Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Cynical Poisoning is worse than irony Poisoning

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Was gow ever good aside from graphics? No
Will the new one be better than the old one because its not qte spam anymore? Probably
Will playing it still be really embarassing? Totally
Am i gonna get it for the graphics? Ya

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
why does new god of war have third person shooter camera, that looks terrible to play.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
God of War 2 was legit Really Really Good. I replayed it not long ago. 3 and whatever the one or two after 3 were Real Bad. The new one looks like it'll be Okay.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

What happended to children in video games being universally despised
I always got the impression that for a long time kids were deliberately designed to be annoying as some kind of weird edgy "gently caress kids" statement. then there are the games with bratty protagonists, as a half hearted attempt to connect with young audiences or something. what changed is that people got better at writing kids you don't want to abandon in the woods and also the average age of game protagonists increased.

GoW kid seems fine IMO but putting him in that game makes it seem like its really confused about what kind of game it wants to be

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

Cynical Poisoning is worse than irony Poisoning

Gears of War, and all Sony first party releases (except for team ico stuff) have been trash for like. 15 years

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hell gears of war god of war whats the difference.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

gears of war is a lot better than god of war, IMO

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

gears of war is a lot better than god of war, IMO

I can agree with this, chainsawing people in deathmatch is cool. But it's popularity also permanently crippled shooter level design, and we have yet to escape the hell of rooms full of waist high concrete cover

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

In Training posted:

Gears of War, and all Sony first party releases (except for team ico stuff) have been trash for like. 15 years
bloodborne and tokyo jungle are good, i think

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

everybody's golf is good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gears is hot trash. No gears game is as good as binary domain and they had 5 tries and unlimited money

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i thought bloodborne was from, but developed on an exclusive license

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bloodborne and demons souls are the ones people point to first but they don't count.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
they were published by sony so they technically are but i see why they wouldn't

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

In Training posted:

siren: blood curse owned though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish the siren people kept making horror games instead of focusing on gravity rush

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I like Gears of War because of how the giant locust that runs fast walks like an big idiot.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tlg is the best game on ps4 thats not a yakuza

H8ers vacate

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Mar 25, 2018

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I bought the last guardian on sale, if its not a good first party game then I wasted ten freakin dollars

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

I bought the last guardian on sale, if its not a good first party game then I wasted ten freakin dollars

I love last guardian

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I really want to make a highlight reel of every moment in a video game where you come up to a crevasse and have to straddle your way through. Bonus points if the game has something try to grab you while you're in there.

Raxivace posted:

For me the issue tend to be movies that are over 2 hours long but under 3 hours. When movies commit to being 3 hours or longer, there's usually good enough pacing to not make the film it feel like its dragging, at least to me. Stuff in that magic range though tends to feel like it either needed to be edited down more or expanded upon to breathe more.

So yeah, I might actually like In Training's hypothetical 7 hour cut of Princess Kaguya better.

This tends to be the case. Studios are scared of anything over 3 hours and theaters want to pack as many screenings as possible. The average for the biggest blockbusters of the past decade is about 130 minutes then you sell that sweet directors cut on home video with 16 minutes of extra footage, or the extended cut with Will Ferrell vamping for an additional 30 minutes because his comedy films would be unwatchable without an actual editor.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

I love last guardian
I can't wait to love it... tomorrow. until then I will dream sweet ueda dreams

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Youll probably hate it at first but trust me. If you get to the end you gonna be a whoopin and a hollerin and feelin real good

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I bought alienation at the same time (for $4 after coupon!!) and ended up playing that for most of the day. its definitely not housemarque's best game but their take on diablo is kind of cool and its definitely a hell of a lot better than dead nation was

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

homeless snail posted:

I bought alienation at the same time (for $4 after coupon!!) and ended up playing that for most of the day. its definitely not housemarque's best game but their take on diablo is kind of cool and its definitely a hell of a lot better than dead nation was

Oh yeah its pretty fun. Some classes are more fun than others tho

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

thing different, thing bad

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I stopped by ToysRUs and lmao. All those animal crossing amiibos that every place was selling for a few bux each? They're now full price with the liquidation 5% saving.

An entire 4*3 foot section was literally just Mabel. It was amazing.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I don’t normally like to recommend stuff, but if you have a friend to co-op with you should definitely play A Way Out (ideally unspoiled on what happens.)

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

I don’t normally like to recommend stuff, but if you have a friend to co-op with you should definitely play A Way Out (ideally unspoiled on what happens.)

I was actually about to come here and say A Way Out owns super hard and I still love it's dev who was super shitfaced at dorito pope's vidya gaem oscars.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Brothers was really good so that's cool

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

I've been playing a ton of Breath of the Wild lately. It's misleading as hell but I found a cool combat video going around.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Doom Goon posted:

I've been playing a ton of Breath of the Wild lately. It's misleading as hell but I found a cool combat video going around.

Dunno what's so misleading about it, the game can play out like that if you want it too. Its easy for the combat too look amazing, it just quickly stops feeling satisfying because its so drat easy. The basic combat system is good but timed dodges, headshots, and element stuns make it really easy to trivialize everything and sap all the danger out of the game. Its still the Zelda game with the best combat by far, possibly excluding Skyward Sword with motion plus but most people hated that.

If hard mode had changed the combat mechanics it would of been great but all it did was inflate enemy HP. I'm upset that BotW was such an amazing game but the DLC was so mediocre.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The new God of War looks pretty good, but it isn't being developed by Nintendo or a goony Japanese auteur with an rear end fetish so thats an automatic -10 games forum demerit.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

The new God of War looks pretty good, but it isn't being developed by Nintendo or a goony Japanese auteur with an rear end fetish so thats an automatic -10 games forum demerit.

lol

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
It looks cool, but I find Kratos such an uninteresting punk I’m unlikely to get the game. I get enough similar combat vibes from Hellblade so I’m kinda satiated already in the slower deliberate over the shoulder melee action game front

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Nina posted:

It looks cool, but I find Kratos such an uninteresting punk I’m unlikely to get the game.

:same:

Kratos is the worst part of those games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Haven't played a GoW and ain't gonna start now

• Locked thread