Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Nuns with Guns posted:

Since we're talking about terrible comics, holy poo poo in Strong Female Protagonist the main character just called the many coping mechanisms a guy built up in his psyche due to parental abuse "childish", smashed through all of them without his consent, and seems to be in the right about all of this being a good quick fix.

I can't believe what a new low point this is for a comic that before this couldn't decide if there was a problem with indiscriminate murder so long as there was a chance the target was guilty of a major crime, and used very blatant rape language to force a guy to use his powers against his will for the betterment of humanity.

:stare:

The premise of this comic, for anyone not familiar with it, was that an ex-super hero wanted to try and find solutions to worldly problems that didn't involve physical violence.

Every single conflict in the comic has been resolved with physical violence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
It somehow went right past being that Kate Beaton comic into something even worse, and I'm almost impressed.

rose of sharon
Mar 21, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
i love it

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'd like to remind you that this thread is carefully-labelled as a Clevin-free zone.

(That said, even I can't really defend where SFP is going right now. But we don't have to talk about it here!)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I decided to check up on the SGR Facebook page, and it turns out there's a bevy of new information!

First off, the current storyline is part 2 of a three-part arc. Not super big news. Also, turns out that Mrs. Lord is the new headmistress (but I suppose that wasn't really a shock).

Secondly, Allison found scripts & a plot for an unpublished minicomic from about 4 years ago that he's revamping. In an unusual twist, it was a Shelley Winters story but is now featured Shauna Wickle.

Thirdly, another ongoing comic set in the SGR Universe (but apparently far away from Tackleford & its cast) is coming out from Boom! with art by Christine Larson, called By Night.

Fourth, Giant Days is getting adapted as a YA novel!

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Rand Brittain posted:

I'd like to remind you that this thread is carefully-labelled as a Clevin-free zone.

(That said, even I can't really defend where SFP is going right now. But we don't have to talk about it here!)

I'm sorry for wildly derailing the webcomic thread in the middle of QC chat. Feel free to keep going with it until someone posts their Jeff Jacques snuff fic or whatever.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Agony In Pink or bust.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

Agony In Pink or bust.

Oh please, like anyone but us remember that old man.

That's from like, usenet days. Get with the times it's all about

gently caress there are so many out dated horrorbad fanfics since 1994

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Old woman!

Closer to on thread topic, I have to wonder how many people remember Dudley's Dungeon.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

PMush Perfect posted:

Agony In Pink or bust.

Ugh, seeing that title again reminded me of that one dude who rolled into the minecraft thread here forever ago and casually started talking about his fairy torture fanfics and was confused why everybody kept calling him a hosed up weirdo

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wrist Watch posted:

Ugh, seeing that title again reminded me of that one dude who rolled into the minecraft thread here forever ago and casually started talking about his fairy torture fanfics and was confused why everybody kept calling him a hosed up weirdo

oh god i remember that poo poo

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

You haven't truly lived until someone's let their violent, obsessive hatred of Mokey Fraggle interrupt your semi-relevant conversation.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Rand Brittain posted:

You haven't truly lived until someone's let their violent, obsessive hatred of Mokey Fraggle interrupt your semi-relevant conversation.

wait how can anyone hate Mokey, she's wonderful

all fraggles are wonderful

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Mors Rattus posted:

wait how can anyone hate Mokey, she's wonderful

all fraggles are wonderful

He didn't really explain. Well, he explained the details of his violent sex fantasies, but not so much the why.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

That's weird and bad.

I've been rewatching the Fraggles lately with my girlfriend and it's just, it's the best? This show is the best. It remains heartfelt and relevant and modern.

And extremely Canadian, in the American broadcast.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

So turns out I bookmarked that post, if anyone else was unfamiliar/curious: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3383735&pagenumber=456&perpage=40#post392676421

I linked to a few posts above it just to highlight how out of loving nowhere it was

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Wrist Watch posted:

So turns out I bookmarked that post, if anyone else was unfamiliar/curious: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3383735&pagenumber=456&perpage=40#post392676421

I linked to a few posts above it just to highlight how out of loving nowhere it was

Man, I really need to get archives/platinum someday.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wrist Watch posted:

Holy poo poo

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

neogeo0823 posted:

Man, I really need to get archives/platinum someday.

Here you go

OddOne posted:

Thanks to NOW, I now have a glass-block chamber full of about twenty fairies. Since I literally wrote the book on how to torment fairies, I've been performing various experiments on them. But, alas, I have more of them than experiments given Minecraft's limited toolset in that area, so I'm open to suggestions on what to do with the survivors, ahem, remainder.

I can say that they despawn when out-of-sight unless given a headband of flowers, stay spawned if headbanded as long as you stay within the 81-block mob management radius of Minrcraft, and make a lot of very annoying noises when in close proximity. Also, setting the queen on fire and letting her die that way makes it far easier to capture her flock of groupies.

Finally, I found that replacing fairies' pain and death sounds with actual scream sounds makes for a far creepier experience when, say, setting them on fire with a flint and steel. (If anyone wants those I might bundle 'em for download.)

I've head tell that some consider me heartless. Not sure where they get that idea... :D

"wrote the book on how to torment fairies" has a hotlink on it, but it's a 404 because the guy broke it after people started making fun of him.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

There's a pastebin mirror of it on the next page: http://pastebin.com/pDr5W7Az

e: :nws: don't actually read anything more than like the "don't like it? don't read it. :smug:" intro unless you hate yourself

Wrist Watch fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Mar 25, 2018

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
don't read it

e: that link should honestly probably have :nms: tags on it

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Mar 25, 2018

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tollymain posted:

don't read it
Alternative: Do read it, get rid of that pesky faith in humanity.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

quote:

It was inspired by a series of posts and pictures relating to fairies that was posted over at Gurochan

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand stopped reading there

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

The SGR Facebook page has updated its cover photo to an image featuring Lottie and The New Kids, and I am loving this new normal.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Wrist Watch posted:

oh this is why everyone was asking me about his guy again

boy let me tell you guys abut the smurfs

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Roach Warehouse posted:

The SGR Facebook page has updated its cover photo to an image featuring Lottie and The New Kids, and I am loving this new normal.

:agreed:

Digging Grendel's Go Kart Conspiracy T-Shirt. I hope that's going to be actual merch.

I just hope this doesn't mean that Mildred & Linton get bumped out of the story again. While is Lottie is my (and everyone's) favourite OG mystery kid, she does have a Shelley-esque way of becoming the centre of attention.

But yeah, good times ahead for SGR fans!

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

How are we not talking about Zebus’s mom and dad?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I got Mokey confused with Mookie and wasn't sure if he wrote torture fanfic ot was the subject of torture fanfic. Either one would fit.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

woah poppy

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Dabir posted:

woah poppy

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Zero_Tactility posted:

In Poppy, I feel like Petunia looking and acting more and more like an Asura's Wrath boss over the course of this scene bodes poorly for her.

I was not expecting this to actually go full Asura's Wrath.

Edit: It is rad as hell, though.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the filename is pretty choice

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zero_Tactility posted:

I was not expecting this to actually go full Asura's Wrath.

Edit: It is rad as hell, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlY2_Hx2pDc

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

KirbyPoppy's loving Pissed

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Honest question does anyone know what's happening in Poppy? I can't tell if this is a vision of the primordial history of the world (that Petunia seems to be standing on a tree branch concerns me) or just Poppy radiating hella dragonpower that Petunia's picking up as some Asura's Wrath cutscene imagery.

Or if Petunia's having some kind of flashback.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i think poppy's some kind of secret possum god who doesn't know it yet or something
i had a theory once been it's been so long since i read through i've forgotten it

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Joe Slowboat posted:

Honest question does anyone know what's happening in Poppy? I can't tell if this is a vision of the primordial history of the world (that Petunia seems to be standing on a tree branch concerns me) or just Poppy radiating hella dragonpower that Petunia's picking up as some Asura's Wrath cutscene imagery.

Or if Petunia's having some kind of flashback.

Poppy's putting out massive "You're hosed" vibes.

AriadneThread posted:

i think poppy's some kind of secret possum god who doesn't know it yet or something
i had a theory once been it's been so long since i read through i've forgotten it

Something like that, yeah.

That's probably supposed to be Didelphi in the background of todays update.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

She's putting out such strong anti-magic waves that she snuffed out that candle.

The woman who was a higher rank in the secret organization that Friedrich works for implied that she has potential to become something great ("Iron Matron Candidate 53"), so there's probably some of that mixed in there, too.

http://www.poppy-opossum.com/comic/friedrich-intermission-page-7/

(She says Poppy has IMS, which I assumed to be 'Iron Matron Syndrome')

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Apparently Kate Beaton got married. That's nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Bobulus posted:

She's putting out such strong anti-magic waves that she snuffed out that candle.

Was that one of the year-candles she's tracking her lifespan with?