Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well, guess it's time to go big or go home.

I, Yvonmukluk, oath to paint for March 2018 28(!) 28mm Bolt Action Commandos, 1 28mm British Forward Observer (all by Warlord Games), and 2 Chain of Command Jumping-Off points by Too Fat Lardies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

Well, guess it's time to go big or go home.

I, Yvonmukluk, oath to paint for March 2018 28(!) 28mm Bolt Action Commandos, 1 28mm British Forward Observer (all by Warlord Games), and 2 Chain of Command Jumping-Off points by Too Fat Lardies.

Approved!

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
I, gameraMan, Oath to paint for March 2018 1 bookcase, 1 bed, and 10 various kitchenware items (mugs, plates, etc.)

I purchased these figures from tiny-furniture.com, which are all cast from Hirst Arts molds.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I, Signal, do Oath 4 Onslaught Miniatures Okami Combine Rigs in 6mm

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
I, Chiwie, oath this Space Marine lieutenant for March 2018. Models are 28mm Games Workshop.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of March a PHR battleship (with 2 prow options), for Dropfleet Commander by Hawk Wargames TTcombat in ridiculous scale.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

Progress shots on the leader:

Claiming the month's Journal for the bullet impacts on the front left panel of the leader, as well as The Mr. Tryhard Award for successfully packing everything onto a 6mm model.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned Oath the following for March:

1 Warchanter (GW, 28mm)
1 Halfling Bard (Stonehaven, 28mm)
1 converted car (not-Hotwheels, ???)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

December Judgements!

Third Place: KingMob

Always so clean, for being such dirty models. Strong lining work.

Second place: Dr Gargunza

The glow on this sword is delightful, really drives home a heated metal look.

First Place: Red Shoe

Impressive volume, and supremely well done. I always love your stuff, and this was another great month.

Bonus Point: Floppychop

This is absolutely adorable.

January Judgements!

Third Place: Red Shoe

It is shockingly difficult for there to be a month in which you aren't one of the best painters. Great work.

Second Place: Floppychop

This is one of my favorite GW models, and you really nailed the difficult task of making black armor distinctive.

First place: Corrode

I almost missed just how great these guys are. You should spend some time working on getting your pictures as delightful as your painting.

Bonus point: TheFinalTuba

This is great tartan work, that deserves to be recognized.

February Judgement

Third Place: Dr. Gargunza

I know how annoying these bones models can be to make look good, but you did a great job.

Second Place: Red Shoe

The blending on the leather is just fabulous.

First Place: Galaspar

With all these bright saturated colors, these guys should look ridiculous. Instead they're just impressive. The vibrancy of the slime, and the eye-jewel in particular, are just great.

Bonus point: Chiwie

This face is delightfully well done! Keep it up!

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!

Signal posted:

Compliments

Thanks! Much appreciated.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath addition!

6x Echo Corvettes, Dropfleet Commander by TTcombat, ridonculous scale.

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of March a PHR battleship (with 2 prow options), for Dropfleet Commander by Hawk Wargames TTcombat in ridiculous scale.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

Signal posted:

Bonus point: Chiwie

This face is delightfully well done! Keep it up!

Holy poo poo. Thank you so much!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:11tea:January judgement!:11tea:

Third place, 1 point: Galaspar

Second place, 2 points: Lazyfire

First place, 3 points: Red Shoe

Bonus, 1 point: Signal
For his unicorn WIP pictures.

:boom:February judgement!:boom:

Third place, 1 point: Red Shoe

Second place, 2 points: Dr. Gargunza

First place, 3 points: Galaspar

Bonus, 1 point: Chiwie

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Wow! Thank you judges! I'm really happy with how those guys turned out. Gives me a lot to live up to this month!

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

Electric Hobo posted:

Bonus, 1 point: Chiwie

I don't know how to deal with positive reinforcement. Send help!

But seriously thank you! I never thought in a million years that I would get bonus points.

Oath Complete

Claiming jurnal for the slightly scratched up bit of the breast plate, the bullet hole on the left pauldron.

Claiming Stay awhile and listen for the followingly bad Fandex style entry:

Coda's bad fanfiction posted:

Lieutenant Ulther Vermillion 'The Red Fox' of the Swords Of Davion

Ulther Vermillion. The Red Fox. An Astares that is seemingly always knee deep in the blood of foes and allies, right in the maelstrom of the most brutal close quarters fighting he can find.

He represents the 'old' way of the Swords of Davion, seeking personal glory over all other matters. Vermillion earnt his title during the battle for fox pass, where his entire squad died to due to his unwillingness to retreat in the face of a blood axe horde. Instead he and the squad held the narrow pass for 6 nights and 7 days until he was relieved as the sole survivor, found covered grevious wounds and rent armour. Standing alone amongst the corpses of Astares and Orks alike....

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, oath 1 Big Mek on bike and 5 stormboyz for March. GW, all 28mm.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath addition, 1 alt Wendigo (comprised of 3 tiny minis) by Wyrd games

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
For March I oath Treitak Anyat
Corvus Belli

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

gameraMan posted:

I, gameraMan, Oath to paint for March 2018 1 bookcase, 1 bed, and 10 various kitchenware items (mugs, plates, etc.)

I purchased these figures from tiny-furniture.com, which are all cast from Hirst Arts molds.

Signal posted:

I, Signal, do Oath 4 Onslaught Miniatures Okami Combine Rigs in 6mm

Chiwie posted:

I, Chiwie, oath this Space Marine lieutenant for March 2018. Models are 28mm Games Workshop.

Ugleb posted:

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned Oath the following for March:

1 Warchanter (GW, 28mm)
1 Halfling Bard (Stonehaven, 28mm)
1 converted car (not-Hotwheels, ???)

Ugleb posted:

Oath addition!

6x Echo Corvettes, Dropfleet Commander by TTcombat, ridonculous scale.

Raphus C posted:

I, Raphus C, oath 1 Big Mek on bike and 5 stormboyz for March. GW, all 28mm.

The Moon Monster posted:

Oath addition, 1 alt Wendigo (comprised of 3 tiny minis) by Wyrd games

Red Shoe posted:

For March I oath Treitak Anyat
Corvus Belli

Approved!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

He just lost two fingers, so that's the challenge.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Signal posted:

First place: Corrode

I almost missed just how great these guys are. You should spend some time working on getting your pictures as delightful as your painting.

Thanks dude! I am... working on it. I at least have a proper camera and better lighting now, which will help.

So of course I'm going to Oath Complete for this month with some pictures which suck. Not quite sure why that is, maybe it's the white background? e: turning up the brightness helped a bit

Living Image fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Mar 21, 2018

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath four converted daemonhosts for March:

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
The Regulars are here! Oath complete!

"Captain Smyth. Why are these men lying down during a battle?"

"Poor old Soldier....."

"Light Bob's up and at them!"

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint in March

1 Forge Father heavy armoured vehicle, swappable in all four of its configurations - Sturnhammer Hagall and Hata Pattern Battle Tanks, Brandr Urban Assault Vehicle, and Drakkar APC - by Mantic (28mm)

Utini!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Completed!

Orruk Warchanter. Quick paint job as I needed a cheapish summon monkey for my CSM. I think of him as an aircraft signaller telling the Daemons where to land.

Converted not-Hotwheels car for Gaslands. Jurnal is the bullet damage on the side armour plate.

Gnome Bard for the new player joining in our D&D campaign this evening (the mini is technically a Halfling but close enough...).

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

moths posted:

I, moths, oath four converted daemonhosts for March:

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint in March

1 Forge Father heavy armoured vehicle, swappable in all four of its configurations - Sturnhammer Hagall and Hata Pattern Battle Tanks, Brandr Urban Assault Vehicle, and Drakkar APC - by Mantic (28mm)

Utini!

Approved!

Just over a week left of March, so keep those Oaths and Completions coming as we head towards the finale of Season 8.

If you have any comments about how Season 8 was run and any suggestions for improvements, new Jurnals or Achievements, etc. for Season 9 I'll be glad to hear them!

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Oath completed

Didn’t get to the other stuff I’d hoped for but these guys are done. I’m not sure if the ones peeking out from the grass is too much but I liked it.

Because I’m going back to finish off an Army I started 4 years ago I had to pull out one of the first models I did to be sure I had the uniform colors right. Seeing that old model next to my new ones I could really see the progress I’ve made over those years, and I owe a lot of that to these Oath threads and to all the great painters on something awful dot com sharing their work and tips. Thanks to all of you.

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath to paint up these 10 Khador Winter Guard Rifle Corps dudes in March and maybe some more stuff depending on how it goes.

30mm, Privateer Press

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Haven't felt very good this month, so oathing something simpler than I planned.

I, wdarkk, oath for the month of March two Athens class light cruisers by TTcombat for Dropfleet Commander, 1:9150 scale.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Additional oath! A Raicho.
Corvus Belli

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Hey Zark, for next month's theme, would something like a camo pattern count, or does it need to be a representative image of something?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oathing a Maghariba Guard. This is a HaqqIslam model from Corvus Belli's Infinity.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
March Oath Complete

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Oath Complete

Claiming jurnal for battle damage on this guy:

My Karakuri substitutes turned out way too much like Harley Quinn. I'm pretty happy with my little freehand details on the Domaru, though.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
Late post, late start, but better late than never!
I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint 3 Canine Remains from Malifaux (Wyrd Miniatures)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oath Complete!

Claiming Jurnal for the extreme bruises, scratches, infection, and other abuse suffered by these (unchained) Daemonhosts.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath complete!

As is usually the case, photography reveals some mistakes, and I need to go back in and redo (or do) this guys eyes; they don't look nearly so washed out in person, somehow. Oh well!

What's the plan for next month? Do we have someone stepping up for a new thread? :ohdear:

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Oath Complete

Don't have time to set up the photobooth, but w/e.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete
Came out okay (especially the Brute), but the board game-quality models aren't brilliant, especially the smaller ones, where the detail gets a bit muddy.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath Complete

Just for fun, here's a picture of the whole crew, which is too big for my printed out backdrop. Merry Christmas!

For the recipe for success achievement:

1: Base coated leggings with VMC ivory, Santa suit with VMC Hull red, and cape + cowl with VMC camo green. I thought it was freehand month so I did a diamond pattern on the right leg with VMC neutral green and a stripe pattern on the left leg with VMC flat red.

2. For the skin I basecoated with VGC tan, then mixed in some VMC basic fleshtone for highlights.

3. I highlighted the greens with neutral green and mixed in some yellow for the highest points. For the reds I highlighted with flat red and mixed in some scarlet for the high points. I basecoated the leather with VMC german camo black brown and the metals with VMC desert yellow.

4. I edge highlighted the leather with desert yellow and covered the metals with VGC brassy brass and highlighted with VGC glorious gold. It looks like I also must have done a wash in there using Army Painter strong tone.

5. I did a snowflake design on the cape using VMC white and VMC sky blue.

6. For her snowy magic I basecoated with VMC sky blue (stuff dries waaay darker than it goes one) then built up the highlights by mixing in white.

7. Assembling this thing was a pain. I couldn't get everything to fit together quite right, which was a problem since her right hand is attached to her magic swirl rather than her wrist. So I cut the key on her foot and swirl down a bit, put a layer of milliput in the sockets and glued her on to that. I'm pretty pleased with how well it seemed to work.

Stuff I forgot to take WIP photos of: For the ice crystals I painted each face with a gradient of sky blue at the bottom and a 1:1 mix of sky blue and VMC dark prussian blue at the top. Then I edge highlighted with white. I also must have touched up the patterns on her leggings at some point because they look pretty garbo in these WIP photos but pretty nice on the finished mini. The snow on her base is roughly a 2:1:1 mix of baking soda, Elmer's glue, and white paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete!

The Grand Fleet gets reinforced! Also, a bigass flagship.

With prow options! Minos:

Heracles:

• Locked thread