Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Rhyno posted:

Is there a groove in the metal for it or is it glued on? Could it be removed?

There's a big hole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhDXkKGH6FU&t=41s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Took some outdoor pics of my project NB Miata, but it was a bit too sunny so I’ll have to try again later to get them better. I was just happy to have it complete and clean. Bonus WRX and chickens in the background...

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Like the design and engineering teams got the wires crossed.

Design: put a vent here it will look cool, doesn’t need to be functional plenty of cars have fake vents.
Engineering: there’s a vent here so don’t forget to put an opening in the fender.

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

Olympic Mathlete posted:

That's very likely the most over processed photo I've ever seen.

The cars in it are sweet though. How long you had the Mini?

The show posted the image, so I got nothing on what they did to instagram the poo poo out of it.

I've had the Mini for about five years.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

heffray posted:

It's not even a real vent, just a piece of plastic :(. At some point it might bother me enough to spend $150 on the black version, which is equally fake but less obvious.
Since it's such a small piece, and not very noticeable, you can slightly compromise with paint. You could pull the fake silver vents off, and spray them with Plasti-Dip Metallic Black, or any number of Black colors they make.
Maybe $8 bucks total.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

fingerling posted:

Changed from old Enkeis (17s with stretched tyres, ugh)

to some decent Buddy Clubs in 19s! Was a little worried how these would turn out, but I'm loving them so far. Zero scrubbing, too - amazing!

this is a good sensible motor vehicle, very nice

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

I thought that reflection was a really hosed up hood bra for a second.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

This is a car, can confirm.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I still like having onboard storage. Neither of my cars have smart HUs and upgrading is difficult because of how they are integrated (thanks BOSE). Also since Indiana is still bumfucky data coverage can be a bit spotty.

I've had a lot of luck with Aux/bluetooth adapters for factory radios. Sure, you lose your changer and/or Sat radio, but you really don't need them at that point.

I really kind of want to know how hard it would be to get a Mazdaspeed drivetrain in one of those.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Doable, but just not worth it.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Mazdaspeed6 wagon would've been the perfect vehicle.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

davebo posted:

I'm just over the border in MD so I got the permanent front plates, but I just picked this up on Saturday and already got the windows tinted.

I feel like every photo I take of this thing is a different shade of yellow.

this owns and i'm really glad someone actually bought one because it is the single most interesting thing they've ever done and i hope they continue in this direction if deemed successful

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Elmnt80 posted:

Doable, but just not worth it.

Isn't the rear pan different between the MS6 and the wagon?

Seems like you'd have an easier time swapping the DISI but leaving it FWD.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MikeyTsi posted:

I've had a lot of luck with Aux/bluetooth adapters for factory radios. Sure, you lose your changer and/or Sat radio, but you really don't need them at that point.

I have an aux cable wired into the SAT port. It works great, I just haven't gotten my music sorted. Also MS did something in an update that I've been unable to reverse and the ZUne software crashes whenever I load it up so I have to find another option.

quote:

I really kind of want to know how hard it would be to get a Mazdaspeed drivetrain in one of those.

Several people have done the DISI swap. The floorpan is massively different and it it's more than just cutting and welding the MS6 pan. I think both guys in the uS who were attempting it gave up.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Is the 4wd wagon any different to the 4wd sedan or is it just there are many any available in your market?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

dissss posted:

Is the 4wd wagon any different to the 4wd sedan or is it just there are many any available in your market?

The 4wd Mazda6 wagon was never available in North America.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Cross post from Subaru thread:

So today I traded the project Miata for another FXT straight up. Needed the cam position sensor replaced (did it in the driveway at the dude’s house) and needs a new PS pump and AC belt, both of which he gave me. 2005 FXT Limited 4EAT (only drawback). Has 187k on the odo but only 38k on the OEM Subaru shortblock. Mods include but may not be limited to: full Invidia exhaust, VF48 turbo with Tial 38mm EWG, Grimspeed TMIC/intercooler ducting, IAG top feed fuel rails, TGV deletes, phenolic spacers, DW Injectors, Cobb SF Intake with some sort of silicon inlet, Mishimoto radiator, Raceland Ultimo coilovers, etc. Car was tuned by IAG. Leather is in great shape and there’s absolutely zero rust on the body at all.

Turbo Subaru fleet:

Bonus pic with dog:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
That's awesome.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Cross post from Subaru thread:

Seems nice if you put a better suspension (even stock) on it. Seems like a pretty good mod list until that point.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Larrymer posted:

Seems nice if you put a better suspension (even stock) on it. Seems like a pretty good mod list until that point.

Yeah I wasn’t sure about them either but the ride quality and handling were actually quite good. It’s not slammed, which is a bonus. I think this is the height the car should have been from the factory; I won’t change them because they were on there already.

BlackMK4 posted:

That's awesome.

I hate that this one is faster than my silver one, because the silver one is manual, but the gold one probably has 40hp or more on top of the silver one. The body on this one is also better, which is slightly irritating given the price disparity between the two.

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Mar 21, 2018

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Baby, it's cold outside.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Practicing some light painting.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I have an aux cable wired into the SAT port. It works great, I just haven't gotten my music sorted. Also MS did something in an update that I've been unable to reverse and the ZUne software crashes whenever I load it up so I have to find another option.

Mediamonkey? There was an arms race going for a while where Zune kept putting in changes that would break the software, I'm not sure who "won". Although since Zune hasn't updated in quite a while I'm guessing it'll work provided they were arsed to keep making it work.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MikeyTsi posted:

Mediamonkey? There was an arms race going for a while where Zune kept putting in changes that would break the software, I'm not sure who "won". Although since Zune hasn't updated in quite a while I'm guessing it'll work provided they were arsed to keep making it work.

Oooh, I will give it a shot!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Several people have done the DISI swap. The floorpan is massively different and it it's more than just cutting and welding the MS6 pan. I think both guys in the uS who were attempting it gave up.

Its probably more accurate to say you'd be swapping a wagon shell onto a ms6. I know the rear subframe is different, there are differences in the front suspension, all sheet metal in front of the a pillars is different, floor pan is different and idk what else. Its really a case of same same only different.

Still need to steal the brake calipers and brackets off a speed 6 at some point.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Just got her on Saturday; haven't had a "fun" car in years and feel like I'm a teen again. Kept my Mazda 3 as it's paid off and having a wagon to move stuff and haul the dogs seemed like a good idea in the midst of such a frivolous one. :dance:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Elmnt80 posted:

Its probably more accurate to say you'd be swapping a wagon shell onto a ms6. I know the rear subframe is different, there are differences in the front suspension, all sheet metal in front of the a pillars is different, floor pan is different and idk what else. Its really a case of same same only different.

Still need to steal the brake calipers and brackets off a speed 6 at some point.

The 6 line is pretty strange with how little cross compatibility there is between the trim levels. Like you can't even swap a front door from a hatch to a sedan.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Silver and gold, silver and gold...

Now that the couple little issues have been solved on the new FXT I’ve been choo-chooing all over the place. The decent mod list makes it pretty good to hoon around in even if it’s auto, and it’s nice to have quiet power steering and functional AC again.

Disregard my white trash above-ground pool.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Work/Play

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Please tell me that's not a stock spoiler on the F-Type now?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Option on that sport 400 afaik

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Ville Valo posted:

Just got her on Saturday; haven't had a "fun" car in years and feel like I'm a teen again. Kept my Mazda 3 as it's paid off and having a wagon to move stuff and haul the dogs seemed like a good idea in the midst of such a frivolous one. :dance:

Nice cars. Super fun to throw around, enjoy!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Ville Valo posted:

Whatup FR-S buddy :hfive:

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
xpost from the what did you do to your ride thread!

Bought it! 2018 Poop Troupe.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

TheFonz posted:

xpost from the what did you do to your ride thread!

Bought it! 2018 Poop Troupe.

At night, everyone is going to assume you are a cop and start driving under the speed limit around you.

It is infuriating.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

At night, everyone is going to assume you are a cop and start driving under the speed limit around you.

It is infuriating.

Add neons.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Add a roof rack.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

It is infuriating.

I had to drive it 100 miles home on the interstate, 7 people got over from the left lane almost immediately. I ave NEVER had that happen before. It was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Add a fake taxi cab roof sign. When I had my Crown Vic, nothing would lose you deference on the road like that.