Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Anidav posted:

Sky News Breaking : Government has majority support to pass tax cuts.

gently caress Hinch.
Lol if you thought Hinch would actually have any kind of spine on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
It's on TV right now and I'm waiting for a URL source but all of the top stories are about Cricket. Almost as if this was timed :tinfoil:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

It's on TV right now and I'm waiting for a URL source but all of the top stories are about Cricket. Almost as if this was timed :tinfoil:

Well, you know how those private school cricket boys are. Mal probably just gave Steve-o a call and asked for a favour. A few bottles of Grange were exchanged and voila!

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
As a Wesfarmers employee I sure can't wait for my pay r-aaaahahaha AAAAAHAHAHAA

Zenithe fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Mar 25, 2018

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Zenithe posted:

As a Wesfarmers employee I sure can't wait for my pay r-aaaahahaha AAAAAHAHAHAA

gday fellow wesfarmer

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/politicsabc/status/978043122553782272

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

That was a great meltdown.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

thatbastardken posted:

vb and darts aren't banned substances
Doesn't make it OK.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Peter Dutton trying to smile :cenobite:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

That was a great meltdown.

That was election period tier spin.

Tax cuts pass and then to the polls probably.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Anidav posted:

Can you imagine the backlash for being sent to the polls early *again*?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

They're probably thinking that passing the tax cuts means that the business council and minerals council will back them up with an Advertising campaign and make Bill Shorten looks like Kim Beazley.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Turnbull is so salty, he can see #30 approaching and knows he can't change a loving thing lmao

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But he got so mad about the cricket

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Peter Dutton trying to smile :cenobite:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Anidav posted:

Can't have a normal election before August, and even if they wanted to have a DD I'm not sure they've got a trigger yet.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
It might just be the lighting in that video, but it looks to me like Malcolm's balding. Like, more than usual.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

He could fit right in with this thread IMO.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Australian Conservatives MP Dennis Hood defects to SA Liberals

fuckin lol

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

:laffo:

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Anidav posted:

I reckon a fair few of them flirt with Labor and minor parties until the next tax cuts come and then they will tell younger generations about the glory of Howard.

I feel like those FYGM chuds only swing to Labor after nearly 8 years of constant fuckups by the Liberals finally convince them that they're dogshit at running the country. Kev had his Ruddslide because 1. His unique brand of smug narcissism probably resonated with their own, 2. Howard bit off way more than the party could chew in the last term because he knew he was out of time anyway, and that there was nobody left in the party with any talent, because he'd learned his lesson from the Hewson and Hawk/Keating years, and done everything he could to knife prospective challengers along the way.

Fortunately, Millenials now outnumber the boomers, and Trumble's SSM debacle got a vast number of unregistered YOUTHS onto the roll.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Can't wait to see the response from Cory. Wonder if the Australian Conservatives as a brand will even last out his entire senate term.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Senor Tron posted:

Can't wait to see the response from Cory. Wonder if the Australian Conservatives as a brand will even last out his entire senate term.

Probably not--they seem to have lost a lot of steam following the marriage survey outcome and given that Turnbull has almost entirely capitulated to the conservative faction of the LNP

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-26/barnaby-joyce-declares-vikki-campion-his-partner/9586078

quote:

Former deputy prime minister Barnaby Joyce has updated his parliamentary records to confirm his former media adviser is now his partner.

He confirmed Ms Campion as his partner on February 13 but only updated his register of interests to reflect that last week, on March 19, which is just outside the 28 days required for updates to be made.
His register of interests now shows the update made in January — that he had separated from his wife Natalie — as well as the from last week showing Ms Campion owns a property in the Canberra suburb of Braddon, and some shares.
He has deleted the declaration showing the gift of six months' rent-free use of a townhouse in Armidale in his electorate of New England.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Before Times posted:

Probably not--they seem to have lost a lot of steam following the marriage survey outcome and given that Turnbull has almost entirely capitulated to the conservative faction of the LNP
Also the Murdoch press have got stuck into Cory since he left the Liberals, painting him as treacherous.

Good old Cory No Friends.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Senor Tron posted:

Beautiful. A guy who's only in the Senate due to being top of the Liberal ticket in SA is finally learning that he's actually completely irrelevant.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
According to the Guardian, Labor has caved and exempted pensioners from the franking credit rebate.

They should have just put a cap on the amount and then have it reduce over the coming years, allowing people to restructure their finance.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
This is *checks notes* good for Star Citizen because

wait wrong train wreck

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

G-Spot Run posted:

This is *checks notes* good for Star Citizen because

wait wrong train wreck
Oh drat!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Freudian Slip posted:

According to the Guardian, Labor has caved and exempted pensioners from the franking credit rebate.

They should have just put a cap on the amount and then have it reduce over the coming years, allowing people to restructure their finance.

That's weird, Laura Tingle said on Insiders that they'd set a floor on it to protect genuine low income earners.

If they're doing this then they're shook, looks like the papers still carry the power.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Like a cat smelling blood

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/978047868056453120

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Fraser Anning claims that South African farmers are at risk of genocide

quote:

The Queensland senator Fraser Anning has described people attacking South African farmers as “subhuman” and claimed that events in the country were “the start of a genocide”.

Speaking to supporters of the farmers outside Queensland’s parliament in Brisbane on Sunday, the former One Nation senator, now an independent, said of the situation in South Africa: “This is the start of a genocide as far as I’m concerned, and it’s only going to get worse because the genocide has just started.”

Without referring to any specific case, Anning said: “Anyone who would boil a child in a bath, rape his mother and slaughter people the way they are slaughtering them now are subhuman.”

In a Facebook video of the speech (beginning at 27 minutes), Anning cast doubt on the ability of black South Africans to work the land. “These people, when they do take over the farms, as we’ve seen in Rhodesia [Zimbabwe], the farms will run into ruin.

“Within a few more years they’ll be asking, demanding our support, and you can be sure that the United Nations will be demanding that we support these people with foreign aid.”

Anning supported Peter Dutton’s proposal to grant the farmers refugee status. He disparaged migrants from other destinations, saying South Africans were “industrious, they’re hardworking, they have the same Christian values, as opposed to some of the other people we’ve been bringing into the country”, who, he said, were “intent on tearing our country apart”.

Independent analysis has found it is all but impossible to accurately estimate the number of white farmers who have been murdered or attacked in South Africa in recent years, but figures suggest the murder rate for young black men in urban areas is considerably higher. Police statistics publicised by a South African MP, Pieter Groenewald, of the Freedom Front Plus party, show there were 638 attacks on farms and 74 murders in 2016-17, a rise on the previous year, but fewer than in many years during the past two decades. The figures are not broken down by race.

In earlier remarks at the Brisbane event, the Liberal MP Andrew Laming said attacks on white farmers in South Africa were sending them the message to “effectively, get out of our country”.

Laming said he had learned about the issue from a widely shared Facebook post purporting to show an elderly farmer who had been beaten, which he reposted on Sunday night.

He praised his “great colleague Peter Dutton”, saying “he could have ignored [farmers] completely, and hid behind PC departments, who continue to say the murder rate here is no different from the murder rate down the road”.

Laming cast doubt on the South African government’s willingness to tell the truth about attacks on farmers. “We need a South African government that starts counting the toll,” he said. “We need a South African government that doesn’t paper over reality.”

He emphasised the kinship between Australia and South Africa, saying: “We have two great frontier countries, with a great history.”

The speeches were cheered by hundreds of people who had earlier marched down Roma Street chanting slogans including “Save our farmers”, and “Thank you Mr Dutton”.

The march was organised by Brisbane’s South African community in support of proposals floated by Dutton to grant a special immigration status to white South African farmers.

The foreign affairs minister, Julie Bishop, rejected Dutton’s comments last week, saying Australia had no plans to make special visa considerations for white South Africans. The South African government criticised his comments as “sad” and “regrettable”.

:staredog:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It’s too bad the Myanmar thing apparently doesn’t count as genocide to these top bloke politicians.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Police have arrested the mayor of Logan

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

What for?

The bald-faced racism of this South African stuff is insane. Multiple MPs are coming out and saying "black people can't farm" and aren't being called out for it.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Corruption.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It's amazing to see just home many Liberals have fallen for the Alt Right rhetoric regarding South Africa.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

Hasn't everyone in Logan been arrested at some point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Especially Lord Mayors

• Locked thread