Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Trojan Kaiju posted:

I just racked up the lapis for a 10+1 and was wondering if I should bother pulling now in the hopes of Fina if I already have Tilith. Still don't have any stone immunity but otherwise I've got pretty solid healing.

Ayaka and CG Fina are in a class so far above Tilith's healing. If you have nothing else you need, it is sorta worth to pull for one of them. That said, I try not to pull on any non-limited banner, but I have "good enough" units for any content we have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
still no resolution on my friends gift bullshit error lol.

managed to half pull a Basch today, and my 30M ticket gave me a Lunera.

Do I have any use for Lunera if I already have enhanced Ramza?

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Woo! I 1/2 pulled my first Loren today! She seems pretty good.

Also trip report: CG Fina is ridiculous and I'm still shocked that I pulled her.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

new kind of cat posted:

Lunera has much better MP refresh but lower stats boost. It’s arguable as to which is more needed.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So I’ve still been slowly just spending 20-30 minutes chipping away at rerolling and I pulled a blossom sage Sakura, but no other real good ones. From reading her review by that sperg on the ffbe forums(memelord or something like that?) she seems pretty good.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

new kind of cat posted:

If you have a ton of TMs, you can do what I did and trick her out with something like this

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bob NewSCART posted:

So I’ve still been slowly just spending 20-30 minutes chipping away at rerolling and I pulled a blossom sage Sakura, but no other real good ones. From reading her review by that sperg on the ffbe forums(memelord or something like that?) she seems pretty good.

If you wanna just get going that’s a solid damage unit that will clear most beginner content for a whiles. When you get to the end game trials, she’s a magic finisher which is kind of a niche roll. Finishers in general are usually only practical for whales going for a one hit kill. Most hard fights won’t have room on a team for her except for the 10 man fights.

If you have the patience, you absolutely want to keep re rolling till Fina shows up. It’s going to suck and you’ll want to scream, but she is basically a beginners (wet) dream unit. Her damage dealing will easily carry you through all newbie content and oh by the way she’s also going to be your healer forever.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 25, 2018

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

new kind of cat posted:

I don’t think I’ve taken him out of my party since I got him. His attacks and enemy status lowerers are good and ‘Spirit of the Fighter’ is ridiculous

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

This story is pretty bad. It's so bad that the last two dungeons are called "Extra 1" and "Extra 2," because they couldn't stretch out the furry original character do not steal backstory any further than they did.

Did you play during the fan-created characters raid? There's a Flowery Lady, a Costume Girl and Mog Friend in there. Iris is a "Prince's Friend" as well. Primm's job is "Young Girl."

Was it a while ago? I don’t think so. But I keep getting this maid dual wielding handguns and she just looks so ridiculous. Was she a story char a while back?

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 25, 2018

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

new kind of cat posted:

Generally, when I have some stupid bullshit error, uninstalling and reinstalling the game fixes it for me.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

LadyPictureShow posted:

I don’t think I’ve taken him out of my party since I got him. His attacks and enemy status lowerers are good and ‘Spirit of the Fighter’ is ridiculous

Was it a while ago? I don’t think so. But I keep getting this maid dual wielding handguns and she just looks so ridiculous. Was she a story char a while back?

Yup Amelia’s the fixer for the Zoldaad empire. Had her own story event with Ilias, Fohlen, and somebody else that’s forgettable.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Mar 25, 2018

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Pulled Elf-chick with my celebration ticket, which I'm not entirely thrilled at because she isn't very useful as a unit(counter-tank with lovely base stats lol) and I have no cloud to be able to do tdh. Oh well, she gets to join the rainbow bench squad.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Yup Amelia’s the fixer for the Zoldaad empire. Had her own story event with Ilias, Fohlen, and somebody else that’s forgettable.

Im pretty sure Camille is the only one of all of those that gets a second story + she's the most useful out of them once she gets her 6* form.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Cartoon Man posted:

If you wanna just get going that’s a solid damage unit that will clear most beginner content for a whiles. When you get to the end game trials, she’s a magic finisher which is kind of a niche roll. Finishers in general are usually only practical for whales going for a one hit kill. Most hard fights won’t have room on a team for her except for the 10 man fights.

If you have the patience, you absolutely want to keep re rolling till Fina shows up. It’s going to suck and you’ll want to scream, but she is basically a beginners (wet) dream unit. Her damage dealing will easily carry you through all newbie content and oh by the way she’s also going to be your healer forever.

Any of the variations of fina specifically?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Bob NewSCART posted:

Lotus Mage Fina.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Bob NewSCART posted:

This new CG Fina.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yeah sorry I wasn’t more specific. Make sure you try and get her before her banner goes away. She’s what we call a “meta defining” unit in that she sets the bar for healing alongside Ayaka. But unlike Ayaka she comes with fantastic damage skills/spells which will plow through all the easy content with no issues once you can max her.

Getting a good healer early in the game is hard for new players. With Lotus Mage Fina you’re set for the rest of your account until the 7* meta hits and even then you’ll do just fine.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Kjermzs posted:

This new CG Fina.

What’s CG stand for?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

Yeah sorry I wasn’t more specific. Make sure you try and get her before her banner goes away. She’s what we call a “meta defining” unit in that she sets the bar for healing alongside Ayaka. But unlike Ayaka she comes with fantastic damage skills/spells which will plow through all the easy content with no issues once you can max her.

Getting a good healer early in the game is hard for new players. With Lotus Mage Fina you’re set for the rest of your account until the 7* meta hits and even then you’ll do just fine.

Cool. Thanks for all the help guys. So top tier healers, and chainers are my two big ones I’m looking for? Any tanks I could pull worth keeping or should I just hammer through until I get a nice chainer and or healer?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bob NewSCART posted:

What’s CG stand for?

A CG (computer generated) movie cutscene plays when you use her Limit Break, just like when you summon an esper. See for yourself in her special vortex mission where you can test drive the unit.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Bob NewSCART posted:

Cool. Thanks for all the help guys. So top tier healers, and chainers are my two big ones I’m looking for? Any tanks I could pull worth keeping or should I just hammer through until I get a nice chainer and or healer?

There are a ton of good tanks at four star, another at three, and two at five. Tanking will happen incidentally along the way.

Healer (because she's up) and solid chains are the base around which you can build up almost anything into usefulness.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Honestly, I’d just keep pulling till Lotus Mage Fina shows up and then go. There are only two 5* healers in the S tier, LM Fina and Ayaka, but there are plenty of good chain DPS that will drop in good time as you play the game. The only other unit that might make me stop and go would be Basch. His dual ability to tank magic and physical make him too good to pass up, IMO.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Bob NewSCART posted:

What’s CG stand for?

It's just one of those things where people are too lazy to use their wonderful full keyboards which we have had for like 30 years or so now. Ur going to have to get used to stupid stuff like this if u want to hang.

Anyway, you definitely want Lotus Mage Fina. She will make things very easy for you for a long time.

Taking that advice myself (though I do have Ayaka so I'm not hurting for healing) I spent the two tickets I got from today's expedition and Extra Stage 1 and as the rainbow crystal dropped, I said to myself "please let this be Fina..."

And it was Fina! Seabreeze Dark Fina! I should have been more specific.🤣

Next ticket, Blue->Gold->Rainbow! Prompto!

Still had that 100% Mood Maker moogle, so that's cool.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It's just one of those things where people are too lazy to use their wonderful full keyboards which we have had for like 30 years or so now. Ur going to have to get used to stupid stuff like this if u want to hang.

Anyway, you definitely want Lotus Mage Fina. She will make things very easy for you for a long time.

Taking that advice myself (though I do have Ayaka so I'm not hurting for healing) I spent the two tickets I got from today's expedition and Extra Stage 1 and as the rainbow crystal dropped, I said to myself "please let this be Fina..."

And it was Fina! Seabreeze Dark Fina! I should have been more specific.🤣

Next ticket, Blue->Gold->Rainbow! Prompto!

Still had that 100% Mood Maker moogle, so that's cool.

Oh I’ve been playing mmos and rpgs for like a decade and a half+ now, I’m all the way used to the obscure wording and acronyms and abbreviations. Just not familiar with this games fully yet, didn’t know if CG was a type of fina like lunar fina or sea breeze is.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cartoon Man posted:

Honestly, I’d just keep pulling till Lotus Mage Fina shows up and then go. There are only two 5* healers in the S tier, LM Fina and Ayaka, but there are plenty of good chain DPS that will drop in good time as you play the game. The only other unit that might make me stop and go would be Basch. His dual ability to tank magic and physical make him too good to pass up, IMO.

Basch looks cool too don't forget that.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
I swear the game is trolling me. I spent my stash of about 60 tickets on the banner and for five rainbows (which I realize is very lucky): Nyx #3, Ramza (not bad, but I already have two Roys), and Dark Fina #3 among them.

Now, the other two were my first T Terra and O Knight, and T.Terra will do very well with my Christine, so I'm not complaining. But if I hadn't pulled Ayaka on a daily a couple weeks ago I would be a little salty.

Boy howdy I need crysts and cactuars now.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Ok the 30m tickets have to have higher rates or something. I got 3 rainbows back to back on today's, I had already gotten a rainbow previously on one and all but two of the pulls were blue. Statistically it doesn't make any sense.

Mind you it's my third loving Marie and second Gilgamesh but it's better than loving bedile

Nah. I’ve actually pulled Bedile and gotten nothing but trash blues. Like, stuff I will sell instead of trying to 21 because the odds of me ever using their TM are 0%.

Daily did get me my first Elfreeda. Wish I cared about DH builds. I’ll probably try to build a super strong cloud at some point I suppose.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://mobile.twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/978074206352166913

:rip:

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
With all the dumb rear end 5* dupes I have, the 2 Ray Jacks might be the worst.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

that lasted what 2 months

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

KDdidit posted:

With all the dumb rear end 5* dupes I have, the 2 Ray Jacks might be the worst.

Put em on the shelf next to Fencer and the other Crystal Defenders. Ain’t gonna be no 7*, they’ll sweep this one under the rug and pretend it never happened.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

the crystal defenders got enhancements, which is more that any of these units will get

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Maybe it shouldn't have been a TERRIBLE GAME, based on an ALSO TERRIBLE GAME.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
King's Knight was all right.

There was no energy cost.

It was a multiplayer bullet hell with wizards and dragons instead of mecha and jets.

It released waaaaaay too late for it to get any sort of synergy traction with Final Fantasy XV.

It lasted a more than a couple months... but no one cared, due to the lack of interest.

Kind of grindy, like Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omni, but since it has no real nostalgia factor, that was a harder pill to swallow than Dissidia's already-bitter pill.

There were no hard whale fishing hooks.

Oh well.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Wadow and kunshira? I’ve never seen either of these before and they don’t seem to be in the tier listing. Mostly just curious what the deal is with them, I’m still pulling in the hopes of getting a dark veritas/fryevia/one of the nier characters maybe.

I guess I forgot to mention I pulled 5* Roy, wadow, and kunshira on the latest reroll

Valth001
Jul 20, 2014

Bob NewSCART posted:

Wadow and kunshira? I’ve never seen either of these before and they don’t seem to be in the tier listing. Mostly just curious what the deal is with them, I’m still pulling in the hopes of getting a dark veritas/fryevia/one of the nier characters maybe.

I guess I forgot to mention I pulled 5* Roy, wadow, and kunshira on the latest reroll

Nier characters were limited time unfortunately.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Bob NewSCART posted:

Wadow is just an unimportant gold. Kunshira is brand new and is a pretty decent hybrid damage dealer, but isn't a top tier.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Valth001 posted:

Nier characters were limited time unfortunately.

I was wondering why they weren’t discussed more considering they appear to be super top tier on the wiki.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

I keep reading on a lot of the unit pages that look cool to me that they have a lot of MP issues without a mana battery. I looked through LMFina’s wiki page and it seems she has a bunch of MP restoring abilities, would she be considered a battery?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Well well look who we found here. Now it’s time to double down and pull a LMFina and a DPS/tank with a sprite that I actually like.

I had two more questions actually;
1) is there always a 10+1 summon available for new players?
2) is lotus fina limited time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Bob NewSCART posted:

Well well look who we found here. Now it’s time to double down and pull a LMFina and a DPS/tank with a sprite that I actually like.

I had two more questions actually;
1) is there always a 10+1 summon available for new players?
2) is lunar fina limited time?

Don't know about #1 these days, but CG.fina is not limited, just less likely to get her once she is off banner.

• Locked thread