Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I'm eating a bag of mr potato: the official snack of the hublot forum of friendship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

it's lunchtime here, so I'm going to re-enact this ad from the Official Chicken Partner of The Hublot Forum of Friendship: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYwf2SBWa5o

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Since leaving Malmo, United is the first club Zlatan has played for where he didn't win the domestic league. :rip:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Wengy posted:

This is bad, Hublot watches are horribly ugly and this is a nice, cozy place

Patek Philippe already sponsors Troll Football, we’re too late for the good stuff

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I haven’t even heard about Hublot but if they support friendship I will definitely check them out.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Xabi posted:

I haven’t even heard about Hublot but if they support friendship I will definitely check them out.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Troy Queef posted:

it's lunchtime here, so I'm going to re-enact this ad from the Official Chicken Partner of The Hublot Forum of Friendship: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYwf2SBWa5o

Football was definitely better when venkys were involved, maybe we can crowdfund a club for them

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
greetings fellow hffers

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
reminder that the pronunciation of hublot is YOU BLOW

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

No footie this weekend, it's bullshit

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Vegetable posted:

No footie this weekend, it's bullshit

I'm watching LFC legends play Bayern Munich legends. It's 4-4 at half time and Fowler scored with his dick.

It's free on the website if anyone wants to see 40 year old men run jog around a bunch and also some cool goals.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
We all love Fowler's penis TBF.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

I'm watching LFC legends play Bayern Munich legends. It's 4-4 at half time and Fowler scored with his dick.

It's free on the website if anyone wants to see 40 year old men run jog around a bunch and also some cool goals.

The best part was Aldo falling over constantly and Macca in hysterics over it.

Also makes me miss Gerrard and Alonso a whole lot. Imagine those two plus Masch with our current attack.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
still wouldn’t win anything

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Ewar Woowar posted:

The best part was ... Imagining Gerrard falling over...
with our current attack.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/25/said-and-done-football-diary-west-ham-fifa

quote:

West Ham, looking to have their beer, Sky TV and VIP “hostess” provision costs met by the taxpayer. “We’re seeking no more than we’re entitled to under the contract - yet we’re being portrayed as the bad guys.”

• The club’s broader message on the contract, under which they pay £2.5m of the £4.75m it costs to host them each year: the public should be more grateful. “Without us, the stadium might have shown little or no return for the taxpayer.”

• Deal architect Boris Johnson’s view on the process in 2012 – during which he negotiated an extra £1m payment from the club if they win the Champions League, in return for a 50% rent cut if they get relegated: “People will understand: It’s my job to get the best possible deal for the taxpayer.”

:thunk:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

cant wait for that sweet £1m when they win the champions league in 1000 years time

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
free stadiums: they're loving shameful

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

i hope it burns down and big jez spends the insurance money on the perverted arts

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
German kicker magazine says that Tuchel is gonna take over Arsenal in the summer

quote:

At FC Bayern he was considered the successor of Jupp Heynckes, but according to kicker information Thomas Tuchel is drawn to London. He is to inherit Arsene Wenger from FC Arsenal.

Thomas Tuchel left the BVB in May 2017 as cup winner. Since then the 44-year-old has dived off the football stage a little, took his time for his upcoming task. He had repeatedly been considered the successor of Jupp Heynckes at FC Bayern.

Last Friday, however, Tuchel told FCB officials that he did not want to become the new coach of the German record champion. He had decided on a club abroad and had already signed there. According to insiders, Tuchel also had talks with those responsible for the series champion PSG.

But Tuchel's new employer in the Premier League is FC Arsenal, according to the English kicker. There the German soccer teacher Arsene Wenger (68), who has been team manager at the Gunners since 1996, will succeed Sven Mislintat (45).

Mislintat has been working for London since 1 December 2017 as head scout, having left his previous club Borussia Dortmund because of trouble with then head coach Tuchel. Mislintat has assured the Arsenal officials that he will always subordinate himself to the club's interests and will always be loyal to his work.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/intligen/startseite/720202/artikel_bayern-absage_tuchel-wechselt-zum-fc-arsenal.html

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
mods rename me The English Kicker

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Everyone involved with that deal should be publically hanged. The original plan that was in the Olympic bid would have cost a fraction

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Wow, that article on Tuchel sounds really definite, maybe they do have a source. I thought he and Mislintat hated each other?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

This is German but it says Tuchel is not going to Arsenal:

https://twitter.com/Ozzywessi/status/977871751114887168

Bild say the same

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

EvilHawk posted:

This is German but it says Tuchel is not going to Arsenal:

https://twitter.com/Ozzywessi/status/977871751114887168

Bild say the same

Yeah this seems to be the consensus now that the story has had a little time to breathe. It’s all a smokescreen to distract from the fact that Wengy will sign a 2 year contract extension.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hopefully Brady and the rest of those cretins fall off a building

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Bape Culture posted:

Hopefully Brady and the rest of those cretins fall off a building

nice misogyny in tyool 2018 :rolleyes:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

fat gay nonce posted:

nice misogyny in tyool 2018 :rolleyes:

Thank u

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
i've forgotten what it is to watch football

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

relegation battle looking interesting

https://twitter.com/TheNinetyTwo_/status/978282888654475264

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
West Ham's run in is brutal.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I reckon it'll be West Brom, Stoke and West Ham

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

supposedly the reason that west brom didn't sack pardew earlier is that their finances are so hosed they couldn't afford to

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

supposedly the reason that west brom didn't sack pardew earlier is that their finances are so hosed they couldn't afford to

Assuming that West Brom had actual humans with eyes and the ability to google search "Alan Pardew managerial record" on staff, they deserve everything get for hiring him.

I am aware of the irony of the point I am making here regarding Mourinho.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Ninpo posted:

I reckon it'll be West Brom, Stoke and West Ham

West brom, stoke, Huddersfield

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Jose posted:

I would assume they gave up on survival a long time ago and are waiting until it's confirmed to avoid paying him off.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
haha west ham

has there ever been another PL team that missed preseason expectations so badly? that newcastle team where the guys got in a fistfight? some leeds team?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

bewbies posted:

haha west ham

has there ever been another PL team that missed preseason expectations so badly? that newcastle team where the guys got in a fistfight? some leeds team?

They're right on my pre-season expectation for them.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

sassassin posted:

They're right on my pre-season expectation for them.

I'm a West Ham supporter, and I think the same. All our signings this year are old, past-it guys with a name. See also many of their signings in recent years.

The only surprise is Arnautovic somehow being our #1 striker these days.

We can stay up, but it'll take some amazing performances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Surprised Brighton aren't on that list, if we fail to get points in our next two home games (Leicester and Huddersfield) it starts to look desperate with Man C, Liverpool, Man U and Tottenham still to play (and away games at Burnley and Palace).

However I think it will be West Brom, Stoke and Saints.

• Locked thread