Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

site posted:

Semi-related but I appreciated the kid having a cap doll in JJ s2, doubly so if it takes place after civil war

I bet in the MCU, there are a lot of regular people who think Cap was right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Open Marriage Night posted:

Antman and Starlord in the same room would be pretty great.

Oddly enough, even though Chris Pratt and Paul Rudd played the same basic character on Parks and Recreation (lovable idiot manchild), I'm pretty sure they never shared a scene at any point.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

site posted:

Semi-related but I appreciated the kid having a cap doll in JJ s2, doubly so if it takes place after civil war

Well the kid had lost the dolls shield, and had to make a new one, so...

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

twistedmentat posted:

I bet in the MCU, there are a lot of regular people who think Cap was right.

There are thousands of people here in the real world who proudly display confederate flags, 100% there are going to be people out there on Cap’s side

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
"It's just the liberal media trying to tarnish the reputation of an American patriot, just because he refuses to be the UN's bitch. More like the JewN!"

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Retro Futurist posted:

There are thousands of people here in the real world who proudly display confederate flags, 100% there are going to be people out there on Cap’s side

Sir, are you implying that Cap was wrong and his supporters are ignorant fools? Because bruh

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

SonicRulez posted:

Sir, are you implying that Cap was wrong and his supporters are ignorant fools? Because bruh
I think this is a mix of "Cap's argument would likely not persuade every single live person in the MCU, between its flaws when not accepted as part of a dramatic story vs. a public policy agenda" and "even if Cap's argument wasn't widely accepted, SOME people would totally do so - people still wave the rebel flag!"

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
What do people think is the best comic book movie that's not based on a superhero comic?

My vote is Road To Perdition.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I dunno about best, but the one that first comes to mind for me is A History of Violence.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
uh clearly its tmnt

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I dunno about best but Scott Pilgrim is up there. Elevated of course by Chris Evans.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

I dunno about best but Scott Pilgrim is up there. Elevated of course by Chris Evans Brandon Routh.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I dunno about best but Scott Pilgrim is up there. Elevated of course by Chris Evans Brandon Routh. Kieran Culking

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I mostly liked Scott Pilgrim but a lot of it was too twee for me.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Cap was right :colbert:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Wheat Loaf posted:

What do people think is the best comic book movie that's not based on a superhero comic?

That actually is my favorite comic book movie

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Wasn't there a rumor that Hawkeye was becoming Ronin in Infinity War? Would explain his lack of appearance on the posters.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Samuringa posted:

That actually is my favorite comic book movie

As a BSS bonus, it co-stars Superman from when he truly was tiny in it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Little Mac posted:

Wasn't there a rumor that Hawkeye was becoming Ronin in Infinity War? Would explain his lack of appearance on the posters.

Yes, he’s been photographed in the costume. I think we’re all just kind of pretending we don’t know that outside of spoiler tags.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

site posted:

uh clearly its tmnt

Absolutely this, yes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Aphrodite posted:

Yes, he’s been photographed in the costume. I think we’re all just kind of pretending we don’t know that outside of spoiler tags.
Could also be misdirection, like when they had Michael Rooker on the set of another movie

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Are the turtles not considered superheroes? What's the distinction?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

SonicRulez posted:

Are the turtles not considered superheroes? What's the distinction?

they don't have superpowers because they're mutants. they just happen be both mutated and ninjas.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Soul Glo posted:

they don't have superpowers because they're mutants. they just happen be both mutated and ninjas.

Uh, Raphael is cool AND rude. No one can be both so he clearly has super powers.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Wheat Loaf posted:

persepolis

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i retract tmnt and put forth for consideration josie and the pussycats

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

site posted:

i retract tmnt and put forth for consideration josie and the pussycats

Who do I have to kill to have this released on blu ray already?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
If we're ruling out Ninja Turtles, the correct answers are Oldboy and Cemetery Man.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Watched I Kill Giants. It was good, though a little bit on the nose, but Madison Wolfe's acting made the movie for me.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Wheat Loaf posted:

Dick Tracy

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Captain marvel started production today

https://twitter.com/CBR/status/978322785062699008?s=19

quote:

The story follows Carol Danvers as she becomes one of the universe’s most powerful heroes when Earth is caught in the middle of a galactic war between two alien races

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Captain Marvel production press release has some pretty big surprises, though I guess they make sense given the period setting and Kree focus of the plot.

quote:

The film stars Academy Award® winner Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Djimon Hounsou, Lee Pace, Lashana Lynch, Gemma Chan, Algenis Perez Soto, Rune Temte, McKenna Grace, with Clark Gregg, and Jude Law.

Never heard of Soto, Temte, or Grace before, and no idea who they might be playing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're a bit late announcing it, it started a week ago. There's been photos of Jude Law and Brie Larson on set (in the green costume still.)

Oh, and since I don't think we ever discussed it, turns out the reason Larson filmed those earlier scenes where we first saw the costume is basically a tax scam. So she's probably not appearing in Infinity War in costume.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Barry Convex posted:

Captain Marvel production press release has some pretty big surprises, though I guess they make sense given the period setting and Kree focus of the plot.

Never heard of Soto, Temte, or Grace before, and no idea who they might be playing.

McKenna Grace was in Gifted with Chris Evans last year. She's a very good young actress so maybe she's playing young Carol.

As a reinvigorated AoS fan I am hype for Agent Coulson.

Also Lee Pace whaaaaaaaaaat.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

Rhyno posted:

McKenna Grace was in Gifted with Chris Evans last year. She's a very good young actress so maybe she's playing young Carol.

As a reinvigorated AoS fan I am hype for Agent Coulson.

Also Lee Pace whaaaaaaaaaat.

Yesssss, I'm so hyped for Coulson to return to the movies, even if it takes place before most of the MCU. The casting of Lee Pace and Djimon Hounsou means that we're getting Ronan the Accuser and Korath again, right?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Jonny_Rocket posted:

Yesssss, I'm so hyped for Coulson to return to the movies, even if it takes place before most of the MCU. The casting of Lee Pace and Djimon Hounsou means that we're getting Ronan the Accuser and Korath again, right?

Almost definitely, since the Kree are definitely in it and it takes place before GotG. I’m hyped as poo poo, I liked those two a lot in GotG and was disappointed they were killed off.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
But is her call sign Cheeseburger?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jonny_Rocket posted:

Korath was great despite being in like 12 minutes of GotG. I hope he and Ronan are just kind of stumbling around 90's Earth getting into shenanigans.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Aphrodite posted:

Oh, and since I don't think we ever discussed it, turns out the reason Larson filmed those earlier scenes where we first saw the costume is basically a tax scam. So she's probably not appearing in Infinity War in costume.

Okay I want more details on this

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Almost definitely, since the Kree are definitely in it and it takes place before GotG. I’m hyped as poo poo, I liked those two a lot in GotG and was disappointed they were killed off.

Yeah tbh I was always disappointed with how Hounsou basically had nothing to do that whole movie, such a waste of a good actor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Fantastic! I'm even more hyped about this movie now with those two returning, as I was also a big fan of both in the original Guardians.

• Locked thread