-Okay… Good luck, guys!

: It’s been ages, Team D.
: Are you sure about fighting together with us, though…?
: You mean that “make an enemy out of the world” thing? Sounds good to me!

*Ring, ring!*

: Your resolve is truly a sight to behold, Team D. And I wouldn’t expect any less from you.
: But I have good news, everyone: we are no longer Public Enemies nº1!
: What’d you mean, sir?!
: The Japanese government just relayed a request for the UX to destroy the satellite weapon.
: And said order came from none other than the Federation President… rather, from the Federation government itself!
: A request from the Fed government… then!
: Yeah! Now we can fight with our heads held high, and defend everyone in this world…!
: Well, things are looking up already! Save the world, protect humanity… I like the sound of that!
: ‘Tis quite the fortuitous occurrence. We may well dub it a miracle!
: Nah, Al. This was no miracle.
: This was because we refused to give in, never stopped fighting… This was the inevitable result of our actions!
: “Inevitable result”…? Hah, that is quite eloquently put for you. (That’s because this is what Al said to Kurou in the VN after certain events. :ssh: )
: Blast you, Hazard! You screwed things up?!

*Beep, beep!*

: A retreat order from GHQ…? And our commander is actually an alien?!
: drat it, I knew there was something off with that skin tone of his!
: W-Wait! You can’t just—!

: The Federation troops are retreating…
: I suppose their soldiers understood the situation.
: drat you all to Hell…!
: This is our chance to turn the tide of this battle!
: Hardly. The Federation may be on your side, but it won’t stop your inevitable defeat.
: Do you not see it? The wind has started to blow in a wholly different direction!
: What…?
: Things may get as bad as can be, if we just keep our hearts burning hot, then we’ll never be beaten!
: That’s how we managed to win so many fights before!
: Right on. We never throw in the towel… because we’re CHAMPIONS OF JUSTICE!

MAX MORALE FOR EVERYONE!

:siren: SRW UX - Where All Possibilities Gather
:siren: :siren:

: You did good lasting through all that, folks. But now there’s nothing for you to worry about! Cut loose and let ‘em have it!

KILL EVERYTHING! IF YOU LOSE KOUICHI, ARNIE OR A SHIP, I DUNNO WHAT TO TELL YOU! :black101:

Dancouga Nova (Aoi Hikada, Kurara Tachibana, Sakuya Kamon, Johnny Burnette)
Pilot Skills:
Prevail L5
Support Attack L1
Support Defense L1
Predict
All Attack
Spirit Commands – Aoi:
Accelerate
Fighting Spirit
Spirit Commands – Kurara:
Strike
Gain
Snipe
Fury/Direct Hit
Spirit Commands – Sakuya:
Alert
Guts
Invincible
Spirit Commands – Johnny:
Focus
Mercy
Iron Wall
Squad Bonus: Crit rate +10, Armor +100, A in Land (Crit rate +20, Armor +150, S in Land)
Aoi’s voice actress: Haruna Ikezawa (other roles: Amara in SRW OGs, Proist in Gaiking LoDM, Runa in Gravion, and many more)
Kurara’s voice actress: Houko Kuwashima
Sakuya’s voice actor: Tatsuhisa Suzuki (other roles: Eve in Nier Automata, Dick in Gaiking, Mitsugu Jinnai in Fafner EXODUS, and many more)
Johnny’s voice actor: Yuuki Tai (other roles: Keiji in SRW SC2, Cobray in SRW Alpha 3 and OGs, Baldr in Saint Seiya and some more)

The Dancouga’s as good now as it was in L, though it’s not QUITE as hardy as it was then (still plenty). You know the deal with these bots: they hit hard, cover their ranges nicely, but really like to chug EN. The mass of subpilots make it very flexible and tough to kill, and the terrain-boosting Squad Bonus will offset its accuracy even when Aoi’s Predict isn’t on.
We don’t have Hilde’s hilariously good Taurus here, but Aoi still wants a squaddie with a Barrier and EN regen like she did. Give her that, and the Dancouga’ll be great for you.

:siren: SRW UX - Deus Machina

Bye, Yulianne.

: Well, aren’t we the strong bunch. Fine, I’ll back down for today!

:siren: SRW UX - JOEY AND HEROMAN

: Crap… I’ll remember this! I’m not letting our hunt end today!

:siren: SRW UX - Love Survivor

: So you’re at it not once, but twice… I guess you’ve really turned on us, Ylbora!
: How can you put Princess Romina through this?! So much for the oh-so-honorable Ladorian warrior!
: Silence! I have long since passed the point of no return!
: I’ll readily risk everything I have to crush the lot of you!
: Works for me! Come and gimme your best shot, Ylbora!!

SRW UX - A Bird’s Song

: It’s been a long while since I felt like this…
: But now we’re all back!
: And with that in mind!
: Let’s go wild!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H2EXFo_Sso
Aw, I didn’t get his BOOSTO! NOVA! KNUCKLAAARGH!”

:siren: SRW UX - Love Survivor

: Sir Ylbora, talk to us! How could a man of your caliber join The Boom Army?!
: … I’m here to capture Her Highness! If you’ll stand against me, then I’ll show you no quarter!
: S-Sir Ylbora…!
: It’s pointless to question him, Gameran! Ylbora is now a servant of Emperor The Boom… he is our enemy!

Romina attacking: Ylbora… you are now nothing but a traitor – an enemy – to us!

SRW UX - Tales of Mirisha ~ The Brave Legend

SRW UX - Love Survivor

: Hrgh…! How could I let myself be pushed so far by the likes of them…?!
: Joe, we’ll put a definitive end to this the next time we meet!

: Stop right there, Ylbora!
: (Ylbora… What is it that you hope to accomplish?)

Meanwhile, as the stray attacks pile up…

*Power doooown.*

: We’ve confirmation that the defensive field around the satellite weapon is gone!
: Good! Now hold nothing back, men! Blow it to smithereens!

But I want all the goodies first.

SRW UX - Love Survivor

: Your trusted friend Ylbora is now our loyal servant!
: Give up that pipe dream of restoring Planet Ladorio, Romina! Submit to The Boom Empire and things will be far better for you!
: I’ll carry on fighting to my very last breath, even if I’m the only one left standing! I do this for all those waiting for me to return to my homeworld!

SRW UX - Love Survivor

: We’ve been doing this song and dance since Mars… but I’m bringing it to a close today!
: You mean you’ve been chasing us around, pulling one dirty stunt after the next! And what’s gonna happen today is we’ll make you pay for all that with interest!

SRW UX - A Bird’s Song

: I was so close…! You’ll pay for what you’ve done!
: Right back at you, big guy!
: That was a very dear person you hurt. And now you’ll feel that pain for yourself!
: That blue face of yours’ll be a deep shade of purple by the time we’re done!
: So you better buckle up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b9j3yKcfUA
And Grathan gives us a Men’s Super Robots Monthly (Range and Defense +10, Skill +5).

: You worthless imbecile, Hazard! Now we’ll have to start our plans from scratch!

SRW UX - LOVE 14 ver. HD

: “We’re going to draw a line down this world”… Who do you t h i n k you are, huh?! No one who wants to do something like that can call himself a good person!
: (A machine with a will and emotions… We need to redouble vigilance.)

SRW UX - Shangri-La

: Human imagination will never turn away from death while weapons continue to exist. That also applies to your machine…
: But the Mark Sein wasn’t made to hurt people… It was made to keep them alive!

This doesn’t count as a beam motherfuckeeerrr!

SRW UX - Dunbine Flies

: Why are you doing this when all it’ll bring about is hate?! You’re destroying people’s lives!
: And that is how people will come to imagine. They’ll imagine the pain of death…!

SRW UX - Obelisk

: Why are you here? The problems of Earth shouldn’t be of any concern to your Frontier Fleet.
: Are you kidding me?! We’d never turn the other cheek to monsters running around killing innocents!

SRW UX - The Eternal Soldiers

: So you were looking to snipe at the world with that orbital weapon, hm? Too bad, then.
: ‘Cause your skeet shootin’s done now that we’re in the area! Space is about to have a whole lot more junk floating around!
: Your boasting’s impressive… but you won’t get through the Glain-Neidr with that.

Kaido attacking: “Now that’s a big one! You better last for a while, ya hear!”

SRW UX - Deus Machina

: Humans, playing at judge, jury and executioner with other humans… Do you fancy yourselves gods, foul villains?!
: Humans who’ve forgotten how to imagine are humans no longer. So what issue could you have with us getting rid of them?
: And that’s what makes you a villain with a god-complex, just like she said!

:siren: SRW UX - Envoy from Jupiter

: We will revolutionize the world… by purging the ex-humans who’ve forgotten how to imagine…!
: But nothing’ll come from the destruction you’re making! And that’s why we’ll tear down your twisted plans!

:siren: SRW UX - JOEY AND HEROMAN

: Do you honestly believe something as tiny as that can stop my Glain-Neidr… much less the satellite weapon?
: Heroman’s no run-of-the-mill robot! He’s a defender of the world and everyone’s lives… He’s the strongest hero of all!

:siren: SRW UX - Future-Bound Fighting Spirit

: I won’t let you do away with any more lives!
: I chose to fight precisely to protect the people from scum like you!
: Then fight with every ounce of your being. It’s by struggling against death that we give birth to imagination.

:siren: SRW UX - Tales of Mirisha ~ The Brave Legend

: You would use such a contraption to threaten the peoples’ lives?! Is that how you ply your brand of “justice”?!
: The answer to that question is one you’ll have to imagine for yourself.
: I could never come to imagine the workings of a villain’s mind!

:siren: SRW UX - Life Goes On

: So you’d take away the people’s future just to advance your plan…? Don’t you see how tyrannical that is?! I’m not about to let that happen!
: You are criticizing us? I seem to remember you helping with something very much like this.
: I did, which is why I know that that thing has to be destroyed!

:siren: SRW UX - My Fate

: Why was the Union Army using a weapon you built?! Tell me!
: There are things in this world that you would find difficult to even imagine.

:siren: SRW UX - Linebarrel

: You tell that crook, Katou, that I’ll be pulling the plug on that “conquer the world” garbage of his!
: … You talk too much. Indeed, we are just diametrically opposed, Kouichi Hayase. Disappear.

: This should be good enough. Proceeding to the next stage of the operation…

: An evil weapon that’s menacing the lives of everyone on Earth… what kind of Champions of Justice would we be if we didn’t wreck this thing here and now?! Come on, Linebarrel!

SRW UX - Future-Bound Fighting Spirit

: We’ll only see more disasters like the island of Haifan if we leave this weapon lying around…!
: And I’m never letting something like that happen again on my watch!

*BOOOOOM!*

: Satellite weapon is confirmed destroyed!

: No enemy signals left on radar!
: Oh, yeah, baby! It’s a complete victory for the good guys!
: Very well done, all of you! Mission complete!
: We… We did it! We managed to save our w—

*TV On!*

: Congratulations, my friends. You have done quite splendidly to destroy my satellite weapon.
: Katou…?!
: But I’m afraid that’s hardly the end of this.
: Actually, I’d say now is when our plan truly begins.
: What…?
: As we speak, my comrades are seizing control of the nuclear weapon delivery systems of every nation in the world.
: Y-You can’t be serious…!
: They’re taking over all systems…?! That’s not possible!
: This is a group that’s even managed to infiltrate the heart of the Union Army. I don’t think he’s bluffing.
: And before long, we shall launch nuclear missiles across the planet.
: Their targets will be the very nations that fired them… In other words, all nuclear-weapon states will be obliterated by their own weapons.
: Wh-What?!
: If you do that, you won’t be destroying just those countries – the entire planet will be finished! Do you understand that?!
: Of course I do.
: Which is why I’d like you to use all means necessary to try and keep that plan from succeeding.
: Whuh?!
: You want us to stop your plan?!
: The hell are you up to?!
: Use your imagination and figure it out. Godspeed, my friends…

*Bloop.*

: If those nukes go off, not even the Katou Organization’ll get off unscathed. What could they be after with all this…?!

*Alarm!*

: Incoming message from the surface! Several nukes have been launched from the AEU!
: Gch… Seems that guy wasn’t just jacking us around!
: W-We’ve missiles launching from the HRL too!
: No, there’s much more that than! Countless nuclear missiles are being launched from the Union and the Middle East as well…!
: Wh-What do we do?! Way this is going, the whole planet’s gonna…!

:siren: SRW UX - Envoy from Jupiter

: Ptolemy, engage Trans-AM and set off immediately! We’ll take care of the Union nukes!
: ?! She’s right…! If we make use of the Trans-AM’s acceleration, then…!
: Roger that… we’ll intercept those missiles before they reach their targets!
: But what about the other nukes?! We’ve got thousands of them flying across the planet!
: All mobile units return to your ships immediately! The Quarter’ll Fold and head towards the skies over Europe!
: Gameran, can we warp from here to the Middle East?!
: Y-Yes, Your Highness! I’ll see to it!
: I get it… We’ll all split up and take out every single one of the things!
: But what about the HRL nukes?!
: Mr. Maki, you hear me?!
: Run the numbers on all the HRL nukes’ trajectory and send their coordinates to me!
: All of them… but there are over 300 missiles being launched from the HRL alone!
: Don’t worry. I just need the coordinates and I can use the Linebarrel’s instant warp ability!
: The Linebarrel’s the only Machina that can warp with a Factor aboard, so I can do it again and again and pick them all out…!
: It’s too dangerous! Every use of the Override takes a toll on the Factor’s life!
: You might die if you do that many consecutive warps, Hayase…!
: Hey, didn’t I say not to worry? I made you a promise, right?
: I will come back safe and sound!
: Hayase…!
: But not even the Linebarrel could reach over 300 missiles in time…!
: Then I’ll go with him!
: Ensign Berge?!
: The Orphes has a system that allows it to warp through space, right, Ms. Saya?!
: Are you mad?! The Major can never pilot again precisely because he overused that ability!
: But now isn’t the time to think about that, and I know you understand that!
: …! Ensign…
: We’ve relayed the coordinates of all HRL nukes to the Linebarrel and Orphes.
: Go, and save our Earth! This is my—
: “Sincere plea for help”, yeah?
: You don’t even have to ask, sir!
: I swear it on my life that we’ll see it done…!
: Then, we’re going! All units, mission start!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Oct 5, 2018

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

: Order all fleets deployed in orbit to intercept the nuclear missiles!
: Yes, ma’am…!
: First was that satellite weapon, now it’s nukes…?
: Can we do nothing but watch as this unfolds…?!

: No, there is something we can do!
: Marina…?
: Princess Marina, everything is in place. If you would…
: Yes.
: Marina, what do you have in mind?!
: I’m doing the least I can do for those who carried on fighting even as they were hurt and forced to endure the burden of being criminals…

:black101: :black101:

: I’m believing in them…!

: Do you all see this, dear viewers?
: There are people fighting to bring down the nuclear missiles launched by the Katou Organization!
: They’re risking their lives in the defense of our world!
: Kurou’s group is also taking part in that…
: People you know are there, Sister Leica…?!
: Yes, my most treasured friend, and his companions…
: Let us all pray while they protect us and their homes…
: Now, I’m honored to introduce a woman who’s also placed her faith in those fighters.
: Please lend your ears to the first Crown Princess of Azadistan, and goodwill ambassador of the Earth Federation Government: Marina Ismail.
: To everyone watching… those who are fighting in space right now are those who have been reviled as enemies of the world until today.
: But the truth was not so.
: They have always been fighting for the sake of our planet… just as they are doing right now!
: Oh, thank God… Joey and the others aren’t being tarred as bad guys anymore!
: Splendid news, indeed! Now they just need to stop the Katou Organization’s plan! Let’s pray for them too!
: We believe in you, Joey!
: (You saved Center City… and I know you can save the world too, Joey!)
: (God, I beseech you… watch over Kurou and his friends…!)

: Naacal Code, transmitted! Forward, Mr. Daijuuji!
: Haaaah! Lemuriaaa IMPACT!!
: Heromaaaan… BLAST!

*BOOOM!*

: Marvel, join your Aura Power with mine!

*Aauraaaaaaaa*

: Already done, Shou!
: I’m adding the Nanajin’s power too!
: Goooo! Triple Aura Slaaaaaash!

*BOOOM!*

: These people never stopped fighting, even as they were hated by all of society.
: Yet, they also sought a path of mutual understanding between fellow men and women – a sentiment we all share…!
: … (Iori, what’re you doing here? This isn’t your game!)
: Saji, those people are…
: Yes, they… he is more familiar with pain and suffering than any other.
: And that’s why he fights – to remove the pain of war from the face of the world…
: Remove the pain…
: (Isn’t that right, Setsuna…?)

: 00 Raiser, Setsuna F. Seiei… Moving to clear a path for our future!

*BOOOM!*

: (We can’t protect this world by ourselves… Help us out too, Hallelujah!)

*Zwoosh!*

: Hah, you shoulda done this from the get-go! Time to have some fun!
: Here we go, Hallelujah!
: Now let’s show the world what we Super Soldiers can do! TRANS-AM!

*Wiirrrrrr!*

: Lockon Stratos… sniping all targets!

*BOOOM!*

: GN Particle control is decreasing! We’re reaching the Trans-AM’s operational limit…!
: Keep going! We can’t stop until all nukes are gone…!

*Blast, blast! Pew, pew! Boom!*

: It’s…!
: Apologies for the delay, boy! I know this is hardly on time… but we’re here to support you! For Earth!
: Yaaahooo!
: The Immortal Colasour’s retired! Make way for the Happy Patrick Mannequin!
: My mother and father always protected this land… it will not be tainted by nuclear hellfire!
: The Federation Army…?!
: Ms. Noriega, Federation forces have arrived!
: Yes! Yes, I see it! And I’m sure she’s behind it!
: (Thank you, Kati…!)

: Alto, brother…
: It’ll be all right, Ranka. I seriously doubt those guys would go down that easy!
: Y-Yes, you’re right!
: (I know you’ll come back safe, Alto…!)
: (I’m still waiting for you to return that earring, you hear me…)
: (So you better make it back here… Alto!)

*Zoom!*

: I won’t let these nukes destroy Earth’s sky!
: Some are headed our way! Lt. Kaido, Lt. Magami!
: I’ll handle it! I can shoot down every single one of them at this distance!

*Shoot, shoot, shoot! BOOOOOM!*

: Switch out, Magami! Now’s my turn!
: We can’t well let them outshine us! Psyche yourselves up, newbies!
: Who’re ya calling a newbie, eh?! Take them nukes out in one shot, Izuna!
: Go, Nerve Cracks!
: The missiles might be coming up at full throttle, but they might as well be standing still for a sniper!
: And, of c o u r s e, I’m giving this 200% too!

*BOOOOOM!*

: Captain, several targets are within range!
: Energy supply across all sections is green! Ready on your order!
: Fire the Macross Cannon! Tear them apart!
: Ooooryaaaaaa!

*BLAAAAAAAST!*

: Even if the paths we take are different, I know all our hearts desire peace.
: So I ask you watching this to pray for those brave souls that are risking their lives for us…!
: And pray so that true peace will eventually bless our planet…!
: Once again we have to foist the fate of the world onto the backs of children…
: No… Every single one of those people fighting are there of their own free will.
: Mizoguchi…
: So I say we put our trust in your kids, that they’ll all fight the good fight.
: Yeah, you’re right…
: (Show me what a man you are, Mamoru!)
: (Make sure you come home safe, Sakura!)
: (Your mommy’s there with you, my dear dummy!)

: Mommyyyyy! We can’t do this! There’re too many of them!
: Man up and quit crying, Kenji! We gotta go for broke and try whatever!
: Take this! GOUBINE SMAAAAAASH!!

*BOOOOOOM!*

: Hrgh…!
: Don’t go too far ahead, Kazuki! You’re gonna get caught in the blasts!
: You need to make all your shots count, Kazuki. Can you do it?
: We can, yeah!
: (Shouko, Kasugai…! Please watch over everyone… watch over Kazuki!)
: Deeeeeeyaah!

*BOOOOOOM!*

: Haah, haah… I-I dunno how much longer we can keep this up!
: Focus on doing your job. I doubt you’ve the time to grumble.
: Aye, others spread across this sky are also struggling against their own limits!
: We can’t give in! Not while there’s still hope!
: I’ll pin those missiles in place with a plasma blast! Talisman, full power!

*Bzzzzt!*

: Now!
: Haaaah! Three As One! SEIRYUUUUZAN!!
: Dai… GOKUENZAN!
: MOUKO! JUUREPPAAAA!

*BOOOOOOM!*

: Rrrgh! That explosion’s disabled our main engine!
: Switch to the auxiliary engine! We must destroy as many of the missiles as we can!
: I know it’s dangerous, but it matters not! This is where we repay the kindness the people of this world have given us!
: Your Highness…!
: Well, we can’t let the Elshank go crazy on its own! Rennie, Mike!
: OK, Joe!
: You got it!
: We’re not getting let in the dust, either!
: Dankuuhou, Maximum Level! SHOOOOT!

*BLAAAAAAAAST!*

: Haaaaaaah!

: Deeeeyaaaaaaah!!

: Haah, haah… and that’s 346 of the drat things…!
: How many are left, Saya…?!
(on TV): Only two more! And we’re being informed that the missiles launched from other regions have all been destroyed!
: O-Okay! Then it’s just these two…!

: There they are…!
: We just need to destroy those and… Hrgh!
: Ensign Berge?!
: I-I’m fine… I can keep going!
: I don’t even need to use the Override to blast them at this range!
! Come on, Linebarrel! Show me how far you can go!

: Lepton Vectrer, full throttle!

TWO TURNS! THE BOMBS GOT 3K HP AND ATTACK BY BLOWING UP!
KILL!

DONE!

: Haah, haah…
: Is it… over?!

: Yes, we’ve confirmation that all nuclear missiles have been downed. Victory is ours!
: Ms. Saya…
: Ha-hahah… Yo, Yajima… did you see all that?
: I helped save the world. Ain’t that something?
: I bet... even you’re in shock, huh?

*Alarm!*

: It’s not over yet, Hayase! One last missile was just launched!
: Wh-What did you say?!
: Where’s it coming from?!
: Latitude 35.29, longitude 139.66…
: It was launched from Japan…!
: N-no…!
: How can there be a nuke coming from Japan…?! (In case you didn’t know, Japan’s been VERY anti-nuke since WWII for obvious reasons.)
: I don’t know, but you’re the ones closest to it! Can you warp over and intercept the nuke?!
: We’ll warp, or fly over, or whatever else works! We can’t let that thing go off!
: Go, Linebarrel!

*Tzzzt.*

: Guh…!
: Hayase…?!
: D-drat it… what’s going on?! Why aren’t we moving?!
: A Machina will prioritize its Factor’s life above all…
: I think that means Hayase can’t handle any more warps!
: I’ll do it, then! Ms. Saya, give me synchro-overdrive on the Lepton Vectrers!
: They’re still projecting the missile’s trajectory, though!
: I don’t need a pinpoint location! Just give me a rough estimate of where it’ll be and I’ll warp there!
: A rough estimate…?!
: I’ll think of something once I’m there! Do it, please!
: Understood. Lepton Vectrers, emergency acceleration!

*Power up!*

: Synchronization coefficient 97, 98… Pressure set, safety lock released!
: T-Take care of it… Please, Arnie!
: Go, Orphes! WARP!

: Wh-What… what am I feeling?!
: Th-This is…!

: ?! The Orphes…!
: What happened, Ensign?!
: Uurgh…!
: Ensign…!
: Arnie! Hang in there!
: M-My body feels like…!
: Is this… the aftereffect of the warps…?!
: We’re out of time! The missile’s reentering the atmosphere!
: drat it…! Move! MOVE, LINEBARREL!!

*BOOOOOOM!*

: I-It can’t be…!
: N-No way….! It’s… too late…?!

*Beep.*

: Very well done, everyone. We just pinged the last missile getting taken out.
: H-Hold on, we didn’t…!
: And, with that, the operation is a success. Stick your chests out over your tremendous feat and make your way back to the surface, if you would.

*Bloop.*

: What just happened…?!
: Who took out that last nuke…?!

: I saw it all, Kouichi…

: Looks like he made it right in the nick of time, hm?
: All thanks to you, Ms. Calvin.
: Imposing on the Hadou Group to bring you over from the Union was certainly the right move.
: I’m just glad I could help.
: And you, too, Cmdr. Tanaka. Thank you so much for your assistance.
(on TV): If I’m to be perfectly honest, my heart froze when the supposedly-amnesiac Team D turned up on my doorstep.
: And then you send in a message asking ‘send the Dancouga up to space immediately’…
: Just getting the D-Phoenix carrier up and running was very difficult, you know.
: I’m very sorry for the trouble.
: Well, you’ll have your hands full with that bunch too. But take good care of them, yes?
: Though I should warn you, the Dancouga and the R-Daigun’s combination mechanism is still locked away…
: Oh, just having the famous Dancouga in our team is already more than enough.
: I’m glad to hear that, then. Now, if you’ll excuse me…

*Boop.*

: Sir, if I may ask, did you expect all this to happen from the start?
: You give me too much credit. What we saw here was several covert events all happening in tandem – quite the lucky coincidence, really.
: But for everything to match up so perfectly is…
: What can I say? But I was hoping to see something throughout this.
: See what, sir?
: The birth of Champions of Justice…

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

: Wha… What’s going on?
: We’re on TV – they’re calling us heroes…
: Right you are. The whole planet watched that battle live and uncut.
: And it looks like Princess Marina told everyone the truth of what was going on there.
: Marina Ismail…?
: Psh, they sure turned over a new leaf real quick for people calling us scum a few hours ago.
: Hmph, for someone bitching as much as you do, your face sends a very different message.
: Whatchu say now…?
: Cool it off, you two. Save the head-butting for another time!
: And on even better news, it’s looking like Director Hazard’s been arrested now that all his crimes have been brought to light.
: Now that’s music to my ears! He’s finally going to get what he deserves!
: But more important than him is that the Federation government has officially declared that the Elshank is no longer being viewed as a threat.
: Truly?!
: That’s wonderful news, Your Highness!
: Yes… Now we no longer have to fear being pursued by the people of Earth.
: That alone has made it worth pushing the Elshank as hard as we did.
: You performed admirably, indeed, Gameran.
: And you said that, despite the several warp holes we opened, there aren’t any major issues with our ship’s engine?
: Yes, perhaps it’s due to the quality of the Odyssite we’re using instead of the Kylhasium…
: Regardless, without the phantom of fuel shortage looming over our heads, I believe all it’ll take is some small maintenance to fully restore our engine.
: Yow, thank God for the Odyssite, huh?
: In any case, all of this is thanks to Athrun Zala and his team for proving our innocence to the Federation Parliament.
: We owe a lot to him and Rep. Athha – especially for what she went through because of us.
: Athrun helped us with the parliament…?
: That’s gonna let the Unknown Xtrikers have a much easier time getting around, yeah?
: Ohohoho, now wait just a minute. That name is far behind-the-times now!
: The former “Hell’s Executioners” have been born anew as CHAMPIONS OF JUSTICE!
: “Born anew”…?
: A message from the Federation government came in not long ago.
: They have officially recognized you as an independent strike team! Your name is now…!

: The UX – the Ultimate Cross!
: Ultimate Cross…
: I understand: it represents us as the strongest of compound teams.
: Isn’t that just the perfect name for you? And it even fits with the usual nickname.
: It is a pretty nice name, ain’t it?
: And, Arnie, do you feel like taking this opportunity to rename the Orphes too?
: Rename the Orphes…?
: Orphes isn’t the unit’s proper name, actually – just a pet name the Major decided to give to it.
: Ah, yes. You said it was based on the name of a musician in Greek legend.
: Quite the famous musician, even: it’s said that Orpheus traveled to the underworld and back.
: The bot was a prototype when I got my hands on it, so it hadn’t been named anything yet.
: But it’s quite clearly yours now, so you can call it whatever you’d like.
: Well, if you say so…

Nah, we’re good.

: Actually, no. I think you’ve poured a lot of your spirit into the Orphes name, Major.
: You and Ms. Saya saw Hell up close, and managed to come back from its depths…
: So I’d like to take up not just the unit, but that spirit as well.
: Hah, you really don’t have to be so fussy about me...
: But with that done, what say you we get this victory party started?!
: I’ve seen fit to have plenty of sushi made. Eat up as much as you need to restore your energies!
: Ooh, I’ve been waiting for this! I’m gonna eat ‘til I drop!
: Hey, you can’t hog all the food! I want some too!
: But first I believe this calls for a toast!
: Here’s to the Ultimate Cross, to our grand victory, and to the journey ahead…
: Cheers!
: Cheers!

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

: (Jin… I just wish you were here with me…)
: (I would’ve liked nothing more than to celebrate our hard-earned victory with you…)

:siren: SRW UX - Prologue

: What are you thinking about…?
: About a lot of things… About me, Arnie…
: And about the world…
: You’re still not sure if you’ll fight together with us, hm…? I thought as much…
: No, that’s not it.
: It’s just that now that I’ve found out the truth about our world… I can’t help but laugh at the man I used to be – so tied up with pride and ambition.
: All this time, I’ve played the role of a complete fool...

*Door opens.*

: But that is not the case anymore, yes?
: Prof. Novel…
: Your role in the next stage has been decided.
: Captain Jin Spencer, commander of the Army of Mankind’s Special Mobile Troop…
: That is your new designation.
: The Army of Mankind…? But I thought Director Hazard had been arrested?
: He was, but the Federation Parliament had already sanctioned its creation.
: Though the articles of the original bill that dictated the disassembly and incorporation of Orb’s and JUDA’s forces were all revised, of course.
: So, in the end, Director Hazard was yet another fool: one meant to get just far enough to form the Army of Mankind…?
: That is correct.
: But what about you? Will you embrace your role as a fool and step out of the spotlight, or will you raise a new curtain yourself…?
: Yes, I’m ready and willing to see it done…
: You understand that if you take this step, you’ll be unable to return, hm?
: That’s fine. This is the role I chose…
: Ayul… I swear that I will bring about your awakening!
: Cpt. Spencer…!

: Haah, haah…
: Hey, you okay? You’re not looking too good there.
: Y-Yeah... I guess I’m just a bit woozy now that the adrenaline’s worn out…
: True, true. You, Kouichi and Eida fought harder than anyone else up there.
: Oh, not at all… All I wound up doing was cause trouble for everyone…
: Come on, now. Haven’t you been picking up our slack this whole time?
: If anything, we’re the ones who caused you trouble.
: But, I… I kept quiet about your memories the whole time…
: Okay, we might be a bit miffed about that.
: Um… but I think Eida did that precisely because she was worried about you…
: But why’d you feel you had to go it alone? Why didn’t you ask us to back you up from the start?
: We appreciate that you were looking out for us, but it's not living happily ever after if you're not there as well.
: Absolutely. After all, you’re as part of Team D as any one of us!
: G-Guys… thank you!
: (Congrats, Eida…)
: But what I really wanna know is who took out that last nuke.
: That one came from Japan, right?
: Which means Japan also had nuclear missiles in place.
: The launch point was marked as being somewhere around the Yokosuka base…
: (What… Was it dad’s fleet that fired that nuke…?!)
: But why did the Katou Organization do something like that in the first place?
: Who knows? And if you ask me, their ties with the Union Army are just as worrying as whatever their plan is.
: They did say that that Union satellite weapon was something they’d built.
: I think the issue goes beyond that.
: I ask you, how was it that they seized control of all nuclear weapon delivery systems the world over?
: I’d expect them to sooner hack into Veda than managing something like that, but…
: It could be that they have infiltrated not just the heart of the Union Army, but that of all major countries on the planet. And if that’s true… then, indeed, I cannot help but feel that this was orchestrated.
: You mean like what you said before about the events synching up too perfectly?
: Aye. Consider the Katou Organization’s chain of terrorist attacks, Director Hazard’s downfall, the Dancouga’s resurgence, and the final missile being struck down by a mysterious attacker…
: Is it possible that all these events occurred with such a perfect overlap by pure chance?
: Hmm, I understand what you’re saying… but there’s no other way to explain than other than it being pure chance, no?
: However…
: Please, Master Kongming, have you heard the expression ‘all work and no play’? All’s well that ends well, I say!
: And, hey, Erebos! You always look so cute!
: Ooh, Mr. Ishigamii~! You naughty man!
: Erebos, you stop that shameless behavior this instant!
: Yeesh… talk about a chill boss they’ve got here.
: (Ishigami is hiding something… What could it be?)
: (It is not possible that all these overlapping events are fruit of random chance…)
: (I am certain there is someone lying at the center of this spider’s web – a will that is manipulating the entire world…!)
: H-Hrk… Argh!
: ?! Ensign Berge…!
: Someone call Lt. Canaria or Dr. Toumi!
: I-I’m alright… I’ll just go to my room and rest a bit…
: Sorry… I know we’re supposed to be celebrating our win…

*He leaves.*

: Arnie…
: He l o o k e d like he was in a lot of pain… is he really going to be alright?
: I’m a Factor, so I healed up fast from that battle, but he’s a normal man…

*Collapse.*

: Gch…! Urk…Graaargh!
: I-It’s the aftereffect… How can it hurt so much…?!

: This is what I’d warned you about.
: M-Ms. Saya…
: But this is the path you chose. You’ve gone too far and now there’s no going back.
: No going…back…?
: I’ll help you to your room. Hang onto my shoulder.
: S-Sorry…
: You’ll understand in time.
: The meaning of what the Major and I saw in the end of wilds…
: (What is she talking about…?)
: (Is she suggesting that… I’m also going to see Hell up close, just like they did…?)

: (Back when I tried that last warp... I know I heard something.)
: (A woman’s voice… I can still hear it even now…)
: (“Gather at the beginning…”)

Act 1 – In the End of Wilds – End

With the end of Act 1, our Tacticians are gonna start unlocking their 2nd bonuses. Zhuge Liang, of course, gets his before everyone else: All units gain the Ignore Size Difference effect. Sounds pretty good already, huh? Give him some more time.

And here are the convos we didn’t get:

: Conquer the world by threatening it with a giant laser cannon?! Goddamn, you guys are taking that villain gig and running with it, huh?!
: I wouldn’t expect people like you to understand our commander’s designs. But you’re an obstacle, so I must remove you.

--

: You’re that boy I did battle with in the snowy mountains! I demand that you demonstrate the strength that stirred my soul once more!
: Hah, you want it, you got it. I’m gonna stir your soul ‘til it’s turned to mush!

--

: Hey, what were you up to back at Kiriyama’s?!
: Hmhmhm, what, indeed? You’d best start flexing that imagination, honey!

--

: Do you have any idea how many people died just at that island of Haifan?! How can anyone who calls himself human do that?!
: And we’ll blast some other places if we need to!
: The other shoe hasn’t dropped for so many folks around the world, so we’ll rain reality on their heads and get them to start imagining their deaths!

--

: Oh, dear, so you were just pretending to have betrayed JUDA for Kiriyama. Hmhmhm… you had me completely duped.
: Katou imagined that would happen, hm? But that doesn’t mean everything will fall squarely within his expectations.

--

: Hahahah, I can sense your soul! A savage soul, like that of a wild beast!
: Wow, that’s some killer instinct he’s got. I’m feeling it all the way here!
: So he’s Lu Bu, the legendary general. I see his reputation is well deserved.
: But we’re not backing down, no matter the enemy we have to face. Isn’t that right, Aoi?
: Yup. Get over here, Lu Bu! We’ll give you an eyeful of the flames of our soul…!

--

: The Dancouga... its reason for being is rather like ours.
: The Dancouga’s and the Katou Organization’s…?
: Think he’s talking about us doing them military interventions around the world before?
: If he is, his data is very outdated.
: The Dancouga now is a savior of the world, one who’s transcended men, beasts and the gods themselves!
: And that means we’re popping that gumball mech and stopping your sat weapon!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Oct 5, 2018

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
So... to recap then:

*Athrun just pulled a speech at Dakar
*loving Hazard got arrested
*UX are now HEROES OF JUSTICE
*Dancouga Nova is back
*Katou launches all of the nukes in the world because imagination
*Japan has (had?) a nuke(s)
*Andrei is still a dink
*There's a mysterious mech that blew up the last nuke
*Everyone goes teleport crazy for a while
*Ishigami is up to something
*PARTY TIME
*Arnie is dying from teleportation sickness
*Jin has joined up with a mysterious faction

Did I miss anything?

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

Sounds about right, Alacron. Just add "The Boom's invasion strategy ruined, now they need to start over".

One annoying thing about this mission: you don't actually have the title screen theme unlocked as music on your first playthrough. When it started playing I immediately went into the menu to set it as the squad theme, only to find it wasn't there. It only becomes the Player Phase theme too, so I ended up playing the rest of the mission with animations off. Speaking of, I've always seen that song labeled as "Rebellion Against Fate", may have gotten the titles backwards (unless everyone else had them backwards).

Technical/LP-related aside to mention in case the notification doesn't pop up on NG+, which I'm pretty sure it wouldn't because it's there from the get-go: after this mission is ordinarily where you'd unlock ten-bar upgrading.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, I can't believe SRW took the satellite and nukes from Linebarrels and somehow made that part even cooler, especially the latter. Goddamn that was a great way to adapt that plot point for something with so many teleporting and high-speed robots, and it worked perfectly, even managed to make it work for the game's own story.

I couldn't have imagined how cool this was. Maybe I need my life threatened too.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

SirSystemError posted:

One annoying thing about this mission: you don't actually have the title screen theme unlocked as music on your first playthrough. When it started playing I immediately went into the menu to set it as the squad theme, only to find it wasn't there. It only becomes the Player Phase theme too, so I ended up playing the rest of the mission with animations off. Speaking of, I've always seen that song labeled as "Rebellion Against Fate", may have gotten the titles backwards (unless everyone else had them backwards).

I only just noticed it today when I went to look for the title BGM on Nico and wound up getting directed to our normal "big goddamn heroes" theme. Checking the JP wikis, it turns out the Youtube uploaders had, indeed, reversed the titles.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I was expecting Hazard's plan to work and for Act 1 to end in tragedy like SRW W's did. I'm not disappointed, that was a nice surprise.

I also wasn't expecting the mysterious stranger yelling "STOP!" in the middle of Hazard's gravedancing speech to be Rom Stoll... And yet I'm still disappointed that it was just Alex dino.

GimmickMan fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Mar 18, 2018

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I just like that we've got a carrier whose main gun is some goddamn DRAGON BREATH.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Brunom1 posted:

: Have you anything to say, former-Representative…?

*DOOR OPENS!*

: Stop!
: ?! You’re…!
: Alex Dino!

*Hubbub, hubbub…*

: He’s… Athha’s bodyguard?
: Madam Secretary General, Director Hazard has committed a breach of trust towards Earth Federation, solely to advance his personal interests!
: And I am here with evidence that proves it!
: Wh-Whaat?! I’ve never heard anything more ridiculous in all my life…! Guards! Remove this miscreant from these halls!
: … I apologize to the members of the parliament for my sudden trespass.
: My name is Alex Dino. But my real name is…

*Shades off!*

: Athrun Zala, formerly of FAITH, the PLANTs’ National Defense Committee’s Special Forces!
: Wha—?!
: Whaaaaaaat?!
: Athrun Zala… as in, the son of Patrick Zala?!
: He’s a hero from the previous Great Wars… but what’s someone like him doing here?!
: I ask that you all listen to this!

No, no. Just... Just no.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Inferno-sama posted:

No, no. Just... Just no.

What's the issue?

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Inferno-sama posted:

No, no. Just... Just no.

But we have to listen to Athrun's song. It's part of the licensing deal when getting Macross. Just like you have to blow up after saying "It's a Gundam!" if you license Gundam Wing.

In all seriousness. That mission was amazing. The cross series interaction was great, and seeing all of the plot threads being woven together really made me appreciate the story they're trying to tell.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Who could this blue-haired man that acts as Representative Athna's bodyguard? Could he be the other blue haired man that fought alongside her during the Bloody Valentine War and disappeared afterwards?

Of course not! Alex Dino is wearing shades. Athrun Zala did not wear shades. Clearly different people.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Hellioning posted:

Who could this blue-haired man that acts as Representative Athna's bodyguard? Could he be the other blue haired man that fought alongside her during the Bloody Valentine War and disappeared afterwards?

Of course not! Alex Dino is wearing shades. Athrun Zala did not wear shades. Clearly different people.

To be fair I never felt as if Athrun had nearly the impact Char did. I know "Everyone knows Athrun" but like... He's never felt like this dread figure whose name inspires terror and awe like Char did.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Onmi posted:

To be fair I never felt as if Athrun had nearly the impact Char did. I know "Everyone knows Athrun" but like... He's never felt like this dread figure whose name inspires terror and awe like Char did.

Yeah, but he was still former Chairman Zala's son and Lacus' ex-fiancee.

Sure, he's not on Char's level, but he's definitely a public figure.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Athrun pulling a Dakar speech is still very cool. Now all we need is the Katou organization to drop a colony on earth, to free people's imaginations from gravity or some poo poo

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Logicblade posted:

Athrun pulling a Dakar speech is still very cool. Now all we need is the Katou organization to drop a colony on earth, to free people's imaginations from gravity or some poo poo

Katou would totally do a colony drop, though not without asking the heroes to stop that colony drop first.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
Athrun's :objection: game is surprisingly strong.

e: Wait, can Joey breathe in space? He shows up next to Heroman to deploy defensive fields or something, right?

Montegoraon fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Mar 19, 2018

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Montegoraon posted:

Indeed

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Montegoraon posted:

e: Wait, can Joey breathe in space? He shows up next to Heroman to deploy defensive fields or something, right?

A. His gauntlet can make air bubbles like a Green Lantern ring.

B. Ask not these questions, for that way lies Operation Extend.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Katou would totally do a colony drop, though not without asking the heroes to stop that colony drop first.

At what point does he plan to stop doing this? Can humanity be trusted with large rocks?

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Montegoraon posted:

I'm not positive, but I believe in SRW @, Giant Robo is remote controlled by its pilot hanging off the side of its head. In space maps, the kid is wearing a space suit.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

General Revil posted:

I'm not positive, but I believe in SRW @, Giant Robo is remote controlled by its pilot hanging off the side of its head. In space maps, the kid is wearing a space suit.

In Alpha, he just pilots from inside the battleship like Tetsujin 28 in Z2, IIRC.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EclecticTastes posted:

In Alpha, he just pilots from inside the battleship like Tetsujin 28 in Z2, IIRC.

Then it might have been SRW 64. I remember someone was posting sprite rips on /m/ and one of the images had the kid hanging off the side of Robo wearing a pilot suit.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Ardeem posted:

At what point does he plan to stop doing this? Can humanity be trusted with large rocks?

Just imagine what large rocks could do if you threw them really hard. It's this lack of imagination of not throwing rocks at one another that people need to discover.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

SRW 64 was the one where Daisaku put on an astronaut suit to continue riding Robo's shoulder while in space.

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

I can imagine Joey breathing in space. But I personally find it just plain crazy how he can fly through the air - particularly with Heroman Combination which normally can't hit things in the air outright - if you pair up Heroman with a unit that gives him an A in air.

Brunom1 posted:

With the end of Act 1, our Tacticians are gonna start unlocking their 2nd bonuses. Zhuge Liang, of course, gets his before everyone else: All units gain the Ignore Size Difference effect. Sounds pretty good already, huh? Give him some more time.

Since this was added in and I wanted to give my thoughts on that anyway, this boost is actually why I think Zhuge Liang is a bit whatever as a midgame tactician. It sounds crazy, and kinda is giving every single unit on your team Ignore Size Difference. But I found it mostly relevant if fielding and relying on a lot of SD Gundams and/or Heroman, and yet even with that it's not a huge deal given most of their biggest attacks ignore size anyway. Several others can keep up with him until some more time comes to pass, and at least one I feel is on par if not outclasses him until that point.

SirSystemError fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Mar 20, 2018

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Just imagine what large rocks could do if you threw them really hard. It's this lack of imagination of not throwing rocks at one another that people need to discover.
I mean, Gorg in BX has an attack that is literally "Imma chuck a boulder at this motherfucker", so his imagination must be off the charts.

Then again, 90% of Gorg's moveset in BX involves him throwing something at the opponent, so yeah. Kind of surprised that Banpresto didn't go all in and give him an extra attack that has Gorg throw his Pair-Up partner/an adjacent ally unit at an enemy target, however.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AradoBalanga posted:

Kind of surprised that Banpresto didn't go all in and give him an extra attack that has Gorg throw his Pair-Up partner/an adjacent ally unit at an enemy target, however.

Assuming the SRW GC, Neo, and OE team hasn't been poo poo-canned over the catastrophe that was OE, that's something up their alley (and they'd have it cause a map effect as well).

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

And we are back. Last time we wrapped up Act 1 in spectacular fashion and became CHAMPIONS OF JUSTICE. Can this mission measure up to that? Well, Alto, Ozma and Michel are deploying as event units, so it’s not looking good on that front.
Here’s how we’re going:
Fei-Yen/Lockon
Zhang Fei/Shangxiang
Shinn/Klan
Sun Quan/Aesap
Dancouga/Canaria
Mazinkaiser/Soubi
Michel/Kenji
Ozma/Tsubasa
Mamoru/Sakura
Cao Cao/Moritsugu
Liu Bei/Rennie
Yamashita/Mike
Joe/Saya
Shou/Marvel
Setsuna/Luca
Kurou/Deceive
Heroman/Eida
Kouichi/Luna
Kazuki/Allelujah
Arnie/Guan Yu
Tactician: Zhuge Liang

And now that Act 1 is over, the game finally brings us the standard wall of text:

Two years following the founding of the Earth Federation, as mankind reveled in a transient peace, a mysterious mercenary group feared as “Hell’s Executioners” lurked in the shadows of it all.

They were called UX – the Unknown Xtrikers.

Taking requests from anyone, bound to no army, the UX single-handedly undertook black ops for any and all nations. At one point, due to the schemes of Hazard, Director of the Martian Development Bureau, they were hunted as enemies of the world, but thanks to the efforts of several of their supporters – including Athrun Zala – and the UX successfully stopping the Katou Organization’s worldwide nuclear assault, the team was at last reborn as an independent strike steam of the Earth Federation.

However, all around them, many mysteries and conspiracies remain unearthed.

Who was helping Hazard from the shadows?
How did the Katou Organization manage to spread their reach to the very core of Earth’s government and military?
What is the truth behind all the inimical beings of mankind, such as the Festum?
What is the implication of the parallel universes? And what of the voice heard by those who arrived from said different universes – “Gather at the beginning”?

Events intertwine with one another, as though weaving a complex, yet unseen, spider web, driving the UX towards a new stage. The next one shall be the fleet of immigrant ships that arrived from a different universe – the Macross Frontier.

What will Sheryl Nome’s voice – the fleet’s top artist, renowned as The Galactic Fairy – bring them?

Act 2 – Vagabond Blues

We open up at the Frontier Fleet, where Howard and Mishima thank us for coming all the way here. See, there’s a very important task for us: Sheryl will be hosting a concert soon, and they’d like our team to stand guard over it. She’s quickly risen to be a superstar not just with the Frontier folk, but the Earth populace as well – her show would be a prime target for many unsavory elements.
Richard and Romina understand that… but is that ALL of Howard’s reasons for wanting to hire us? Our services aren’t cheap. Howard mulls a bit and Mishima figures they’d best come clean if they’re to convince us: the truth is they believe Sheryl is drawing in the Vajra with her song. Scarlet and Kongming find that hard to believe, and while Mishima admits they’ve no solid evidence, he points out that Sheryl was singing prior to both the Vajra’s attack at the PLANTs’ charity concert and the bugs’ massive assault before the Frontier Folded to this world. That’s enough to get them to start questioning things.

But Moritsugu has doubts: even if their guess turns out true, what would Sheryl have to gain by beckoning the hostile Vajra? Well, they also suspect that she might be a spy for the Galaxy Fleet, another immigrant fleet like the Frontier. And while they all started the same, setting off to travel the universe, when you put so many people together, it’s inevitable that they’ll develop their own particular set of beliefs and national consciousness.
What he’s getting at, Richard surmises, is that both fleet’s differences of opinions has put them at odds with each other. And Mishima says they believe the Galaxy’s using Sheryl as a way to attack their fleet.

Sumeragi understands, but asks, if they’re so suspicious of her, why not do something about it? Because the situation won’t allow it: their people grow more and more anxious with each passing day and Sheryl is loved by pretty much all of them. Were they to arrest her, worst case scenario, they could have a revolt in their hands, Sima Yi sees. And, so, the government was to avoid making any overt moves right now.
That’s where we come in: if the Vajra DO wind up attacking, we’re to move in and protect the fleet. Mishima hopes their suspicions turn out to be unfounded, of course…

Cut to the urban area, Maya’s blown away to find a sprawling city like this inside a spaceship – the place looks very much like a city you’d find the US West Coast, which gets Marvel thinking of home. Domyoji sighs at the amazing tech found in the Frontier universe… but Kouichi wants to know what he’s doing here. Why’d he come along?
Oh, don’t be like that: ever hear the phrase “no road is too long in the company of a friend”? Right, Kizaki? Actually, she’s here because she’s now an operator for our team. Well, fine, the truth is that Ishigami asked Domyoji to come here and take a look around the place – in preparation for future events. What does he mean? Domyoji and Damian aren’t telling, but ask us to look forward to it. These two seem to have grown into fast friends, and Shou can help but raise an eyebrow at this odd pairing of Damian, the Martian guerilla man, and a priest/exorcist.

Is your reference game on point? Wiki says that’s a stab at The Omen, where the standard demon-possessed kid is called Damian.

Rachel’s keeping tabs on all us “kids”, though she still has time to order a rather enamored Humanoid to buy her some profiteroles. Isn’t she the biggest kid around here? Pish-posh, age is a nonissue – it’s what’s inside what matters. Truth be told, Sakuya can’t believe she’s a world-class genius, but Joey points out how her help is what allowed us to beat the Skrugg back in the US.
And she’s now with the UX, so our mechanical problems are as good as solved! Oh, and these profiteroles are really good too… Aoi’ll need some more time to process that “genius” story.

But our attention’s diverted to Ranka, who laughs that Ozma wasn’t kidding when he said we were a cheerful crew. It’s been a long while since the “Richie’s Angels” crew got to see her and, as it turns out, she’s the guide Ozma got to show us around. But Ranka’s not alone: Sheryl herself is also tagging along!
Mike is stunned that a superstar like her would be showing us around, but Sheryl figures we, the heroes who saved the world, are a much bigger deal. So much so that we’re worthy of having her as a tour guide! And there’s a lot to see in the Frontier, so Ranka’s already beckoning everyone to follow.
As she goes, Kurou’s having a hard time believing that Hardass Ozma has such a cute little sister… “Hmph, I see that you are not squeamish in regards to women!” Al sniffs, causing Tsubasa to immediately frown. No, Kurou’s not like that! Don’t listen to her!

And, as it turns out, Ranka’s changed manager and is now signed up under Grace as well. She owes Elmo, the previous manager, so much for helping start her career, but he’d been unable to find her bigger gigs.
So, in Ranka’s best interest, Elmo decided to step down. And, indeed, Eida’s heard that Ranka – a.k.a. the Superdimensional Cinderella – has been growing pretty famous as a singer even back on Earth.

Johnny can certainly see the problem, as it’s hard for small agencies to book their singers a spot in major events; that said, as Rennie remembers, Ranka wasn’t singing for the fame, but because it was her dream. And it’s pretty great that she’s managed to fulfill it.
Ranka chalks it up not only to Elmo, but also to the support so many people have given her. “Are you sure you don’t mean ‘his support’? Sheryl giggles, which gets the girl all flustered. Well, Sheryl is certain Alto’ll be turning up soon enough – she sent him a message to set things up. Oh, boy…

Cut to the Quarter, Alto’s already gotten the message and isn’t amused. “‘Come to Griffith Park right now’… What am I, your goon?” he grunts, as Arnie overhears. Is that his sweetheart calling? A-Absolutely not, it’s just frickin’ Sheryl pushing him around… though Alto doesn’t look all that miffed in Lockon’s eyes. And, on that subject, isn’t that earring he’s carrying hers?
Y-Yes, but that’s only because she asked him to look for the thing and he’s hoping to give it back now… but that becomes a bit of a problem when Ozma walks in and tells Alto to cut ties with that woman. What for? As Cathy tells him, both Sheryl and Grace are under suspicion of being spies. Alto’s shocked but Richard and Saya confirm it: the intel came from the President’s Office itself, and says both are controlling the Vajra and getting them to attack the Frontier.

Ozma does note that there’s no definitive proof yet, but considering the two of them even reached out to Ranka… Wait, what does she have to do with any of this? “Ranka… She’s not actually my sister,” Ozma tells. “She’s the sole survivor from the planet Galia 4.”
Klan heard of it, a planet that was completely decimated by the Vajra. Ranka lost all her memories from her childhood and her family from the trauma, so Ozma took her in and raised her as his sister. Now, her parents were scientists working on the Vajra, and Ozma figures something about that’s got to be how she survived when no one else did.

As Zhuge Liang surmises, it could be that the memories locked away in Ranka’s mind hold the key towards controlling the creatures. As for Alto, he’d never heard anything about this, only that Ranka had pretty much no recollection of her childhood… except Aimo, and that’s when it hits him.
For some reason Sheryl knew that song as well, despite it being Ranka’s – the sole survivor’s – only remaining memory. What if that song’s said key towards controlling the Vajra? Sumeragi and Sima Yi fear Sheryl’s much farther along in her work than expected!
And, Michel remembers, Sheryl asked to tag along with Ranka to show us around today. Ozma is livid and orders Alto over to Griffith Park to get his sister back – and if Sheryl tries to put even a fingernail on her, then he’s to stop her by any means necessary! Arnie and Saya’ll also be coming along.

: Yeesh… How can the inside of a ship be this big? Feels like we’ve been walking forever…
: I-I’m pretty tired too. Maybe we should take a break…?
: Come on, don’t be so wimpy. There’s still so much to see – you can’t be tired yet!
: Heheh, you really are just like Alto said, Sheryl.
: Alto’s told you about me…?
: I bet he went on and on about how I’m selfish, stubborn, moody, and the like.
: Eeeh, maybe a little, but that wasn’t the end of it.
: He also said you become like a completely different person when you get up on stage – that you’re a true professional.
: W-Well, of course, tell me something I don’t know. I swear, Alto…
: (Sheryl…)

: Pii! Pii!
: Ack?!
: N-No, you can’t come out here, Ai-kun!
: Ooh, who’s this little guy? He’s so cute!
: I found him around town the other day. I think he’s some kind of animal, but don’t ask me which…
: Come here, child. Let me see—
: Piii!

*Runs off!*

: Ai-kun!
: Now look what you did, furface! You scared the thing away with that ugly mug of yours!
: Hrm… Never have I known such shame…
: He went that way! C’mon, we gotta go after!

: Are you sure this is the location Sheryl Nome sent you?
: Y-Yeah, but… um…
: What is it?
: I gotta ask, why the outfit?
: This is a covert action-oriented costume. Pay it no mind.
: (C-“Covert”…? Way I see it, a beret, leotard and mantle combo only make you stick out like a sore thumb…) (Reference to The Star of the Seine - Saya's dressed as the main character.)

: Haah, haah… I… I can’t run anymore…
: You stop right now! Get back here!

: ?! That’s…!
: Sheryl’s chasing Ranka…?!
: Kch…! So she really was…!

: Sheryl, stop!

*Shove!*

: ?! Waaah?!
: A-Alto?!
: What are you doing?! Why’d you just walk up and shove her like that?!
: Be quiet, all of you.
: S-Saya… what are you wearing?
: Stay away from Ranka, Sheryl.
: I didn’t want to believe you were a spy from the Galaxy Fleet… Then I turn around and see you attacking her?!
: Was getting closer to me also part of your plan…?!
: N-No, Alto! She was just trying to get Ai-kun back…!
: Ai-kun...?
: Pii! Piii!
: Sheryl was just helping Ranka catch her pet.
: That’s why they were chasing after it, man!
: Ah…
: What a piece of work you are. And here I was, bringing you tickets to tomorrow’s concert.
: Sheryl, wait! I-I was—!
: I guess I was wrong about you, Alto…

*She leaves.*

: Sheryl…

Back on the Elshank, word’s already gotten around about what happened. Seems to Liu Bei that Ozma’s at fault for Alto’s misunderstanding, and while Kouichi didn’t hang out with Sheryl for long, he didn’t take her to be a spy. Fei-Yen doesn’t think she’s lying to us, either. What makes her say that? “Because I got my song back when I heard her singing,” she says, her speech impediment completely gone. “Song is part of who you are… No one who’s lying to herself can sing like that.”
Still, the fact remains that the Vajra did appear during her concerts, so Magami still thinks there’s something there. We don’t really know what’s going on, and that’s what makes it worse – Kurou figures Alto must be particularly torn over this.

: (Sheryl, are you really a spy? What could be going through your head…?)
: (This earring… she said the jewel inside it can transmit thoughts…)
: (If I just knew what she’s really thinking, then…)

Flaaaash!*

: Please… don’t leave me alone…

: Wh-What was that just now…?
: Did… Did his earring really transmit her thoughts to me…?

Cut to somewhere hidden, Grace is in touch with her bosses again. Woman notes that Faery 9’s suffered some mental damage, but Grace is certain that won’t impede tomorrow’s operation. “You’ve nothing to worry about. I raised Faery 9 – Sheryl Nome – myself… Whether she’s happy, angry, or sad, she can be trusted to always turn that emotion to strength and sing,” Grace assures them.
Young Man likes reliability but notes that, ultimately, Sheryl’s only meant as a spare, and Old Man agrees: Code Q1 is always their first choice. Grace confirms and is confident that Faery’s song will cause Q1’s sleeping powers to awaken. “I swear to you: our hands will raise humanity to the apex of its evolution, freeing us from the bondage of individuality,” she adds.

: ..
: (“What is he thinking right now…”? Hahah, whatever he’s thinking, it’s not my problem…)
: (Isn’t that how it’s always been? I might be alone, but I sing anyway.)
: (Because I’m a songstress… because I’m Sheryl Nome, the Galactic Fairy!)

Mission 23 - The False Songstress

* :bravo: :bravo: *

: Thank you, thank you. Now, my next song is…
: (Wow… both she and the crowd are getting really into it…)
: (But… something’s missing from her voice today. It’s like her heart is in chains.)
: (What happened yesterday must have really hurt her…)

: The show’s already underway…
: The Elshank and Ptolemaios have just finished their checks and are standing ready in case the Vajra attack.
: Right in the nick of time – good.
: Are you actually expecting the Vajra to attack during this, Captain?
: Well, I don’t know if I should call it an old sea dog’s intuition… but I’m feeling a pinch in this scar of mine. Usually that means a storm is coming…
: But do you think it’s possible for song to attract the Vajra?
: Who knows? Here’s hoping all this is for nothing, but…

*Alarm!*

: It’s…! We’ve multiple De-Fold signatures around the concert area!

: And that bad feeling was right on the money!
: I-It’s the Vajra again…?!
: Are you kidding me?! Why do they always turn up during my shows…?!
: (Hmhmhm, and there they are. Sheryl’s Fold Song is leading them nicely…)

: Kishaaaaaaaa!
: It’s going after Sheryl!
: Aaah!
: Sheryl!

:siren: SRW UX - The Target.

: Alto?!

: Alto… Why did you…?
: Sheryl, I’m really sorry for what happened yesterday. I won’t ask that you forgive me, but…
: But I want to say just one thing to you!
: Whatever might happen, you won’t be alone!
: ?! Wh-Where did that come from?!
: Your earring. It showed me what you feel, deep inside your heart!
: …!
: Whether that’s true or not, I don’t know… but that’s not the point anymore!
: I’ll believe in your song… That’s what I want to do, and I won’t stop believing ‘til the very end!
: Of all the insubordinate…! We need to back him up!

: All units, deploy!

As you can see, we’re deploying right in the middle of a pond, so try to get as many troops airborne as you can. Those that are stuck on the ground, try to set them up close to the pier-like things, so they can reach shore as quickly as can be.

: The NUNS forces are dealing with the Vajra that appeared outside the fleet’s ships! They’re asking that we deal with the ones inside!
: Kizaki, I know you haven’t had time to get used to this yet, but we’ll make it work together, alright?
: I’m not sure how useful I’ll be for our team even as an operator… Still, I’m glad to be here.
: Ah, but there’s nothing we cannot do if we work together. Let’s roll up our sleeves, ladies!
: (Vajra, yet another group of visitors from a different universe… Was it truly song that led them to this world…?)
: In any case, our priority should be to evacuate the civilians!

: Do not allow the Vajra to encroach upon that stage, troops!

Mission Objective: Destroy all enemies
Mission Failure: Alto, Michel or any ships destroyed. Any Vajra enters the marked area.

Thankfully, this mission is far simpler than the last time we had to play defense against a tide of Vajra. For one, they don’t respawn infinitely and, should you wish, you have just enough troops to outright surround Sheryl’s stage completely. So you COULD turtle up and just let the Vajra come to you.
That’ll take a while, though, and you don’t really need to do that: there’s a decent distance between their flock and the target area, and if you spread your guys well enough, you’ll create a wall of fire that they won’t be able to traverse. Standard rules apply: prioritize whichever enemies are closest to the stage, especially the yellow Vajra since they’re faster.
Once you kill the first wave, the latter ones should be easily kept at bay with your guys through the pond and with decent morale.

:siren: SRW UX - Shangri-La

: Were these things really drawn over by Sheryl’s song?
: Let’s hope not… If the Vajra could actually be controlled at will, that’d make them a very powerful, and dangerous, weapon!

: Jeez, we just got a parade of weird animals attacking our world! Next thing we know, we’re gonna be fighting giant octopi or something!
: However, it matters not what force sets itself before us! ‘Tis our duty to strike own any who would harm humanity! Take them, Kurou!

“What, we’ve got monsters coming from space too?! I already have my hands full with the stuff in Arkham City!”

:siren: SRW UX - Dunbine Flies

: A monster the size of a mobile weapon?! And they’re not even Direbeasts from Byston Well!
: It might be human greed controlling you right now, but I can’t cut you any slack if you’re attacking here!

:siren: SRW UX - Roulette

: Another kind of bug alien like the Skrugg… I didn’t think space would have more of these.
: But we’ve been through too much to lose here! Go, Heroman!

: Urk… W-What’s going on…?! I’m… hurting inside…!
: This is… It’s just what happened at the PLANTs concert…

: I don’t care if the Vajra were or weren’t called over by someone!
: What I’m here to do is keep the people on that concert safe! That’s what a CHAMPION OF JUSTICE is about!

:siren: SRW UX - A Bird’s Song

: So these are them space monsters we heard so much about.
: How do we deal with them, Johnny?
: Sorry to tell you, but I’m not subscribed to Men’s Space Monsters Monthly…
: Bah, whatever! The four of us and the Dancouga don’t need any tricks to win!
: Time to make things up as we go, I say! Let’s go wild!

And when you kill 7 pairs of the initial enemies…

: We’ve got more of them…!

: That’s the first time we see that type, though.
: Maybe it’s a new strain of Vajra? I’d wager our usual approach may not work as well against it.
: It… It hurts!
: Kishaaaaaaa!
: (If this keeps going… If this keeps going, everyone’ll die… just like before…!)

*Flash!*

: Huh…?
: “Before”…? What’s going on? Why did I think that…?

*The new Vajra goes after her!*

: The Vajra—?!
: ! drat it, it’s going after her…!

*Waaaaaaaaagh!*

: Aaaaiiiieeee!

: RANKAAA!

*And the Vajra moves back.*

: A-Alto!
: The Vajra took Ranka inside itself…!
: You goddamned bug! Let her go!

: Kch, we can’t get close!
: Fei, can’t you weaken them with your song like you did in the PLANTs’ battle?!
: Sorry, but it’s not happening! I would try something, but I can’t even get started with all these attacks coming down on us!
: (Weaken the Vajra with song…?)
: (If that’s actually possible… then maybe my song can help them a bit!)

:siren: SRW UX - Obelisk

: ?! That music is…!
: Sheryl’s singing…?!
: I can feel the emotions flowing through her song… It’s…!
: Aaah, it’s so warm… This fire, this wish to protect others even if it means risking your life!
: This… this is all the emotion she’s poured into her song!
: (There are people who need my music right now…)
: (So I’ll put my very soul into these lyrics and sing for them!)

: Gi-Gi…
: Her song’s slowed the Vajra down…?
: It’s just like what happened at the PLANTs battle…!
: Sheryl… your song’s amazing!
: Sheryl, you…
: You’ve no time to be gobsmacked, UX pilots!
: ?!

: A Valkyrie…?
: This is Antares 1 to the UX. I’m here to assist you.
: Assist? “Antares 1”…?!
: Never mind him, Alto! Go save Ranka while my song’s slowing the Vajra!
: Alright. I swear I’ll get her off their hands!
: Listen up, maggots! What you’re going to do is immobilizing that Vajra!
: Make sure you don’t drop that mantis, or I’ll drop my heel up your asses!

Alright, here’s the deal: Ranka’s trapped inside that new Hound Vajra, and we need to reduce it under 20% to win. Sheryl still needs to be covered, though, so don’t send too many units down there if you haven’t cleared the previous wave. Thankfully, we don’t need to babysit Brera as well.
Now, the Hound Vajra has 9600 HP which isn’t little but also isn’t so much for our team (Demonbane’s creator once wound up oneshotting the thing with an Atlantis Strike). Just take things easy and use some modicum of restraint, and you’ll be f—

: !

: :staredog: :staredog:

: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSWDR6R9t-U

: AAAAAAH!
: Ranka…?!
: It hurts… It hurts so much, Alto!

: RANKAAAAAAAAAA!!

drat it, Tobikage!
Needless to say, you want to be really careful with the Elshank or any of its units on missions like this, because Tobikage only moves at the speed of KILL and won’t hesitate to gut the Hound Vajra.
Furthermore, the same applies to Brera, but he’s not as overpowered as the ninja bot (and can’t move twice). Keep a steady pace, if only to make sure you don’t lose too much cash and kills to the AI.

If anything, they don’t prioritize the Hound Vajra, so, worst case scenario, just give them stuff to keep busy with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTr2DOPvHw4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLfUHADT6W0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15tWw3ETqE0
Like so. While that’s going on, we’ll make a beeline for the finish!

:siren: May’n - Obelisk

: I will defend both Sheryl’s resolve and Ranka’s feelings! I swear it on my wings…!

: What are you after?! Are you just attacking us on instinct, or…?!

: That’s a Vajra?! I thought Aura Battlers looked like bugs, but they’ve got nothing on these!
: Maybe, but the way they move... these aren't bugs at all! We can’t let our guard down around them!

: We can worry about sorting out the details later. Her song’s lit a fire in me, and that’s all I need!

: Sheryl Nome’s music having an effect on the Vajra…
: We still don’t know why, but could this be another way of carrying out dialogue…?

: Sheryl’s song really is great! I have to give this my best, just like she is!

: Kishaaaaaa!

: Gah, the bug ain’t letting us squish it without a fight!

: A-Aah!
: It’s attacking the stage too!
: Sheryl…!
: (I’m not running from this… If Alto and his team are meant to fight, then I’m meant to sing! I need to just focus on that…!)
: (Sheryl’s also giving this everything she has… Then there’s only one thing for me to do…!)
: I can feel them… I can feel both Alto and Sheryl’s spirits – their hearts!
: I… I’ll put my heart to song too!
: (That’s it, Ranka… Together, this time!)

:siren: SRW UX - Lion

: This song is…!
: Ranka’s singing from inside the Vajra?!
: Their souls are sending ripples through my very core…!
: Me too! Their song’s echoing through me even stronger than before…!
: Amazing… Simply magnificent! The Fold Wave count’s risen past level 9?!
: So it wasn’t only Code Q1’s sleeping power that awakened… Faery 9 also underwent the same process?!
: The large Vajra’s stopped! If you’re going to save Ranka, now’s the time to do it!
: Haaaaah! Rankaaaaaaaa!

: Kishaaaaaa!

: Hrgh…!
: Alto…!
: drat it, how am I supposed to cover him from here?!

*Michel moves right next to Alto.*

: Michel, that’s too risky!
: Uooooooh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VF9HYqMWXo
Captions are available.

: N-Now, Alto! Get her…!
: Ranka, jump!
: Alto!

: Ranka, are you okay?!
: Y-Yeah, I am…!
: Alto… Thank you so much for saving me!
: Don’t mention it… I’m just glad you’re safe!
: Phew… looks like everything worked out – all thanks to your assist, Michel.
: Ha-Hahah… Work me to the bone, why don’t you…!
: Michel…?!

: Y-You’re… too wet behind your ears, princess…

: Michel…!
: Michel?! MICHEL! AAAAAAAAAH!
: No… Michel…!

: It looks like all Vajra, including the ones outside, have been repelled.
: From the Ultimate Cross’ Skull Squadron to Antares 1, we thank you for your help…
: …I only did what was expected of me.

: We managed to win today, but…
: Michel… Michel! That… that huge idiot!
: MICHEEEEEEL!!

: Jeez… Now that was a tough bit.
: But I guess I should be glad the Valkyrie’s ejection seat worked right…
: Y-You MORON! You should’ve said something if you were fine all along!
: O-Ooow! What’d you expect…?! All my comms were down, you know…
: I’m bruised, but I’ll make it. Sorry to have worried you like that, Klan.
: Hm…

*Off they go.*

: It’s not always we see the stoic Lt. Klan looking like that…
: Well, of course. Everyone’s got folks they never wanna see gone.
: And I guess we should head back too, right?
: Ooh, look! It’s snowing!

: How pretty…
: That was a great song, you two.
: Alto…
: Alto…
: Here, Sheryl. Your earring…
: Oh, you can keep it. Consider it a bonus for keeping us safe.
: But isn’t it really important to you…?!
: And I’m giving it to you, so this is when you should just say “thanks”!
: I don’t often do freebies like this, you know!
: Thank you, Alto, Ranka… for helping me realize that I’m not alone…
: You’re not, yeah…
: …! *cough, cough*!
: A-Are you all right?! You might’ve caught a cold from all this snow…
: Heh, no, I’m fine. I just think I had a bit too much excitement for a day…
: If you say so…
: *cough, cough*…
: (My body feels like… What’s happening to me…?)

Cut to Mishima’s office, it seems pretty clear to everyone that Sheryl’s voice is, indeed, drawing in the Vajra. On the other hand, both Sumeragi and Zhou Yu point out that she helped us through the entire battle, risking her life in the process. Not something you’d expect from a spy looking to attack the Frontier.
Mishima agrees, but also can’t discard that possibility with someone with ties to the Galaxy Fleet is deep as Sheryl. But Richard raises a good point: said Galaxy Fleet was in the Frontier’s original world, no? What reason would a spy have to carry on her work when her bosses are in a different universe?
“About that… it may be that her bosses are actually in this universe,” Mishima notes. You see, during the previous battle, the Frontier picked up a distress signal – one matching the Galaxy Fleet’s…

And Sima Yi and Zhou Yu have caught up to Zhuge Liang, their second tactician bonuses being, respectively, +5% to accuracy rate and +10% damage to chained attacks. The accuracy bonus is negligible, but Zhou Yu’s bonus is how you can, with All Attack L3, fully offset the chain attack penalty.

Here are the other convos we missed today:

: (Sheryl’s song could really be calling in the Vajra…)
: (But, still, I…!)

---

: Her song’s brimming with emotion… and I’ll answer it in kind! Not as a singer, but as another warrior!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Oct 5, 2018

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
You've referred to Zhuge Liang as Kongming a couple times in the last updates and I'm guessing that's unintentional?

Brera seems to have dropped his whole "YOU'RE NOT WORTHY OF PROTECTING MY IMOUTO!!" thing. On the one hand that should be a good thing, but it's somehow made him even more boring than he was in L so :shrug:

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Alacron posted:

You've referred to Zhuge Liang as Kongming a couple times in the last updates and I'm guessing that's unintentional?

It was intentional, actually.

Kongming's Zhuge Liang's courtesy name (same as Lu Bu is Lu Fengxian) and, truth be told, is how his character is actually referred to in SD Gundam (Koumei). I try to stick with Zhuge Liang since I reckon that's more recognizable for folks, but characters will refer to him as Kongming, so I'll sneak that name in every now and then to make sure y'all don't forget! :cop:

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 24, 2018

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Brunom1 posted:

: (C-“Covert”…? Way I see it, a beret, leotard and mantle combo only make you stick out like a sore thumb…)

Did she dress up as goddamned Cammy White, SF2 the Movie edition?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Brunom1 posted:

It was intentional, actually.

Kongming's Zhuge Liang's courtesy name (same as Lu Bu is Lu Fengxian) and, truth be told, is how his character is actually referred to in SD Gundam (Koumei). I try to stick with Zhuge Liang since I reckon that's more recognizable for folks, but characters will refer to him as Kongming, so I'll sneak that name in every now and then to make sure y'all don't forget! :cop:

Well then, I guess I learned something today.

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

Freaking Tobikiage, man. Was amused that actually happened in the update. Related story from when I played this stage - the defeat condition slipped my mind, and even if it hadn't I didn't think the Vajra would have that little HP. I sent a small group of my units over to fight it while others held the line back at the stage in case of any funny business from theoretical reinforcements. I sent in Aoi and Eida to fire the first salvo...and they proceeded to just straight up murder poor Ranka. Game over. Least it was an easy fix with Johnny's Mercy.

I was also glad to get some decent Macross music for the Valkyries this stage - both Obelisk and Lion - instead of being stuck with The "Disgrace to Good Music" Target. A fun thing about Obelisk during this stage: appropriately, Miku songs won't play if Fei attacks. Was a cool moment when it started playing. Shame it's kinda diminished by like three dozen Exhaust animations all playing in a row before you get control again.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

And here is one of the game's legendary dick moves. You probably thought that since the UX team was a bunch of fresh faces in the company that they'd be merciful with Tobikage, right? Nope, here's the dev team proclaiming in a loud voice "Oh we absolutely know how much agony Tobikage brings to people. Enjoy the pain". There's a reason Tobikage triggers 'Nam flashbacks for veteran players, and it's because he'd do poo poo like this constantly in Impact. It's not helped by the Hound Vajra being a slightly stronger grunt unit and not a boss enemy like one would expect. This is exactly what tripped up Demonbane's creator when he played UX; he went into this thinking the Hound Vajra would have, in his words, "boss-class HP". 9600 HP may seem like a lot, but at this point, a typical player has spread the upgrades around (or dumped them into a handful of units) so units can easily deal with that amount of HP in no time at all.

The moral of the story is: 1) always check HP gauges and 2), do not underestimate the title robot of a show, especially the ninja one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That Michel moment makes no sense whatsoever here. He shot the Vajra and then... went down... for some reason. Okay.