Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

How can a fella get that sick Yakuza gang tag? I bought and finished Zero over Christmas and have spent the last 3 months acquiring and beating every other game in the main series to catch up for 6 next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Neodoomium posted:

How can a fella get that sick Yakuza gang tag? I bought and finished Zero over Christmas and have spent the last 3 months acquiring and beating every other game in the main series to catch up for 6 next month.

Ask Video Games, in the PS4 thread is your best bet. Or add it yourself if you want to buy a new avatar while you're at it I guess?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

In the Yakuza 6 demo, is there anything to do once you get to the part where it says you can't continue the story in the trial mode? (I have the legit trial mode and not the broken full game one)

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

You can keep doing the gym side missions and beat up random toughs to level up.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Truth be told, I’m bummed the demo doesn’t include Club SEGA. Or at least the location with Puyo Puyo and VF5.

It has Mahjong and Karaoke though.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I wish they'd let you go inside because the demo lets you start a substory but locks the resolution to it inside.

Even if the games didn't work, let me finish that substory!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Neodoomium posted:

I wish they'd let you go inside because the demo lets you start a substory but locks the resolution to it inside.

Even if the games didn't work, let me finish that substory!

Uhhhhh, if it’s the substory I’m thinking about...

I think you’re gonna be down 50,000 yen if you do try to resolve it.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

widespread posted:

Do we learn a life lesson along the way? That's priceless.

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

"What?! I'm not tangled up like this for fun, you know!"
https://twitter.com/g00dguy23/status/977673607471083521

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i want to inject yakuza 6 directly into my veins right the gently caress now

i've got cold sweats, just give it to me

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

widespread posted:

That's fine, I'll just get that money out of the roving gangs of young toughs

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hello friends I am playing Yakuza 0 and assume I can talk about it here.

If I'm going to try to plat it can I do everything outside of legendary difficulty on my first playthrough?

Can I get locked out of stuff if I don't do it before a certain point?

Thank you, friends.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Heavy Metal posted:

Do we learn a life lesson along the way? That's priceless.

If there was a life lesson to be learned here it's "don't tell an arena full of people your uncle is a yakuza". All you're really doing here is making a Haruka fan happy.

Edit: Oh, and also idols themselves are like music itself: There's fans of all kinds.

Neodoomium posted:

That's fine, I'll just get that money out of the roving gangs of young toughs

Hi yes I'd like a few bronze plates please *WHACK*

widespread fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 25, 2018

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

IcePhoenix posted:

Hello friends I am playing Yakuza 0 and assume I can talk about it here.

If I'm going to try to plat it can I do everything outside of legendary difficulty on my first playthrough?

Thank you, friends.

There are eight missable trophies in Yakuza 0, all of which are related to specific actions you have to perform in certain chapters. If you want to avoid spoilers you can just get them on the second go around for legend. You should probably get a guide for them at that point though.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

IcePhoenix posted:

Those games are an awful slog when you try to grind everything needed for a platinum, but knock yourself out. Everything can be done in one playthrough outside legendary.

IcePhoenix posted:

There are actually a bunch of secret trophies for optional actions during chapters you can miss if you don't know about them. I missed quite a few of those myself before I checked a trophy guide.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Policenaut posted:

There are eight missable trophies in Yakuza 0, all of which are related to specific actions you have to perform in certain chapters. If you want to avoid spoilers you can just get them on the second go around for legend. You should probably get a guide for them at that point though.

I'm not super worried about spoilers, the whole reason I got interested in the game was watching someone play it on Twitch. I don't know all of the plot points but I know a healthy amount of them. I did stop watching around chapter eight or nine (e: upon looking stuff up, I had assumed there were ten chapters, so I know some bits of plot farther than eight or nine) though since by that point I decided I was going to get the game.

Saoshyant posted:

Those games are an awful slog when you try to grind everything needed for a platinum, but knock yourself out. Everything can be done in one playthrough outside legendary.

I am all about grinding out minigames and stuff for trophies, my friend.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Mar 25, 2018

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

You can keep doing the gym side missions and beat up random toughs to level up.

Oh word, if that's in the demo... maybe I'll just grind stats until the game is released (and then find out the save transfer doesn't actually work)

Edit: Welp, how was I supposed to know that a specific type of takoyaki appeals to women? Also I have no idea what is considered a breakfast food, I guess I need to read a book or something

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Mar 25, 2018

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
So the thing about the gym side missions is that you have to pay attention to the EXTREME EXACT WORDING of his text versus the description of the item you are buying to try to fill that request. Like when he says to get a plate of high quality beef, if you get a plate of high quality beef that wasn't the exact one he was thinking of you will still fail. I can only recommend trying to match as many keywords as possible to each description. I'd say I got it right maybe 40% of the time at first if I'm being generous. You MUST read the descriptions of the food in restaurants.

e : like, one of the takoyaki descriptions would DEFINITELY say something like "women really love this one!" or whatever.

e 2 : I guess a minor bonus for anyone who gets stuck in Y6 is asking a few of us for advice on missions if you get stuck :toot:

Caitlin fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Mar 25, 2018

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Thanks. I have been to every restaurant in this place and can't figure out what has eggs, vegetables and meat and is served in the morning lol

Edit: Holy poo poo I found the bacon egg and lettuce sandwich, this is the most satisfying feeling right now

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Mar 25, 2018

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Caitlin posted:

So the thing about the gym side missions is that you have to pay attention to the EXTREME EXACT WORDING of his text versus the description of the item you are buying to try to fill that request. Like when he says to get a plate of high quality beef, if you get a plate of high quality beef that wasn't the exact one he was thinking of you will still fail. I can only recommend trying to match as many keywords as possible to each description. I'd say I got it right maybe 40% of the time at first if I'm being generous. You MUST read the descriptions of the food in restaurants.

e : like, one of the takoyaki descriptions would DEFINITELY say something like "women really love this one!" or whatever.

e 2 : I guess a minor bonus for anyone who gets stuck in Y6 is asking a few of us for advice on missions if you get stuck :toot:

they're all fairly straightforward imo but the "high quality beef" one tripped me up too, it's so vague you basically have to guess which item it is

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

they're all fairly straightforward imo but the "high quality beef" one tripped me up too, it's so vague you basically have to guess which item it is

gently caress I just did that one and failed it, the Ribeye has "good mix of red meat and fat" which is the exact wording in his text... but he wanted the sirloin, which is the "perfect mix of red meat and fat"... :negative:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I found a RIZAP guide in Japanese which google translates to a pretty close approximation of the official localisation, matching the key sentences has served me well so far.

http://spwiki.net/ryu6/wikis/103.html

Live Chat is pretty uhhhh (linked for :nws:) https://imgur.com/jRs5b8J

I thought Telephone Club was awkward to play with the wife in the house, shows what I know right!

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Mar 25, 2018

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Let me know when you find a Japanese list of stupid loving fire extinguisher locations, thanks!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Caitlin posted:

Let me know when you find a Japanese list of stupid loving fire extinguisher locations, thanks!

http://spwiki.net/ryu6/wikis/80.html#zaa13851

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Thank you. Also, anyone else who's interested in finishing all sidestories should probably bookmark or otherwise save those because that mission s u c k s.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Really digging Kiwami, lotta fun! Wandering around the city, kicking rear end, taking side quests, good stuff. The side quests usually being quick and in general the quick pace, goes nicely as a follow up to the epic 0. And Majima has been fun so far too.

But this hostess, Rina, she's gotta be the #1 villain. She does not like Kiryu's clothes. Which he picked himself because it's totally rad, and chooses to wear for the rest of his life. I don't feel like that is a reasonable position, if Rina's story goes somewhere I'm just not gonna find out, no thank you Rina, I cast you out! I could give an Anthony Hopkins level speech on this Rina! Outrageous.

(Oh no, if you got to the other hostess club Kiryu says he has to go meet up with Rina instead. I know he's selfless, but no not more Rina, this is his gravest challenge thus far.)

(edit 2: Yui doesn't like his clothes either. No taste in this town, folks!)

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Mar 26, 2018

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Heavy Metal posted:

Really digging Kiwami, lotta fun! Wandering around the city, kicking rear end, taking side quests, good stuff. The side quests usually being quick and in general the quick pace, goes nicely as a follow up to the epic 0. And Majima has been fun so far too.

But this hostess, Rina, she's gotta be the #1 villain. She does not like Kiryu's clothes. Which he picked himself because it's totally rad, and chooses to wear for the rest of his life. I don't feel like that is a reasonable position, if Rina's story goes somewhere I'm just not gonna find out, no thank you Rina, I cast you out! I could give an Anthony Hopkins level speech on this Rina! Outrageous.

(Oh no, if you got to the other hostess club Kiryu says he has to go meet up with Rina instead. I know he's selfless, but no not more Rina, this is his gravest challenge thus far.)

Hint: it’s not his clothes, but other things you can choose from :ssh: check the equipped items, the hostesses like certain things and dislike others

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Heavy Metal posted:

Honestly don't even worry about the clothing or equipment. Answering the questions right and buying the most expensive champagne/the fruit platter halfway through will make the gauge go up a full level every time.

There's not as many questions as the mini-game makes it seem, but to save time I'd just look at a faq. The Kiwami guide on Gamefaqs has a simple chart of each topic and the best answer along with where to meet them later to finish their sub stories.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 26, 2018

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Cool cool, good to know.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Neo Rasa posted:

Honestly don't even worry about the clothing or equipment. Answering the questions right and buying the most expensive champagne/the fruit platter halfway through will make the gauge go up a full level every time.

There's not as many questions as the mini-game makes it seem, but to save time I'd just look at a faq. The Kiwami guide on Gamefaqs has a simple chart of each topic and the best answer along with where to meet them later to finish their sub stories.

And I’m here like “yo that poo poo gets expensive, I’mma just order some OJ and chicken nuggets”.

Said as I somehow rack up nearly a million yen.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Extended cut of the Kiwami 2 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5hYkTD-2as

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

^ Looking good!

I hope this movie is canon and Kiryu gets to rent it in Yakuza 5 or something, sounds crazy

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
it's just a live action human chair

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Do I need to do Mahjong in 0 to get the completionist trophy?

Because holy poo poo I do not understand that game at all.

Shogi makes a modicum of sense to me because it's basically chess so if I have to do that it's no big deal, I can probably beat it eventually. But man, I played a game of Mahjong and was 1000% lost the entire time.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
What's the best Yakuza to start with, assuming I only have a ps4? Quick googling seems to suggest 0.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

What's the best Yakuza to start with, assuming I only have a ps4? Quick googling seems to suggest 0.

Yeah,0's your best bet if you don't have a PS3.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

3rding 0.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Live Chat is pretty uhhhh (linked for :nws:) https://imgur.com/jRs5b8J

I thought Telephone Club was awkward to play with the wife in the house, shows what I know right!

Honestly, I know it's a game, but that minigame made me feel pretty uncomfortable. It's too real and too awkward.

e: I've just learned that the localisation for Kiwami 2 will have the original licensed music. I think this is a first since the PS2 games, right?

CrashScreen fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Mar 27, 2018

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Nthing 0 as the starting point, it doesn’t feel foreign even to series newbies. There are nods to the rest of the series but they’re more Easter eggs than story vital details.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
0 is probably the best spot to start regardless of what system you have. It contains basically every single element that makes the series so great, and definitely feels like it was created with it being an introductory game in mind.

The internet hype last year wasnt a meme, it was a large number of people experiencing Yakuza for the first time and getting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

Yeah I went into 0 completely blind and loved it. I'd advise going 0->Kiwami 1->subscribe to PlayStation now for 4 and 5->6-> And by then kiwami 2 should be out!