Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I'd prefer not to spend money, but if they talk of IA at Adepticon, I'm hoping we get some grunt style infantry.

Clawtopsy posted:

e: plus, Yu Jing stands to lose 1/2 of their remaining characters, thanks to backdoor.

Sudden reveal of Sun Tze as Oda Nobunaga all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Pierzak posted:

Did you know CB is releasing an alternate Warcor-only CSU to celebrate the reimagining of their community ambassadors? :v:

that is truly a psychotic storm

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Flipswitch posted:

Zoe is updating that today too.

:thunk:

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Flipswitch posted:

These 4 sects take a huge royal poo poo on USARF. They look half baked by comparison.

Flip, could you elaborate on that?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Now I will feel a tiny bit awkward in saying I'm starting Infinity with the JSA pre-order box. Having no attachment to anything before aside from being an interested observer and enjoying the weeb aesthetic, it seemed like a decent way to jump on.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

dexefiend posted:

Flip, could you elaborate on that?
Look at the (number of) options in USARiadna and the relative level of how good that sect is to the new ones.

e: also, anyone know much about Hasht? has he even changed? still looks shite.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 23, 2018

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

No! Your advice is incredibly useful. At the moment my experience level is about 4 games. I've got a vague idea of the concepts behind list building, but not how to apply them yet. You're helping a lot.

Comedy Su Jian
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

9 4
SÙ-JIÀN Spitfire, Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 59)
CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
CELESTIAL GUARD Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
KUANG SHI Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
SOPHOTECT Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 31)
CELESTIAL GUARD Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)

2.5 SWC | 149 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Revised Su Jian to include a Sophotect. I suppose I could swap out the combi Celestial for a baggage rem and Yudbot.

I'm thinking of running this or the MSV list for Annihilation/Frontline and Kanren for Seize the Antennas. What are your thoughts? I'm also tempted to use the list you wrote out, adapted to 1st release recon rules, but I think I'll learn more by using my list with advice than just taking one.

I think taking the remotes in lieu of the combi CG isn't a bad idea here, but that's also somewhat personal preference on my part. I habitually take helper bots with my docs and engineers if I can swing it. Of the two, I'd pick the MSV list, but those are units that I'm familiar with, and that's definitely biasing my choice. If your TO will let you get away with running three lists, at this point there's not a lot of harm in just sampling stuff. I would absolutely believe charging the Su Jian up into somebody's grill is gonna be a lot of fun, if nothing else.

Building your own lists and making goofy mistakes is definitely a huge part of learning the game. You've come up with something that's more than just a TAG and an LT, so you're doing better than a lot of folks new to the game.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I think it's fair to say that one of Yu Jing's core identities (beyond the +1 CC that's basically worthless) is a wide variety of HI. You have an HI for every occasion with much more flexibility than the options available to Pan O (most of the knights are just combi + panzerfaust for example). If you'd describe Pan-O as the faction with the highest tech toys, you'd have to describe Yu Jing as having very nearly all of the highest tech toys without sacrificing low tech tactics like normal smoke and camo. Which makes sense for the second most dominate hyper-power. You still have ninjas which are great at CC when they do Hassassin impressions. However, the best close combat in the game are impersonator units, in my opinion, and Yu Jing never had any. It's hard for me to see them as the close combat faction before these changes but still, losing Raiden sucks because of how good it's profile is.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'd say it's closer to the quantity of CC units (mostly JSA) rather than the individuals that stick out. Agreed on loss of Raiden.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Mar 23, 2018

Acceptableloss
May 2, 2011

Numerous, effective and tenacious: We must remember to hire them next time....oh, nevermind.

Sleepyjacked posted:

Not entirely true. They need to be run in a Duo with Miranda Ashcroft to benefit from the regular orders. They are a "Miranda Ashcroft Hunting Party."
Other Bounty Hunters are still irregular.

If you try taking just one "Regular Order" Bounty Hunter, and no Ashcroft, the list won't be approved as ITS legal.

Thank you for this.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

My eyesight is getting bad in my old age, does Kiss even have eyes? I can't loving tell on this model.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Dawgstar posted:

Now I will feel a tiny bit awkward in saying I'm starting Infinity with the JSA pre-order box. Having no attachment to anything before aside from being an interested observer and enjoying the weeb aesthetic, it seemed like a decent way to jump on.

Yeah, go for it!

The new JSA box seems like one of the more solid army boxes of late, likely as it's a 'new' faction so they're not trying to fit it in around starter boxes.

They'll be a little tough to play most likely - close combat is a tough call in this game, even with some tricks to advance. But there's some decent ranged stuff in there (multi marksman rifle heck yeah), and it's going to give you a nice place to build from.

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn
How would I deal with a well placed HMG Intruder in Recon with the lists I posted? Just have to make sure to catch him from outside suppressive fire range?

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

How would I deal with a well placed HMG Intruder in Recon with the lists I posted? Just have to make sure to catch him from outside suppressive fire range?

Chain Rifle, preferably from around a corner. Or use Susan's insane 8in cautious movement to dip behind him and shove a flamethrower up his rear end.

I think change facing breaks suppression?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

Flipswitch posted:

My eyesight is getting bad in my old age, does Kiss even have eyes? I can't loving tell on this model.

IMO, Infinity models don't have eyes, so I don't have to paint them

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Played in the tourney I mentioned, missions were; Show of Force, Looting and Sabotaging, and Firefight. 75 points of Mercs allowed, Tohaa took the top spot, a few fun gimmick lists made an appearance (notably four Xeodrons).

I took these and came 3rd last.

That Paramedic Zuyong should be a Tiger Soldier. :/

Had been practicing with Domaru and Aragato supported by Hsien's but no one mixes anything but ninjas so what ya gonna do?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I think you'll find nobody used Aragato and Domaru, so why must you tell us these lies?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I would never claim I used them well but I was loving excited to have an army that was mostly 6-4 or better.

RIP my Tokusetsu, too.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Our statistics show that nobody used these models and you are very salty at their loss, have you considered buying the new JAPANESE SECESSIONIST ARMY to continue using these models you never used?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Yeah baby, lifestyle market me harder.

IKARI actually look fun, Wu Ming link, Tanko Harris (Using Domaru stand ins) and maybe bounty hunter duo in one combat group.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

I think you'll find nobody used Aragato and Domaru, so why must you tell us these lies?
the tournament report i just wrote up (that happened like two weeks ago) did in JSA

https://www.thebattlefields.co.uk/the-battlefields-blog/infinity-firestorm-spring-skirmish-tournament-report
enjoy my lovely writing ability folks!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Also, Adepticon Seminar, new Magisters and de Fersen look pretty baller.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Hakim sculpt looks rad, but I am intensely curious about just what will differentiate it from Haqq's multitude of other doctor options besides sectorial AVA, SMG profile, and possibly that rebreather setup it has. Also new Rasyat sculpt! :toot:

Overall I like it but wish they had said more about what's coming after Tunguska.

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn
Where are you fuckers seeing this?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

There was a live feed on Riotggrl's FB page, but I can't be bothered to spend 90 min watching it, I'll just watch the pics later

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Hakim are Tomcat equivalents and The Hollow Men look loving awesome.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Flipswitch posted:

Hakim are Tomcat equivalents and The Hollow Men look loving awesome.

So...airbourne infilitration? They don't seem to have jetpacks though :thunk:

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
I'm most excited for the Celestial Guard heavy weapon box that was spoken about in the Q&A. :D

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Hahaha, CB totally went with the "see, according to our stats vanilla yu Jing players totally didn't use many jsa units, so we are totally justified in taking them away!"

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Khisanth Magus posted:

Hahaha, CB totally went with the "see, according to our stats vanilla yu Jing players totally didn't use many jsa units, so we are totally justified in taking them away!"

This entire thing is just such a tire fire.

Like, if you were going to nuke a Sectorial entirely off of a faction (with only two Sectorials) this is probably the worst way to have gone about it.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

MJ12 posted:

This entire thing is just such a tire fire.

Like, if you were going to nuke a Sectorial entirely off of a faction (with only two Sectorials) this is probably the worst way to have gone about it.

What would be a better way?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

was there any news at the con or was it more of "Buy the Japanese Secessionist Army (TM)!"

Not a viking posted:

by being communicative with the part of the player base that is upset and not getting your pr guy to go "haha, yu jing tears"

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i liked how invincible army wont be until after gencon

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Not a viking posted:

Do it at the same time they're getting new toys to fill that niche first off.

I think the Exrah being turfed worked out better because you got Onyx forces around then and the promise of am Onyx sectoral alongside some pretty significant revisions to the game.

So set up your dumb secession event ahead of time alongside a new YJ sectoral.

Or cut out JSA but have some of the Japanese units still in YJ with lower AVA. This also makes your scenario more of an acdual civil war, which is cooler, and softens the blow to the people who had a handful of JSA units to support their vanilla army.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Why not make a limited AVA of 2 of across all Japanese units in a vanilla force as 'loyalists', and remove access to named characters?

That way, Yu Jing players can continue to not use those units, despite using them frequently.

Except Neko and Domaru. I never really used those.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

MJ12 posted:

Do it at the same time they're getting new toys to fill that niche first off.

I think the Exrah being turfed worked out better because you got Onyx forces around then and the promise of am Onyx sectoral alongside some pretty significant revisions to the game.
Exrah were removed for N3 and Onyx wasn't until HSN3. Shasvastii are still waiting N3 treatment. We did get replacement units immediately though with Umbra, Maakrep, Fraacta and Rodoks. As well as Unidudes. Civil war idea is cool though.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Mar 25, 2018

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Tunguska look sweet, the Hollow Men look sorta distended, guess they'll be Su Jian style HI? Warsen.al peeps is I guess a good joke for those dudes.

Interesting to see what the BoW campaign is then, since they did the JSA uprising as authorial fiat.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

Why not make a limited AVA of 2 of across all Japanese units in a vanilla force as 'loyalists', and remove access to named characters?

That way, Yu Jing players can continue to not use those units, despite using them frequently.

Except Neko and Domaru. I never really used those.

Yeah when I heard about the Uprising I figured that it would be like, an actual huge quagmire that YJ was stuck in rather than 'oh yeah and now Japan is its own hostile nation next to Space China, we just fiated this, good luck.' Like, a big conflict zone that everyone is intervening in for some reason. PanO for Obvious Reasons, the Nomads to weaken ALEPH and/or fight for Freedom and/or fight for money, ALEPH because it really doesn't want this kind of poo poo to happen in O-12, maybe Yu Jing hires Ariadnan mercenaries or whatever in exchange for supporting them against PanO megacorps, etc etc.

And then you fundamentally have like, the people who might not like the StateEmpire but think that the secessionist forces might be worse, and the Secessionist forces.

That's a setup for an interesting campaign background to set tons of covert ops stuff in. Doubly so for the RPG.

Rather than "oh yeah this happened and now Yu Jing no longer has any control over Japan." And that implied to me that Yu Jing would still have Japanese units, just fewer of them, and possibly they'd be limited to like, the more 'elite' Japanese choices (i.e. the guys who are treated better than expendable conscripts) because the expendable conscripts basically all decided 'lol gently caress this I don't wanna be that expendable.'

E: Personally I'd have introduced like, a "Loyalist Forces of Japan" Sectorial at the same time the JSA moved out into a Non Aligned Army, which is like, limited Japanese forces commanded by Chinese military commanders. Some bits of ISS (because they're not Trustworthy) and Chinese line troops backed up by select Japanese forces with somewhat more limited AVA than the JSA. Especially things like the Karakuris and whatnot, which are literally robots.

MJ12 fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 25, 2018

Bear Throne
Apr 9, 2014
A collection of pics from the seminar for those who haven't seen them: https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/place-sectoral-bets-now.3513/page-4#post-51506

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cassa posted:

Tunguska look sweet, the Hollow Men look sorta distended, guess they'll be Su Jian style HI? Warsen.al peeps is I guess a good joke for those dudes.

Interesting to see what the BoW campaign is then, since they did the JSA uprising as authorial fiat.

They're artificial bodies and quite literally brains in jars. It's a really cool bit of fluff.

• Locked thread