Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

I believe it was the late great apple visionary Dr. Steven "Google Ron Paul" Jobs who said "I predict Bit-Coin will be worth 10 trillion dollars by the end of 2018"

considering that jobs literally, 100% no joke, tried to cure his cancer by drinking fruit juice and driving his sports car over uneven terrain to shake the tumor to death, I will believe he actually said this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Dave Concepcion posted:

considering that jobs literally, 100% no joke, tried to cure his cancer by drinking fruit juice and driving his sports car over uneven terrain to shake the tumor to death, I will believe he actually said this

Holy poo poo. His stupidity was terminal.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

Holy poo poo. His stupidity was terminal.

yeah, literally

Barrie R. Cassileth, the chief of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center's integrative medicine department,[115] said, "Jobs's faith in alternative medicine likely cost him his life.... He had the only kind of pancreatic cancer that is treatable and curable.... He essentially committed suicide."[116]

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

zaurg posted:

:eyepop:

Count me in, dumbass no-coiners.

Sell your shitcoins Zaurg

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Dave Concepcion posted:

yeah, literally

Barrie R. Cassileth, the chief of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center's integrative medicine department,[115] said, "Jobs's faith in alternative medicine likely cost him his life.... He had the only kind of pancreatic cancer that is treatable and curable.... He essentially committed suicide."[116]

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

It's pedocoin you loving animals

pedo pesos
diddler dollars
fiddler francs
creeper kroners
ephebophile euros
savile shillings
nambla nickels
nonce cents

cellblockchain

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

divabot posted:

pedo pesos
diddler dollars
fiddler francs
creeper kroners
ephebophile euros
savile shillings
nambla nickels
nonce cents

cellblockchain

So what you are saying is that wise Satoshi didn't abandon Bitscoin he just has no access to a computer in federal prison for kiddy touching...

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

wid posted:

I hope you put all of your life savings in bitcoin.

Trust me I have enough to retire by 2020 in crypto

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
We should stop being mean to CFS and fully support them in conquering the crypto-realm.

Goonspeed.:911:

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Shinjobi posted:

We should stop being mean to CFS and fully support them in conquering the crypto-realm.

at least one of us is going to make it

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

junan_paalla posted:

at least one of us is going to make it

Don’t worry I will be a generous crypto Lord

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Goonspeed bitlord

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
now is the time to get into the good graces of the future controllers of all global wealth. please rain prosperity upon these dead gay comedy forums

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Don’t worry I will be a generous crypto Lord

Donate some bitcoin to lowtax asap wealthy crypto person.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

:ssh: cfs is gimmick posting

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

No you dont, cumfart sweater

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

QuarkJets posted:

:ssh: cfs is gimmick posting

:ssh: I know

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
God u people suck

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
What are my bitcoiins worth now?

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Burt Sexual posted:

God u people suck

There have been 32097 posts made by Burt Sexual, an average of 7.23 posts per day, since registering on 27 Jan 2006

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Bitch

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

way to own him. You sure did look at his profile

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Salt Fish posted:

What are my bitcoiins worth now?

depends, do you want to spend them as bitcoins or real money?

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I hate you all

*replies to you all eight times a day*

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I knew without looking that this had to irk you because you post even more.

How is BTC 8600$ still?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Sickening posted:

I knew without looking that this had to irk you because you post even more.

How is BTC 8600$ still?

wasn't it like $20,000 like a month ago?

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

wasn't it like $20,000 like a month ago?

This is FUD!!! Number go UP NOT DOWN.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Why not all your savings? Hedging your bets?
Still doubting bitcoin is a sure thing?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

wid posted:

Why not all your savings? Hedging your bets?

I have more than enough bitcoin already, I’m not a greedy person. A few million in 2020 is fine for me. If I take more resources than I should (and trust me I have taken enough) then other people will have problem joining Bitcoin revolution.

The more people join Bitcoin, the better for us all, as a society. I try to make blind goons see, but it’s for naught - they’d rather have “lulz” instead of becoming rich. But one can’t help people against their will (see Richard Lowtax Kyanka’s case)

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

wid posted:

Yep

wid
Sep 7, 2005

I have more than enough bitcoin already, I’m not a greedy person. A few million in 2020 is fine for me. If I take more resources than I should (and trust me I have taken enough) then other people will have problem joining Bitcoin revolution.

The more people join Bitcoin, the better for us all, as a society. I try to make blind goons see, but it’s for naught - they’d rather have “lulz” instead of becoming rich. But one can’t help people against their will (see Richard Lowtax Kyanka’s case)

Lol you're a terrible titan of industry trying to "help" nocoiners into becoming believers. Why not keep all the money to yourself. In 2020 when it's worth millions they would have no choice but to adopt anyway so why not you buy now while it's cheap.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

wid posted:

Lol you're a terrible titan of industry trying to "help" nocoiners into becoming believers. Why not keep all the money to yourself. In 2020 when it's worth millions they would have no choice but to adopt anyway so why not you buy now while it's cheap.

I’m no Titan of industry, I believe in crypto’s power to change the world - the problems with the exchanges and the tech will eventually be solved - we are at Crypto Alpha release 0.01b. I could put 100% of my paycheck towards it, but trust me I already have more than enough and I will be able to retire in 2020 based on my crypto earnings alone

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
look at how woefully inadequate visas power usage is. they need to harness blockchain

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

I’m no Titan of industry, I believe in crypto’s power to change the world - the problems with the exchanges and the tech will eventually be solved - we are at Crypto Alpha release 0.01b. I could put 100% of my paycheck towards it, but trust me I already have more than enough and I will be able to retire in 2020 based on my crypto earnings alone

Your crypto's exposed. It'll always be in danger unless it is safely and securely stored up my rear end.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Not everything you don't like is a scam

I think a huge problem in this space is everyone calling the coin/token competing with the one they are invested in a "scam".

All this does is hurt the general image of crypto making it seem like theres tons of scams in the space.

Of course, there are scams in the space, but most of the top 100 coins that get called scams are not scams.

This is an incredibly exciting new space with huge potential and interesting challenges that has captured the attention of thousands of developers around the world. There are lots of people that want to see what they can do with this new technology. We have no idea which coin or token will really be adopted one day, or which one will successfully scale to the number of transactions per second needed to support global adoption.

Calling other coins scams because you want people to invest in your coin instead first of all doesnt work and second of all is bad for everyone.

Focus on the good things that the devs of your coin of interest are doing instead.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

https://twitter.com/Socal_crypto/status/976855497537130498

but wait, there's more. there's an entire thread

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

who cares?

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

you better because this is the only bed time story i'm reading you

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Uranium 235 posted:

you better because this is the only bed time story i'm reading you

but MOM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wid
Sep 7, 2005

No you don't. You're betting what the price will at 2020 and putting your retirement at it. If you put in twice as much now, then even at 2020 if the price is only half you'd still be able to retire.