Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

hadji murad posted:

Comic Zeal doesn’t seem to be letting me upload anymore. Anyone had a similar issue?

What other comic apps are good?

YACReader is what you want if you're on iOS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Zachack posted:

On Android I just used perfect viewer. iOS I use ComicGlass. Those two apps are, afaik, still the best ones at pulling files from a network drive to store on the device with folders. Every other app I’ve used botches the core functionality while adding in nice but inessential options.

All I want is an app that acts like Plex for comics. Server that keeps track of my comics and a client I can use on my tablet or phone to stream the files. I've got a bazillion miscellaneous Humble Bundle comics and pretty much every comic app is basic functionally like Perfect Viewer, which let's me set up a network path but doesn't keep track of read and unread, or ComicRack which does essentially everything I want but requires you to store comics locally.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Medullah posted:

All I want is an app that acts like Plex for comics. Server that keeps track of my comics and a client I can use on my tablet or phone to stream the files.

That's exactly what YACReader is. But it's only on iOS.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

X-O posted:

That's exactly what YACReader is. But it's only on iOS.

Sadly I have Android.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Yeah, sadly the only platform Yacreader isn’t on is Android. The creators not against it mind you, it’s just too much for him without some extra help.

Really good app though. I got the server running on a computer with my library and my laptops can access that over smb or ill download the comics to my iPad.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The only actual computer I use it my work one so I can't download stuff on it, any good tools for getting stuff directly from a humble bundle onto an app?

I have a good cbz reader, but the problem is right now I need to open the humble purchase page, click on the title I want, wait for it to download, then open that link in my reader. It's not super difficult or anything, but I have to do it one at a time and it takes 3-5 minutes each time.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

The only actual computer I use it my work one so I can't download stuff on it, any good tools for getting stuff directly from a humble bundle onto an app?

I can't check right now, but if you're on Android, is there a viewer on Chrome (or whatever browser) that would just open when you click the PDF link instead of downloading?

edit: How about uploading to Google Drive on the computer if you can't keep anything on there physically?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 26, 2018

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I suppose PDF would work. Usually I just load a bunch on and go through them but that'd at least be easier

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Thanks all. Liking YAC so far.

Is there a way to redownload files I bought from Panel Syndicate or do I have to put zeroes in the box?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

hadji murad posted:

Is there a way to redownload files I bought from Panel Syndicate or do I have to put zeroes in the box?

Gotta "buy" them again for $0.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Does anyone have any fancy tricks for downloading from Humble in bulk? It's no bueno going link by link and waiting for files to download so I can select another.

Edit - Also, I don't want to poo poo up the thread with a "please hold my hand through this process", but is there like a "YACreader for dummies" or something? I've picked up a fair number of humble bundle comics through the years and I decided I should probably read them.

Russad fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Mar 28, 2018

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I just switched. My problems were having to hit the upload button in the app after loading them through iTunes and you can only move them in the side view after they are uploaded.

Also, unrelated, vol 4 of Peter David’s Hulk Visionairies is also 99 cents. They didn’t release vol 3 and 4 for years, now they are coming out with the weekly 99 cent trade sales.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
Another week, another set of 99c trades. Doesn't seem like good business to me but I'll take it.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
They do two a week. One on Wednesday and one on Thursday it seems. (I’m in a weird time zone)

Hulk Visionaries 5 just came out today. Maybe we will get 6 next week the way this is going.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

While you guys bought actually good comics, I bought New 52 Future's End :buddy:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Roth posted:

While you guys bought actually good comics, I bought New 52 Future's End :buddy:

Can you give a liveblog for reading it in the DC thread? It's such a weird thing.

edit: Amazing Ryan Sook covers, though. It always has that going for it!

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

X-O posted:

YACReader is what you want if you're on iOS.

This was a fantastic recommendation, thanks.

My only problem with it is that while browsing my remote library it's not showing any covers. Is this normal? After importing, the cover shows up in my iPad library.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Marvel 99c collections.
https://www.comixology.com/Recent-Marvel-Collections-Sale/page/18094
Seems like a bundle of all the recent sales, so that might be the end of 'em.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Teenage Fansub posted:

Marvel 99c collections.

If nothing else, everyone NEEDS to grab the complete Vision run for 99 cents. It’s so loving good and it has SO MUCH extra content! Seeings all the covers and letters and variants and poo poo was awesome. It has the script and layout process for everything and it’s so loving a joy to go through.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Teenage Fansub posted:

Marvel 99c collections.

I thought I bought all the Star Wars ones when it first came up, but seems I did not have 2 of them, so maybe some have been added. (Or have just not noticed that not all got registered).

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I know utterly nothing about Thor, but the Simonson volumes in that sale are supposed to be real choice, right?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

grassy gnoll posted:

I know utterly nothing about Thor, but the Simonson volumes in that sale are supposed to be real choice, right?

Some of the best comics you'll ever read

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

grassy gnoll posted:

That is peak Thor for me.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Roth posted:

Some of the best comics you'll ever read

Okay, yep, this was not hyperbole. Thanks, folks.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Marvels 4/4 trades are also 99 cents. I grabbed X-Men: Grand Design and Legion Quest.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Where is the link to these? I can never find the new ones that are 99 cents.

edit: Or I could just check new releases...

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Astro-City-Sale/page/18061

https://www.comixology.com/Fantagraphics-Linewide-Sale/page/18063

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Here's a sale in the lead up to Action Comics #1000.
https://www.comixology.com/Road-to-Action-Comics-1000-Sale/page/18107

I strongly recommend Greg Pak's run from N52 collection #5, but search for Superman Doomed and get that instead of the Superdoom trade, since it's the whole crossover.
At least get his first trade. It's some of the best modern stuff out there.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Here's a sale in the lead up to Action Comics #1000.
https://www.comixology.com/Road-to-Action-Comics-1000-Sale/page/18107

I strongly recommend Greg Pak's run from N52 collection #5, but search for Superman Doomed and get that instead of the Superdoom trade, since it's the whole crossover.
At least get his first trade. It's some of the best modern stuff out there.

I was difging through this and only about 2/3rds of action comics singles are on sale and trades that include any none action comics comics are not on sale. Lmao

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Eh? All the N52 and Rebirth singles are there.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Eh? All the N52 and Rebirth singles are there.

Ho boy. 😧

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

This week's new 99c Marvel trades are:
America Vol 2
Cable Vol 2
Jean Grey Vol 2
Avengers Epic Collection: Avengers/Defenders War
Marvel Masterworks: Avengers Vol 18
Deadpool Vs Old Man Logan
Gwenpool Vol 5
Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol 2
Spider-Man/Deadpool Vol 5

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
It’s not on the site yet?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Huh, if you search for the titles, they do show up as .99.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I have gotten to where I just search the new releases to see what trades are on sale; I can never find the sale's page.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If this is marvel’s tactic to get me to buy and read a ton of comics I would otherwise have no interest in then it’s working because I’m just buying a ton of these trades.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'd love to know the reasoning behind essentially giving away comic trades, whether they view it as a way to build IP recognition for the movies, to bring people in and sell more current comics, or just that it's better to sell 15 trades for a buck rather than zero trades for $15.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

enigmahfc posted:

I have gotten to where I just search the new releases to see what trades are on sale; I can never find the sale's page.

I was just wondering where Teenage Fansub got his info from. It seemed early, wondering what the source was.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I don't see the 99 cent sale anymore, and yesterday's trades have gone back to full price. I guess that's the end of that?

hadji murad posted:

I was just wondering where Teenage Fansub got his info from. It seemed early, wondering what the source was.

Probably just looked at this week's new trades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I think I saw it on the Resetera comics thread.

I got my $1 Chip Spidey on time!